Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 147 148 149 150 151 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

IVL
post Jul 4 2019, 05:46 PM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 2 2019, 10:36 PM)
If you want consider the specs together with proportions, they are good.

Hca is just a rejection tool BTW.

Real life viewing is better than that. How do you feel?
360 video looks OK, eye clean and no inclusion.. just afraid that the proportions is only good on paper...
kambingkoh
post Jul 4 2019, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(mrkeann @ Jul 4 2019, 11:30 AM)
They are able to meet my tight timeframe and did ask for discount a bit  biggrin.gif
Good to hear that!
kambingkoh
post Jul 4 2019, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(IVL @ Jul 4 2019, 05:46 PM)
360 video looks OK, eye clean and no inclusion.. just afraid that the proportions is only good on paper...
Since you have ordered, let's wait and see.
Chrislimmer P
post Jul 5 2019, 12:05 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(IVL @ Jul 4 2019, 05:46 PM)
That's why i opted for brick & mortar for my case. i needed to touch and feel the diamond that i like before making such large purchase. plus the price difference is quite minimal in my opinion.

But your proportion looks good. i guess you shudnt worry so much. if anything, you can exchange with something else right?
Magnus773 P
post Jul 5 2019, 12:37 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Macaroon1987 @ Jun 17 2019, 11:45 AM)
Well, to say that Tiffany is coach while ACA is hermes in terms of quality means that you don't really know how to assess quality well enough. If really like you said, whiteflash is better quality than Tiffany, then at best it would only be a LV/Chanel (Tiffany) vs. Hermes (ACA) comparison for QUALITY. Tiffany diamonds are known to have high quality diamonds (they are also famous for their quality not just expensive pricing so they can't be coach).

But in terms of overall branding, ACA will only be the coach, while Tiffany is the Hermes. Just so you know it's pretty known that most of the branded bags are of same quality, sometimes the cheaper ones like Coach might even have better quality items than certain items in LV/Chanel/Hermes but just because of the branding, LV/Chanel/Hermes are priced higher. So would you be buying coach (ACA) at 20 to 30% cheaper? I wouldn't..i want them to be 70 to 80% cheaper...this is what I meant by getting value. Again, my analogy is based on overall branding not on quality or pricing itself.

And this is Tiffany. I haven't even started talking about the really good quality and comparable ones like Hearts On Fire, Lazare etc..

I know some ppl might say nobody can tell the difference anyway. Well, yes and no..i do get asked quite often where I get my rings..

But then again, my idea has always been getting what your fiancee wants. I read in your previous post that your fiancee is good with whiteflash or Brian gavin. So ya, that's the more important part I guess.
omg i cant agree more on this. i have been wanting and hinting my bf a tiffany/forevermark/love&co diamond ring. but he bought me something from US cause it's cheaper.

guys need to stop buying diamond like buying vegetable cry.gif
adrianteo
post Jul 5 2019, 06:59 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

was following this thread closely as i am looking for some information/guide on where to start my journey.

Just saw the Enchanted Diamond has file for bankruptcy. I was just looking at their website 2 weeks ago!

That's my concern when buying gems online/not through established brands. Branded bricks and mortar shop may be expensive but somehow it gives that assurance especially after sales.

I have spoken to The Gem Tribe and the lady seems very knowledgeable. Any other recommendation for services similar to TGT? Preferably based in Malaysia.

This post has been edited by adrianteo: Jul 5 2019, 07:03 AM
kambingkoh
post Jul 5 2019, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Jul 5 2019, 06:59 AM)
was following this thread closely as i am looking for some information/guide on where to start my journey.

Just saw the Enchanted Diamond has file for bankruptcy. I was just looking at their website 2 weeks ago!

That's my concern when buying gems online/not through established brands. Branded bricks and mortar shop may be expensive but somehow it gives that assurance especially after sales.

I have spoken to The Gem Tribe and the lady seems very knowledgeable. Any other recommendation for services similar to TGT? Preferably based in Malaysia.
Unfortunately Enchanted Diamonds is one of the bad apples that gives a bad name for online shopping. But it is certainly consumer's right to choose which company they want to buy from based on their own comfort level and preference.

The Gem Tribe lady used to work for brick-and-mortar chain as a gemologist, and she holds a GIA Graduate Gemologist cert. The other guy I know that has similar cert will be ZCOVA's co-founder ZiYin. I think the founder of House of Diamonds also have similar cert.
adrianteo
post Jul 5 2019, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 5 2019, 03:06 PM)
Unfortunately Enchanted Diamonds is one of the bad apples that gives a bad name for online shopping. But it is certainly consumer's right to choose which company they want to buy from based on their own comfort level and preference.

The Gem Tribe lady used to work for brick-and-mortar chain as a gemologist, and she holds a GIA Graduate Gemologist cert. The other guy I know that has similar cert will be ZCOVA's co-founder ZiYin. I think the founder of House of Diamonds also have similar cert.
Hi would you mind helping me to look at this diamond?

GIA 2201369818

On top of GIA report, they have this Sarine report that documents every details of the diamond from its raw image (before cut) till its current form.

Along with the ASET images.. And where the inclusions are.

This post has been edited by adrianteo: Jul 5 2019, 05:15 PM
kambingkoh
post Jul 5 2019, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Jul 5 2019, 05:14 PM)
Hi would you mind helping me to look at this diamond?
GIA 2201369818

On top of GIA report, they have this Sarine report that documents every details of the diamond from its raw image (before cut) till its current form.

Along with the ASET images.. And where the inclusions are.
Do you have those images?
adrianteo
post Jul 5 2019, 07:32 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 5 2019, 07:18 PM)
Do you have those images?
I wish I could take photo but I wasn't allowed to.

I only got their GIA number. Their sarine certificate was shown to me but I am not allowed to take photos...

They have this comparison chart between GIA and AGR or something which they say is based on Sarine AI grading.

The purpose is to sort of make sure GIA grading is consistent.

Not sure how reliable that report is.

kambingkoh
post Jul 5 2019, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Jul 5 2019, 07:32 PM)
I wish I could take photo but I wasn't allowed to.

I only got their GIA number. Their sarine certificate was shown to me but I am not allowed to take photos...

They have this comparison chart between GIA and AGR or something which they say is based on Sarine AI grading.

The purpose is to sort of make sure GIA grading is consistent.

Not sure how reliable that report is.
First off, I don't really prefer a 35.5 crown pair with a 40.8 pavilion angle. I prefer a 40.6 pavilion angle. I also prefer diamond table that is maxed at 57% because wider table will return more bright light rather than fire. But I have to stress that that is just my personal preference.

Since you are managed to see the diamond yourself and also can see the ASET, then what do you think about it? Just try to compare it with a nice ASET.
adrianteo
post Jul 6 2019, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 5 2019, 10:50 PM)
First off, I don't really prefer a 35.5 crown pair with a 40.8 pavilion angle. I prefer a 40.6 pavilion angle. I also prefer diamond table that is maxed at 57% because wider table will return more bright light rather than fire. But I have to stress that that is just my personal preference.

Since you are managed to see the diamond yourself and also can see the ASET, then what do you think about it? Just try to compare it with a nice ASET.
Hi, I changed my decision and opted for this instead. I went down 1 colour but I got a Flawless clarity.

Please give me your view even though I have already paid the deposit.

GIA 5202158121

This is the report they gave me. Its just a print out. Once the ri g is ready they will give me an official Sarine Report.

Thanks bro!!

user posted image

This post has been edited by adrianteo: Jul 6 2019, 11:33 AM
kambingkoh
post Jul 6 2019, 02:07 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Jul 6 2019, 11:31 AM)
Hi, I changed my decision and opted for this instead. I went down 1 colour but I got a Flawless clarity.

Please give me your view even though I have already paid the deposit.

GIA 5202158121

This is the report they gave me. Its just a print out. Once the ri g is ready they will give me an official Sarine Report.
Thanks bro!!
user posted image
Interesting.mind sharing who is the vendor?

Proportions is nice. But you are going for flawless, the premium should be high. How much are you playing for this?

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jul 6 2019, 02:14 PM
adrianteo
post Jul 6 2019, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 6 2019, 02:07 PM)
Interesting.mind sharing who is the vendor?
Interesting as in good or bad thing? Please tell me if I have to change my mind though I paid the deposit.

It's a Melbourne based jeweller. I can pm you the exact details if you need. Very high reviews from people but I only take reviews with a pinch of salt.

The reason I go is that I can see the owner took time to explain everything and show me all the tools used and the Sarine report. I would have gone to somewhere else if not for this

Just saw your updated post. I got it for aud7.4k but I can still claim gst refund which brings it down to around 6.8k

This post has been edited by adrianteo: Jul 6 2019, 02:26 PM
kambingkoh
post Jul 6 2019, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Jul 6 2019, 02:14 PM)
Interesting as in good or bad thing? Please tell me if I have to change my mind though I paid the deposit.

It's a Melbourne based jeweller. I can pm you the exact details if you need. Very high reviews from people but I only take reviews with a pinch of salt.

The reason I go is that I can see the owner took time to explain everything and show me all the tools used and the Sarine report. I would have gone to somewhere else if not for this

Just saw your updated post. I got it for aud7.4k but I can still claim gst refund which brings it down to around 6.8k
Interesting as in they are providing ASET images because I thought this is a Malaysia based vendor. 6.8k aussie for the stone alone?
adrianteo
post Jul 6 2019, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 6 2019, 03:47 PM)
Interesting as in they are providing ASET images because I thought this is a Malaysia based vendor. 6.8k aussie for the stone alone?
Ahhh nah its Melbourne based. The price is the diamond and the custom platinum setting. Can tell them how you want to design and they draw it up for you.
kambingkoh
post Jul 6 2019, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Jul 6 2019, 04:29 PM)
Ahhh nah its Melbourne based. The price is the diamond and the custom platinum setting. Can tell them how you want to design and they draw it up for you.
The proportions of the diamond is not bad but the overall cut quality is not that good, which is pretty obvious from the hearts and ASET generated.

https://black.briangavindiamonds.com/diamon...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link)

Compare that stone to the Black by Brian Gavin Stone. The difference in cut quality is obvious.

Personally I won't sacrifice on cut for better clarity or colour especially when the difference of the colour and clarity in real life is not obvious. But of course, some may want the meaning behind Flawless, so it is certainly okay to go for one if that is your preference.
adrianteo
post Jul 6 2019, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jul 6 2019, 06:01 PM)
The proportions of the diamond is not bad but the overall cut quality is not that good, which is pretty obvious from the hearts and ASET generated.

https://black.briangavindiamonds.com/diamon...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link)

Compare that stone to the Black by Brian Gavin Stone. The difference in cut quality is obvious.

Personally I won't sacrifice on cut for better clarity or colour especially when the difference of the colour and clarity in real life is not obvious. But of course, some may want the meaning behind Flawless, so it is certainly okay to go for one if that is your preference.
Thanks for your view on this. I already placed the booking so I guess I can only hope the performance won't be that bad.

kambingkoh
post Jul 6 2019, 07:41 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Jul 6 2019, 07:39 PM)
Thanks for your view on this. I already placed the booking so I guess I can only hope the performance won't be that bad.
Based on the overall look and proportions, I am sure it will perform well. Most importantly you found some place that you are satisfy with.

Alternatively, If you want options like that with a store front, do consider Jann Paul at Singapore. In-house diamonds are available for viewing.

Good luck and all the best!
mike86
post Jul 10 2019, 02:24 PM

Enthusiast
895 posts

Hi all sifus here, im new to this thread, and hope to get some of you guys input regarding the 2 stones im currently looking into:

Color : F
Clarity : SI2
Cut : 3EX
Carat: 0.30
RM2200.00

Color : F
Clarity: VS2
Cut : 3EX
Carat : 0.30
RM2800.00

can give me some input whether this 2 stones is ok? my budget is limited, so not much options. thank you guys

228 Pages « < 147 148 149 150 151 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:00 PM