Any help would be appreciated
EDIT: This is the procedure to apply for the permit
Just wanted to update everyone who might be interested, I went and applied for SIRIM special approval and the process was dead simple and cheap. The process went like this:
1) Downloaded, printed and filled form for E-Permit application and Special approval (see attachment) Thanks to user bv2427 for the documents
1a) If you don't know the Tariff code for your product, just search over here.
2) Print specification for hand phone being imported, in my case it was the Nexus 4 technical specs (use the Nexus 4 page on Google to print out the technical specs for the phone)
3) Get a copy of your IC or Passport
4) Print shipment and customs invoice (Ask your courier for the shipping invoice or pro-forma invoice)
5) Go to SIRIM HQ, Block 25
6) Hand all the documents in and pay the RM100 for the approval
7) You should receive the permit in about 3-5 hours
8) Send it to your courier and wait for them to process it and release your package from customs
Honestly, was worth more to learn the procedure to do this than pay RM300 to FedEx broker to do it for me. I saved RM200 by doing it myself which honestly didn't require much hassle at all. The SIRIM people are not helpful on the phone but if you go there in person, quite helpful and pleasant to deal with.
My advice is to always go in person and do it rather than call/email. Always easier. Just remember to have all the documents prepared to make it less hassle and time consuming.
Thanks everyone for the advice and hope this helps other people out!
This post has been edited by PeacefulDiscord: May 9 2014, 03:21 PM
epermit.zip ( 694.29k ) Number of downloads: 6798