Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

63 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

VR/AR HMD Club - Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PS VR, HoloLens, Magic Leap, Windows MR

views

chtan
post Jan 26 2017, 11:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,283 posts

Hey guys, Arizona SunShine has just updated to support new locomotion. Very very fun game. A must for all VR fans.

Side track a bit. Oculus seems like having a huge problem with multiple sensors with their room scale tracking.
http://uploadvr.com/oculus-sensors-setup/
My guess is multiple sensors sending duplicated data on the same IR dot causes system to miss-calculate the position. The most sensor you put in the more trouble the system facing due to prioritization and data sorting. Position calculated based on wrongly prioritized camera can miss lead the system to think the sensor being move and hence the jitter and sensor move error.
This is not going to be easily fixable especially system with 3 or 4 sensors cause you won't know which camera is going to give the best position information.

This post has been edited by chtan: Jan 26 2017, 02:34 PM
KenSniper
post Mar 14 2017, 04:21 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(Ryutaro @ Jan 17 2017, 12:43 AM)
hey wanna ask did u paid the kastam when u bring back ur rift? bought vive at china and bringing it back on wed was wondering is there a possibility to avoid paying kastam
heya, sorry for the incredibly late reply, i dont come on the site as often as i use to

to answer your question, no i did not pay any tax or w/e for my rift, but i think it might have been it i were to declare it, i wasnt too sure how things works and I only thought i need to declare stuff like food or fruits etc so i just walked on by, my touch controllers got taxed for just RM50 for the GST probably cuz they needed to check it or something.

in other (old) news, Oculus Rift + Touch bundle is now $200 cheaper! i hope we can more buyers which means more players and exposure
Ryutaro
post Mar 14 2017, 05:56 PM

~ Just a noob programmer ~
541 posts

QUOTE(KenSniper @ Mar 14 2017, 04:21 PM)
heya, sorry for the incredibly late reply, i dont come on the site as often as i use to

to answer your question, no i did not pay any tax or w/e for my rift, but i think it might have been it i were to declare it, i wasnt too sure how things works and I only thought i need to declare stuff like food or fruits etc so i just walked on by, my touch controllers got taxed for just RM50 for the GST probably cuz they needed to check it or something.
in other (old) news, Oculus Rift + Touch bundle is now $200 cheaper! i hope we can more buyers which means more players and exposure
indeed its too late LOL anyway for future reference if someone come across this I did not get stopped to pay tax as well
kecebongsoft
post Mar 16 2017, 03:36 PM

8 posts

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my CV1: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4224767&hl=
WingZero
post Mar 17 2017, 11:12 AM

Casual
380 posts

hi, looking for used vive if anyone selling.
skylinelover
post Apr 10 2017, 02:44 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

Haha any idea which IT job in malaysia got required the using VR more often? Helping cuz 2 find one after finish uni. laugh.gif hmm.gif
svfn
post Jul 21 2017, 03:24 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(MK84 @ Dec 28 2016, 06:53 PM)
Shipped it to my forwarding address is US. Got it from Amazon. Standard 10% duty + 6% GST.

user posted image

Hands in VR.
hi, what forwarder do you use? can recommend a reliable forwarder? thanks.
MK84
post Jul 21 2017, 05:52 PM

Walking Plague
1,477 posts

QUOTE(svfn @ Jul 21 2017, 03:24 PM)
hi, what forwarder do you use? can recommend a reliable forwarder? thanks.
I use MyUS, but they're only worth it if you ship often.
rpg
post Sep 5 2017, 12:24 PM

Casual
317 posts

Looking for a headset for watching movies only, which can recommend? I tried some cheapo box before with my 1080p phone, doesnt like the screen door pixel effect.
Mr.PeeNutt
post Sep 6 2017, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

why this HMD Club is so senyap already.. i just bought the Oculus Rift Touch Bundle $399 with additional sensor for roomscale.. truly best experience ever notworthy.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Mr.PeeNutt: Sep 6 2017, 07:21 PM
FluffyTee
post Sep 8 2017, 02:13 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(rpg @ Sep 5 2017, 12:24 PM)
Looking for a headset for watching movies only, which can recommend? I tried some cheapo box before with my 1080p phone, doesnt like the screen door pixel effect.
I think the most stable option is still gear vr (or google day dream). The cardboard options just isnt as good without a proper hmd taking some of the load off the phone.

FluffyTee
post Sep 8 2017, 02:15 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PeeNutt @ Sep 6 2017, 05:10 PM)
why this HMD Club is so senyap already.. i just bought the Oculus Rift Touch Bundle $399 with additional sensor for roomscale.. truly best experience ever  notworthy.gif

Attached Image
Duno... Bcoz of these items are not sold in malaysia.. Not many ppl use it.
How much was the rift with the third sensor in total?
Mr.PeeNutt
post Sep 8 2017, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Sep 8 2017, 02:15 PM)
Duno... Bcoz of these items are not sold in malaysia.. Not many ppl use it.
How much was the rift with the third sensor in total?
total around RM2400+..
bought from Amazon but using 3rd party Uskoop.com.my got more discount but shipping to arrive almost a month la.
They include free extension USB cable 15ft for the 3rd sensor

ohh just found out the price on Oculus Rift increase already to $499..no more $399

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Mr.PeeNutt: Sep 8 2017, 03:36 PM
FluffyTee
post Sep 8 2017, 04:33 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PeeNutt @ Sep 8 2017, 03:31 PM)
total around RM2400+..
bought from Amazon but using 3rd party Uskoop.com.my got more discount but shipping to arrive almost a month la.
They include free extension USB cable 15ft for the 3rd sensor

ohh just found out the price on Oculus Rift increase already to $499..no more $399

Attached Image
Im actually using the vive. Read bout hassle of multiple usb 3 ports and smaller play space of rift. So decided to go wif vive that time.. Also rift wasnt that cheap yet.

Perhaps we can meet up in one of the metaverse later.
TS881118
post Sep 9 2017, 10:28 PM

Enthusiast
912 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PeeNutt @ Sep 6 2017, 05:10 PM)
why this HMD Club is so senyap already.. i just bought the Oculus Rift Touch Bundle $399 with additional sensor for roomscale.. truly best experience ever  notworthy.gif

Attached Image
becoz not many people rich like you can afford it
Mr.PeeNutt
post Sep 10 2017, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Sep 8 2017, 04:33 PM)
Im actually using the vive. Read bout hassle of multiple usb 3 ports and smaller play space of rift. So decided to go wif vive that time.. Also rift wasnt that cheap yet.

Perhaps we can meet up in one of the metaverse later.
i don't have any problem setting up the 3rd sensor by using only usb 2.0 port..the 3 other cable are using usb 3..might be new update have been fix it
Vive lighthouse much better on large roomscale area but my play area is only 2m x 3m so rift is good enough

since u are using vive we cant meet up on facebook space officially right??
and if i using app Rec Room download from Oculus store can it work? or i have to install Rec Room steam version

QUOTE(881118 @ Sep 9 2017, 10:28 PM)
becoz not many people rich like you can afford it
pffttt.. sweat.gif far from rich la
i'm just 2D/3D artist guy who amazed with AR/VR.
beside games i might use this oculus as a medium to view my 3D model or create some visual..still practicing Tilt Brush and Quill
those early adopters VR baru betul-betul rich..i cant afford at that time..so now after slash half-price then consider affordable la..
that new samsung galaxy note 8 lagi mahal what biggrin.gif

FluffyTee
post Sep 10 2017, 11:24 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PeeNutt @ Sep 10 2017, 10:48 PM)
i don't have any problem setting up the 3rd sensor by using only usb 2.0 port..the 3 other cable are using usb 3..might be new update have been fix it
Vive lighthouse much better on large roomscale area but my play area is only 2m x 3m so rift is good enough

since u are using vive we cant meet up on facebook space officially right??
and if i using app Rec Room download from Oculus store can it work? or i have to install Rec Room steam version

actually some off the oculus apps are cross platform like recroom. if not u can always use steam. just add me in rec room.

but oculus has the advantage of also using steam vr if u prefer. i do hear some limitation as steam is afterall bias to vive but its not significant.
vive official app store is literally crap.

I'd recommend we purchasing games on steam as prices there may be cheaper than the oculus app. also with microsoft hmds using steamvr.. there will be a greater pool of players in steamvr
Mr.PeeNutt
post Sep 16 2017, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Sep 10 2017, 11:24 PM)
actually some off the oculus apps are cross platform like recroom. if not u can always use steam. just add me in rec room.

but oculus has the advantage of also using steam vr if u prefer. i do hear some limitation as steam is afterall bias to vive but its not significant.
vive official app store is literally crap.

I'd recommend we purchasing games on steam as prices there may be cheaper than the oculus app. also with microsoft hmds using steamvr.. there will be a greater pool of players in steamvr
your rec room username is FluffyTee also? i've just try once only playing paintball..my username is PeeNutt btw

yup the oculus store is too expensive to us and is in US dollar. only play free games on it. err.. some games i TEST it first the skidrow version before i bought on Steam biggrin.gif

ohh btw i just finished create my new avatar dedicated for my new interest blush.gif

Attached Image

FluffyTee
post Sep 19 2017, 08:06 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PeeNutt @ Sep 16 2017, 02:09 PM)
your rec room username is FluffyTee also? i've just try once only playing paintball..my username is PeeNutt btw

yup the oculus store is too expensive to us and is in US dollar. only play free games on it. err.. some games i TEST it first the skidrow version before i bought on Steam  biggrin.gif

ohh btw i just finished create my new avatar dedicated for my new interest  blush.gif

Attached Image
Where did u get that avatar?

U should try explore rec room more when u get a chance. Steam statistic shows rec room has the highest population of player, followed by arizona sunshine.

I do have problem finding reliable team mates on rec room sometimes.. Probably coz im a lil shy there.. But most of the senior players there are really friendly.

I normally TEST vr games too.. Will share with u my sources if u want.
Mr.PeeNutt
post Sep 20 2017, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Sep 19 2017, 08:06 PM)
Where did u get that avatar?

U should try explore rec room more when u get a chance. Steam statistic shows rec room has the highest population of player, followed by arizona sunshine.

I do have problem finding reliable team mates on rec room sometimes.. Probably coz im a lil shy there.. But most of the senior players there are really friendly.

I normally TEST vr games too.. Will share with u my sources if u want.
Err.. Huhu I drew it myself😅. Inspired by Cuphead game. Here is the original sketch:
Attached Image

I'm a 2D/3D artist. Can check some my portfolio here:
munadzam.foliohd.com

I hav 2 small kids so dun hav much time to play social game like Recroom. Currently using more on creative apps like Tiltbrush and Oculus Medium.

This post has been edited by Mr.PeeNutt: Sep 20 2017, 01:16 PM

63 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:22 PM