Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to apply for SIRIM?, Update: Procedure to apply inside

PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 21 2012, 10:37 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
114 posts

Hello,

I just ordered a Nexus 4 from the US and now FedEx is telling me I need this SIRIM approval thing. I have always imported gadgets from US before (ordered Nexus 7 using DHL and no need to get approval) and wanted to know how to apply for this SIRIM permit? Also, will there be some kind of tax I need to pay, or will the permit cost a certain amount?

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: This is the procedure to apply for the permit

Just wanted to update everyone who might be interested, I went and applied for SIRIM special approval and the process was dead simple and cheap. The process went like this:

1) Downloaded, printed and filled form for E-Permit application and Special approval (see attachment) Thanks to user bv2427 for the documents biggrin.gif
1a) If you don't know the Tariff code for your product, just search over here.
2) Print specification for hand phone being imported, in my case it was the Nexus 4 technical specs (use the Nexus 4 page on Google to print out the technical specs for the phone)
3) Get a copy of your IC or Passport
4) Print shipment and customs invoice (Ask your courier for the shipping invoice or pro-forma invoice)
5) Go to SIRIM HQ, Block 25
6) Hand all the documents in and pay the RM100 for the approval
7) You should receive the permit in about 3-5 hours
8) Send it to your courier and wait for them to process it and release your package from customs

Honestly, was worth more to learn the procedure to do this than pay RM300 to FedEx broker to do it for me. I saved RM200 by doing it myself which honestly didn't require much hassle at all. The SIRIM people are not helpful on the phone but if you go there in person, quite helpful and pleasant to deal with.

My advice is to always go in person and do it rather than call/email. Always easier. Just remember to have all the documents prepared to make it less hassle and time consuming.

Thanks everyone for the advice and hope this helps other people out!

This post has been edited by PeacefulDiscord: May 9 2014, 03:21 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  epermit.zip ( 694.29k ) Number of downloads: 6798
babybaby1988
post Dec 21 2012, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
241 posts

nexus 7 is tablet and nexus 4 a phone? Just guessing. Keen to know as well
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 21 2012, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(babybaby1988 @ Dec 21 2012, 10:46 AM)
nexus 7 is tablet and nexus 4 a phone?  Just guessing. Keen to know as well
Yes you are right. Is there a difference for SIRIM?
destee88
post Dec 21 2012, 12:11 PM

Regular
1,367 posts

just call there toll free below and ask for guidance

http://www.sirim.my/contact-us
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 21 2012, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Dec 21 2012, 12:11 PM)
just call there toll free below and ask for guidance

http://www.sirim.my/contact-us
Do you know how much is the cost? FedEx broker is asking for RM300 so I want to know how much it is if I just do it myself.

This post has been edited by PeacefulDiscord: Dec 21 2012, 01:04 PM
moniqee
post Dec 21 2012, 04:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,524 posts

its dirt cheap the RM300 since the sirim letter would cost you RM250 alone...
you can find more info about SIRIM at the thread below
" http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/433543 "

personally i would let the FEDEX broker do it for RM300 rather than doing it yourself since the SIRIM LETTER would cost you RM250 ( if there's no increment and not to mention toll,petrol and time )

some things juz can't save much...

This post has been edited by moniqee: Dec 21 2012, 05:21 PM
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 21 2012, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(moniqee @ Dec 21 2012, 04:56 PM)
its dirt cheap the RM300 since the sirim letter would cost you RM250 alone...
you can find more info about SIRIM at the thread below
" http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/433543 "

personally i would let the FEDEX broker do it for RM300 rather than doing it yourself since the SIRIM LETTER would cost you RM250 ( if there's no increment and not to mention toll,petrol and time )

some things juz can't save much...
Thing is, I already contacted SIRIM and sent them the documents they requested. However, they haven't gotten back to me with the fees yet. Plus, FedEx inform me that the approval might cost between RM100-300 so hopefully can be cheap. The SIRIM people aren't much help as everytime I call any number for them, no one pick up. I want to know how long my application will take but no one respond sad.gif
moniqee
post Dec 21 2012, 09:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,524 posts

hmph... well i dunno about that... but from the thread.. most of them go in person and get the SIRIM letter in person also... maybe you should've done the SIRIM in person? but if you haven't paid anything to the SIRIM department... maybe you can go via FedEx
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 22 2012, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(moniqee @ Dec 21 2012, 09:11 PM)
hmph... well i dunno about that... but from the thread.. most of them go in person and get the SIRIM letter in person also... maybe you should've done the SIRIM in person? but if you haven't paid anything to the SIRIM department... maybe you can go via FedEx
I might do that on Monday, sucks that they aren't open on Saturdays. And Tuesday is Christmas so another public holiday sad.gif

So much of bad luck. And I wanted my package before Christmas. I never faced this problem with DHL. Don't think I will recommend or use FedEx anymore. DHL mess up sometime but not this bad.

Any one else have any advice on what I can do?
destee88
post Dec 22 2012, 12:21 PM

Regular
1,367 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Dec 22 2012, 10:57 AM)
I might do that on Monday, sucks that they aren't open on Saturdays. And Tuesday is Christmas so another public holiday sad.gif

So much of bad luck. And I wanted my package before Christmas. I never faced this problem with DHL. Don't think I will recommend or use FedEx anymore. DHL mess up sometime but not this bad.

Any one else have any advice on what I can do?
nothing u can do but just wait for sirim aprroval and the fedX guy will help u clear ur item from custom once AP permit has been given to FedX
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 22 2012, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Dec 22 2012, 12:21 PM)
nothing u can do but just wait for sirim aprroval and the fedX guy will help u clear ur item from custom once AP permit has been given to FedX
Do you know how long it takes for SIRIM to approve the AP? I emailed them on Friday but they haven't gotten back to me about the fees. Does the approval come after the fees have been paid or before?
destee88
post Dec 22 2012, 05:37 PM

Regular
1,367 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Dec 22 2012, 05:00 PM)
Do you know how long it takes for SIRIM to approve the AP? I emailed them on Friday but they haven't gotten back to me about the fees. Does the approval come after the fees have been paid or before?
u can call FEDX for update the status... pls paid only when they send back to u and at the same time check ur parcel before paid them face to face

Added on December 22, 2012, 5:38 pm
QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Dec 22 2012, 05:00 PM)
pls call them , if email to them takes long time for reply

This post has been edited by destee88: Dec 22 2012, 05:38 PM
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 22 2012, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Dec 22 2012, 05:37 PM)
u can call FEDX for update the status... pls paid only when they send back to u and at the same time check ur parcel before paid them face to face

Added on December 22, 2012, 5:38 pm
pls call them , if email to them takes long time for reply
I think you misunderstood me and maybe I should have been clearer. I emailed SIRIM with all the documents they asked me to email on Friday but they haven't gotten back to me about the fees for the AP. I am assuming the fees will only be told to me AFTER they have approved no? FedEx told me that the package is being held by customs until I send them the SIRIM certificate. So my question is, how long does SIRIM usually take to approve the AP and should I just go to SIRIM office on Monday and speak to them face-to-face rather than email/call?
moniqee
post Dec 22 2012, 05:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,524 posts

i think it's better for you to go to SiRIM office with the entire document and if they didnt process your earlier documents... well you can redo it in person...
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 25 2012, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

See the original post for details of how to apply for SIRIM permit.

This post has been edited by PeacefulDiscord: May 9 2014, 03:20 PM
bolok
post Dec 25 2012, 06:05 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Dec 25 2012, 12:24 PM)
Just wanted to update everyone who might be interested, I went and applied for SIRIM special approval and the process was dead simple and cheap. The process went like this:

1) Downloaded, printed and filled form for E-Permit application (available here)
2) Downloaded, printed and filled form for Special Approval (available here)
3) Printed specification for hand phone being imported, in my case it was the Nexus 4 technical specs
4) Printed my shipment and customs invoice which I received from FedEx
5) Went to SIRIM HQ, Block 25 around 11:30am
6) Handed all the documents in and paid RM100 for the approval
7) Received permit in less than 3 hours
8) Sent to FedEx immediately and am now waiting for my package to be released from customs tomorrow

Honestly, was worth more to learn the procedure to do this than pay RM300 to FedEx broker to do it for me. I saved RM200 by doing it myself which honestly didn't require much hassle at all. The SIRIM people are not helpful on the phone but if you go there in person, quite helpful and pleasant to deal with.

My advice is to always go in person and do it rather than call/email. Always easier. Just remember to have all the documents prepared to make it less hassle and time consuming.

Bro , your information really help on me . i also got an headset at customs and need to get AP . tomorrow i will go apply it myself .thanks for your information .
really help.

Added on December 25, 2012, 6:09 pmAnyone can help on the Tariff Code ? my Item is headphone

This post has been edited by bolok: Dec 25 2012, 06:09 PM
PeacefulDiscord
post Dec 25 2012, 10:43 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(bolok @ Dec 25 2012, 06:05 PM)
Bro , your information really help on me . i also got an headset at customs and need to get AP . tomorrow i will go apply it myself .thanks for your information .
really help.

Added on December 25, 2012, 6:09 pmAnyone can help on the Tariff Code ? my Item is headphone
Thanks. I am glad it helped. The tariff code should be visible on your shipping invoice if declared properly by the seller. If not, you can find it on this website: http://tariff.customs.gov.my/
bolok
post Dec 26 2012, 09:41 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Dec 25 2012, 10:43 PM)
Thanks. I am glad it helped. The tariff code should be visible on your shipping invoice if declared properly by the seller. If not, you can find it on this website: http://tariff.customs.gov.my/
Really easy and fast process at sirim . Just spend me half an hours to do it . But they say will email me the permit when it done . So no need wait there . And they promises today can collect it . Look like sirim provided good service too.
areankim
post Dec 26 2012, 11:28 AM

"Live Life Cool"
3,669 posts

wonder if the process is the same for helmets
boonboon
post Jan 5 2013, 01:00 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Dec 25 2012, 12:24 PM)

1) Downloaded, printed and filled form for E-Permit application (available here)
2) Downloaded, printed and filled form for Special Approval (available here)
3) Printed specification for hand phone being imported, in my case it was the Nexus 4 technical specs
4) Printed my shipment and customs invoice which I received from FedEx
5) Went to SIRIM HQ, Block 25 around 11:30am
6) Handed all the documents in and paid RM100 for the approval
7) Received permit in less than 3 hours
8) Sent to FedEx immediately and am now waiting for my package to be released from customs tomorrow

The link is not working, is it need to be a company to register for the account?
maxlu78
post Jan 8 2013, 06:37 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Dec 21 2012, 10:37 AM)
Hello,

I just ordered a Nexus 4 from the US and now FedEx is telling me I need this SIRIM approval thing. I have always imported gadgets from US before (ordered Nexus 7 using DHL and no need to get approval) and wanted to know how to apply for this SIRIM permit? Also, will there be some kind of tax I need to pay, or will the permit cost a certain amount?

Hi,
just wonder are you paying tax fees to kastam malaysia to collect your Nexus 4 ? Actually i plan to get Note 2 LTE from Singapore.

Thanks.
PeacefulDiscord
post Jan 9 2013, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(boonboon @ Jan 5 2013, 01:00 PM)
The link is not working, is it need to be a company to register for the account?
They seem to have changed the layout of the website. I think they moved to an online system. Find more information here http://www.sirim-qas.com.my/index.php/en/o...on-a-multimedia

I am at work now and don't have a lot of time to give you an exact link but if you can't find anything, let me know. I will see if I still have the forms.

QUOTE(maxlu78 @ Jan 8 2013, 06:37 PM)
Hi,
just wonder are you paying tax fees to kastam malaysia to collect your Nexus 4 ? Actually i plan to get Note 2 LTE from Singapore.

Thanks.
Nope, I didn't pay tax to kastam. SIRIM certification is not related to tax. Also, remember, smartphones are not taxed by customs. Don't pay tax for the phone unless customs give you a notice.
maxlu78
post Jan 9 2013, 06:42 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Jan 9 2013, 02:21 PM)
They seem to have changed the layout of the website. I think they moved to an online system. Find more information here http://www.sirim-qas.com.my/index.php/en/o...on-a-multimedia

I am at work now and don't have a lot of time to give you an exact link but if you can't find anything, let me know. I will see if I still have the forms.
Nope, I didn't pay tax to kastam. SIRIM certification is not related to tax. Also, remember, smartphones are not taxed by customs. Don't pay tax for the phone unless customs give you a notice.
Thanks.
boonboon
post Jan 11 2013, 12:57 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ Jan 9 2013, 02:21 PM)

I really can't find the form, they need me to apply for online account which i can't find the personal account. rclxub.gif

it would be good if i can get the form from you. Thanks ahead.
Leong Ka Fai
post Jan 31 2013, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

Just to check with u bro PeacefulDiscord, I have ordered 2 Nexus 4 and 2 bumpers as well... Shipping by DHL... I am keeping my fingers crossed to avoid any hold ups at custom.... but if i am unlicky.... just like to check after getting the SIRIM permit how would I send it to DHL ?? I will just need to email them the SIRIM AP number or how are the procedures ??
PeacefulDiscord
post Feb 5 2013, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(Leong Ka Fai @ Jan 31 2013, 10:43 AM)
Just to check with u bro PeacefulDiscord, I have ordered 2 Nexus 4 and 2 bumpers as well... Shipping by DHL... I am keeping my fingers crossed to avoid any hold ups at custom.... but if i am unlicky.... just like to check after getting the SIRIM permit how would I send it to DHL ?? I will just need to email them the SIRIM AP number or how are the procedures ??
PMed you!
reezayu
post Feb 8 2013, 12:13 AM

0 posts

Hi PeacefulDiscord,

I want to know how many time one can apply for sirim special approval?
In my case, I bought a phone and applied for sirim special approval already and Im planning to buy another phone (not the same brand and model) in March.. So, will they allow me to apply for sirim special approval again for my second phone? Or we r only allow to apply once which means no more phone/gadget cn b bought thruout this year!

Thanks in advance for ur reply...

desert.2004
post Feb 21 2013, 05:31 PM

0 posts

What is the corresponding number for USPS mail?
I have paid for the Sirim Permit and now I have the sirim permit number but i don't knwo who to contact!
Could any one help me?

thanks in advance
philipcs
post Feb 24 2013, 06:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,581 posts

Need some advice from those who ordered nexus 4.
How you ship your phone from us to malaysia? Proxy shipping? May I know which proxy shipping and how much is the shipping cost?

Thanks!
WildChai
post Mar 13 2013, 05:02 PM

Wut is this?
964 posts

thanks for the guide...
Weirdoz
post Jun 15 2013, 07:02 PM

43 posts

Thumbs up for the guide

got my AP Sirim already
chingyee79
post Nov 27 2013, 06:07 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

Can u help me? Or pm the detail or procedures to apply AP? I want to buy Moto g from us. How much cost for the AP . Thanks.
tezro
post Nov 30 2013, 04:20 PM

30 posts

Hi TS. Is this the SIRIM permit form?

Application Form for E-Permit

And this is the full website page.

Communication & Multimedia Product Certification
bv2427
post Dec 17 2013, 05:35 PM

On my way
657 posts

This article is accurate and helpful for those who want to bring in one unit from overseas. In my case I won a Z1 from the UK and it got stuck in customs.

I email-ed [email protected] and got a reply within the hour with the instructions exactly the same as the TS.
I've attached the forms given to me by the person who replied me in this email, filled it in, and brought Technical specification (product brochure), Copy of invoice (if relevant), Copy I/C or passport for personal application, Payment (RM100 in my case) and Supporting document from forwarding agent /Pos Laju / Fedex / etc.

I went to the Shah Alam HQ, Block 25 early in the morning. The counters open at 8.30am. Pass the documents, pay RM100 and left. Before 11am my permit was approved and I got the relevant documents in my email and forwarded it to FedEx. Pretty smooth overall.

Attached File  epermit.zip ( 694.29k ) Number of downloads: 843

This post has been edited by bv2427: Dec 17 2013, 05:36 PM
pltan
post Dec 20 2013, 03:33 PM

Casual
496 posts

I just got nailed for a Sirim approval request as well for 1 set of bluetooth earbuds worth 400 bucks.

The 100 bucks if I handle this personally is 25% of the value, which is quite a hit. They really should wave this permit or make it cheaper for smaller single items :/
padfoot
post Dec 26 2013, 03:55 PM

Officially a shutterbug
810 posts

QUOTE(bv2427 @ Dec 17 2013, 05:35 PM)
This article is accurate and helpful for those who want to bring in one unit from overseas. In my case I won a Z1 from the UK and it got stuck in customs.

I email-ed [email protected] and got a reply within the hour with the instructions exactly the same as the TS.
I've attached the forms given to me by the person who replied me in this email, filled it in, and brought Technical specification (product brochure), Copy of  invoice (if relevant), Copy I/C or passport for personal application, Payment (RM100 in my case) and Supporting document from forwarding agent /Pos Laju / Fedex / etc.

I went to the Shah Alam HQ, Block 25 early in the morning. The counters open at 8.30am. Pass the documents, pay RM100 and left. Before 11am my permit was approved and I got the relevant documents in my email and forwarded it to FedEx. Pretty smooth overall.

Attached File  epermit.zip ( 694.29k ) Number of downloads: 843

Thanks for the attachment. All three are required for the application.

This post has been edited by padfoot: Dec 26 2013, 04:41 PM
shahx_e
post Jan 4 2014, 06:47 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(bolok @ Dec 26 2012, 09:41 AM)
Really easy and fast process at sirim . Just spend me half an hours to do it . But they say will email me the permit when it done . So no need wait there . And they promises today can collect it . Look like sirim provided good service too.
so if i apply AP through email and send all the documents they need, do i have to collect the permit myself? or can I just wait for the permit they will email me once it done? because my place seem so far away from SIRIM office
BookOfAdam
post Feb 23 2014, 01:10 PM

0 posts

Thanks for these information, especially to PeacefulDiscord and b2427 really helpful. rclxms.gif

Some questions though for those who managed to successfully get this done;

From the application form posted by b2427, it looks like we need company and business reg no:? Is this required or can we just skip this if it's for personal use?

Also, is it possible to apply it on on behalf of someone else ie. item is shipped to a friend but I'm helping to apply for the permit.

I've emailed sirim just in case, thanks in advance!! smile.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by BookOfAdam: Feb 23 2014, 01:14 PM
tuanlam417
post Mar 5 2014, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

Hello,

EDIT: Procedure to apply

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Nice! Didn't know it was that easy. Does it applied to other electronics as well?
wansirpunk
post May 5 2014, 09:23 AM

Casual
369 posts

does wifi tablet with no call feature need sirim?

what if the total cost of item below rm500?

what if the seller declare item as gift?
PeacefulDiscord
post May 9 2014, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

Sorry I have been AWOL/MIA. Forgot about this thread a while back haha biggrin.gif

But I am back to answer some of your questions:

QUOTE(bv2427 @ Dec 17 2013, 05:35 PM)

I've attached the forms given to me by the person who replied me in this email, filled it in, and brought Technical specification (product brochure), Copy of invoice (if relevant), Copy I/C or passport for personal application, Payment (RM100 in my case) and Supporting document from forwarding agent /Pos Laju / Fedex / etc.

Hey, thanks for this. I have updated the OP to have this attachment there for anyone that needs it.

QUOTE(pltan @ Dec 20 2013, 03:33 PM)
I just got nailed for a Sirim approval request as well for 1 set of bluetooth earbuds worth 400 bucks.

The 100 bucks if I handle this personally is 25% of the value, which is quite a hit. They really should wave this permit or make it cheaper for smaller single items :/
Well it actually is the cheapest permit they have. Companies need to pay upwards of the 1000s to get their products certified. I guess the reason they need you to apply for the permit is to make sure you aren't bringing in any spy equipment/equipment detrimental to national security.

QUOTE(shahx_e @ Jan 4 2014, 06:47 PM)
so if i apply AP through email and send all the documents they need, do i have to collect the permit myself? or can I just wait for the permit they will email me once it done? because my place seem so far away from SIRIM office
No, you HAVE to go there yourself and apply.

QUOTE(BookOfAdam @ Feb 23 2014, 01:10 PM)
Thanks for these information, especially to PeacefulDiscord and b2427 really helpful.  rclxms.gif

Some questions though for those who managed to successfully get this done;

From the application form posted by b2427, it looks like we need company and business reg no:? Is this required or can we just skip this if it's for personal use?

Also, is it possible to apply it on on behalf of someone else ie. item is shipped to a friend but I'm helping to apply for the permit.

I've emailed sirim just in case, thanks in advance!!  smile.gif  smile.gif
Not required to have company details since it is for private importation.

And yes, it is possible as long as you have the person's documents with you.

QUOTE(wansirpunk @ May 5 2014, 09:23 AM)
does wifi tablet with no call feature need sirim?

what if the total cost of item below rm500?

what if the seller declare item as gift?
No, you do not need to apply for SIRIM as far as I know for a tablet that DOES NOT have GSM features. But if it does have a radio antenna/GSM antenna, you will need to apply no matter cost or what it has been declared as.

This post has been edited by PeacefulDiscord: May 9 2014, 03:19 PM
wansirpunk
post May 9 2014, 04:27 PM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ May 9 2014, 03:15 PM)
No, you do not need to apply for SIRIM as far as I know for a tablet that DOES NOT have GSM features. But if it does have a radio antenna/GSM antenna, you will need to apply no matter cost or what it has been declared as.
just to be safe i should declare the tablet as what.....electronic item, electronic device, computer stuff?
ahlin
post May 28 2014, 10:13 PM

Pleasure to meet you.
1,087 posts

Hi, my relative from china send me 2 powerbank, 2earphone and 2 mi box( something like apple tv). All is for personal use. Will i need to apply SIRIM if block by custom? What document(s) should I prepared and what else I could be charged?tax? Thanks
ikengkai
post Jul 17 2014, 10:18 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Good info and helpful for those would like to buy smartphone from abroad and do not aware on the custom / sirim process.

Normally the courier staff will open big mouth to settle all for you... their side income.
kurogane1031
post Oct 14 2014, 01:55 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

Thanks for information.
I went there to apply permit for my nvidia shield tablet and it is quite easy.

FYI any personal use telecommunication devices (which got wireless) requires SIRIM AP.

the payment is

1 - 3 units: RM 100
4 - 6 units: RM 200
7 - 9 units: RM 300
10 - 12 units : RM400

However, this payment is subjected as per item + per name+ per year.
example:
if i have 2 unit shield tablet payment is 100
if i have 4 unit shield tablet the payment is 200
if i have 1 unit shield tablet and one unit xperia Z3, the payment will be 200
if i have 2 unit xperia, and registed 1 unit xperia under my name and and another under my friends name, the payment is 200.

if let say i import 1 unit within july for example, i required to pay 100. if i were to import another 1 unit within august, i still required to pay 100.

the maximum one person can register within one year is 12 units.

Hope above helps.
kurogane1031
post Oct 14 2014, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ May 9 2014, 03:15 PM)
And yes, it is possible as long as you have the person's documents with you.
I still required to pay for the AP even though my device only has wifi (no other GSM feature).
KTay
post Jan 1 2015, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

Hey. I had my Logitech Bluetooth speakers stuck in customs and found this thread very helpful. Thanks OP.

Will be heading to SIRIM Penang tomorrow and try sort things out.
MorGrish666
post Feb 4 2015, 03:41 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

Thanks PeacefulDiscord for this useful post, just back from SIRIM office. The details provide by kurogane1031 are still same by the date of 04FEB2015.

During the time I was there, only 2-3 person waiting, the officer told me that nowadays most people apply through email, but I'm not sure how fast they will proceed. So if it's urgent, still better to go SIRIM office personally.
wankj
post Feb 18 2015, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

Thank for this topic....really useful.got my Phone yesterday...
Anonymous34
post May 10 2015, 02:09 AM

MiPlusOne Fag. ._.
3,166 posts

PeacefulDiscord
I have about 6 items that need to be released with permit.
How much will it cost me to do?
For small item like Apple Wireless keyboard should I apply permit for it as well or just hope for the best? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Anonymous34: May 10 2015, 02:11 AM
ktek
post May 14 2015, 05:21 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(Anonymous34 @ May 10 2015, 02:09 AM)
PeacefulDiscord
I have about 6 items that need to be released with permit.
How much will it cost me to do?
For small item like Apple Wireless keyboard should I apply permit for it as well or just hope for the best? laugh.gif
rm100 per 3unit under special approval (fill in another form)
wireless device need sirim
Anonymous34
post May 14 2015, 05:24 PM

MiPlusOne Fag. ._.
3,166 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ May 14 2015, 05:21 PM)
rm100 per 3unit under special approval (fill in another form)
wireless device need sirim
Just sent my applications.
Rm100 for each device
Rm400 total
If same device but multiple units rm100 ja
amin_bp
post Sep 7 2015, 02:53 PM

12 posts

hi,
Thanks a lot for the guide. It really helps. However I receive and email with a pdf attachment stating

With reference to the above, we would like to inform you that your Special Approval application is pending due to
the followings:

Product shall be submitted for evaluation with importation/declaration
document endorsed by KDRM/Pos Malaysia within 14 (fourteen) working
days from the date of importation/declaration document or Special
Approval application date which is on 07-Sep-2015

When I call fedex they said the letter is not an AP. Please help

SyathibiyMegat
post Oct 7 2015, 11:01 AM

Linguistics
2,631 posts

QUOTE(amin_bp @ Sep 7 2015, 02:53 PM)
hi,
  Thanks a lot for the guide. It really helps. However I receive and email with a pdf attachment stating

With reference to the above, we would like to inform you that your Special Approval application is pending due to
the followings:

Product shall be submitted for evaluation with importation/declaration
document endorsed by KDRM/Pos Malaysia within 14 (fourteen) working
days from the date of importation/declaration document or Special
Approval application date which is on 07-Sep-2015

When I call fedex they said the letter is not an AP. Please help
Hey, bro. Did you get your permit? I received the same email also
vnix
post Nov 19 2015, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

I have submit all the lab test report done by the manufacturer (ETSI XXXXX) , all kind of document submitted and all passed and they still charge me RM1.5k for evaluation. I still need to assist them to go through the test one by one again. Is it like this or my manual is not useful (and they passed it)? Or I am supposed to get the certification straight away? Thanks
glitch88
post Dec 3 2015, 10:13 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(SyathibiyMegat @ Oct 7 2015, 11:01 AM)
Hey, bro. Did you get your permit? I received the same email also
Hi Guys,

Any update with this? What did you do next? Thanks
SyathibiyMegat
post Dec 3 2015, 03:06 PM

Linguistics
2,631 posts

QUOTE(glitch88 @ Dec 3 2015, 10:13 AM)
Hi Guys,

Any update with this? What did you do next? Thanks
You don't have to do anything. You just need to be patient. An email will be sent to you within 24 hours. In my cases, I received mine at around 2 and 3, and I went there early in the morning at around 9
glitch88
post Dec 3 2015, 04:18 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(SyathibiyMegat @ Dec 3 2015, 03:06 PM)
You don't have to do anything. You just need to be patient. An email will be sent to you within 24 hours. In my cases, I received mine at around 2 and 3, and I went there early in the morning at around 9
IC, I went there this morning, arrived at 8:00am, then they opened their counter at 8:30am. I'm still waiting for the letter, until now I haven't receive it yet.
SyathibiyMegat
post Dec 3 2015, 06:46 PM

Linguistics
2,631 posts

QUOTE(glitch88 @ Dec 3 2015, 04:18 PM)
IC, I went there this morning, arrived at 8:00am, then they opened their counter at 8:30am. I'm still waiting for the letter, until now I haven't receive it yet.
Contact them if you still don't receive it tmr morning
glitch88
post Dec 4 2015, 09:17 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(SyathibiyMegat @ Dec 3 2015, 06:46 PM)
Contact them if you still don't receive it tmr morning
They sent it yesterday to the wrong email address sad.gif I asked them to resend again and just received it.

No need to visit their office because they now accept application via email.

Hi Sir / Madam,

Kindly attach supporting documents from forwarding agent consist of
· Airway bill
· Custom one form
· Invoice

Or

If your agent from POS Malaysia, please attach scan copy the particular of item detained by customs and please clarify information such as below:
· Quantity of item
· Model
· Tariff code (Refer to POS Malaysia)

Please clarify model if your item is a mobile phone.

For others product, please attach with technical specification or product brochure for further advise.

Please, kindly email all the documents to [email protected]

FYI application will be accepted with 2 option either:

1. Walk into Sirim with application form and payment
2. By email with scan copy of application form and transaction of payment.
SyathibiyMegat
post Dec 4 2015, 12:31 PM

Linguistics
2,631 posts

QUOTE(glitch88 @ Dec 4 2015, 09:17 AM)
They sent it yesterday to the wrong email address sad.gif I asked them to resend again and just received it.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

LOL, should've reminded you to check with them if the email given is correct or not. You should check if you receive 3 emails before going back

Yeah, you can apply thru email. But they respond to an email pretty slow. If you go there, they'll do it instantly. So, unless if you're staying far, just go there
haige
post Dec 4 2015, 05:49 PM

7 posts

Hi it's my first time applying for SIRIM after my Nvidia Shield Tablet was held by customs. I applied through email due to the fact that I live far away from KL... So I followed all the instructions and applied yesterday, today I received a email from SIRIM stating that my application was "Acknowledged by Customs", I sent this to my carrier but they told me to that this is only a confirmation and not the actual approval. Sorry for the long story but my point is: Am I on the right track ? and how long does it usually take for me to receive the actual permit ?

Thanks notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

haige
post Dec 4 2015, 05:50 PM

7 posts

(accidentally doubled posted due to cacat wifi, sorry)

This post has been edited by haige: Dec 4 2015, 05:54 PM
AlbertBee
post Jan 22 2016, 12:53 AM

0 posts

Hi, I jz bought and Razer Nabu and it was hold by the customs and require the sirim permit.
I planning to walk in the sirim office with those following steps ( just to make sure I didn't make any mistake...
Print out the
APPLICATION FORM FOR E-PERMIT (FOR NON-REGISTERED E-PERMIT USER)
APPLICATION CHECKLIST FOR SPECIAL APPROVAL FOR COMMUNICATION AND MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT
APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL APPROVAL FOR COMMUNICATION AND MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT
Fill all in

and also my IC, Razer Nabu page technical specs, Airway bill and Invoice (that provided by Fedex)
Also RM100 sweat.gif

can someone help me to find the trafic code of the smartband??? icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

9102.12.00 I found this onlince, not sure does it correct??
Ch1nGFuX
post Jan 26 2016, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(AlbertBee @ Jan 22 2016, 12:53 AM)
Hi, I jz bought and Razer Nabu and it was hold by the customs and require the sirim permit.
I planning to walk in the sirim office with those following steps ( just to make sure I didn't make any mistake...
Print out the
APPLICATION FORM FOR E-PERMIT (FOR NON-REGISTERED E-PERMIT USER)
APPLICATION CHECKLIST FOR SPECIAL APPROVAL FOR COMMUNICATION AND MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT 
APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL APPROVAL FOR COMMUNICATION AND MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT
Fill all in

and also my IC, Razer Nabu page technical specs,  Airway bill and Invoice (that provided by Fedex)
Also RM100 sweat.gif
can someone help me to find the trafic code of the smartband??? icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif

9102.12.00 I found this onlince, not sure does it correct??
Seems like we're in a similar boat. Just got my Nabu Watch stuck at customs. As the recent posts imply, the process is now done either via walk-in or email, there doesn't seem to be any forms to download at website so you may or may not have to re-fill forms at their HQ lol

Hopefully FedEx gets back to me regarding my airway bill, invoice and custom one form tomorrow.

Come to think of it, custom issues like these aren't handled by the seller right? cry.gif
yensiang
post Feb 15 2016, 03:08 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Ch1nGFuX @ Jan 26 2016, 06:31 PM)
Seems like we're in a similar boat. Just got my Nabu Watch stuck at customs. As the recent posts imply, the process is now done either via walk-in or email, there doesn't seem to be any forms to download at website so you may or may not have to re-fill forms at their HQ lol

Hopefully FedEx gets back to me regarding my airway bill, invoice and custom one form tomorrow.

Come to think of it, custom issues like these aren't handled by the seller right?  cry.gif
Same boat here. My item stuck in custom for 3 weeks d because of this license permit. Seem like sirim got a lot rm in these type of case. Each person rm100. Tf. Any of u Going to clear it. Feel like not worth it if add in the fee for license permit
Junior83
post Mar 3 2016, 11:06 AM

Investor
1,245 posts

Hi PeacefulDiscord,

Your flow works like a charm! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Btw, a unit without any wireless feature will be Rm37.1 (inclusive of gst)

This post has been edited by Junior83: Mar 3 2016, 12:35 PM
Yuen Seng
post Mar 16 2016, 08:28 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(glitch88 @ Dec 4 2015, 09:17 AM)

No need to visit their office because they now accept application via email.
Hi Sir / Madam,

Kindly attach supporting documents from forwarding agent consist of
· Airway bill
· Custom one form
· Invoice

Or

If your agent from POS Malaysia, please attach scan copy the particular of item detained by customs and please clarify information such as below:
· Quantity of item
· Model
· Tariff code (Refer to POS Malaysia)

Please clarify model if your item is a mobile phone.

For others product, please attach with technical specification or product brochure for further advise.

Please, kindly email all the documents to [email protected]

FYI application will be accepted with 2 option either:

1.    Walk into Sirim with application form and payment
2.    By email with scan copy of application form and transaction of payment.
Hey, I wanted apply via online. Due to some several problems:
1. I have to work on the weekday and on an office hour which is similar to SIRIM Bhd.
2. My courier (FedEx) gave me a time limit for 5 days from now.

What/how should I do to apply my special approval (private) permit?

Lego Warfare
post Aug 3 2016, 10:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,992 posts

Hi i received a pdf after submitting all the documents and payment stating-

Others : Product shall be submitted for evaluation with importation/declaration document endorsed by KDRM/Pos Malaysia within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of importation/declaration document or Special Approval application date which is on 03-Aug-2016

Does that mean I need to wait for 14 days to get my permit?
Mine is a personal item - wireless headphones.

chungss
post Dec 19 2016, 06:28 PM

15 posts

Just want to share that the guide by @PeacefulDiscord is still valid as of December 2016. Really came in handy when dealt with Customs+SIRIM for the first time recently.

Also came across this guide on how to apply e-permit from SIRIM online when doing some research. Thought you guys might want to give this method a try.
benji
post Mar 17 2017, 10:24 AM

On my way
678 posts

Just wanna updated.. till today.. 17 march 2017, prosedure still the same.. form still the same. i just go to sirim penang yesterday and they give me the same form. today im going to do for my return replacement unit for garmin vivosmart hr. thanks all for sharing.
aa*ron
post Mar 17 2017, 05:46 PM

37 posts

I've tested the methods today, and it works!
After submitted all the forms, supporting documents, and payment, you'll received 3 email in total:

1. e-ComM Application Notification: e.g. "Your quotation for application DRAFT/XX/99/9999/X is ready. Please kindly acknowledge the quotation."

2. The 2nd e-ComM Application Notification: e.g. "Your application File No. DRAFT/XX/99/9999/X is change to SQASI/XX/99/9999/X and accepted by SIRIM.
Kindly submit your sample to SIRIM." [NOTE: At this point, you DON'T need to do anything, just WAIT for the 3rd email.]

3. Acknowledged by Customs: e.g. "Kindly refer attachment and forward your import permit to forwarder agent for clearance purposed." [NOTE: This email contained a document (Certificate of Approval), you need to send it to your forwarded agent (in my case is Fedex). Then the agent will proceed with pre-clearance, which SIRIM will do the product assessment.]

4. Within 2 days, Fedex sent me an SMS inform me about the duty/tax amount. I made a called to them, being told that my parcel will be sent by Gdex, and I just need to pay the duty/tax when the item arrive.

So, that's my whole journey on Import Permit application. While a agent quoted me RM200++ for this, I handled it by myself with just RM106.00, and everything are done within 2-3 days. Give it a try!

This post has been edited by aa*ron: Mar 20 2017, 09:24 AM
nivlanauk
post May 3 2017, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
268 posts

Help. Do I still need a permit to import my personal belongings (dekstop and monitor) that has been used for 4 years? If not, how do I go about it?
PeacefulDiscord
post May 6 2017, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(nivlanauk @ May 3 2017, 10:04 AM)
Help. Do I still need a permit to import my personal belongings (dekstop and monitor) that has been used for 4 years? If not, how do I go about it?
SIRIM permits are mainly for equipment that has a radio inside it. Things like bluetooth, GSM radio, wireless radio, etc.

If your desktop doesn't have those, then no, you won't need a permit from SIRIM. Just import them normally.
Eternalgl0ry
post May 21 2017, 01:47 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(PeacefulDiscord @ May 6 2017, 06:13 PM)
SIRIM permits are mainly for equipment that has a radio inside it. Things like bluetooth, GSM radio, wireless radio, etc.

If your desktop doesn't have those, then no, you won't need a permit from SIRIM. Just import them normally.
SIFU i need your help.

I ordered a fitbit wristband from USA AMAZON. Its a smartwatch that tracks sleep and exercise data ... it was my mothers day present but DHL say they need SIRIM permit approval

Do the forms work with in JB too ?

Hello,

EDIT: This is the procedure to apply for the permit

1) Downloaded, printed and filled form for E-Permit application and Special approval (see attachment) Thanks to user bv2427 for the documents biggrin.gif
1a) If you don't know the Tariff code for your product, just search over here.
2) Print specification for hand phone being imported, in my case it was the Nexus 4 technical specs (use the Nexus 4 page on Google to print out the technical specs for the phone)
3) Get a copy of your IC or Passport
4) Print shipment and customs invoice (Ask your courier for the shipping invoice or pro-forma invoice)
5) Go to SIRIM HQ, Block 25
6) Hand all the documents in and pay the RM100 for the approval
7) You should receive the permit in about 3-5 hours
8) Send it to your courier and wait for them to process it and release your package from customs

Help with 1a and 2.... I am very weak at Malay language too....

This post has been edited by Eternalgl0ry: May 21 2017, 01:49 AM
Eternalgl0ry
post May 21 2017, 01:52 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(haige @ Dec 4 2015, 05:49 PM)
Hi it's my first time applying for SIRIM after my Nvidia Shield Tablet was held by customs. I applied through email due to the fact that I live far away from KL... So I followed all the instructions and applied yesterday, today I received a email from SIRIM stating that my application was "Acknowledged by Customs", I sent this to my carrier but they told me to that this is only a confirmation and not the actual approval. Sorry for the long story but my point is: Am I on the right track ? and how long does it usually take for me to receive the actual permit ?

Thanks  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
How did you accomplish this ? i too live far away from KL too. How do you apply through email ???
PeacefulDiscord
post May 23 2017, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ May 21 2017, 01:47 AM)
SIFU i need your help.

I ordered a fitbit wristband from USA AMAZON. Its a smartwatch that tracks sleep and exercise data ... it was my mothers day present but DHL say they need SIRIM permit approval

Do the forms work with in JB too ?
Help with 1a and 2.... I am very weak at Malay language too....
For the tariff code, your fitbit will fall under the 8517.69 code.

You will need to email SIRIM with the forms provided in this thread along with the relevant technical specs found on the fitbit website for your particular model. You will then need to pay the fees and they will issue you a certificate within a day or two. SIRIM is a federal body so doesn't matter if you are in JB. The procedure is still the same.
Eternalgl0ry
post May 28 2017, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

Thanks i just received my item few days ago. Apparently this is like a " extra money " for them

like tips sleep.gif . If unlucky will kena this SIRIM thingy

My friend ordered the same item though different color only from the same US store and same courier but he managed to avoid this. sleep.gif"
myfists
post Jun 14 2017, 04:56 PM

28 posts

Hi, I have just received the Special Approval required for my laptop purchased from Singapore.
However, SIRIM said that I need to send the item to them for testing within 14 days of the approval date.
1) What happens if I dont send it to SIRIM for testing? Fine? Imprisonment? Item get confiscated?
2) How long does it take for the testing to be completed? Any estimated time until I get my laptop?
Thanks!

This post has been edited by myfists: Jun 22 2017, 05:47 AM
ed0gawa
post Aug 17 2017, 05:39 PM

coconut
4,361 posts

I followed the steps from OPO forum.
Work perfectly.
Applied around 11am via email. Got it around 3plus pm.
biatche
post Nov 12 2017, 05:46 AM

Regular
1,562 posts

should we apply sirim BEFORE or AFTER trying to import phone/tablet? (can try luck and hope custom dont check?)
lisachi85
post Nov 13 2017, 05:34 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(biatche @ Nov 12 2017, 05:46 AM)
should we apply sirim BEFORE or AFTER trying to import phone/tablet? (can try luck and hope custom dont check?)
Mostly, phone & tablet require for sirim permit. Usually they will check the invoice but you can try smile.gif
Should you need help on sirim, this agent can help u. Their contact no. 01132909022 (Ansarcomp). Hope this help.

This post has been edited by lisachi85: Nov 13 2017, 05:41 PM
woohwaah
post Nov 20 2017, 05:43 PM

1 posts

Note:
Please be informed to submit the product for evaluation with importation/declaration document endorsed by KDRM/Pos Malaysia
within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of importation/ declaration document or Notice of Special Approval Application date.

Could anyone advice, what will happen if we do not send in the item for testing ?

How much will they charge for testing usually ?

This is what I bought, and now it is stuck in customs....

lisachi85
post Nov 20 2017, 05:56 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(woohwaah @ Nov 20 2017, 05:43 PM)
Could anyone advice, what will happen if we do not send in the item for testing ?

How much will they charge for testing usually ?

This is what I bought, and now it is stuck in customs....
Hi woohwaah,

i do not think it require for testing if u buy it for u'r own use. You can try contact Ms. Liza (011-31202252).
She is an agent for electrical product. Maybe she can help.

woohwaah
post Nov 20 2017, 07:04 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(lisachi85 @ Nov 20 2017, 05:56 PM)
Hi woohwaah,

i do not think it require for testing if u buy it for u'r own use. You can try contact Ms. Liza (011-31202252).
She is an agent for electrical product. Maybe she can help.
Thanks for your response, I will check icon_rolleyes.gif
lisachi85
post Nov 24 2017, 09:45 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(woohwaah @ Nov 20 2017, 07:04 PM)
Thanks for your response, I will check  icon_rolleyes.gif
No problem icon_rolleyes.gif
emy_xvidia
post Dec 7 2017, 05:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,526 posts

My status is permit pending due to this:

Note:
Please be informed to submit the product for evaluation with importation/declaration document endorsed by KDRM/Pos Malaysia
within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of importation/ declaration document or Notice of Special Approval Application date.

What do i have to do next now? confused.gif
otromennexus
post Dec 15 2017, 04:04 PM

26 posts

emy,
did u receive your ePermit?
i also got this email from SIRIM.
otromennexus
post Dec 15 2017, 05:14 PM

26 posts

already get the ePermit.
:-)
No need to do anything..just wait..
thanks emy_xvidia for info..
ShinHaruhi
post Dec 26 2017, 09:39 AM

2 posts

park
dash63
post Aug 13 2018, 11:47 AM

0 posts

how to apply the e-permit ? Any one can direct me to right channel.. ? what is the contact # ? any email ?

I got the airway bill, item spec, K1 form ....
lisachi85
post Sep 3 2018, 12:31 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(dash63 @ Aug 13 2018, 11:47 AM)
how to apply the e-permit ? Any one can direct me to right channel.. ? what is the contact # ? any email ?

I got the airway bill, item spec, K1 form ....
You can try contact this agent: 01132909022 -Ansarcomp
jonathanlow
post Sep 18 2018, 10:24 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(myfists @ Jun 14 2017, 04:56 PM)
Hi, I have just received the Special Approval required for my laptop purchased from Singapore.
However, SIRIM said that I need to send the item to them for testing within 14 days of the approval date.
1) What happens if I dont send it to SIRIM for testing? Fine? Imprisonment? Item get confiscated?
2) How long does it take for the testing to be completed? Any estimated time until I get my laptop?
Thanks!
What happened after that message? Did u send anything for testing? Are u in prison?
kaneki96
post Sep 28 2018, 11:41 PM

0 posts

Just did this today, so wanted to update for anyone having their items detained by customs.

The forms (borang) that was originally attached by op is still the same forms used today so download them, fill em up and head to Block 25 in Sirim Qas Seksyen 2 shah alam. Really friendly staff and you'll get it done in less than an hour if tak ramai org.

For faster process, please print (and fill up) the form that was forwarded to your email from pos Malaysia, please print the specs of your product (ask from your seller / print from the item's website), and prepare the RM100.

Wait for a few hours and you'll get your permit emailed to you. Now head to Pos Malaysia International Hub, Jalan KLIA S1, with your permit, invoice and anything you think might be relevant.

For me, I ordered a japanese phone from Kyoex. Smartphones are 'conditional prohibited goods'. Since GST 6% no longer exists, you'll have to pay SST 5%. Calculate readily and bring extra cash (in case of any extra payments) cuz although some people said can use card, sometimes system down lmao

Good luck!
LNB1
post Oct 7 2018, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

this professional agent have SIRIM contact and cleared all my stuck items - rclxms.gif
contact Petra 012-2796220

This post has been edited by LNB1: Oct 7 2018, 11:28 PM
donnwyt
post Oct 11 2018, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

I thought I shared my experience dealing with SIRIM for a product I ordered from Amazon (oculus go) and keep this thread updated.

Day 1: Got an email from courier service about item stuck at Kastam (6:30pm)
Day 2: Sent email to Sirim along with docs from courier company - kastam sheet, airway bill and Amazon invoice (8:00 am)
Day 2: Sirim replied with instructions and forms (10:30 am)
Day 2: Replied Sirim with the filled & signed forms, other docs, and MB2u payment slip (RM100) - make sure to use Reply All (2:30 pm)
Day 2: Sirim acknowledge receipt (2:45 pm)
Day 2: Received 2 emails from eComM - as per earlier post here - ignore (4:00 pm)
Day 3: Received the final approval email from Sirim and forward it to courier company (9:30 am)
Day 3: Received acknowledge email from courier company and will proceed with clearance
Day 4: Items received (10:30 am)

Some note:
1. Prob would've got the item earlier if courier company sent the first email earlier i.e. before the working hour ends.
2. Provided as much info about your item and make Sirim's job easier (and faster)
3. Any product that has any inkling of radio signal usage will most likely be held by kastam for Sirim approval (bluetooth, wifi, 3G, 4G, etc)

yogurt7
post Oct 12 2018, 11:27 PM

Why So Serious
1,035 posts

Just want to check, since I can't find any firm answer. I bought nVidia Shield TV from Amazon for personal use only, same case as other, got stuck at Customs. Already clear everything with SIRIM until got Certificate of Approval, which I sent back to courier to deal with Customs and release the item.

However, I also got email that I need to sent the product/sample for testing. Anyone ignore this email, or didn't sent the product for testing? Should I sent an appeal email to waive the testing? Notice that testing will be done at SIRIM office Shah Alam, and the product location is 500 km away.

Thinking to ignore the testing, but just want make sure the consequence.
FluffyTee
post Oct 24 2018, 05:47 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(yogurt7 @ Oct 12 2018, 11:27 PM)
Just want to check, since I can't find any firm answer. I bought nVidia Shield TV from Amazon for personal use only, same case as other, got stuck at Customs. Already clear everything with SIRIM until got Certificate of Approval, which I sent back to courier to deal with Customs and release the item.

However, I also got email that I need to sent the product/sample for testing. Anyone ignore this email, or didn't sent the product for testing? Should I sent an appeal email to waive the testing? Notice that testing will be done at SIRIM office Shah Alam, and the product location is 500 km away.

Similar thing happen to me too. So what happen for urself?
MilesFive
post Nov 4 2018, 07:32 PM

7 posts

Hi. I'm planning to import some phones overseas. Can I apply sirim beforehand? Because I don't want to wait until my courier/agents contact me about item being detained at kastam then only I apply for it. I'm hoping to do it beforehand so that the whole importing process can be smooth. Is it possible?
lisachi85
post Nov 6 2018, 02:54 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(MilesFive @ Nov 4 2018, 07:32 PM)
Hi. I'm planning to import some phones overseas. Can I apply sirim beforehand? Because I don't want to wait until my courier/agents contact me about item being detained at kastam then only I apply for it. I'm hoping to do it beforehand so that the whole importing process can be smooth. Is it possible?
Hi, usually we need all complete documents to apply with SIRIM. If you need further assist, please contact this agent: 01132909022 -Ansarcomp
farsight73
post Nov 14 2018, 11:36 AM

21 posts

Bought a phone from USA last Thursday and paid via ebay. Shipping was super fast through FedEx and arrived as expected but then it got hold-up at KLIA Custom and needing SIRIM permit. After made countless calls to Fedex and Sirim to get the information I needed. The process to release the item was such a difficult process that I need to go to Shah Alam Sirim if I need it fast or wait 48 to 72 hrs if I only submitting via email or fax. BTW, I stayed at Nilai (If you would see the distance and trouble to Shah Alam)

Custom Import Duty Ask for RM100++
Sirim Permit ask for RM150++

If I go all the way by myself... Time + Petrol + Toll + me getting tired..

After thinking all the obstacles up front.. I took the 2nd option.. get my broker agent to handle this.. Paid him RM500 and got the parcel delivered within 2 hrs only. Happy Ending..

This post has been edited by farsight73: Nov 14 2018, 11:37 AM
powerbarr
post Nov 27 2018, 11:20 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(LNB1 @ Oct 7 2018, 11:28 PM)
this professional agent have SIRIM contact and cleared all my stuck items -    rclxms.gif
contact Petra 012-2796220
initially this guy was okay. very friendly chap. he said he will do mine the following week coz he’s outstation. i said okay. yesterday and today i call and text but to no answer. like he’s MIA. my parcel is an important stuff coz i need to use it asap. sigh
powerbarr
post Nov 27 2018, 11:21 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(farsight73 @ Nov 14 2018, 11:36 AM)
Bought a phone from USA last Thursday and paid via ebay. Shipping was super fast through FedEx and arrived as expected but then it got hold-up at KLIA Custom and needing SIRIM permit. After made countless calls to Fedex and Sirim to get the information I needed. The process to release the item was such a difficult process that I need to go to Shah Alam Sirim if I need it fast or wait 48 to 72 hrs if I only submitting via email or fax. BTW, I stayed at Nilai (If you would see the distance and trouble to Shah Alam)

After thinking all the obstacles up front.. I took the 2nd option.. get my broker agent to handle this.. Paid him RM500 and got the parcel delivered within 2 hrs only. Happy Ending..
can recommend me ur agent?

lisachi85
post Nov 27 2018, 03:27 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(powerbarr @ Nov 27 2018, 11:20 AM)
initially this guy was okay. very friendly chap. he said he will do mine the following week coz he’s outstation. i said okay. yesterday and today i call and text but to no answer. like he’s MIA. my parcel is an important stuff coz i need to use it asap. sigh
Hi, you can try contact this agent: 01132909022 -Ansarcomp or email to them at [email protected] I just used their services recently.
calvin_gsc
post Nov 29 2018, 03:17 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,253 posts

QUOTE(aa*ron @ Mar 17 2017, 05:46 PM)
I've tested the methods today, and it works!
After submitted all the forms, supporting documents, and payment, you'll received 3 email in total:

1. e-ComM Application Notification: e.g. "Your quotation for application DRAFT/XX/99/9999/X is ready. Please kindly acknowledge the quotation."

2. The 2nd e-ComM Application Notification: e.g. "Your application File No. DRAFT/XX/99/9999/X  is change to SQASI/XX/99/9999/X and accepted by SIRIM.
Kindly submit your sample to SIRIM." [NOTE: At this point, you DON'T need to do anything, just WAIT for the 3rd email.]

3. Acknowledged by Customs: e.g. "Kindly refer attachment and forward your import permit to forwarder agent for clearance purposed." [NOTE: This email contained a document (Certificate of Approval), you need to send it to your forwarded agent (in my case is Fedex). Then the agent will proceed with pre-clearance, which SIRIM will do the product assessment.]

4. Within 2 days, Fedex sent me an SMS inform me about the duty/tax amount. I made a called to them, being told that my parcel will be sent by Gdex, and I just need to pay the duty/tax when the item arrive.

So, that's my whole journey on Import Permit application. While a agent quoted me RM200++ for this, I handled it by myself with just RM106.00, and everything are done within 2-3 days. Give it a try!
I ordered a 360 action camera from China. Receive email notice and documents from Fedex. I used the Sirim ePermit also. I submitted forms and payment to SIRIM same day. Got the permit the next day via email. Submitted permit to Fedex and got the item delivered the next day.

Ansarcomp quoted me RM250
Fedex 3rd Party RM200

QUOTE(farsight73 @ Nov 14 2018, 11:36 AM)

The duty/sales tax payment is to Customs department. Fedex charges RM5.00 service fee only. The payment can be paid to Fedex guy upon delivery via cash/cheque. I applied SIRIM ePermit via email, payment of RM100 to SIRIM via ebanking. No trips were made to SIRIM. This method took around 2 days vs your 2 hours but much cheaper as no middle man.

apekpro96
post Nov 30 2018, 05:32 PM

4 posts

I also got this evaluation email..and not yet receive my permit..now what happen bro..did u sent it?
slap2begin
post Dec 14 2018, 01:22 AM

Casual
438 posts

hi,

can anyone help me with this sirim if i want to bring item more then 12 unit? i mean the same model of item that required epermit but want to bring it more then 12 unit? how to apply permit more then 12 unit? do i need to register company? any form? help me pls
lisachi85
post Dec 19 2018, 11:01 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(slap2begin @ Dec 14 2018, 01:22 AM)
hi,

can anyone help me with this sirim if i want to bring item more then 12 unit? i mean the same model of item that required epermit but want to bring it more then 12 unit? how to apply permit more then 12 unit? do i need to register company? any form? help me pls
If not mistakes, you can apply under personal too. You can try email to [email protected] or call at 01132909022 -Ansarcomp. They 're sirim agent that can help you. I just used their services recently.
KingArthurVI
post Feb 11 2019, 07:56 PM

BWOAHHHH
541 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Oct 24 2018, 05:47 PM)
Similar thing happen to me too. So what happen for urself?
QUOTE(apekpro96 @ Nov 30 2018, 05:32 PM)
I also got this evaluation email..and not yet receive my permit..now what happen bro..did u sent it?
Hi guys, did all of you send your product in for SIRIM testing? I just received the same email asking to send item in for testing... I applied via email.

Here's the email:

Dear Sir / Madam,

SQASI/XX/NOTIF/XXXXXXX/2019 11-02-2019

Please be informed that we have received your Special Approval application file number SQASI/XX/XX/XXXX/X.
Please take note that for Personal/ Company/ Training category, you are required to submit the sample for evaluation/ testing within 14 (fourteen) working days from the schedule date which is on 12-02-2019.
For R&D / Demo / Market-Survey / Exhibition category, sample is not required.
If there is no submission of sample within 14 working days, SIRIM QAS International will email a cancellation notice whereby the application will be cancelled.
Pursuant to that, applicant may appeal in order to proceed with the application. However, if no confirmation/acknowledgement is received within 7 days from the cancellation notice date, SIRIM QAS International shall proceed to close the Special Approval application.
For more details, please log in to https://ecomm.sirim.my to view your application or email to [email protected]
yogurt7
post Feb 17 2019, 06:13 PM

Why So Serious
1,035 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 11 2019, 07:56 PM)
Hi guys, did all of you send your product in for SIRIM testing? I just received the same email asking to send item in for testing... I applied via email.

Here's the email:
hi, just want to confirm that I didn't sent my goods for testing, and no further email coming from SIRIM. I think should be OK, right? since we only use it for personal, not as re-seller.
KingArthurVI
post Feb 18 2019, 12:52 PM

BWOAHHHH
541 posts

QUOTE(yogurt7 @ Feb 17 2019, 06:13 PM)
hi, just want to confirm that I didn't sent my goods for testing, and no further email coming from SIRIM. I think should be OK, right? since we only use it for personal, not as re-seller.
Yeah should be fine. I got the import permit even without sending samples in. The sample request email is likely just an automated notification
FluffyTee
post Feb 22 2019, 05:13 AM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Feb 11 2019, 07:56 PM)

Here's the email:
just apply for SIRIM permit with the details of ur product. Dont need to bring it for testing. I understand that was an automated email.
In most cases, as long the item ur bringing into malaysia is a common known item (in my case, a well known brand laptop) SIRIM would permit it without needing to test the item.

Kaziel
post Mar 19 2019, 11:48 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(donnwyt @ Oct 11 2018, 10:54 AM)
I thought I shared my experience dealing with SIRIM for a product I ordered from Amazon (oculus go) and keep this thread updated.

Day 2: Sent email to Sirim along with docs from courier company - kastam sheet, airway bill and Amazon invoice (8:00 am)
Day 2: Replied Sirim with the filled & signed forms, other docs, and MB2u payment slip (RM100) - make sure to use Reply All (2:30 pm)
Day 2: Received 2 emails from eComM - as per earlier post here - ignore (4:00 pm)
Day 3: Received the final approval email from Sirim and forward it to courier company (9:30 am)
Day 3: Received acknowledge email from courier company and will proceed with clearance

Some note:
1. Prob would've got the item earlier if courier company sent the first email earlier i.e. before the working hour ends.
2. Provided as much info about your item and make Sirim's job easier (and faster)
3. Any product that has any inkling of radio signal usage will most likely be held by kastam for Sirim approval (bluetooth, wifi, 3G, 4G, etc)
Did you get this message?

"Please be informed to submit the product for evaluation with importation/declaration document endorsed by KDRM/Pos Malaysia
within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of importation/ declaration document or Notice of Special Approval Application date."

If so, did you send the product to SIRIM for evaluation?
donnwyt
post May 8 2019, 12:22 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(Kaziel @ Mar 19 2019, 11:48 AM)
Did you get this message?

"Please be informed to submit the product for evaluation with importation/declaration document endorsed by KDRM/Pos Malaysia
within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of importation/ declaration document or Notice of Special Approval Application date."

If so, did you send the product to SIRIM for evaluation?
Nope, did not get the message and nope, didnt send to SIRIM for eval.
op9956
post Jul 29 2019, 03:03 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(donnwyt @ Oct 11 2018, 10:54 AM)

Some note:
Hello,I have order one phone from AliExpress less than RM500 and now malaysia kastam request me to provide Sirim
Are you using this website to register sirim onlne?
https://ecomm.sirim.my/

I tried but I cant register an account to process online 3-sirim
beverlykho
post Sep 24 2019, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(op9956 @ Jul 29 2019, 03:03 PM)
Hello,I have order one phone from AliExpress less than RM500 and now malaysia kastam request me to provide Sirim
Are you using this website to register sirim onlne?
https://ecomm.sirim.my/

I tried but I cant register an account to process online 3-sirim
Unfortunately the ecomm website is no longer used for Individual registrations. After 2 hours on the Internet and calling SIRIM QAS, here are the procedures to apply for the e-permit from SIRIM:

1) Email [email protected] and in the email subject state " Import Permit for Personal Usage.
2) Attach the airway bill given by the courier company.
3) SIRIM will send you 2 forms via email "Application for Special Approval for Communication and Multimedia Product" and "Application form for E-Permit (For Non-registered User)"
4) Fill up the form.
5) Deposit cash RM100 into SIRIM's RHB bank account 21245140086087 (SIRIM QAS INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD)
6) Reply SIRIM QAS' email, with the following documents attached:
a) IC copy (front and back)
b) Airway bill
c) Invoice
d) Brochure/ catalog of the item
e) Bank-in slip
7) Wait for reply email which will contain the following attachements:
a) E-Permit
b) Receipt of your RM100 payment
8) Send the E-Permit to the courier company.
9) Wait for your item to be delivered.

Attached are:
1. The 2 SIRIM forms

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sirim1.pdf ( 99.61k ) Number of downloads: 203
Attached File  Sirim2.pdf ( 81.53k ) Number of downloads: 161
dxchen
post Oct 11 2019, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(beverlykho @ Sep 24 2019, 11:29 AM)
Unfortunately the ecomm website is no longer used for Individual registrations. After 2 hours on the Internet and calling SIRIM QAS, here are the procedures to apply for the e-permit from SIRIM:
1) Email [email protected] and in the email subject state " Import Permit for Personal Usage.
2) Attach the airway bill given by the courier company.
3) SIRIM will send you 2 forms via email "Application for Special Approval for Communication and Multimedia Product" and "Application form for E-Permit (For Non-registered User)"
4) Fill up the form.
5) Deposit cash RM100 into SIRIM's RHB bank account 21245140086087 (SIRIM QAS INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD)
6) Reply SIRIM QAS' email, with the following documents attached:
    a) IC copy (front and back)
    b) Airway bill
    c) Invoice
    d) Brochure/ catalog of the item
    e) Bank-in slip
7) Wait for reply email which will contain the following attachements:
    a) E-Permit
    b) Receipt of your RM100 payment
8) Send the E-Permit to the courier company.
9) Wait for your item to be delivered.

Attached are:
1. The 2 SIRIM forms
Can I use this method for 500 units of Earphone products?
beverlykho
post Oct 15 2019, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(dxchen @ Oct 11 2019, 12:12 PM)
Can I use this method for 500 units of Earphone products?
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, one Permit is only for a maximum of 3 items.

This post has been edited by beverlykho: Oct 15 2019, 11:45 AM
regan1995
post Nov 27 2019, 10:11 PM

Probation
0 posts

I bought a mouse, accessory gear, headset parts (ear muffs and a ski band), and mouse pad from steelseries they sent it from warehouse at HONG KONG. Now it is stucked in custom, while filling the form you guys stated and provided specifically the company/business regis no. What do i fill if its for personal usage and i have no company/business
ktek
post Dec 4 2019, 04:41 AM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(regan1995 @ Nov 27 2019, 10:11 PM)
I bought a mouse, accessory gear, headset parts (ear muffs and a ski band), and mouse pad from steelseries they sent it from warehouse at HONG KONG. Now it is stucked in custom, while filling the form you guys stated and provided specifically the company/business regis no. What do i fill if its for personal usage and i have no company/business
write your name & ic. otherwise leave blank
lexaquilus
post Dec 17 2019, 11:51 AM

3 posts

Guys, last month I bought a Onewheel (https://onewheel.com/) and it got through customs no hassle, just need to pay tax when I received it from Fedex.

Last week my friend ordered another one, and now its stuck at customs and they say need to apply AP Permit. I'm confused, I thought permit only applies to motorized vehicles? This is a battery powered vehicle. Any advice on how to proceed on this?
ahmadkhairil
post Jul 28 2020, 07:42 PM

39 posts

It seems now has to be done online through SIRIM ecomm and individuals can register for it. Have just successfully imported a Bluetooth guitar amp from Hong Kong.

Procedure is very straight forward once registered and Clearance letter approval are updated online to download and forward to the forwarder. Paid rm40 only for it.
CallMeBin
post Aug 7 2020, 09:43 AM

Regular
1,220 posts

Hello guys,

Update as of August 7, 2020. It is just like ^ said.

Make an account and apply here: https://ecomm.sirim.my/

Please read these 2 manuals which helped me:
https://www.sirim-qas.com.my/wp-content/upl...etter_-Copy.pdf

http://www.dagangnet.com/infosite/eGuide/SRC/COA-Trader.pdf

I had trouble with the payment as the system didn't update the status after I made the payment. So I asked them on WhatsApp and sent them the receipt (You can also email them the receipt and let them know the issue). By next morning (like 9:30), my application was approved.

I believe if the system was able to update the application status automatically after you pay, your application would be approved within the same day (considering the working hours la).

Regarding cost, it's actually now either RM20 (Certified Product) or RM40 (Non Certified/New Product).

This post has been edited by CallMeBin: Aug 9 2020, 12:07 AM
K4leds
post Aug 9 2020, 12:42 AM

2 posts

Isn't supposed like the guide mentions if it's a certified product it'll be auto verified? Mine says waiting verification..

Edit: OK everything went fine. First I chose"new product" in the permit and entered the specs manually.
Then after that I understood I can just search the phone from the list so did another permit. Thinking the former would get rejected

Both got approved. Paid 20RM then the next day paid to DHL duty tax (which was the same estimate as in the awb invoice when it reached Malaysia) and it's on the way now.
Have to mention that DHL staff helped me fill in the ePermit. That call was over 15 minutes.

This post has been edited by K4leds: Aug 12 2020, 11:03 AM
lecutus
post Aug 28 2020, 04:39 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(CallMeBin @ Aug 7 2020, 09:43 AM)
Hello guys,

Update as of August 7, 2020. It is just like ^ said.

Make an account and apply here: https://ecomm.sirim.my/

Please read these 2 manuals which helped me:
https://www.sirim-qas.com.my/wp-content/upl...etter_-Copy.pdf

http://www.dagangnet.com/infosite/eGuide/SRC/COA-Trader.pdf

I had trouble with the payment as the system didn't update the status after I made the payment. So I asked them on WhatsApp and sent them the receipt (You can also email them the receipt and let them know the issue). By next morning (like 9:30), my application was approved.

I believe if the system was able to update the application status automatically after you pay, your application would be approved within the same day (considering the working hours la).

Regarding cost, it's actually now either RM20 (Certified Product) or RM40 (Non Certified/New Product).
Thanks for this - helped set me in the right direction.

Thankfully, the online process is pretty fast and mostly painless. I created and submitted my application at around 3AM and I got the permit/Clearance Letter around 2PM (so less than 12 hours).

Similarly, I had an issue with the payment acknowledgement as the system did not update the status after payment was made. If not for this issue, approval would have been much faster. But email support was surprisingly fast and very helpful.

Some tips:
- if you need help, send them an email at [email protected] They respond quickly. Forget about calling or using the Whatsapp hotline - no response there.
- the online form is not too complicated but it'll take some time to figure out what they are asking for. Some terms would be unfamiliar unless you are in the industry. Personally, I just guessed as best I could instead of asking for clarification and complicating things (I have a suspicion that they dont really pay too much attention to the details - so long as the info is provided, they can check the box and approve).
- my payment was made via credit card. To resolve the issue with my payment not being updated, I sent them email with my transaction code (obtained from calling the credit card center) and the last 4 digits of my credit card. Took SIRIM about an hour to update the payment. Not too shabby.

Moogle Stiltzkin
post Sep 26 2020, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,576 posts

in the sirim e comm my status there says

in overview
--------------

payment status: pending

under transaction details
--------------

remarks: Submit For approval

so i check in central payments, but i get this "Please select quotation need to pay.", but there is no quotation displayed.

So is it i just need to wait for this status to change after they verified? or is it there is something i need to do on my end for this to proceed along further from current status?

like the other poster pointed out, their instructions aren't too clear.

hjh87
post Nov 14 2020, 01:40 PM

On my way
600 posts

Guy, would like to check on which Customs Station to choose from? Package is now at KLIA custom cargo.
ben3003
post Yesterday, 04:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,693 posts

Guys, if i dont have the user manual, how to attach there? i am shipping a unit 2nd hand xbox series x from singapore for own use. For custom station, which station should i choose? i using DHL and it is at sorting facility.
ben3003
post Yesterday, 05:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,693 posts

QUOTE(K4leds @ Aug 9 2020, 12:42 AM)
Isn't supposed like the guide mentions if it's a certified product it'll be auto verified? Mine says waiting verification..

Edit: OK everything went fine. First I chose"new product" in the permit and entered the specs manually.
Then after that I understood I can just search the phone from the list so did another permit. Thinking the former would get rejected

Both got approved. Paid 20RM then the next day paid to DHL duty tax (which was the same estimate as in the awb invoice when it reached Malaysia) and it's on the way now.
Have to mention that DHL staff helped me fill in the ePermit. That call was over 15 minutes.
Bro did they ask for like the user manual etc? Did dhl charge u extra for helping u on epermit? Mine is dhl also now currently status is reject kastam need to provide additional info which i believe is sirim permit la.. now waiting for daylight to contact dhl. Btw the dhl contact sender or receiver?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0532sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2020 - 01:08 AM