6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Authorised Service Providers, list of AASPs in Malaysia

views

yun2
post Apr 16 2014, 10:29 PM

45 posts

Hi all,
Wanted to share my experience with 2 AASPs MacCity and VR recently.

I had my MacBook Retina Pro sent to MacCity recently when it failed to turn on after complete battery drain. The staff who attended me basically just tried to plug in the MagSafe, saw that the light on the magsafe was not on, and asked me to send it in for diagnosis which costs RM100. I demanded for other options as I didn't quite trust them (the first time I sent in, after service my macbook cannot detect any wifi card, and it turned out to be their problem after arguing). Anyway, that guy dismissed me with a vague remark like it can be due to anything, so I said that I wanted to make a call first.

When I return some 5 mins later he was away, but I saw a service request prepared for me already - even though I said I need to think through first. I asked another staff to help me retrieve another power cable for testing, this time the MagSafe indicator was on. And glad enough, the other staff was much more helpful and listened to me explaining my research from the net (blow the dust off the connectors, reset SMC, use a bigger watt charger etc.). He then helped me to troubleshoot and did some tests on my mac behind the reception. Although he still failed at the end, I didn't turn in my mac for service, but I was glad that he helped to clear some questions i had before.

The next day I went to VR technology and spoke to Sandy. She was very helpful and immediately she send my macbook to her technician. Within 10 mins or so, I found my MacBook turned on and running again. Without a cost! The technician helped me to reset the SMC (something we tried in MacCity as well but with the wrong keys), and that was all he did to fix my problem. They also helped me to do some basic tests and said that my macbook has no issues, so there is no need to send in for service, which was good news to me.

I would give VR a 2 thumbs up for fast response, friendliness and their expertise. As for MacCity, I will never go there again even though they are much nearer to me. While I don't believe all the staff there are bad, the bad apples do spoil the bunch.. 2 times in a row.
BRY7
post Aug 30 2014, 10:21 AM

Siri: I'm your humble personal assistant
7,924 posts

Mac city doesn't have experience in troubleshooting Macs to be honest.
they're hiring college graduates who have zero technical knowledge of Macs
cakey_cake
post Oct 8 2014, 02:25 PM

8 posts

I have a question..can berjaya times square service center replace a new battery for iphone 5s which is still under waranty?i bought my iphone end of last year at celcom..

SUSitanium
post Oct 15 2014, 08:06 PM

I brake very late.
762 posts

QUOTE(cakey_cake @ Oct 8 2014, 02:25 PM)
I have a question..can berjaya times square service center replace a new battery for iphone 5s which is still under waranty?i bought my iphone end of last year at celcom..
Apple's standing on this is : device purchased thru carriers are to be sent back to carriers for warranty purposes. When in doubt, call 1800 803 638
cakey_cake
post Oct 20 2014, 12:04 AM

8 posts

much tq for the info..
JobCareer
post Nov 18 2014, 09:28 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

This post has been edited by JobCareer: Nov 18 2014, 03:53 PM
SUSitanium
post Feb 4 2015, 10:33 PM

I brake very late.
762 posts

Updated new ASP in Miri, Sarawak.
Xefron
post Feb 6 2015, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,507 posts

what's the current policy for iPhone under telco contract.my ip6 is having problem.mine is under celcom.

went to AASP in OU and they said i need to send it to Celcom,but Celcom Call Centre is telling the opposite.
Verblassen
post Feb 19 2015, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Anyone have any experience with the AASP in Gardens Midvalley?
SUSitanium
post Feb 19 2015, 06:01 PM

I brake very late.
762 posts

QUOTE(Xefron @ Feb 6 2015, 10:33 AM)
what's the current policy for iPhone under telco contract.my ip6 is having problem.mine is under celcom.

went to AASP in OU and they said i need to send it to Celcom,but Celcom Call Centre is telling the opposite.
The AASP is correct. They are instructed to only accept units sold thru Apple resellers, online store and authorised disti. They have very strict instructions not to accept carrier devices.

If i were the customer i would go to Celcom centre and demand to see the manager.

But as usual should the customer not able to get a satisfactory from carriers they will call AppleCare (1800803638) and in the end most likely will send the unit back to the AASP.
baoz
post Feb 24 2015, 06:48 PM

Enthusiast
955 posts

QUOTE(itanium @ Mar 13 2012, 01:27 AM)
Sabah :

MACHANICS@KK BY DIGITAL FORTRESS SDN BHD
DAMAI PLAZA PHASE 3, 1ST FLOOR, LOT 7, BLOCK B, WISMA CTF
KOTA KINABALU, SABAH 88300
+6012 827 2841, +6088 246 022

Hi guys, just like to share my bad experience with this AASP yesterday.

Summary:
Gave them my iPhone 5 (already outside warranty) to get a quote of how much to replace screen (slightly popped up) and sleep/wake button (not sensitive). They came out with my phone 5 mins later looking like an opened car bonnet and a missing home button. And they said that I gave them my phone without a home button and that with my swollen battery, they are unable to close back the phone properly.

No apology whatsoever. Both staff and manager have terrible customer service skills. The manager refuse to even come out and explain to me properly he just keep yelling to his staff to "explain to this customer who doesn't know and understand anything".

How can you send in something, before even repair already make it worse and with no guilt whatsoever. So angry.

Full story:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

It appears that a fellow forumer experienced something similar with his Mac. Read it here: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3004825/all.

I've emailed a complaint to their HQ but no reply of course. Also called Apple Malaysia to complain and they did apologise. Now awaiting for Apple Singapore to call me back. Next would be to complain to FOMCA.

Not a matter of how big or small the damage. But a matter of principle. I want this AASP to have his license revoked or something. He's the only AASP in Sabah and that makes him bloody arrogant.

This post has been edited by baoz: Feb 24 2015, 07:42 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
SUSitanium
post Feb 25 2015, 11:53 AM

I brake very late.
762 posts

Try to get in touch with AppleCare customer advisor at 1800 803 638. They should be able to sort this out for you.
BRY7
post Mar 6 2015, 11:11 AM

Siri: I'm your humble personal assistant
7,924 posts

sent my 15" rMBP to VR for a fan replacement back during CNY last month, service was efficient despite holiday period.
made use of my ACPP, had a screen and fan replaced so far
wwjdjcih
post Mar 8 2015, 03:33 PM

27 posts

I had several problems of my MacBook Pro. And I went to Mid Valley's "MACHINE" to ask the worker if they can help me out. Their services are really nice. I have ever been to any "MACHINE" service as good as them.
zyde
post Jun 13 2015, 07:19 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

Do harvey norman is apple authorize reseller?
SUSitanium
post Jun 13 2015, 07:48 PM

I brake very late.
762 posts

QUOTE(zyde @ Jun 13 2015, 07:19 PM)
Do harvey norman is apple authorize reseller?
Ppl like Harvey Norman and SenQ are consumer electronic outlets authorised by Apple. Not too sure about Harvey but SenQ iPhones are from Digi hence you have to send back to the telco for warranty issues. Other iOS devices or macs can be serviced by any ASP
officeBoy
post Jun 27 2015, 10:10 PM

Enthusiast
788 posts

Hey Sifu,

I got the MBP which is still under warranty and I bought it from official apple online - delivery from S'pore, just found the charger got problem as not able to charge the notebook, the charger doesn't show any light when on it is charging.

My question, is the charger claimable? can i send it to any apple store ?

Thanks ahead!
SUSitanium
post Jun 27 2015, 10:44 PM

I brake very late.
762 posts

QUOTE(officeBoy @ Jun 27 2015, 10:10 PM)
Hey Sifu,

I got the MBP which is still under warranty and I bought it from official apple online - delivery from S'pore, just found the charger got problem as not able to charge the notebook, the charger doesn't show any light when on it is charging.

My question, is the charger claimable? can i send it to any apple store ?

Thanks ahead!
Should not be an issue. Bring the Mac along as they need to run a diagnostic. It's an sop thinggie so pls make life easy for the SC 😀
officeBoy
post Jun 27 2015, 11:36 PM

Enthusiast
788 posts

You means we can send to machine store too?

QUOTE(itanium @ Jun 27 2015, 10:44 PM)
Should not be an issue. Bring the Mac along as they need to run a diagnostic. It's an sop thinggie so pls make life easy for the SC 😀
officeBoy
post Jun 28 2015, 04:38 PM

Enthusiast
788 posts

Just in case it help to others, Machine store will not accept for replacement, we have to go to Midvalley or KLCC Apple store.

QUOTE(officeBoy @ Jun 27 2015, 11:36 PM)
You means we can send to machine store too?

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:43 AM