Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Authorised Service Providers, list of AASPs in Malaysia

views

yun2
post Apr 16 2014, 10:29 PM

45 posts

Hi all,
Wanted to share my experience with 2 AASPs MacCity and VR recently.

I had my MacBook Retina Pro sent to MacCity recently when it failed to turn on after complete battery drain. The staff who attended me basically just tried to plug in the MagSafe, saw that the light on the magsafe was not on, and asked me to send it in for diagnosis which costs RM100. I demanded for other options as I didn't quite trust them (the first time I sent in, after service my macbook cannot detect any wifi card, and it turned out to be their problem after arguing). Anyway, that guy dismissed me with a vague remark like it can be due to anything, so I said that I wanted to make a call first.

When I return some 5 mins later he was away, but I saw a service request prepared for me already - even though I said I need to think through first. I asked another staff to help me retrieve another power cable for testing, this time the MagSafe indicator was on. And glad enough, the other staff was much more helpful and listened to me explaining my research from the net (blow the dust off the connectors, reset SMC, use a bigger watt charger etc.). He then helped me to troubleshoot and did some tests on my mac behind the reception. Although he still failed at the end, I didn't turn in my mac for service, but I was glad that he helped to clear some questions i had before.

The next day I went to VR technology and spoke to Sandy. She was very helpful and immediately she send my macbook to her technician. Within 10 mins or so, I found my MacBook turned on and running again. Without a cost! The technician helped me to reset the SMC (something we tried in MacCity as well but with the wrong keys), and that was all he did to fix my problem. They also helped me to do some basic tests and said that my macbook has no issues, so there is no need to send in for service, which was good news to me.

I would give VR a 2 thumbs up for fast response, friendliness and their expertise. As for MacCity, I will never go there again even though they are much nearer to me. While I don't believe all the staff there are bad, the bad apples do spoil the bunch.. 2 times in a row.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:11 PM