Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
127 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

VW Golf 1.4TSI,Scirocco1.4,Polo 1.2TSI, Volkswagen Cars Discussion.Das Auto!

views

stinger82
post Aug 9 2010, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

*Deleted*

This post has been edited by stinger82: Aug 10 2010, 11:09 AM
sphiroth
post Aug 9 2010, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

QUOTE(stinger82 @ Aug 9 2010, 04:56 PM)
so, to cut it short, for 100,000 km, total is how much? civic is about RM7k++, 308T also around there. i think VW should be the same, or not more than RM10k?
AFAIK, the maintenance of a direct injection engine is more expensive than injection engine. The same also for DSG compared with normal AT tranny.
stinger82
post Aug 9 2010, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

*deleted*

This post has been edited by stinger82: Aug 10 2010, 11:09 AM
sleepwalker
post Aug 9 2010, 05:25 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,517 posts

You all know how there's a saying "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it".

Well, I should add another line here.. "If you are worried about the maintenance, don't bother buying it".

Save yourself the trouble. Go buy Proton. You don't need to worry about maintenance.. just replacement.. hahahhaa.. tongue.gif
Beach_Boy
post Aug 9 2010, 08:08 PM

:D
8,453 posts

QUOTE(stinger82 @ Aug 9 2010, 04:55 PM)
yea lo,thats why my uncle until now still driving manual gear, instead of auto. Auto easy to spoil, i heard this from 8 years old to 28 years old tongue.gif

but now i heard 7 speed DSG got problem....seems like pug AL4 not too bad after all.
yes, but that's for the 1.4litre TSI used in the polo, golf's safe

QUOTE(stinger82 @ Aug 9 2010, 04:56 PM)
so, to cut it short, for 100,000 km, total is how much? civic is about RM7k++, 308T also around there. i think VW should be the same, or not more than RM10k?
for 100k km, should be about 8k-9k, i didnt bother asking about the price, cuz it will take me aeons to reach there, and by the 5th year, warranty habis, i'll service it outside already

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Aug 9 2010, 05:12 PM)
AFAIK, the maintenance of a direct injection engine is more expensive than injection engine. The same also for DSG compared with normal AT tranny.
you're wrong
for eg:
the Aisin 6speed auto used in certain VW's uses Aisin's own ATF, costs RM112/litre, overall replacement of ATF costs RM1.2k(include other parts also)
their own DSG fluid costs RM9x/litre, overall replacement costs? RM650 laugh.gif

previously the TSI engine used in the older GTis burns engine oil to function well, a hard driven GTi requires 1litre of engine oil top up every 3k km or so(each litre costs RM68 tongue.gif and THAT cannot be purchased outside, it's a specially formulated castrol for VW cars, and if they found out that you uses non-castrol engine oil? *poof* goes your engine warranty laugh.gif )

new one im not very sure smile.gif
Vengeance_Mad
post Aug 9 2010, 08:57 PM

Aston-ishing
796 posts

The Scirocco is nice.
yeezai
post Aug 9 2010, 09:34 PM

-using no way as way-having no limitation as limitation-
2,531 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 9 2010, 05:25 PM)
You all know how there's a saying "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it".

Well, I should add another line here.. "If you are worried about the maintenance, don't bother buying it".

Save yourself the trouble. Go buy Proton. You don't need to worry about maintenance.. just replacement.. hahahhaa..  tongue.gif
+999 ..why worry about maintenance if you can afford it..you bought a car bcoz you like it and bcoz you like it you should maintain it..
supercharger
post Aug 9 2010, 10:14 PM

46 posts

now the golf price is more reasonable
maybe I'll book one smile.gif
sookk
post Aug 9 2010, 10:38 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(stinger82 @ Aug 9 2010, 04:55 PM)
yea lo,thats why my uncle until now still driving manual gear, instead of auto. Auto easy to spoil, i heard this from 8 years old to 28 years old tongue.gif

but now i heard 7 speed DSG got problem....seems like pug AL4 not too bad after all.
You have 5 years warranty for the car ... if anything should happen to the DSG ... you're still covered ... after 5 years it's probably time to sell the car anyway
azxel
post Aug 9 2010, 11:06 PM

moological mooster
Group Icon
VIP
3,421 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 9 2010, 05:25 PM)

Save yourself the trouble. Go buy Proton. You don't need to worry about maintenance.. just replacement.. hahahhaa..  tongue.gif
same goes for those worrying about its FC tongue.gif

the Golf is sweet.. Scirocco a bit out of my budget so gonna aim for the Golf wub.gif
stinger82
post Aug 9 2010, 11:19 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

thanks for your reply beach boy, a reply from owner is better than nonsense from those who doesnt own the car, and come to fark. A rich man that can afford the car sounds more sensible than those fanboy that can afford nothing but dreaming. Even ferrari owner talks about maintenance, you buy a car to drive, not to fix and put in garage to stay overnight. Thats why Toyota is number 1 in the world. and mitsu almost bankrupt.

This post has been edited by stinger82: Aug 19 2010, 09:17 AM
TSphas3r
post Aug 9 2010, 11:55 PM

Regular
1,204 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Aug 9 2010, 06:42 AM)
yeah. spotted a few before brows.gif
but my guess is, 1.2L car for very close to RM110k.....

maybe its just me
did you missed the turbo part? or did you mean malaysians will overlook that? the 308 turbo sells well here.
hope the gahmen don't realize that manufacturers are using the force induction route to escape the tax.
in german they tax cars based on power not cc

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Aug 9 2010, 10:16 AM)
i tested the golf gti... the performance... my God... i tried to step the pedal for overtaking during the test drive and i was like holy fffffff... i didn't even step half of the pedal and the car was like accelerating like a jet! the 6 speed dsg changes from 2k rpm to 4k rpm in a sec!

Added on August 9, 2010, 10:20 am
if you compare it with a jap... 3 times service at 5k km interval... european is just slightly more expensive only right?
yes it goes, is that mk5 or mk6 you testing? this 1.4TSI should have respectable performance too

QUOTE(jeremy0 @ Aug 9 2010, 12:27 PM)
U beat me to the punch  tongue.gif ....the polo should be compared to the jazz/i30/latio sport/pug 308 vti warm hatch class......for the price, the specs are great plus its a german car .....
i heard from the reviews that the polo offers luxury car refinement and good quality. we'll check that car later. still waiting for poloGTI though

QUOTE(Beach_Boy @ Aug 9 2010, 08:08 PM)
yes, but that's for the 1.4litre TSI used in the polo, golf's safe
for 100k km, should be about 8k-9k, i didnt bother asking about the price, cuz it will take me aeons to reach there, and by the 5th year, warranty habis, i'll service it outside already
you're wrong
for eg:
the Aisin 6speed auto used in certain VW's uses Aisin's own ATF, costs RM112/litre, overall replacement of ATF costs RM1.2k(include other parts also)
their own DSG fluid costs RM9x/litre, overall replacement costs? RM650 laugh.gif

previously the TSI engine used in the older GTis burns engine oil to function well, a hard driven GTi requires 1litre of engine oil top up every 3k km or so(each litre costs RM68 tongue.gif and THAT cannot be purchased outside, it's a specially formulated castrol for VW cars, and if they found out that you uses non-castrol engine oil? *poof* goes your engine warranty laugh.gif )

new one im not very sure smile.gif
u have mk5 gti? is it ? i never topup any engine oil, just following the 15k interval woo . is it ok?
kenji1903
post Aug 10 2010, 10:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

QUOTE(phas3r @ Aug 9 2010, 11:55 PM)
yes it goes, is that mk5 or mk6 you testing? this 1.4TSI should have respectable performance too
i heard from the reviews that the polo offers luxury car refinement and good quality. we'll check that car later. still waiting for poloGTI though
i tested mk6, my uncle as an mk5 but 1.6fsi... sluggish...
welll 175Nm torque at 1.5k rpm is very good indeed smile.gif

polo gti should be using the 1.4 twincharge engine (from the RM157k golf) if not mistaken...
Joseph Hahn
post Aug 10 2010, 10:18 AM

kpop k
6,410 posts

QUOTE(phas3r @ Aug 9 2010, 11:55 PM)
did you missed the turbo part? or did you mean malaysians will overlook that? the 308 turbo sells well here.
hope the gahmen don't realize that manufacturers are using the force induction route to escape the tax.
in german they tax cars based on power not cc
They're going the turbo/supercharger route because of the strict Euro emission standard as well. Even Proton is going turbo so just pray gomen won't change their policy. laugh.gif

sleepwalker
post Aug 10 2010, 10:30 AM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,517 posts

QUOTE(stinger82 @ Aug 9 2010, 11:19 PM)
lol, i tot this line applies to ferrari or bentley, i dunno it also applies to ppl's car ( VW) wor.....

well, its very normal to compare maintenance price among car choices, dont you agree? Unless money grows on trees.

you seriously think someone driving 200k car can simply afford to change the gearbox for 1xk or 2xk? i doubt that tongue.gif

Added on August 9, 2010, 11:21 pmhey, not sure if you guys heard, last week 988 & My fm were talking about ppl gone bankrupt due to car loan, instead of the usual culprit( credit card).

wink.gif are they talking proton or bmw i wonder.....
That line applies to anything that you purchase. It could a thousand ringgit shoe or a ten thousand ringgit Prada bag. If you can afford it, you won't ask for the price. You just pick it up, bring it to the cashier and pay for it. If the money that you earned is legal, you'd whip out a fancy platinum card and pay for it. If the money is illegal, you'd whip out a money holder with a bundle of cash to pay for it. Hhahahahhahaha....

Even proton gearbox cost over 10K brand new. Hence there's plenty of recon proton gearboxes out there that you can find to replace. Therefore they don't need to worry about getting new gearboxes. Most people don't have problems with gearboxes, esp when they are maintained properly. A lot of auto drivers change the oil but not the AT gearbox filter.

Like I said, if you are going to buy a 200K car and worry about the gearbox breaking down, then don't bother getting the car. Go buy a Proton. Thousands of recon gearboxes waiting for you.

This post has been edited by sleepwalker: Aug 10 2010, 10:34 AM
azxel
post Aug 10 2010, 10:32 AM

moological mooster
Group Icon
VIP
3,421 posts

QUOTE(stinger82 @ Aug 9 2010, 11:19 PM)
lol, i tot this line applies to ferrari or bentley, i dunno it also applies to ppl's car ( VW) wor.....

well, its very normal to compare maintenance price among car choices, dont you agree? Unless money grows on trees.

you seriously think someone driving 200k car can simply afford to change the gearbox for 1xk or 2xk? i doubt that tongue.gif

Added on August 9, 2010, 11:21 pmhey, not sure if you guys heard, last week 988 & My fm were talking about ppl gone bankrupt due to car loan, instead of the usual culprit( credit card).

wink.gif are they talking proton or bmw i wonder.....
LOL.. it basically applies to every car, be it Proton or VW. Well.. here in Malaysia only la... tongue.gif If you take away the Polo's tax and what's not, it's possibly priced like a Viva. sweat.gif

Seriously though.. I think someone driving a 50k car may not even be able to afford changing their gearbox.

Hmm... I would think that people are going bankrupt due to car loan is because
- they bought a car they couldn't afford to keep paying for
- they bought a car they couldn't afford to maintain

Technically, without a credit card, you can still survive with just min payment but that's not the case for vehicles where you can't pay min and they usually repossess after a few months.
stinger82
post Aug 10 2010, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
288 posts

haha

This post has been edited by stinger82: Aug 10 2010, 11:07 AM
TSphas3r
post Aug 10 2010, 03:38 PM

Regular
1,204 posts

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Aug 10 2010, 10:10 AM)
i tested mk6, my uncle as an mk5 but 1.6fsi... sluggish...
welll 175Nm torque at 1.5k rpm is very good indeed smile.gif

polo gti should be using the 1.4 twincharge engine (from the RM157k golf) if not mistaken...
lol. indeed the 1.6L from golf is just too slow for anything. needs smaller engine with the aided of turbo like this 1.4TSI.

the polo gti is 1.4 with twincharged, but produce more output (180PS 249Nm) compared to the golf 1.4 TSI (160PS 240Nm)
on a small car summore drool.gif the acceleration match a golf gti's time of 6.9secs

how do you think of the sport and comfort button on mk6?

This post has been edited by phas3r: Aug 10 2010, 03:40 PM
kenji1903
post Aug 10 2010, 04:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

QUOTE(phas3r @ Aug 10 2010, 03:38 PM)
lol. indeed the 1.6L from golf is just too slow for anything. needs smaller engine with the aided of turbo like this 1.4TSI.

the polo gti is 1.4 with twincharged, but produce more output (180PS 249Nm) compared to the golf 1.4 TSI (160PS 240Nm)
on a small car summore  drool.gif the acceleration match a golf gti's time of 6.9secs

how do you think of the sport and comfort button on mk6?
i was too busy enjoying the 280Nm torque, didn't play with the buttons tongue.gif
that guy taught me how to use the paddle shifts but i think it's unnecessary because no way the paddle shift can match the DSG's response...
TSphas3r
post Aug 10 2010, 05:08 PM

Regular
1,204 posts

erm, the paddle shifter is still controlled by the same transmission DSG, i don't really get you mean here rclxub.gif
it is useful if say i'm cruising on 6th gear, but want some overtaking power, i just press the downshift button and it goes to 5th gear immedietly.
up to you if you want the DSG to do all the work, but there are times when i need to control the gear manually.

127 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0458sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:45 AM