Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

Joseph Hahn
post May 15 2019, 02:31 PM

kpop k
6,246 posts

Guys halp... i'll be selling my car and it seems like a foreginer is interested. I've never sold a car before so i have no idea what's the procedure. Moreover when a foreigner is involved. How eh?
kelvin_ck1
post May 16 2019, 11:34 AM

37 posts

Just had ownwership changed and here are some Puspakom tips.

Tip 1 - When you booked and appointment online, make sure you book the correct inspection. Mine, the puspakom website did not show B5 or B7 inspection (I suspect that I used Firefox rather than IE) and I booked some pemasangan tempatan inspection hoping that they can change on the spot. No, they can't or they don't want. Need to pay another RM31.80 for the correct B5 inspection.

Tip 2 - Tear down your front windscreen tint. Without tinting my original windscreen VLT is 79% therefore with tint, I would not have passed the puspakom test and need to go for another test which will take me at least 2 hours waiting.

ReadySteadyGo
post May 22 2019, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Here's my case.
1. Seller is based overseas but parents are still in Malaysia (Selangor).
2. Seller's current hire purchase loan is the same which I am currently using for loan agreement for this car (my current car loan has been paid up but they are giving me a very good interest rate).
3. Seller's early settlement amount is slightly higher by RM5k than his selling price to me.
4. I am only taking 50% loan of the sale price.

Questions:
1. Can seller write a letter authorizing his father to represent him in the puspakom inspection? or even me as the buyer to represent him?
2. Can the bank arrange for runner to perform all the JPJ requirements without having me or seller to be present since the details are with them already?
3. Can I pay the full amount of the 50% of the car price to the bank in the form of a bank draft, and then the bank can use part of that amount to close the seller account (the 5K top up)
4. Should I obtain a revised bill of sale less the RM5K from the seller since the bank is going to use my bank draft to close seller account?
5. Can the bank act on my behalf to keep the balance amount (due from me to seller after the top-up) to be paid to him only when the car has changed ownership?

6UE5T
post May 27 2019, 11:37 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(Joseph Hahn @ May 15 2019, 02:31 PM)
Guys halp... i'll be selling my car and it seems like a foreginer is interested. I've never sold a car before so i have no idea what's the procedure. Moreover when a foreigner is involved. How eh?
No difference in procedure. I'm a foreigner and I have bought and sold cars for cash here in Malaysia already. You as the seller still need to go do puspakom inspection then both of you need to go JPJ for title transfer. Just that the foreigner buyer needs to bring passport instead of IC.

QUOTE(kelvin_ck1 @ May 16 2019, 11:34 AM)
Just had ownwership changed and here are some Puspakom tips.

Tip 1 - When you booked and appointment online, make sure you book the correct inspection. Mine, the puspakom website did not show B5 or B7 inspection (I suspect that I used Firefox rather than IE)  and I booked some pemasangan tempatan inspection hoping that they can change on the spot. No, they can't or they don't want. Need to pay another RM31.80 for the correct B5 inspection.

Tip 2 - Tear down your front windscreen tint. Without tinting my original windscreen VLT is 79% therefore with tint, I would not have passed the puspakom test and need to go for another test which will take me at least 2 hours waiting.
Tip 2 not entirely necessary if your tint is as per JPJ regulation. I didn't have to tear down any tint of mine and it still passed.
legioss
post Jun 21 2019, 03:42 PM

Casual
460 posts

Hi, can i ask, after i did the puspakom inspection, that puspakom certification is valid for how long for car ownership transfer purpose? Supposing that i will do the inspection and then visit jpj on another day.
Chrix
post Jun 22 2019, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(legioss @ Jun 21 2019, 03:42 PM)
Hi, can i ask, after i did the puspakom inspection, that puspakom certification is valid for how long for car ownership transfer purpose? Supposing that i will do the inspection and then visit jpj on another day.
Expiry date should be written on cert. Anyway it's a month from date of passed inspection

ahwai
post Jul 19 2019, 02:41 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

Remember to buy insurance cover note for ownership change as well
sjneow
post Jul 24 2019, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Question: If I buy a new car, do a plate swap with my old car(perform the plate swap inspection in the process), and immediately sell my old car, do I still need to do the Transfer of Ownership inspection? I know the plate swap inspection already checks all the stuff Transfer of Ownership checks.

29 Pages « < 27 28 29Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0750sec    2.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 09:29 AM