Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

39 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

regan96
post Feb 7 2020, 10:35 PM

On my way
581 posts

I am planning to do car name ownership.
Seller is my aunt who is working in KL and the person who is buying is at Perak studying and both cant travel. Is there a way where to do name transfer from respective states?
makky
post Jun 7 2020, 12:03 AM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(kelvin_ck1 @ May 16 2019, 12:34 PM)
Just had ownwership changed and here are some Puspakom tips.

Tip 1 - When you booked and appointment online, make sure you book the correct inspection. Mine, the puspakom website did not show B5 or B7 inspection (I suspect that I used Firefox rather than IE)  and I booked some pemasangan tempatan inspection hoping that they can change on the spot. No, they can't or they don't want. Need to pay another RM31.80 for the correct B5 inspection.

Tip 2 - Tear down your front windscreen tint. Without tinting my original windscreen VLT is 79% therefore with tint, I would not have passed the puspakom test and need to go for another test which will take me at least 2 hours waiting.
Hai, do puspakom check the rear passenger side tints too? Since new regulations allow 0% tint on the back..
Steven_aka_G
post Jun 9 2020, 05:02 PM

On my way
519 posts

Hi guys, wondering if you guys can enlighten something for me. I bought my car second hand years ago and have signed the change of ownership form previously at JPJ. Problem is I lost my copy. Is there a way for me to get another one from JPJ? What's the process like?
elvatra
post Jun 26 2020, 03:33 PM

36 posts

Hi all Sifu, want to ask. have a car just recently completely paid off. i want to transfer the ownership to others. no require for any loan or buying cash. just transfer to my wife. What are the process?

As far i saw from the first page,

1. go puspakom/ call and make appointment to ask them come over to pass the car.
2. Once passed,
is buy insurance first or both current and new owner go to jpj to perform transfer of ownership.
3. then only renew roadtax.

is this the correct steps?

Chrix
post Jun 26 2020, 06:17 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(elvatra @ Jun 26 2020, 03:33 PM)
Hi all Sifu, want to ask. have a car just recently completely paid off. i want to transfer the ownership to others. no require for any loan or buying cash. just transfer to my wife. What are the process?

As far i saw from the first page,

1. go puspakom/ call and make appointment to ask them come over to pass the car.
2. Once passed,
is buy insurance first or both current and new owner  go to jpj to perform transfer of ownership.
3. then only renew roadtax.

is this the correct steps?
1. Call puspakom do b5 inspection. Rm30 or 35 tak silap
2. New owner buy insurance first.
3. Go jpj tukar nama, RM100. Boleh continue/new roadtax
elvatra
post Jul 1 2020, 03:10 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Jun 26 2020, 06:17 PM)
Thanks for the information. its really helps. the car roadtax is almost due. will see if possible to renew the roadtax in the same time.
ahwai
post Jul 3 2020, 01:03 PM

Casual
445 posts

anyone needs insurance for ownership transfer can pm me
UnknownH
post Jul 5 2020, 05:10 PM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Jun 26 2020, 06:17 PM)
Similar to my situation. Car free of any loan. Want to transfer ownership but the car insurance and roadtax due.
What are the steps? Already booked a slot with Puspakom. Next two weeks.
Should I settle puspakom inspection first? Or should I renew the roadtax and insurance first?
Chrix
post Jul 5 2020, 08:00 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(UnknownH @ Jul 5 2020, 05:10 PM)
Similar to my situation. Car free of any loan. Want to transfer ownership but the car insurance and roadtax due.
What are the steps? Already booked a slot with Puspakom. Next two weeks.
Should I settle puspakom inspection first? Or should I renew the roadtax and insurance first?
Puspakom valid for 30days,so it's ok.

New owner must buy insurance & effective date must be on or later JPJ procedure.

Roadtax new owner can buy new at JPJ sekaligus.
amscouzach57
post Jul 5 2020, 08:20 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Jun 9 2020, 05:02 PM)
Hi guys, wondering if you guys can enlighten something for me. I bought my car second hand years ago and have signed the change of ownership form previously at JPJ. Problem is I lost my copy. Is there a way for me to get another one from JPJ? What's the process like?
Just go to JPJ & bring your IC. Request to print new VOC certificate for the Car. You need to pay rm50 if I'm not mistaken
amscouzach57
post Jul 5 2020, 08:23 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE($kidzl @ Jan 21 2020, 07:49 PM)
Hi guys.

How long does it takes for the bank to release an eBatal assuming that if I make a full settlement by 9am in the morning? Can it be done in the same day?
For my case, it was less than an hour.
TRAZE99
post Jul 28 2020, 11:34 AM

Casual
357 posts

Okey this is for cash buyer only ...
Step1.
Bring car to puspakom (B5) inspection
Only bring original geran and print out the QR online booking form.
Wait your result come out.(pass or fail)
Result will only valid for 30 days .

Step 2
Option 1(if the seller is from different state )
Ask go any nearest jpj and do the electronic thumbprint transfer.
Only bring people and ic and photostep geran will do .
He might need to fill in JPJK3 form (can ask from counter).
The thumbprint will only validate for 7 days....so must kautim transfer in those period .
Everything here is FREE.(seller bare no fees)
(Procedure continue with option 2 but without the presence of seller)

Option 2
(If both seller and buyer can attend jpj at the same time)
Go to counter ,take your number and take JPJK3 form and fill it up....one copy is enough .
Wait for your number to arrived.both go counter and do bio thumprint.
Than on the spot will reprint new geran with buyer name .fees Rm100

Document required:
JPJK3 form
Original geran
Old car road tax(must hand in)
New insurance bought by buyer (optional ) or you can do name transfer first than buy insurance later.

This is sample of the JPJK3 form....can download from online too.
Attached Image

KATEGORY :1
KELAS KEGUNAAN : PERSENDIRIAN

This post has been edited by TRAZE99: Jul 28 2020, 11:38 AM
Mattrock
post Jul 28 2020, 11:08 PM

Casual
346 posts

My dad passed away and his car is under his name. Two questions:

1. How do I trasfer the car to my name?

2. Is the current insurance policy still valid, i.e. if I drive the car before transfer is done, will I be insured if something happens? The policy only expires in November.

Thanks in advance.
Chrix
post Jul 29 2020, 07:55 AM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(Mattrock @ Jul 28 2020, 11:08 PM)

2. Is the current insurance policy still valid, i.e. if I drive the car before transfer is done, will I be insured if something happens? The policy only expires in November.

Thanks in advance.
If I remember correctly, it can be transferred to next of kin, but I cannot recall the process. Enquire with JPJ. My late granddad car was transferred to grandma, then sold off, so it’s possible.

Good question on insurance part, wonder if still valid is policy holder is deceased.
gier
post Aug 18 2020, 04:25 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Mattrock @ Jul 28 2020, 11:08 PM)

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

This may be a bit late but in case you've not gotten a definitive answer yet, I'll posit mine:

For 1, you would need to have a legal letter, whether it's from the high court or pusaka kecil, that says that you are the inheritor of the vehicle. This is on the assumption other heirs had given their share of the car to you (which would be stated in the letter of authority).

For 2, the short answer is no. The policy is voided upon the death of the holder.

Hope this helps somewhat.

michjfro
post Aug 24 2020, 12:08 PM

1 posts

Need a B5 but my tyres are bad - anyone know if you need good tyres to pass B5?

Chrix
post Aug 24 2020, 04:06 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(michjfro @ Aug 24 2020, 12:08 PM)
I've never seen them check tires for B5.
amscouzach57
post Aug 24 2020, 04:15 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(michjfro @ Aug 24 2020, 12:08 PM)
B5 inspection only checks
1. Chassis number
2. Engine number
3. Windscreen & side mirror VLT
4. Chassis condition.

Tyres check & suspension maybe for B2 inspection
azarimy
post Sep 2 2020, 12:09 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Oct 19 2011, 01:42 PM)
I've seen this question quite a few times here and there, just thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who need to DIY cause runner fee's are RIDICULOUS.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fees.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring the vehicle to puspakom for inspection with geran/registration card. Request for a form at the counter. Complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5 - if new owner buys with cash
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase/car loan, once done provide approval slip to bank and bank will do name transfer on their side, you pay the bank rm300-400 depends on the banks...they call this transfer fee if I'm not mistaken.

-please remove your tint if it's too dark yourself by going over to an accesory shop, they can charge between rm30-60 depends on car/place etc.. if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there or just fail you.
-some are even open on saturdays for those who are busy working during weekdays. can check out their site
Puspakom Branches and Opening Hours

Update:
3.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above., request change of ownership(tukar nama) document at front desk. Fill form of new and old owners details. Obtain que number from front desk and proceed to counter for IC and thumbrpint verification for both new and old vehicle owner.

4.If one party is out of state, they can go to their respective JPJ branch and complete the procedure seperately.
For those who cant go to jpj directly:

Runner fees for inspection can range from rm80-rm150, and change name rm300. for those who dont have time, can use this services. For those who needs special request due to punched engine number, mounting modification, no approvla for sunroof etc or aka special case, you have no choice but to bare the fee's of a runner which is going to cost definitely more than Rm150 for special case. I even heard of Rm1k for this kind of situations.

Prepare your geran, photocopy of IC buyer and seller and hand over to runner. He will also need the original signed copy of the forms mentioned above.

ADDED:

For those who want, can aslo call puspakom 03-20527474 and schedule an appointment 3 days in advance to come over to your house and perform the inspection Rm100 service fee+rm30. However only certain branches can offer this services, so check at the link above or contact them.
ADDED - Hire Purchase
I want to ask about item 2.:

a. I'm selling my car to my brother, but he's gonna pay me installments (not a loan). This is considered cash, right? Do we need to provide details or proof?

b. Is it possible to FAIL the puspakom test? Does it mean I can't sell my car?
Chrix
post Sep 2 2020, 03:21 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Sep 2 2020, 12:09 PM)
I want to ask about item 2.:

a. I'm selling my car to my brother, but he's gonna pay me installments (not a loan). This is considered cash, right? Do we need to provide details or proof?

b. Is it possible to FAIL the puspakom test? Does it mean I can't sell my car?
Your quoting a 9year old post.

a. If does not involve loan from financial institution, then just change name @ JPJ. Assuming vehicle is already paid off & released by bank.
b. Ofcourse its possible to fail, thats the point. Fail = not fit to transfer ownership.

39 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:55 AM