Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Turtles, Terrapins and Tortoises V6, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

views

eehtsitna
post Mar 1 2017, 08:44 AM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(uzairi @ Feb 28 2017, 07:56 PM)
Do you have a picture of it ? I guess it might be a Red Eared Slider or Malayan Box Turtle  hmm.gif
Been looking for it since I return from work yesterday but have yet to find it. Not sure where is it hiding in the garden. I highly doubt it has actually escape from my house compound. tongue.gif
eehtsitna
post Mar 2 2017, 08:22 AM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(uzairi @ Feb 28 2017, 07:56 PM)
Do you have a picture of it ? I guess it might be a Red Eared Slider or Malayan Box Turtle  hmm.gif
Finally got a picture of it but I'm having trouble trying to post it over here. Anyway, I have managed to identify it as a turtle from the Cuoragenus. I think it is most likely the Southeast Asian Box Turtle (Cuora amboinensis kamaroma)
Soulaz
post Mar 8 2017, 11:03 AM

0 posts

Hye all i m kinda new here.. just want to share my 20 galon tank
3 red ear slider and 1 black musk turtle
Just started this new hobbies last year

Hope that I 'll get all the advise from all otai2 here hehe

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
ckk125
post Mar 13 2017, 01:10 PM

On my way
640 posts

Hi.. anyone here had any experience of mixing 2 pnts together? I have one now, in my tank and plan to get one more. Will they fight?

This post has been edited by ckk125: Mar 13 2017, 01:11 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Relentless
post Mar 27 2017, 01:34 PM

44 posts

Hi guys.
My father found 4 inch asian box turtle in drainage filled with disposed engine oil.
I ve risen and brush away the oil using detergent and decided to change water daily.though the oil smell lingers and i could nt do anything about its neck and tail part
Anything else i missed and should do?

This post has been edited by Relentless: Mar 27 2017, 01:36 PM
ChannelChan
post Mar 31 2017, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

Dear all , my turtle dont eat fruits , vege . he only take turtle pellets , why har ?
ghostcommand
post Mar 31 2017, 10:21 PM

On my way
660 posts

Recently, I found a Red-Eared slider turtle in my garden. I live in Kota Damansara, PJ - this place used to be part of the Sungai Buloh reserve and recently my neighbour found a cobra in his house also.

Thing is, I don't know what to do with the turtle at the moment. I suspect it is someone else's pet but no one has come to claim it. I'm not in a position to look after it long-term and would be happy if someone could find this turtle a new home... It is medium sized, about 20cm long/15cm wide.

Currently, the turtle is in a big basin and I feed it some vegetables like lettuce and bought some turtle pellets for it. Any help on finding this turtle a new home would be appreciated smile.gif

TSuzairi
post Apr 19 2017, 11:29 PM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

QUOTE(Soulaz @ Mar 8 2017, 11:03 AM)

Welcome! rclxms.gif

QUOTE(ckk125 @ Mar 13 2017, 01:10 PM)
Hi.. anyone here had any experience of mixing 2 pnts together? I have one now, in my tank and plan to get one more. Will they fight?
I would suggest to not mix them as they would fight and bite each other

QUOTE(Relentless @ Mar 27 2017, 01:34 PM)
Hi guys.
My father found 4 inch asian box turtle in drainage filled with disposed engine oil.
I ve risen and brush away the oil using detergent and decided to change water daily.though the oil smell lingers and i could nt do anything about its neck and tail part
Anything else i missed and should do?
Thanks for taking care of it, i guess u already did best for it thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(ChannelChan @ Mar 31 2017, 02:37 PM)
Dear all , my turtle dont eat fruits , vege . he only take turtle pellets , why har ?
Because it have been fed with those foods since young ?

QUOTE(ghostcommand @ Mar 31 2017, 10:21 PM)
Recently, I found a Red-Eared slider turtle in my garden. I live in Kota Damansara, PJ - this place used to be part of the Sungai Buloh reserve and recently my neighbour found a cobra in his house also.

Thing is, I don't know what to do with the turtle at the moment. I suspect it is someone else's pet but no one has come to claim it. I'm not in a position to look after it long-term and would be happy if someone could find this turtle a new home... It is medium sized, about 20cm long/15cm wide.

Currently, the turtle is in a big basin and I feed it some vegetables like lettuce and bought some turtle pellets for it. Any help on finding this turtle a new home would be appreciated smile.gif
You put it up for adoption here --> https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3185307

ChannelChan
post Apr 20 2017, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(uzairi @ Apr 19 2017, 11:29 PM)
Welcome!  rclxms.gif
I would suggest to not mix them as they would fight and bite each other
Thanks for taking care of it, i guess u already did best for it  thumbsup.gif
Because it have been fed with those foods since young ?
You put it up for adoption here --> https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3185307
ya feed them with turtle pellets since young , and not every brand they take . so picky..
ghostcommand
post Apr 22 2017, 06:54 PM

On my way
660 posts

Did you guys know that RES is considered an invasive species and therefore banned in most countries? In Malaysia it is also on the prohibited animals list, so no one can buy/sell this species.

Managed to find a good home for the RES I found, so I'm satisfied.
TSuzairi
post Apr 23 2017, 07:59 PM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

QUOTE(ChannelChan @ Apr 20 2017, 10:49 AM)
ya feed them with turtle pellets since young , and not every brand they take . so picky..
That explains it then lol sweat.gif

QUOTE(ghostcommand @ Apr 22 2017, 06:54 PM)
Did you guys know that RES is considered an invasive species and therefore banned in most countries? In Malaysia it is also on the prohibited animals list, so no one can buy/sell this species.

Managed to find a good home for the RES I found, so I'm satisfied.
All foreign species are considered evasive sweat.gif
llmaelynn
post Jun 22 2017, 10:11 PM

1 posts

I got a few tortise to give away. Anybody want?

PM ya

post Jul 2 2017, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(llmaelynn @ Jun 22 2017, 10:11 PM)
I got a few tortise to give away. Anybody want?

PM ya
What kind? Red eared sliders?
post Jul 2 2017, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(Soulaz @ Mar 8 2017, 11:03 AM)

That's a really nice tank but they'll outgrow it in a few months.
geber
post Jul 3 2017, 12:23 AM

15 posts

Guys, anyone feeding nutrafin pallets to their RES?
I'm having problem finding petshop that sells it with consistent price. PLC price changes from RM21 to RM28 over a few months
NiniWahab
post Jul 6 2017, 07:00 PM

0 posts

Hello.
New tortoise mom here. I have 2 cherry head redfoot baby tortoises. You may have been asked this questions so many times. I have also gone through some threads about this. There are so many foreign greens and vegetables that can only be bought in the supermarket. There are some that are well known and I can readily get from my garden like hibiscus leaves and flowers, grape leaves, mulberry leaves, rose flowers. I am also happy to know that sawi and bunga kertas, mint, cilantro, aloe vera can be given as food, as well as papayas.

I love gardening and i have some plants and weeds that I need to run through with you guys to see whether it is safe and that if I can use it as staple or just on the 'occasional' list.
1. Pegaga - Centella asiatica, pennywort. I have a variety of it including the Hydrocotyle leucocephala (used for planted tanks)
2. Daun kesum - Persicaria odorata
3. Daun cekur - Kaempferia galanga
4. Daun sup - Apium graveolens
5. Fig leaves, fruits
6. Pucuk ubi kayu - cassava shoots

Weeds:
1. Maman pasir - Cleyome gynandra
2. Sireh cina - Peperomia pellucida

I tried to find some in the Tortoise Table Database but I could not get any. same as in Tortoise Forum. There is a thread on Indian plants for Indian Star Tortoises. That was very helpful too.

The reason I like using my own plants is of course because it's free and readily available so I can pick them fresh. It is also pesticide free.

My redfoots are still babies and have not fully recovered from the stress of a new home so I am sticking to the ones I know that is safe including store bought ones.

So I'd appreciate the help.
1. on the list above
2. other suggestion for easily available edible plants for tortoises
3. since redfoots are omnivores, what animal protein would you give to the babies?

Thank you so much.

PS: I supplement their diet with Repashy supervege powder with calcium carbonate, mazuri pellets (which they aren't interested at all). Daily sunlight in 80% shady area in the garden for an hour or two, then back to the patio where it is bright but no direct sunlight. Temperature 29C min 35C max average 32C with 80% humidity and above. Substrate coco husk and some spots of damp sphagnum moss. Of course readily available, easily accessible water bowl and some pots for them to sleep in. No UVB or basking light as they would not come out at all with the lights on and I personally think it is not necessary for rainforest tortoises with parameters as above.

Sorry for the long post lol. Would really love some input. Thank you guys. Have a nice day.
Nini

Soulaz
post Jul 24 2017, 02:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(6996 @ Jul 2 2017, 11:48 PM)
That's a really nice tank but they'll outgrow it in a few months.
ehmm.. now there about size 3inch.. n currently i had kept them for a year already
Relentless
post Nov 6 2017, 07:17 PM

44 posts

hi.anyone here keep mata2 turtle?
any tips in its husbandry?
ron c
post Nov 29 2017, 10:26 AM

45 posts

Wow, this thread has dropped so much down the ranks.
No one interested in keeping turtles and tortoises anymore? biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Relentless @ Nov 6 2017, 07:17 PM)
hi.anyone here keep mata2 turtle?
any tips in its husbandry?
I am about to purchase one. They have shown up at local fish/pet stores recently.
Did some research on them.
They do grow fairly large (around 20inches carapace) but takes a long time to attain their maximum size as they have a long life span if cared for properly. However they do not require a large space as they are mostly sedentary.
They are fully carnivorous and feeds on a staple of mostly live fishes.
They are quite sensitive to water conditions and it is important that their water is kept clean at all times.
Since they are mostly sedentary, this is a rather boring pet to keep but pleasing to the eye due to their unique and prehistoric look.
Relentless
post Nov 29 2017, 09:59 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(ron c @ Nov 29 2017, 10:26 AM)
Wow, this thread has dropped so much down the ranks.
No one interested in keeping turtles and tortoises anymore?  biggrin.gif 

I am about to purchase one. They have shown up at local fish/pet stores recently.
Did some research on them.
They do grow fairly large (around 20inches carapace) but takes a long time to attain their maximum size as they have a long life span if cared for properly. However they do not require a large space as they are mostly sedentary.
They are fully carnivorous and feeds on a staple of mostly live fishes.
They are quite sensitive to water conditions and it is important that their water is kept clean at all times.
Since they are mostly sedentary, this is a rather boring pet to keep but pleasing to the eye due to their unique and prehistoric look.
cool.
I got mine red mata2 turtle a couple of week ago
I kept it in 2 feet plastic tray,over aged catappa leave soaked water
What about yourself?amazon or colombia variant?

57 Pages « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:32 PM