Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 >Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

post Dec 15 2018, 01:59 PM

Workaholic
Group: Senior Member

is page 1 procedure still valid?
macam easy je....
ImSIEBEL
post Dec 23 2018, 04:21 AM

| Mile High Club |

Quick question, do they use a device to check tint percentage ? I have tint on my car which i install this year and was told by shop its according to spec but i takut go inspection they say too dark. Later burn inspection fee.

Also got few saman under the no plate if i check online, do i have to clear those police saman when doing interchange ?

This post has been edited by ImSIEBEL: Dec 23 2018, 04:22 AM
pillage2001
post Jan 17 2019, 12:34 AM

Regular

Not too sure if this is the place to ask but.....am interested in a car from sabah but I am over in PG......am wondering what's the overall process? I will prolly go over to Sabah to take a look at the car myself but what about changing name and all? I haven't sold a car before and wanna check about the exchange of $$.....do I pay then change name or change name then pay?

Also, I heard it's not doable but loan for a 14 year old car..is it doable?
Chrix
post Jan 17 2019, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Jan 17 2019, 12:34 AM)
Not too sure if this is the place to ask but.....am interested in a car from sabah but I am over in PG......am wondering what's the overall process? I will prolly go over to Sabah to take a look at the car myself but what about changing name and all? I haven't sold a car before and wanna check about the exchange of $$.....do I pay then change name or change name then pay?

Also, I heard it's not doable but loan for a 14 year old car..is it doable?
Should be same process no matter east or west MY, just add in the fee & procedure (and time) to bring the car to west.

Its usually best to pay the seller via bank draft / bankers cheque.

When to pay is negotiated between buyer & seller, usually you'll have to foot the deposit... then the the cheque can be handed over right when transfer of name is done.

As for loan for 14yr old car, I believe this would be a credit loan. Not the usual vehicle hire purchase loan.
cfa28
post Feb 22 2019, 06:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

My friend wants to transfer ownership of the father car to his name.

Reason is cos father is very old and has no other assets, so doing a will is probably more expensive.

Plus the car is very old (20 years) and is not road worthy any more.

Friend intends to scrap the car after the transfer is done.

Any advice on how to do the transfers without inspection at puspakom cos guaranteed won't pass.

Many thanks

To add.. The car has no insurance cos the father is more than 80 years old and hence no road tax also.

This post has been edited by cfa28: Feb 22 2019, 06:29 PM
HippyTony
post Feb 22 2019, 07:12 PM

Casual

QUOTE(cfa28 @ Feb 22 2019, 06:25 PM)
My friend wants to transfer ownership of the father car to his name.

Reason is cos father is very old and has no other assets, so doing a will is probably more expensive.

Plus the car is very old  (20 years) and is not road worthy any more.

Friend intends to scrap the car after the transfer is done.

Any advice on how to do the transfers without inspection at puspakom cos guaranteed won't pass.

Many thanks

To add.. The car has no insurance cos the father is more than 80 years old and hence no road tax also.
Since your friend's father car is going to be scrapped, don’t bother to change ownership, 2 options to have it scrapped.
Go directly to the shop, filled the required forms, car registration, plus copy of his father IC, the shop will provide free tow service to collect the car. This is the easiest option.
Or
The official way, go to JPJ.

cfa28
post Feb 23 2019, 07:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(HippyTony @ Feb 22 2019, 07:12 PM)
Since your friend's father car is going to be scrapped, don’t bother to change ownership, 2 options to have it scrapped.
Go directly to the shop, filled the required forms, car registration, plus copy of his father IC, the shop will provide free tow service to collect the car. This is the easiest option.
Or
Thanks Bro for your prompt response. But my friend just told me another family issue that the mother does not want to scrap the car now as the car porch will be empty and ppl will think that there is nobody at home.

Very complicated family issue so friend just want to transport ownership if possible and scrap after parents pass away.

Any additional advice is much appreciated.
Chrix
post Feb 23 2019, 11:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cfa28 @ Feb 23 2019, 07:16 AM)
Thanks Bro for your prompt response.  But my friend just told me another family issue that the mother does not want to scrap the car now as the car porch will be empty and ppl will think that there is nobody at home.

Very complicated family issue so friend just want to transport ownership if possible and scrap after parents pass away.

Any additional advice is much appreciated.
What is the point if after transfer, the vehicle will not be used anyway? To transfer owner must have insurance coverage & pass puspakom.

cfa28
post Feb 23 2019, 11:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Chrix @ Feb 23 2019, 11:28 AM)
What is the point  if after transfer, the vehicle will not be used anyway? To transfer owner must have insurance coverage & pass puspakom.
Many thanks for your prompt response again.

So to transfer must have insurance coverage.

Will tell my friend that better to just scrap now
adamhzm90
post Mar 9 2019, 02:06 PM

Enthusiast

Just did my puspakom inspection.

Took less than one hour on Saturday. Book and paid online at Puspakom online.

Now next step to clear bank loan and proceed with name transfer
Micky78
post Mar 9 2019, 11:42 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(adamhzm90 @ Mar 9 2019, 02:06 PM)
Just did my puspakom inspection.

Took less than one hour on Saturday. Book and paid online at Puspakom online.

Now next step to clear bank loan and proceed with name transfer
need to inform puspakom reasons of inspection? the fees will be same?
adamhzm90
post Mar 10 2019, 12:45 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Micky78 @ Mar 9 2019, 11:42 PM)
need to inform puspakom reasons of inspection? the fees will be same?
No reason needed. Just select type of inspection to match your need.

Exp i chose b5 inspection for the change of ownership.
kratosgrab
post Mar 13 2019, 05:31 PM

hi wta, if i want a used car which currently under finance. The seller want me to settle his loan and balance pay to him. Im fine with it but he dont want to pass me his car prior ownership transfer. Bank requires 3 days processing time to come out with the release letter. So what can i do or secure myself as a buyer here? What if the seller refused to do ownership transfer after i settle his loan? He neither want to release his car to me....how to solve this matter? I dont believe to have an agreement btwn seller and buyer as in law, it doesnt work unless agreement between buyer and the bank. Any solution?
Chrix
post Mar 13 2019, 07:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kratosgrab @ Mar 13 2019, 05:31 PM)
The seller want me to settle his loan
If ur best friend ask u settle his loan, janji air liur to transfer name to u later....will you?

If no, why u think reasonable for this stranger to request this?

I met before this type of ppl, I told him no way. His response, how does he know if I’m sincere. Hahaha, right. Needless to say my BS meter is working fine.

Unless u desperate, and must have this car..then all the risk is on ur side while seller has none.

This post has been edited by Chrix: Mar 13 2019, 07:26 PM
cfa28
post Mar 24 2019, 12:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(HippyTony @ Feb 22 2019, 07:12 PM)
Or
Hey Bro, seeking your advice again.

You said go to shop... To fill the forms.

Do you have any contact for this

Many thanks again
HippyTony
post Mar 24 2019, 01:47 PM

Casual

QUOTE(cfa28 @ Mar 24 2019, 12:11 PM)
Hey Bro, seeking your advice again.

You said go to shop... To fill the forms.

Do you have any contact for this

Many thanks again
I don’t have the contact anymore. It’s about 5 years since I scrapped my car. The shop I went to is near Giant USJ1, Subang Jaya. There are a 2 or 3 along Persiaran Subang.

Additional info for you, if you scrapped the car officially with JPJ you can opt to scrapped just the car body and sell the engine separately but this is a hassle unless you already have a buyer for the engine. I think the scrap value for the car body will be lesser.
cfa28
post Mar 24 2019, 04:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(HippyTony @ Mar 24 2019, 01:47 PM)
I don’t have the contact anymore. It’s about 5 years since I scrapped my car. The shop I went to is near Giant USJ1, Subang Jaya. There are a 2 or 3 along Persiaran Subang.

Additional info for you, if you scrapped the car officially with JPJ you can opt to scrapped just the car body and sell the engine separately but this is a hassle unless you already have a buyer for the engine. I think the scrap value for the car body will be lesser.
Okay thanks again for the help
klep10
post Mar 24 2019, 08:33 PM

Group: Newbie

Hi guys
If the buyer is foreginer in kl city then do I need to go to a specific branch of JPJ or any branch will be able to process the transfer process?
Ryurox2020
post Apr 3 2019, 03:26 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys

If lets say i am selling a my car which is less than a year old there is no need to go puspakom right? Just go jpj and get it done over there?
6UE5T
post May 12 2019, 10:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(klep10 @ Mar 24 2019, 08:33 PM)
Hi guys
If the buyer is foreginer in kl city then do I need to go to a specific branch of JPJ or any branch will be able to process the transfer process?
Cannot go to UTC branches, Myst go to real branches.

QUOTE(Ryurox2020 @ Apr 3 2019, 03:26 PM)
Hi guys

If lets say i am selling a my car which is less than a year old there is no need to go puspakom right? Just go jpj and get it done over there?
No, still need Puspakom to validate the chassis no, engine no, and legality of the time darkness.

29 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0612sec    4.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st May 2019 - 11:15 PM