Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 >Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Dryer / Washer+Dryer, Eco save is the way!

EternalC
post Jan 2 2018, 01:12 PM

Take what you can, give nothing back
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Harddisk @ Jan 2 2018, 12:30 PM)
Smell like me, it's nice.  laugh.gif

It's fibre quilt, no idea if I could just wash it. Maybe hang under hot sun some day.
i washed mine, no problem tho laugh.gif

but you might wanna set it at a gentler setting. very fragile thing these comforters
ZZR-Pilot
post Jan 2 2018, 01:29 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(jence @ Jan 2 2018, 01:47 PM)
Good suggestion. But if I want to stack up my dryer would be hard isn’t? Is it okay to put washer horizontally?
If you have the space and your house layout allows it, build a concrete platform and put both front loader & dryer side by side. Never need tp bend down ever again.

But be mindful of the ventilation, as Halcyon pointed out. Don't cram them in some stuffy corner. You also need to ensure the wiring in the wall can take the electrical load of both machines.

ozak
post Jan 2 2018, 01:45 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(EternalC @ Jan 2 2018, 01:12 PM)

but you might wanna set it at a gentler setting. very fragile thing these comforters
Been washing/ dryer the comforter every month for many yrs. Never spoil a comforter at all.

What comforter that so fragile ?
EternalC
post Jan 2 2018, 01:48 PM

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 2 2018, 01:45 PM)
Been washing/ dryer the comforter every month for many yrs. Never spoil a comforter at all.

What comforter that so fragile ?
silk cover
ozak
post Jan 2 2018, 01:49 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jan 2 2018, 01:29 PM)
If you have the space and your house layout allows it, build a concrete platform and put both front loader & dryer side by side. Never need tp bend down ever again.

But be mindful of the ventilation, as Halcyon pointed out. Don't cram them in some stuffy corner. You also need to ensure the wiring in the wall can take the electrical load of both machines.
What so difficult to bend down ? It is not like take effort to bend and load into the WM.

Even you use top loader, you still have to bend down and take the cloth from the basket and load into the WM ontop.

Unless for old people ?

Is it everyday do the laundry ?
ozak
post Jan 2 2018, 01:50 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(EternalC @ Jan 2 2018, 01:48 PM)
silk cover
Does the silk cover have any laundry instruction? How to wash ?
EternalC
post Jan 2 2018, 01:55 PM

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 2 2018, 01:50 PM)
Does the silk cover have any laundry instruction? How to wash ?
yes they have, exact info i dont remember. i refer to it only when needed. i remember it says washing machine in gentle mode, dryer temp not so high things like that
Harddisk
post Jan 2 2018, 02:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jence @ Jan 2 2018, 12:47 PM)
Good suggestion. But if I want to stack up my dryer would be hard isn’t? Is it okay to put washer horizontally?
Side by side would be the best setup.

QUOTE(EternalC @ Jan 2 2018, 01:12 PM)

Will try, someday.

QUOTE(EternalC @ Jan 2 2018, 01:55 PM)
yes they have, exact info i dont remember. i refer to it only when needed. i remember it says washing machine in gentle mode, dryer temp not so high things like that
Gotta look for the washing instruction. No idea where I put it, or was there even 1. hmm.gif
ozak
post Jan 2 2018, 02:21 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(EternalC @ Jan 2 2018, 01:55 PM)
Follow the instruction. It will be fine.
EternalC
post Jan 2 2018, 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Harddisk @ Jan 2 2018, 02:20 PM)
Side by side would be the best setup.
Will try, someday.
Gotta look for the washing instruction. No idea where I put it, or was there even 1.  hmm.gif
tips: if you lost it, go to the supermarket selling it, look at the instruction of same series tongue.gif
ZZR-Pilot
post Jan 2 2018, 02:46 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 2 2018, 02:49 PM)
What so difficult to bend down ? It is not like take effort to bend and load into the WM.

Even you use top loader, you still have to bend down and take the cloth from the basket and load into the WM ontop.

Unless for old people ? 

Is it everyday do the laundry ?
I was just answering Jence's question. He is comparing top vs front loader and said with front loaders he might have to bend down to load and unload thru the front door.

So I shared with him what I did, although in my case the elevated platform is necessary in order for the front loader door to clear the toilet seat. However I do find that having the door raised to waist level and not needing to bend down so low to load/unload is a welcome benefit.

Either way, your clothes still get washed.
advocado
post Jan 2 2018, 03:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jan 2 2018, 02:46 PM)
I was just answering Jence's question. He is comparing top vs front loader and said with front loaders he might have to bend down to load and unload thru the front door.

So I shared with him what I did, although in my case the elevated platform is necessary in order for the front loader door to clear the toilet seat. However I do find that having the door raised to waist level and not needing to bend down so low to load/unload is a welcome benefit.

simple solution would be get a stool from ikea and sit down when loading unloading.

to stack the front loader high enough so you don't need to bend, you need to put in on a table or something.
Harddisk
post Jan 2 2018, 03:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jan 2 2018, 02:46 PM)

Alternatively, I use a small stool. Seated while stuffing clothes in.
ozak
post Jan 2 2018, 04:07 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 2 2018, 03:35 PM)
simple solution would be get a stool from ikea and sit down when loading unloading.

to stack the front loader high enough so you don't need to bend, you need to put in on a table or something.
QUOTE(Harddisk @ Jan 2 2018, 03:44 PM)
Alternatively, I use a small stool. Seated while stuffing clothes in.
How long you load the cloth into the WM?

It took me 30sec only.
advocado
post Jan 2 2018, 04:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 2 2018, 04:07 PM)
How long you load the cloth into the WM?

It took me 30sec only.
how long it take to sit down & get up?

30seconds if you just dump everything in. if you put them in washer bags and separate them will take longer time.

i'm assuming your dirty clothes basket is on the floor so if you put them in bags you still have to kneel down or sit down. you can put the dirty basket on some table and do everything on table but i would assume it's the same table you will use to sort out your cleaned clothes. whistling.gif

a stool can be used on multiple occasions, not just for loading clothes. if your washer is in toilet, the same stool can be used to sit when you wash your shoe or clothes manually.

if in kitchen, you can sit down when washing vege or making chilli padi. unless you do that on the table.
ozak
post Jan 2 2018, 04:46 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 2 2018, 04:36 PM)
how long it take to sit down & get up?

30seconds if you just dump everything in. if you put them in washer bags and separate them will take longer time.

i'm assuming your dirty clothes basket is on the floor so if you put them in bags you still have to kneel down or sit down. you can put the dirty basket on some table and do everything on table but i would assume it's the same table you will use to sort out your cleaned clothes.  whistling.gif

a stool can be used on multiple occasions, not just for loading clothes. if your washer is in toilet, the same stool can be used to sit when you wash your shoe or clothes manually.

if in kitchen, you can sit down when washing vege or making chilli padi. unless you do that on the table.
Even you stuff into washer bag, just pickup from the basket and stuff inside the bag, zip it and throw into the WM. My hand is long enough to throw into the WM with stand up. Don't need to bend at all. The only bending action is pick the cloth from the basket.

I have experience top loader and current front loader. I don't see it as problem or difficult or any issue at all.

I think the bending problem is mostly for the tall guy.
advocado
post Jan 2 2018, 04:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 2 2018, 04:46 PM)
Even you stuff into washer bag, just pickup from the basket and stuff inside the bag, zip it and throw into the WM. My hand is long enough to throw into the WM with stand up. Don't need to bend at all. The only bending action is pick the cloth from the basket.

I have experience top loader and current front loader. I don't see it as problem or difficult or any issue at all.

I think the bending problem is mostly for the tall guy.
i don't know how tall your dirty clothes basket is or whether you put it on the table but to pick up clothes and stuff in bag you prolly need to bend down. if you stuff them all in 1 bag sure you just need to do it once but if you separate clothes, delicate, socks etc it'd take few ups & downs that i rather sit on floor or a stool.
ozak
post Jan 2 2018, 05:12 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 2 2018, 04:52 PM)
i don't know how tall your dirty clothes basket is or whether you put it on the table but to pick up clothes and stuff in bag you prolly need to bend down. if you stuff them all in 1 bag sure you just need to do it once but if you separate clothes, delicate, socks etc it'd take few ups & downs that i rather sit on floor or a stool.
Dirty clothes basket is 600mm on the floor. My hand have to dig till the floor level. Pick the cloth and throw inside the WM is only 30sec. Took me 3 bend to pick the cloth if alot.

If require separate wash bag, take out the cloth, put aside ontop the WM. Put inside the bag, zip it and throw inside the WM. You don't require to bend.

If you take a stool and sit down slowly separate, it just slow down the job. Than I understand you will have to take a long time to finish the load.
advocado
post Jan 2 2018, 05:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 2 2018, 05:12 PM)
Dirty clothes basket is 600mm on the floor. My hand have to dig till the floor level. Pick the cloth and throw inside the WM is only 30sec. Took me 3 bend to pick the cloth if alot.

If require separate wash bag, take out the cloth, put aside ontop the WM. Put inside the bag, zip it and throw inside the WM. You don't require to bend.

If you take a stool and sit down slowly separate, it just slow down the job. Than I understand you will have to take a long time to finish the load.
then you should just tell the guy concerning about bending down to put clothes in washer that it only takes 3 bends lol.
EternalC
post Jan 3 2018, 08:13 AM

this troller is everywhere

21 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0788sec    5.99    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 11:15 AM