Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages « < 27 28 29 30 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

Joseph Hahn
post May 15 2019, 02:31 PM

kpop k
6,326 posts

Guys halp... i'll be selling my car and it seems like a foreginer is interested. I've never sold a car before so i have no idea what's the procedure. Moreover when a foreigner is involved. How eh?
kelvin_ck1
post May 16 2019, 11:34 AM

39 posts

Just had ownwership changed and here are some Puspakom tips.

Tip 1 - When you booked and appointment online, make sure you book the correct inspection. Mine, the puspakom website did not show B5 or B7 inspection (I suspect that I used Firefox rather than IE) and I booked some pemasangan tempatan inspection hoping that they can change on the spot. No, they can't or they don't want. Need to pay another RM31.80 for the correct B5 inspection.

Tip 2 - Tear down your front windscreen tint. Without tinting my original windscreen VLT is 79% therefore with tint, I would not have passed the puspakom test and need to go for another test which will take me at least 2 hours waiting.

ReadySteadyGo
post May 22 2019, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Here's my case.
1. Seller is based overseas but parents are still in Malaysia (Selangor).
2. Seller's current hire purchase loan is the same which I am currently using for loan agreement for this car (my current car loan has been paid up but they are giving me a very good interest rate).
3. Seller's early settlement amount is slightly higher by RM5k than his selling price to me.
4. I am only taking 50% loan of the sale price.

Questions:
1. Can seller write a letter authorizing his father to represent him in the puspakom inspection? or even me as the buyer to represent him?
2. Can the bank arrange for runner to perform all the JPJ requirements without having me or seller to be present since the details are with them already?
3. Can I pay the full amount of the 50% of the car price to the bank in the form of a bank draft, and then the bank can use part of that amount to close the seller account (the 5K top up)
4. Should I obtain a revised bill of sale less the RM5K from the seller since the bank is going to use my bank draft to close seller account?
5. Can the bank act on my behalf to keep the balance amount (due from me to seller after the top-up) to be paid to him only when the car has changed ownership?

6UE5T
post May 27 2019, 11:37 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(Joseph Hahn @ May 15 2019, 02:31 PM)
Guys halp... i'll be selling my car and it seems like a foreginer is interested. I've never sold a car before so i have no idea what's the procedure. Moreover when a foreigner is involved. How eh?
No difference in procedure. I'm a foreigner and I have bought and sold cars for cash here in Malaysia already. You as the seller still need to go do puspakom inspection then both of you need to go JPJ for title transfer. Just that the foreigner buyer needs to bring passport instead of IC.

QUOTE(kelvin_ck1 @ May 16 2019, 11:34 AM)
Just had ownwership changed and here are some Puspakom tips.

Tip 1 - When you booked and appointment online, make sure you book the correct inspection. Mine, the puspakom website did not show B5 or B7 inspection (I suspect that I used Firefox rather than IE)  and I booked some pemasangan tempatan inspection hoping that they can change on the spot. No, they can't or they don't want. Need to pay another RM31.80 for the correct B5 inspection.

Tip 2 - Tear down your front windscreen tint. Without tinting my original windscreen VLT is 79% therefore with tint, I would not have passed the puspakom test and need to go for another test which will take me at least 2 hours waiting.
Tip 2 not entirely necessary if your tint is as per JPJ regulation. I didn't have to tear down any tint of mine and it still passed.
legioss
post Jun 21 2019, 03:42 PM

Casual
460 posts

Hi, can i ask, after i did the puspakom inspection, that puspakom certification is valid for how long for car ownership transfer purpose? Supposing that i will do the inspection and then visit jpj on another day.
Chrix
post Jun 22 2019, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(legioss @ Jun 21 2019, 03:42 PM)
Hi, can i ask, after i did the puspakom inspection, that puspakom certification is valid for how long for car ownership transfer purpose? Supposing that i will do the inspection and then visit jpj on another day.
Expiry date should be written on cert. Anyway it's a month from date of passed inspection

ahwai
post Jul 19 2019, 02:41 PM

Casual
350 posts

Remember to buy insurance cover note for ownership change as well
sjneow
post Jul 24 2019, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Question: If I buy a new car, do a plate swap with my old car(perform the plate swap inspection in the process), and immediately sell my old car, do I still need to do the Transfer of Ownership inspection? I know the plate swap inspection already checks all the stuff Transfer of Ownership checks.
abubin
post Oct 29 2019, 03:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,335 posts

4.If one party is out of state, they can go to their respective JPJ branch and complete the procedure seperately.

1) what does the seller need to prepare when go to JPJ? Regcard?

2) what does the buyer need to prepare when go to JPJ. Assuming step 1 need to be done first. Regcard?
sharp56
post Nov 10 2019, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

Penang and Butterworth region - Change of car ownership. Can I go for puspakom inspection without appointment on monday since today is Sunday, a non working day? Which puspakom usually is the least busy and quickest?
lee1988
post Nov 20 2019, 09:37 AM

1 posts

Hi all , is there a need to puspakom check if the car is finish payment loan and swap ownership among family member ?
coolkwc
post Nov 20 2019, 05:18 PM

Fall in love with audio again.
2,944 posts

Nowadays no bank would accept car loan if without dealer, so i would say the guide on the 1st page isn't relevant anymore, or are they?

I also would like to DIY on 2nd hand car purchase back in March this year, went to few banks for loan and they told me the same thing, so i end up give up and pass to runner for all these procedure.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Nov 20 2019, 05:19 PM
Tellmeyourstory
post Nov 24 2019, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Situation:

Passed B5 inspection
Roadtax expired more than 1 year - failed B2

Question:
Do I re-do the B2 inspection before or after transfer ownership
Can transfer ownership done without b2 inspection?

Thank you

fishmango
post Dec 15 2019, 02:49 PM

Enthusiast
745 posts

Hi sifu,
I bought used car. Done B5 inspection. Next is to do owner name change. The car still got 4 months road tax and insurance. So after I change owner name still can use d old road tax and insurance? Or what to do?
SophieTaylor P
post Jan 2 2020, 02:39 PM

Probation
3 posts

Thanks for the great information.
cocolala
post Jan 2 2020, 02:46 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(lee1988 @ Nov 20 2019, 09:37 AM)
Hi all , is there a need to puspakom check if the car is finish payment loan and swap ownership among family member ?
Yes need. I’ve done that.
poteryu
post Jan 5 2020, 10:00 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

sharing my own experience transfer ownership by myself. 2 case within 6 month.

----CASE 1------ transfer name within family
Buy insurance on the receiver person details + car plate number.
If you not sure, just snap photo of IC and geran to your insurance agent, (start date can be day of transfer at JPJ)

Went to take down front and 2 front side tint (passenger and driver), worried too dark for puspakom check
Apply puspakom online for appointment with mobile app
Bring appointment printout and car ownership slip ( aka geran) to puspakom site, stop outside gate outside and talk to guard to know the steps,
Guard see my appointment slip and ask to direct go queue up at CAR lane.

When in queue, passed the appointment slip and geran to a lady staff, she adds another form and clips all together , asked me to put on windscreen.
Other uncles tell me to put car on neutral and release hand break, so staff can push your car forward later.

Arrived gate at 830am, already 5 car in queue, puspakom staff already started working on cars in front of queue, waiting until 930 am until my turn.

Staff check window VLT, chassis and engine number, also took out door rubber to see if any CUTs ( i believed its to check if kereta potong)
My car had cramp engine compartment, they took 10 mins to figure out the location where the engine serial etched.

when done, the staff will help u drive to the car park waiting area. Now you need to wait for the report slips. (wait in aircond room)
it was a looonnggg wait (30 mins)
Out by 11am, with result slip in hand.

I went JPJ with my family member next day,
bring IC and geran, and RM100

Was given a form to filled (fill in personal details of both parties)
After form filled only number will be given.
Wait for turn, then officer will scan both IC and thumbprint, with new Geran Issued with RM100 payment
Road tax re-used, no need canceled, no need redo/pay.
(also surprised JPJ didnt asked for puspakom result slip, maybe in sistem dy)

No people was there on 830 am, in and out within 15 mins.

Then re-tinted car.

I also applied for insurance refund for the remaining period. (seller side)
Send your account details to your agent, or contact your insurance company.
--- CASE 1 DONE -----

----CASE 2------ Buying 2nd hand car (cash deal without loan)
Closed deal with seller (stranger) a 1k deposit, took photo of IC and geran.
Seller agree to do puspakom himself, paid by him.
Seller agree to only set day for transfer after puspakom confirm pass. (Both of us salary man, cant simply take OFF)

Bought Insurance after seller confirmed puspakom passed and confirm JPJ ownership transfer date.

Meet seller at JPJ, filled out form and signed both parties.
Got the queue number.

I transferred the remaining balance to the seller when our number is almost there.
Seller agree for me to reuse road tax. I pay the RM100 transfer fee to JPJ.

Same situation in case 1, in and out within 15 mins.

And I drive away a "new" car.
--- CASE 2 DONE -----

Good luck in your car purchases smile.gif
nghoongen
post Jan 10 2020, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

Planning to purchase a used car. Is it possible to swap my current car number plate onto the "new" used car?
vvv
post Jan 14 2020, 12:21 AM

Enthusiast
832 posts

QUOTE(poteryu @ Jan 5 2020, 10:00 PM)
sharing my own experience transfer ownership by myself.  2 case within 6 month.

----CASE 2------ Buying 2nd hand car (cash deal without loan)
Closed deal with seller (stranger) a 1k deposit, took photo of IC and geran.
Seller agree to do puspakom himself, paid by him.
Seller agree to only set day for transfer after puspakom confirm pass. (Both of us salary man, cant simply take OFF)

Bought Insurance after seller confirmed puspakom passed and confirm JPJ ownership transfer date.

Meet seller at JPJ, filled out form and signed both parties.
Got the queue number. 

I transferred the remaining balance to the seller when our number is almost there.
Seller agree for me to reuse road tax. I pay the RM100 transfer fee to JPJ.

Same situation in case 1, in and out within 15 mins.

And I drive away a "new" car.
--- CASE 2 DONE -----

Good luck in your car purchases smile.gif
just wanna confirm does buyer need to buy insurance beforehand, only JPJ allow transfer?

or can buy insurance after done JPJ transfer?
poteryu
post Jan 14 2020, 09:33 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(vvv @ Jan 14 2020, 12:21 AM)
just wanna confirm does buyer need to buy insurance beforehand, only JPJ allow transfer?

or can buy insurance after done JPJ transfer?
U can buy right after u done the transfer as well.
JPJ wont check whether u have the insurance or not.

The worry here is if u met an accident right after u drive away from JPJ.

Cheers icon_rolleyes.gif

30 Pages « < 27 28 29 30 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0513sec    0.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2020 - 03:15 AM