166 Pages « < 157 158 159 160 161 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fund Investment Corner v3, Funds101

views

SUSyklooi
post Aug 6 2021, 02:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(familyfirst @ Aug 6 2021, 01:58 PM)
This is part of my diversification plan so I'm ready to hold for a max of 5 yrs.  Noted on the mental prep needed if there are losses along the way. 

Any other funds you would recommend?
Better form a portfolio instead of A fund
Unless this A fund is just gonna be x% of Yr net worth
aurora97
post Aug 8 2021, 05:09 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

Helo everyone, would like to know your thoughts and strategy on my current portfolio.

Portfolio currently limited to AffinHwang and Hong Leong, will add on Principal in the future.

AffinHwang

Fund - allocated - return
SAQF - 30% - 9.35%
SAPDF - 20% - 5.70%
SIF - 40% - 3.74%
SIPG - 5% - 5.65%
SIPI - 5% - 5.66%
GLBF (MYR-H) - less than 1% -5.49%
1TF - less than 1% - 3.24%

PRS Growth -100% - 58.74% (abt 7% p.a.)

SIPG & SIPI are mainly for long term savings. SIF is as a safe harbour to collect gains and DCA for other funds.

Hong Leong

HLVF - 100% - 1%

Missed the boat on China and Tech story but a bit apprehensive on themed based funds. It's like a one trick pony.

Ideally, the idea was to profit take from funds such as SAQF, SAPDF and 1TF then park it in SIF and then go out and whack some more when the NAV of the funds drop. The target for SAQF and 1TF are 10%, whereas for SAPDF is 8%.

SAQF is quite interesting, as I observed throughout the portfolio building process, it's hit -3% and jumps as high as 12%, within a span of a few months. There are opportunities to cash in the peaks and come back in when valleys appear.

HLVF still observing. The target is 10% as well.

Is profit taking the way or just invest conservatively as observe with PRS Growth, which gives a somewhat decent return of 7% p.a over a period of 8 years.

What you guys think?

This post has been edited by aurora97: Aug 8 2021, 05:15 PM
SUSyklooi
post Aug 8 2021, 05:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Aug 8 2021, 05:09 PM)
Helo everyone, would like to know your thoughts and strategy on my current portfolio.

Portfolio currently limited to AffinHwang and Hong Leong, will add on Principal in the future.

AffinHwang

SAQF - 30% - 9.35%
SAPDF - 20% - 5.70%
SIF - 40%  - 3.74%
SIPG - 5% - 5.65%
SIPI - 5% - 5.66%

SIPG & SIPI are mainly for long term savings. SIF is as a safe harbour to collect gains and DCA for other funds.

Hong Leong

HLVF - 100% - 1%

Missed the boat on China and Tech story but a bit apprehensive on themed based funds. It's like a one trick pony.

Ideally, the idea was to profit take from funds such as SAQF, SAPDF and 1TF then park it in SIF and then go out and whack some more when the NAV of the funds drop. The target for SAQF and 1TF are 10%, whereas for SAPDF is 8%.

SAQF is quite interesting, as I observed throughout the portfolio building process, it's hit -3% and jumps as high as 12%, within a span of a few months. There are opportunities to cash in the peaks and come back in when valleys appear.

Is profit taking the way or just invest conservatively as observe with PRS Growth, which gives a somewhat decent return of 7% p.a over a period of 8 years.

What you guys think?
what do i think?...
well, if the highlighted actions suits your preference and you liked it,...then just continue what you liked and suited your preference for you must have positives experience and knowledge of those adventures.
no right or wrong,...it is only wrong if that can make you sleepless at nights or impact your emotional wellbeing or your worklife or family life

jutamind
post Aug 8 2021, 08:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,204 posts

aurora97 how do you buy HLVF? What's the sales charge?

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Aug 8 2021, 05:09 PM)

AffinHwang

SAQF - 30% - 9.35%
SAPDF - 20% - 5.70%
SIF - 40%  - 3.74%
SIPG - 5% - 5.65%
SIPI - 5% - 5.66%

Hong Leong

HLVF - 100% - 1%

What you guys think?
aurora97
post Aug 8 2021, 09:05 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(jutamind @ Aug 8 2021, 08:18 PM)
aurora97 how do you buy HLVF? What's the sales charge?
you can buy through HLB or direct from HLAM. Get in touch with their agent. After that everything is transacted via online on HLAM's platform.

Max is 6% but i think mine is 3%? I donno, never got around to ask.
jutamind
post Aug 8 2021, 09:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,204 posts

So you bought through HLAM or HLB?

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Aug 8 2021, 09:05 PM)
you can buy through HLB or direct from HLAM. Get in touch with their agent. After that everything is transacted via online on HLAM's platform.

Max is 6% but i think mine is 3%? I donno, never got around to ask.
aurora97
post Aug 8 2021, 09:15 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(jutamind @ Aug 8 2021, 09:07 PM)
So you bought through HLAM or HLB?
HLAM.
RigerZ
post Sep 30 2021, 08:37 PM

On the way on the way
953 posts

Question:

What are the important points to look for in a unit trust annual/interim report and how should they be interpreted?

So far I can only find this blog https://limkimtong.wordpress.com/2007/02/28...nancial-tip-35/ which gives a fairly decent explanation. Is there anything else that was left out?
MUM
post Sep 30 2021, 09:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(RigerZ @ Sep 30 2021, 08:37 PM)
Question:

What are the important points to look for in a unit trust annual/interim report and how should they be interpreted?

So far I can only find this blog https://limkimtong.wordpress.com/2007/02/28...nancial-tip-35/ which gives a fairly decent explanation. Is there anything else that was left out?
maybe can seek these out for added compilation to the list of things....

Unit trusts: Making sense of fund documents and reports
https://www.moneysense.gov.sg/articles/2018...nts-and-reports

ask for the latest annual or interim report. Among the things you should look for are:
https://www.manulifeinvestment.com.my/Produ...t-In-Unit-Trust

How to read A Mutual Fund shareholder report
https://www.sec.gov/files/ib_readmfreport.pdf
LiverpoolFan
post Oct 1 2021, 01:11 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(belialjo @ May 17 2019, 12:01 PM)
25k USD, there’s a 10k USD entry fund but they’ve closed already I think. I’m new to this so appreciate some tips on what to look out for for these kinda funds.
I am the intermediary if you want PM
imbibug
post Dec 3 2021, 01:21 PM

Regular
1,670 posts

I was shown this UOB PRUValue Gain endowment plan and asked for advice. I know that this type of insurance endowment plans are typically not recommended. I haven't been keeping up with local investment plans/unit trusts so I'd like to ask for advice on any investment funds which will be better than this.

https://www.uob.com.my/personal/insure/sing...value-gain.page
MUM
post Dec 3 2021, 02:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(imbibug @ Dec 3 2021, 01:21 PM)
I was shown this UOB PRUValue Gain endowment plan and asked for advice. I know that this type of insurance endowment plans are typically not recommended. I haven't been keeping up with local investment plans/unit trusts so I'd like to ask for advice on any investment funds which will be better than this.

https://www.uob.com.my/personal/insure/sing...value-gain.page
Since the product is an insurance product,
Maybe you should ask in insurance thread?
imbibug
post Dec 3 2021, 03:01 PM

Regular
1,670 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Dec 3 2021, 02:05 PM)
Since the product is an insurance product,
Maybe you should ask in insurance thread?
I should've stated clearly, not interested in an insurance product. Want recommendations on investment products instead.
MUM
post Dec 3 2021, 03:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(imbibug @ Dec 3 2021, 03:01 PM)
I should've stated clearly, not interested in an insurance product. Want recommendations on investment products instead.
for recommendations on investment products....
hope you can narrow down the products that suits your risk, expected ROI and preferences.
for a start, maybe you can try read this...
singapore context,...but basically it will the the same for application to malaysia too.

Get started on your investment journey. Learn about different investment products and how to invest according to your goals, risk profile and circumstances.
https://www.moneysense.gov.sg/investments

benho88 P
post Dec 9 2021, 04:14 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(imbibug @ Dec 3 2021, 03:01 PM)
just go for funds that invest in strong indexes like NASDAQ, SNP 500, that have been going up consistently in the long term. one good fund is TA Global Technology which invests in US tech sectors
rebeka
post Dec 22 2021, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ May 17 2019, 12:07 PM)
found this on their website...

CP Global Asset Management Pte Ltd (“CP Global”) is a Registered Fund Management Company and Exempt Person Providing Financial Advisory Services regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (the “MAS”) in Singapore.
This website and/or the information therein are solely for the use of our clients, accredited investors (“AI”) (as defined in the Securities and Futures Act, Singapore) and such professional, sophisticated, accredited or qualified persons or investors (as defined in relevant jurisdictions) who have satisfied all relevant laws.

Qualification for AI status
Individuals
a) Net personal assets (“NPA”) exceed S$2 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), but net equity of primary residence capped at S$1 million of the S$2 million threshold; or
b) Net financial assets (“NFA”) (net of any related liabilities) exceed S$1 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
c) Income in the preceding 12 months is not less than S$300,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
d) A person who holds a joint account with an Accredited Investor, in respect of dealings through that joint account.
** They have few type of fund ,the above applies to type of fund with minimum investment of USD 100k , Not applicable to type of fund with minimum investment of USD25k & 10k

rebeka
post Dec 22 2021, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ May 17 2019, 12:07 PM)
found this on their website...

CP Global Asset Management Pte Ltd (“CP Global”) is a Registered Fund Management Company and Exempt Person Providing Financial Advisory Services regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (the “MAS”) in Singapore.
This website and/or the information therein are solely for the use of our clients, accredited investors (“AI”) (as defined in the Securities and Futures Act, Singapore) and such professional, sophisticated, accredited or qualified persons or investors (as defined in relevant jurisdictions) who have satisfied all relevant laws.

Qualification for AI status
Individuals
a) Net personal assets (“NPA”) exceed S$2 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), but net equity of primary residence capped at S$1 million of the S$2 million threshold; or
b) Net financial assets (“NFA”) (net of any related liabilities) exceed S$1 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
c) Income in the preceding 12 months is not less than S$300,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
d) A person who holds a joint account with an Accredited Investor, in respect of dealings through that joint account.
rebeka
post Dec 22 2021, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(rebeka @ Dec 22 2021, 04:19 PM)

They have few type of funds.

This qualification for AI status only applies to type of fund with minimum investment of USD 100k , Not applicable to type of fund with minimum investment of USD 25k & 10k.
MUM
post Dec 22 2021, 10:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(rebeka @ Dec 22 2021, 03:11 PM)
** They have few type of fund ,the above applies to type of fund with minimum investment of USD 100k , Not applicable to type of fund with minimum investment of USD25k & 10k
thumbsup.gif good info,
mind sharing the list of funds that does not requires to be an accredited investors (“AI”) and their minimum investments amount and preferably their related charges?
notworthy.gif
Avicted
post Dec 23 2021, 06:48 AM

6 posts

RHB Big Cap investment fund now not good?

166 Pages « < 157 158 159 160 161 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0302sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:23 PM