Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

39 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 01:42 PM, updated 7y ago

Casual
315 posts

I've seen this question quite a few times here and there, just thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who need to DIY cause runner fee's are RIDICULOUS.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fees.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring the vehicle to puspakom for inspection with geran/registration card. Request for a form at the counter. Complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5 - if new owner buys with cash
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase/car loan, once done provide approval slip to bank and bank will do name transfer on their side, you pay the bank rm300-400 depends on the banks...they call this transfer fee if I'm not mistaken.

-please remove your tint if it's too dark yourself by going over to an accesory shop, they can charge between rm30-60 depends on car/place etc.. if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there or just fail you.
-some are even open on saturdays for those who are busy working during weekdays. can check out their site
Puspakom Branches and Opening Hours

Update:
3.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above., request change of ownership(tukar nama) document at front desk. Fill form of new and old owners details. Obtain que number from front desk and proceed to counter for IC and thumbrpint verification for both new and old vehicle owner.

4.If one party is out of state, they can go to their respective JPJ branch and complete the procedure seperately.

For those who cant go to jpj directly:

Runner fees for inspection can range from rm80-rm150, and change name rm300. for those who dont have time, can use this services. For those who needs special request due to punched engine number, mounting modification, no approvla for sunroof etc or aka special case, you have no choice but to bare the fee's of a runner which is going to cost definitely more than Rm150 for special case. I even heard of Rm1k for this kind of situations.

Prepare your geran, photocopy of IC buyer and seller and hand over to runner. He will also need the original signed copy of the forms mentioned above.

ADDED:

For those who want, can aslo call puspakom 03-20527474 and schedule an appointment 3 days in advance to come over to your house and perform the inspection Rm100 service fee+rm30. However only certain branches can offer this services, so check at the link above or contact them.

ADDED - Hire Purchase

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Jun 16 2016, 02:47 PM)
Yes this is true. There have been changes to the rules...If im not wrong about 2 years ago roughly... maybe more... Your car must be fully settled before you can sell it. This si to protect the interest of used car dealers, as these days we dont need them thanks to the internet.
So the banks, will willingly approve loans without advising the buyer that the sellers car must be fully settled, so when the seller says he cant fully pay the loan, the buyer needs to pay a cancellation fee with the bank... So its a win win situation.
Because you only have these options.

Option 1.

Seller hires service of a used car dealer to do invoicing and used car will settle the bank loan for you.. Then process the sale, then the buyer's bank releases the money to used car... any excess or shortage can be retrieved or paid to the used car dealer. This fee can range between 2k-5k , depending on the loan outstanding amount.

Option 2
Buyer cancels the loan due to seller unable to settle the car loan. But buyer will be charged with cancellation fee by the bank who approved his/her loan, this can be argued i believe if the bank approved the loan without asking/advising that the car must be cleared of any hire purchase. It will be a long and annoying fight

Option 3
Buyer and seller work out a deal to payoff the amount charged by used car for their fees. Maybe 50/50 etc.

Option 4
Seller clears the loan him/herself and wait for the disbursement by the buyers bank, you'll get back the cash
I hope this message reaches out to all sellers and buyers, because i feel this is really absurd. the way banks and the dealerships is playing around with the people. So before you get stuck in this cycle, PLEASE let your friends and family know.... if you are buying or selling a car, ALWAYS check if it has an existing loan, then advise the seller that it must be cleared before you apply for a new loan. Once you apply and approved, they win.
This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Jul 28 2017, 12:11 PM
imperialrealcs
post Oct 19 2011, 02:44 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Oct 19 2011, 01:42 PM)
Ive seen this question quite a few times here and there, just thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who needs to DIY cause runner fee's are RIDICULOUS.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fee's.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring car to puspakom to complete inspection with geran/registration card. Request for form at the counter. complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5 - if new owner buys with cash
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase.
-please remove your tint if its too dark yourself if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there
-some are even open on saturdays for those who are busy working during weekdays. can check out their site
Puspakom Branches and Opening Hours

3.Once done, print out chang of ownership form 2 copies or go to the nearest used car dealer and get the form from them. One for buyer and one for seller. A copy of each IC, sign on the form together with right THUMBPRINT. (it is not indicated on the form which finger,so please take note). If buyer or seller are from different states, can be done via courier/post, only original is accepted.

Tukar Milik JPJ Forms

4.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above.
Runner fees for inspection can range from rm80-rm150, and change name rm300. for those who dont have time, can use this services. For those who needs special request due to punched engine number, mounting modification, no approvla for sunroof etc or aka special case, you have no choice but to bare the fee's of a runner which is going to cost definitely more than Rm150 for special case. I even heard of Rm1k for this kind of situations.
the bolded one seems wrong. just last 2 weeks i went to puspakom and this second hand car failed the test because the tint is over spec. i didnt notice puspakom staff tearing it off as its still intact. the owner have no choice but to remove it and go for inspection again. of course, say bye bye to the fees
TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 02:52 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Oct 19 2011, 02:44 PM)
the bolded one seems wrong. just last 2 weeks i went to puspakom and this second hand car failed the test because the tint is over spec. i didnt notice puspakom staff tearing it off as its still intact. the owner have no choice but to remove it and go for inspection again. of course, say bye bye to the fees
its case to case basis. puspakom or like any other goverment agency in malaysia, they have their mood.

in my side, they will ask the car owner/runner, tinted too dark, either take your car remove yourself (fee's byebye), or allow them to tear it off on the spot. if on the spot, the gum will remain and need to send to an accesory shop, to use their chemicals to remove/wash the gum....

so to avoid any of this from happening...kindly ensure your tinted is not dark or is the approved kind before going to puspakom.

This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Oct 19 2011, 02:53 PM
yOuNg$tEr
post Oct 19 2011, 06:32 PM

Enthusiast
728 posts

Where does the loan application prpcess fit in?smile.gif thanks.
TSWira_lover
post Oct 19 2011, 08:58 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(yOuNg$tEr @ Oct 19 2011, 06:32 PM)
Where does the loan application prpcess fit in?smile.gif thanks.
if the car is purchased with hire purchase@car loan, then you need to do inspection B5 & B7 and provide that slip to the bank. and the transfer will be done by the banks runner
bukanmain
post Oct 19 2011, 11:05 PM

I'm only 20,still learning..
1,711 posts

tinted actually if too dark you can nego say "saya koyak skrng bang,lepas tu abg check blk boleh? nnt kena dtg blk bang"

ive seen lots of cars did it when i DIY myself
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Oct 19 2011, 11:05 PM)
tinted actually if too dark you can nego say "saya koyak skrng bang,lepas tu abg check blk boleh? nnt kena dtg blk bang"

ive seen lots of cars did it when i DIY myself
depends on place la bro...

if the place ok...they will ask you if want tear or not...if ur tint like VIP like that i think they straight will fail you...im not sure...no matter what also... if they ask you can choose...if they dont ask...try nego....if they still insist...your bad luck.

thats why i mention too avoid all this unnecesary problems with puspakom, please make sure your tint is not too dark. if it is please remove before you go. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Wira_lover: Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM
Quazacolt
post Oct 20 2011, 09:51 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

good write up/guides, perhaps if possible you can include their door to door services for those who cant goto jpj directly themselves?

also reported the thread to mods to get it pinned biggrin.gif
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 10:39 AM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 20 2011, 09:51 AM)
good write up/guides, perhaps if possible you can include their door to door services for those who cant goto jpj directly themselves?

also reported the thread to mods to get it pinned biggrin.gif
hmm i added alr right bro? the part where you can use runner services if you are tied up with work or not able to personally handle. icon_rolleyes.gif
Quazacolt
post Oct 20 2011, 12:43 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Wira_lover @ Oct 20 2011, 10:39 AM)
hmm i added alr right bro? the part where you can use runner services if you are tied up with work or not able to personally handle.  icon_rolleyes.gif
not runner service, jpj themselves come to your house to do inspection at your house
TSWira_lover
post Oct 20 2011, 02:05 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Oct 20 2011, 12:43 PM)
not runner service, jpj themselves come to your house to do inspection at your house
owhhh... my bad. yup added puspakom home inspection.
kelvyn
post Dec 6 2011, 05:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

According to JPJ regulations, the buyer is supposed to register his name as the new owner within 2 weeks.
How could a seller be assured that the vehicle that he has sold off has be transferred from his name to the buyer if he either sells then to 2nd hand car dealer or trade-in?
Any mechanism to protect the Seller? As we have been hearing lots of horror stories....
atah
post Dec 9 2011, 11:24 PM

On my way
633 posts

Hi, got some URGENT questions here.

I'm helping my bro to sell his bike. But he's currently in Penang. So is it OK if he has form TM-AB signed by a pesuruhjaya sumpah, and he will sign the form JPJK3, then courier it to me?

Then I will take the signed forms and go to JPJ with the buyer to do the name transfer. The buyer will then have his TM-AB form witnessed by the JPJ officer.

Is the above acceptable by JPJ?

Thanks

kelvyn
post Dec 10 2011, 08:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

QUOTE(atah @ Dec 10 2011, 12:24 AM)
Hi, got some URGENT questions here.

I'm helping my bro to sell his bike. But he's currently in Penang. So is it OK if he has form TM-AB signed by a pesuruhjaya sumpah, and he will sign the form JPJK3, then courier it to me?

Then I will take the signed forms and go to JPJ with the buyer to do the name transfer. The buyer will then have his TM-AB form witnessed by the JPJ officer.

Is the above acceptable by JPJ?

Thanks
That should be the way to go around that. If the buyer is present at JPJ, he does not need to have the TM-AB.
Happen to asked at JPJ last week about this.
@lowyat
post Dec 10 2011, 09:03 AM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Dec 10 2011, 08:42 AM)
That should be the way to go around that. If the buyer is present at JPJ, he does not need to have the TM-AB.
Happen to asked at JPJ last week about this.
Good info rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by @lowyat: Dec 10 2011, 09:09 AM
jepakazoid_82
post Jan 9 2013, 09:00 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

How much is the door to door service provided by the so called touts nowadays? Read on the star that these touts caused normal people like us to wait for hours at Puspakom.
alexkos
post Apr 15 2013, 09:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,201 posts

i have a situation....

my friend is in kl, his car in kl. I want to buy his car. I am in perak.

So, he will need to go to puspakom in kl, get inspected.
Then, he will need to go to jpj office, get the JPJK3 form, signed and thumbprinted. Also get his IC certified true copied.

Then, he will pass the forms, car registration card, certified true copy IC to the runner, ask the runner to drive the car up to perak.

Then i will get the car, go to JPJ, submit my JPJK3 + his JPJK3, show puspakom evidence, buy insurance on the spot, pay RM100 for transfer fee. and win....

is it like that? Is there any other way to ease the seller? my seller is not very free also....

please help.
ddeee
post Apr 16 2013, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Anyone can provide the estimated breakdown for everything to transfer the car ownership? I was quoted roughly 1600 all in by the SA who i got my car from.
MYstombox
post Jul 10 2013, 01:13 PM

Wired!
2,240 posts

Here's an update on the costs:

Puspakom inspection for name change B5 form - RM30 , ensure you retain the receipt

Puspakom mobile inspection - Add RM100 to any inspection cost

Name change at JPJ - RM100

Things you need to prepare:

1) JPJK3 - 2 copies, seller and buyer must sign on BOTH copies
2) TM-AB form - 2 copies, Buyer and seller IC photocopied and paste on TM-AB form and certified true (if not present), if present, just cut/paste the photocopy onto the TM-AB form
3) TM-1 form -> Checklist, that buyer has to tick and sign relevant points
4) JKJK2 - Original grant, ensure that seller has signed the column at the back if he is not first owner
5) Puspakom B5 with receipt - You have 30 days to transfer the vehicle, from the date on the B5 form
6) RM100 transfer fees
7) Insurance coverage in YOUR name on the vehicle, you can bring the photocopy grant to your insurance agent and purchase a 1 year insurance for name change. No matter if date start/end don't match with road tax, can extend your insurance once the car in your name.

These are all you need, no need to pay runner anything.
For the TM-AB, you can ask the seller to get it stamped by any commissioner of oath as well.

So for ddeee -> I am not including the cost of your insurance, as this depends on value of vehicle and NCD.

RM30 inspection + RM100 = RM130 minimum for name change

These are what I did recently, and to be honest I saved a lot of money instead of using runners.
jwrx
post Jul 10 2013, 01:22 PM

On my way
515 posts

Great thread. I just hope ppl search b4 asking again and again.

Update: as of 2010+ many puspakom centre will not allow you to tear off your tint in the puspakom lane and allow you to pass.

Its a straight fail, you have to go off, remove all tint, come back again.

btw if you are sure your tint is within spec, ask them to redo the reading in front of you, if they refuse, ask to see the manager

39 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:23 PM