azbro
post Apr 27 2017, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

I'll be getting the Q10Pro

My requirement

Video:
I using for my old Panny 720p Plasma
I use the Plasma for the hall, I simply like the Plasma blacks. (I also have other FullHD LED TV in other rooms, yet I luv the plasma)
I dont need for High Res or 3D stuff

Audio:
I using Coaxial Cable from Media Player to my old skool Dolby/DTS Amp.
I need Dolby and DTS, no need super high HD audio whatever.

Media:
Currently, I download all my MKV to watch on my Dune player, my Files are kept in the USB hardrive connected to the Router
But I need more than that, especially for online streaming. My friend show me a lot of stuff can be found in Kodi, no need to download anymore.

My Dune player getting very old, and not much or any apps for it except youtube sad.gif

Is the Q10Pro ok for me?
I wanna use it for Kodi, Live channels and play my MKV files.

Thank you for any advice
GuyM
post Apr 27 2017, 10:06 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

I would believe it will meet your current and future needs since you have the budget plus it's a solid built product and support
voncrane
post Apr 27 2017, 10:20 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(ramarao @ Apr 27 2017, 08:22 AM)
I'm using VPN. The problem for me is to install SLING TV app to Q10
And the problem is??

QUOTE(azbro @ Apr 27 2017, 09:47 AM)

My requirement

Video:
I use the Plasma for the hall, I simply like the Plasma blacks. (I also have other FullHD LED TV in other rooms, yet I luv the plasma)

Audio:

Media:
Currently, I download all my MKV to watch on my Dune player, my Files are kept in the USB hardrive connected to the Router
But I need more than that, especially for online streaming. My friend show me a lot of stuff can be found in Kodi, no need to download anymore.

My Dune player getting very old, and not much or any apps for it except youtube sad.gif

Is the Q10Pro ok for me?

Thank you for any advice
Initial assessment: Overkill, especially for a 720p TV and just DD/DTS over a coaxial connection. Haven't used such connection with an Android box and unsure if passthrough capabilities are possible or if Kodi will simply process the audio and send out as stereo/PCM-ish.

Final thoughts: Yeah, as GuyM pointed out. No budget concerns? It's a decent device which will serve well into the future. At least the next 3+ years. Won't readily get obsolete.
plumberly
post Apr 27 2017, 10:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Apr 27 2017, 09:47 AM)

My requirement

Video:

Audio:

Media:

Is the Q10Pro ok for me?

Thank you for any advice
Good choice on Q10 Pro!

Like Voncrane has said, the old 720p TV is not doing justice to Q10 Pro capabilities. Strongly recommend to get a TV with :

* 10 bits colors
* HDR (high dynamic range)

That will raise your visual viewing enjoyment to another level with Q10 Pro!

And also get a sub woofer for your AVR!

Ha.
azbro
post Apr 27 2017, 10:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Apr 27 2017, 10:40 AM)
Good choice on Q10 Pro!

Like Voncrane has said, the old 720p TV is not doing justice to Q10 Pro capabilities. Strongly recommend to get a TV with :

* 10 bits colors
* HDR (high dynamic range)

That will raise your visual viewing enjoyment to another level with Q10 Pro!

And also get a sub woofer for your AVR!

Ha.
hmm...so far most panels I see, even the Sony LED in my bedroom, colors too forced

Any Panel to recommend based on your specs? dun want RM7K stufflah..
GuyM
post Apr 27 2017, 11:08 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Apr 27 2017, 10:59 AM)
hmm...so far most panels I see, even the Sony LED in my bedroom, colors too forced

That one wait for the Sharp guy to comment or even Vomcrane may have lots to share......πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

It's detailing a bit....πŸ˜‡
plumberly
post Apr 27 2017, 11:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

RM6999 boleh? Ha.

Still waiting for my Pana to fail before getting mine. I am also into Pana plasma TV. One of the most satisfied products I bought so far.

Keep an eye on Seng Heng, they have good promotion now and then.
dwRK
post Apr 27 2017, 11:38 AM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

The Q10 pro is fine, not really overkill assuming you have a good plasma. Most people have not seen anything close to a Kuro or something wink.gif The Dolby Vision processing will bring out the best...

The Q10 pro is on Android 7.1... future proof for at least the next 5 years... and if / when you upgrade your panel, you're already set

4K HDR is the rage now, but IMHO is not everything laugh.gif ...I prefer BIG! biggrin.gif

However, you do not seem to play with settings and to optimize / calibrate your tvs...maybe you should check it out too... it helps the pictures tremendously... search youtube and read up on google..

azbro
post Apr 27 2017, 11:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Apr 27 2017, 11:34 AM)
RM6999 boleh? Ha.

Still waiting for my Pana to fail before getting mine. I am also into Pana plasma TV. One of the most satisfied products I bought so far.

Keep an eye on Seng Heng, they have good promotion now and then.
Actually i bought a Sony LED to replace it, but before I did, I compared it very long side by side...Although the Plasma not as detailed, it gave a smoother image and the blacks still rocks. End up I put the LED in the bedroom.
azbro
post Apr 27 2017, 11:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Apr 27 2017, 11:38 AM)
The Q10 pro is fine, not really overkill assuming you have a good plasma. Most people have not seen anything close to a Kuro or something wink.gif The Dolby Vision processing will bring out the best...

The Q10 pro is on Android 7.1... future proof for at least the next 5 years... and if / when you upgrade your panel, you're already set

4K HDR is the rage now, but IMHO is not everything laugh.gif ...I prefer BIG! biggrin.gif

However, you do not seem to play with settings and to optimize / calibrate your tvs...maybe you should check it out too... it helps the pictures tremendously... search youtube and read up on google..
Thanks I think I'll get it for the Hall connected to the home system

And probably get a lower range one for the bedroom for a simple box to TV setup.
dwRK
post Apr 27 2017, 12:16 PM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Apr 27 2017, 11:47 AM)
Thanks I think I'll get it for the Hall connected to the home system

And probably get a lower range one for the bedroom for a simple box to TV setup.
Your Sony is Android TV? Can load apps on it?

BTW, simplest to tone down the colors is to change to cinema or theater color mode...check if you didn't accidentally set to sports or dynamic mode...
azbro
post Apr 27 2017, 01:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

OK guys thanks for the reply, going to order the Q10Pro

Last question on the purchase...

What remote control (or air mouse) good for it, my fingers are big so I need something bigger buttons to type on.

Thanks all
plumberly
post Apr 27 2017, 01:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Apr 27 2017, 01:04 PM)

What remote control (or air mouse) good for it, my fingers are big so I need something bigger buttons to type on.

Thanks all
2 suggestions:

AA
Trimming program for your fingers! Ha.

BB
I am using Logitech wireless keyboard. A lot easier than using the screen keyboard. Suggest getting the one with button-light. Yes, even during day time with window opened (but no room light), still need some help on which buttons to press! Ha.

Enjoy your new toy!
azbro
post Apr 27 2017, 01:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Apr 27 2017, 01:17 PM)
2 suggestions:

AA
Trimming program for your fingers! Ha.

BB
I am using Logitech wireless keyboard. A lot easier than using the screen keyboard. Suggest getting the one with button-light.  Yes, even during day time with window opened (but no room light), still need some help on which buttons to press! Ha.

Enjoy your new toy!
Your suggestion on logitech lited Keyboard cost RM400++!

I think I just get those Rii I8 style keyboards

thanks for the inputs on the light
voncrane
post Apr 27 2017, 02:45 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Apr 27 2017, 01:45 PM)

I think I just get those Rii  I8 style keyboards

Lol... Taking budget advice from cash-rich plumberly.. Should have known when he suggested adding a sub to your AVR setup.. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Thing is Logitech makes very solid & durable products compared to cheaper brands.. Well duh, it's cheaper.. Based off my experiences with their PC wireless keyboards and mouse. Unless one got a defected unit or purposely set out to destroy it. Those buggers last me years with daily hammering. Not a single key issue. Want to use that one remote to lord over all devices and remotes? Then there's the Logitech Harmony series.. brows.gif

On the cheaper side, the Measy RC11 or Minix Neo A2 Lite/newer Neo A3 remote should suffice (cuz not puny).. By malaysian standards, I'm considered Hulk-like tongue.gif and so got larger thumbs too. Been using the Minix Neo A2 Lite. It has a sturdy grip and keys are well spaced out and very comfortable to type with. Build quality 10/10.. No back-lit keys though. The Minix remotes are made for Minix devices, but can work with other devices, just all the Minix device-specific keys/features won't work on a non-Minix device.
plumberly
post Apr 27 2017, 03:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 27 2017, 02:45 PM)
Lol... Taking budget advice from cash-rich plumberly.. Should have known when he suggested adding a sub to your AVR setup..  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

Cash rich?

Think I better go to see the bank manager and demand why the 3 zeros are missing at the end of my bank balance! Ha.
GuyM
post Apr 27 2017, 04:29 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

Thanks all
You what the girls says abt guys with big thumbs right? 😜😜😜
AVFAN
post Apr 27 2017, 07:22 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

Thanks all
if u buy the q10pro and spend time learning all it can do, u need not buy another box for next 3 yrs at least. smile.gif

QUOTE(azbro @ Apr 27 2017, 01:45 PM)

I think I just get those Rii  I8 style keyboards

if using a box for the first time, my advice to u... try it with a wireless mouse - try with existing or buy one RM40-50.

do not spend on any keyboard until u r sure u can't live with remote + wireless mouse!
voncrane
post Apr 27 2017, 08:19 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Apr 27 2017, 03:50 PM)
Cash rich?

Think I better go to see the bank manager and demand why the 3 zeros are missing at the end of my bank balance! Ha.
Account balance: Β£9,999,999, ΜΆ0ΜΆ0ΜΆ0ΜΆ

Still looks rich to me.. brows.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE(GuyM @ Apr 27 2017, 04:29 PM)
You what the girls says abt guys with big thumbs right? 😜😜😜
I thought it was about long fingers or feet.. Pray tell sir, what do the girls say? innocent.gif innocent.gif
-Typed with big thumbs via mobile.
plumberly
post Apr 27 2017, 09:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 27 2017, 08:19 PM)
Account balance: Β£9,999,999, ΜΆ0ΜΆ0ΜΆ0ΜΆ

-Typed with big thumbs via mobile.
If that cash rich, I will be ........... (don't really know what I will be doing then). doh.gif confused.gif icon_question.gif

176 Pages « < 119 120 121 122 123 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.06    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:31 AM