Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v4, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM148

views

kiawin
post Apr 1 2013, 01:03 PM

NOOBIE
674 posts

I noticed several patterns.

1. Famous trackers throttled, even before/after 8am-12pm.
2. After you downloaded a lot (perhaps after 100gb), everything (famous) is throttled. Believe it or not, they throttled my PPS (somehow).

So.. the one million dollar question, what is not-so-famous trackers? PM me
? biggrin.gif
majorarmstrong
post Apr 1 2013, 04:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

damn shit man... i am opening a case with them about my torrent, baidu player, Qvod, PPS... i am depending on this for all my movies... now i cant even stream.. no life after switching to MAX-SHIT!!
IntensiveBytes
post Apr 1 2013, 04:32 PM

On my way
510 posts

This is blatant of them to throttle speeds for certain things even without exceeding the 100GB quota limit.

For all you torrenters, try using private/public trackers.
majorarmstrong
post Apr 1 2013, 07:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

ok done talking with their L2 and they said that yes we capped between 8PM to 2AM for P2P, Games, torrenting and few more that i dont know... so whats the capped speed? We capped at 500kbps... oh 500kbps but i am only getting 50kbps every night.. how can you explain this?
Oh sir.. why not send me a screenshot... ok sent. oh Sir you getting 50kBps which is correct... when i say we capped at 500kbps.. is a small letter b which is bit and not bytes....

so yes MAXSHIT capped us to 50kBps between 8PM to 2AM... so live with it man... cant do much! and when they say 500kbps.. is a small letter b stand for bit and not bytes.. got a really good technical lesson from the L2... for those of you who thinking 1mBps download speed then do it before 8PM or after 2AM la... so basically this MAXsHIT is useless and please dont sign up.. i am going to pay RM500 to cut it off!
onthefly
post Apr 1 2013, 11:16 PM

Regular
1,258 posts

anybody using tv box ? i own a diyomate. super buffering.
amil123
post Apr 2 2013, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

anyone encounter slow youtube streaming?
usually when i stream 1080p at youtube there is no buffering
now i have to wait a bit before i start watching...

tested with mozila and chrome browser without any addon
lalachong
post Apr 2 2013, 01:51 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(majorarmstrong @ Apr 1 2013, 07:15 PM)
ok done talking with their L2 and they said that yes we capped between 8PM to 2AM for P2P, Games, torrenting and few more that i dont know... so whats the capped speed? We capped at 500kbps... oh 500kbps but i am only getting 50kbps every night.. how can you explain this?
Oh sir.. why not send me a screenshot... ok sent. oh Sir you getting 50kBps which is correct... when i say we capped at 500kbps.. is a small letter b which is bit and not bytes....

so yes MAXSHIT capped us to 50kBps between 8PM to 2AM... so live with it man... cant do much! and when they say 500kbps.. is a small letter b stand for bit and not bytes.. got a really good technical lesson from the L2... for those of you who thinking 1mBps download speed then do it before 8PM or after 2AM la... so basically this MAXsHIT is useless and please dont sign up.. i am going to pay RM500 to cut it off!
wth.. .games also throttled???? they already have bad pings for games... and now they throttle it???
maxshit! since you just hop on, u cut is ok... i already so long... not worth it...

after this contract ends, i will no longer use maxis services... mobile/ astro/ internet... cut off this company for good...
majorarmstrong
post Apr 2 2013, 03:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

QUOTE(lalachong @ Apr 2 2013, 01:51 PM)
wth.. .games also throttled???? they already have bad pings for games... and now they throttle it???
maxshit! since you just hop on, u cut is ok... i already so long... not worth it...

after this contract ends, i will no longer use maxis services... mobile/ astro/ internet... cut off this company for good...
tell me about it... i going to MAXIS CENTER this Sunday to cut it and they already give me some stupid number that i need to read it out.. and MAXIS CENTER gonna be full of people this Sunday
amen
post Apr 2 2013, 05:36 PM

33 posts

Anyone in PJ area experience service outage (2-Apr)?

I woke up this morning 8am and found out internet is down. After 3rd call to maxis only found out the entire PJ is affected (true?!).

Until now (5:53pm), my service is not up yet, contacted maxis, they can't provide a tentative restoration time!

IntensiveBytes
post Apr 2 2013, 05:47 PM

On my way
510 posts

Wow, this is really bad of Maxis to do this. I'll live with it first then after the contract if the service gets bad or worse for me, I'll switch to TIME! 100Mbps bro!
majorarmstrong
post Apr 2 2013, 05:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

TIME no coverage in my area yet.. if got i sure switch la...
philipcs
post Apr 2 2013, 09:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,581 posts

QUOTE(majorarmstrong @ Apr 1 2013, 07:15 PM)

I am downloading HK TVB Drama now and the seed from hdzone, i can go up to 1.15MB
Why not you try XunLei P2P Client?

user posted image
majorarmstrong
post Apr 2 2013, 11:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,239 posts

QUOTE(philipcs @ Apr 2 2013, 09:23 PM)
I am downloading HK TVB Drama now and the seed from hdzone, i can go up to 1.15MB
Why not you try XunLei P2P Client?

user posted image
i notice that today they din capped... i also manage to download my torrent @ 1MBPS today
any how their capping rules is crazy sometimes capped and sometimes din capped.
pisanq
post Apr 2 2013, 11:56 PM

On my way
612 posts

As for 11:54PM, 2nd April 2013 P2P throttling on torrent didn't work. I can download at fullspeed within minutes only for torrent from TPBuser posted image
Compelica
post Apr 3 2013, 03:49 AM

dozing off. zzz.
1,463 posts

Just got my Maxis Fibre today... and the same night I get the LOS blinking signal issue. What a good way to start off my two year tenure...
azizul1975
post Apr 3 2013, 11:13 AM

Regular
1,075 posts

not sure about the capping thing, but everyday at anytime between 8pm-2am my 2 daughters watch youtube on separate devices, me playing Guild Wars 2, and my wife surf the internet... all with no problem at all.

i'm on Maxis Home 10Mbps, one of those early birds that get the rm118/month contract.

EDIT :

by the way, i'm in shah alam.... yeah i heard maxis home service in pj/damansara area is pretty bad.... may be it is the connection issue with TM...

This post has been edited by azizul1975: Apr 3 2013, 11:18 AM
neo1point3
post Apr 4 2013, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

Looks like mine no throttle too, p2p, gaming, youtube at full speed. So far I satisfied with the service given. Location at seri kembangan. Eventhough gaming ping/latency is a bit higher than unifi. But hey, rm118 per month is a good deal for me smile.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by neo1point3: Apr 4 2013, 12:10 AM
onthefly
post Apr 4 2013, 10:39 AM

Regular
1,258 posts

is dota2 ping still routing to Japan ?

This post has been edited by onthefly: Apr 4 2013, 10:42 AM
Atsutane-Shirane
post Apr 4 2013, 10:56 AM

Regular
1,458 posts

It seem everyone getting good torrent speed... I hope someone not "Butt-hurt" because of that...

On a serious note... Anyone know if existing Astro subscriber can change into IPTV subscriber..?
krel89
post Apr 4 2013, 12:36 PM

Casual
408 posts

QUOTE(Atsutane-Shirane @ Apr 4 2013, 10:56 AM)
It seem everyone getting good torrent speed... I hope someone not "Butt-hurt" because of that...

On a serious note... Anyone know if existing Astro subscriber can change into IPTV subscriber..?
not yet, but 2-3 days ago
i try checked astro website and to my surprise, they changed the interface for IPTV
and for the location availability, i try search my address and it said i can subscribe it and it is powered by maxis so i sign up and called astro to tell them is it true that now i can sign up.. but to my disappointed they said it is under trial now, but if my address is available, surely maxis called me SOON.. now i try search it again, my address is not available anymore.. sweat.gif

126 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0327sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:50 AM