Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> For those wanting 6 packs, SEE THIS

internaldisputes
post Oct 10 2018, 12:54 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Oct 10 2018, 08:43 AM)
Lol I should have done one meal a day intermittent fasting + keto a long time ago.
The effectiveness is immense.

Before this, I only did halfheartedly with 2 meals a day. I went cincai with the timing.

Now Im doing 1 meal a day, and it's much easier to manage. Big ass oily meal haha.

I'm sticking to this until new year's eve. I don't even care if I dont have enough muscle yet. Just wanna find out if I am disciplined enough to lower my body fat percentage. I have some visible abs even with fats surrounding it, so it wouldnt be that bare. tongue.gif
You're vegetarian if I'm not mistaken, right? So you're doing meat-free keto diet at the moment?
nightshade_nova
post Oct 11 2018, 07:39 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Oct 10 2018, 12:54 PM)
You're vegetarian if I'm not mistaken, right? So you're doing meat-free keto diet at the moment?
Yup. Im ovolacto vegetarian tho, so I eat mostly eggs. Lots of eggs.
I think my main problem is getting enough fiber. Kinda ironic for a vegetarian. But its really not that easy, depending on your budget.
Im trying to get enough fiber without too much carb. But if I eat the same thing also will get bored.

I probably wont be doing keto much after this, just IF.

My challenge to myself is to set my profile picture to a picture of me shirtless before next year. tongue.gif

internaldisputes
post Oct 11 2018, 09:40 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Oct 11 2018, 07:39 PM)
Yup. Im ovolacto vegetarian tho, so I eat mostly eggs. Lots of eggs.
I think my main problem is getting enough fiber. Kinda ironic for a vegetarian. But its really not that easy, depending on your budget.
Im trying to get enough fiber without too much carb. But if I eat the same thing also will get bored.

I probably wont be doing keto much after this, just IF.

My challenge to myself is to set my profile picture to a picture of me shirtless before next year. tongue.gif
Oh, I see. That's exciting! I'm very interested to know how you progress because I'm vegetarian too (converted in March). I'm trying to bulk up though and vege meals tend to have less calories which kinda hamper my progress a bit. But knowing that I just gotta make sure to eat more lah.

I think that's a good goal to have. Worst case scenario-- just retouch your abs with Photoshop and you're good lol. Good luck bro!
nightshade_nova
post Oct 11 2018, 10:25 PM

Casual

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Oct 11 2018, 09:40 PM)
Oh, I see. That's exciting! I'm very interested to know how you progress because I'm vegetarian too (converted in March). I'm trying to bulk up though and vege meals tend to have less calories which kinda hamper my progress a bit. But knowing that I just gotta make sure to eat more lah.

I think that's a good goal to have. Worst case scenario-- just retouch your abs with Photoshop and you're good lol. Good luck bro!
Ive been on and off, was not very consistent. But Im starting to build momentum again.
Progress has been good. Improving my forms. Also started to do a more balanced workout.
I used to only focus on biceps and triceps. sweat.gif

I dont think I'll need any photo editing, very confident to reach my goal in these 3 months.

Ive got some comments from friends that I bulked up, even tho my goal is mostly to reduce fat.
So, gaining muscle is definitely possible even with a slight caloric deficit.

Good luck to you too.
daimon
post Oct 12 2018, 11:39 PM

Getting Started

i think everyone has abs

but i heard some people train their abs everyday

and i heard abs workout need to increase weight like other parts too, so that it can be more pop up, and define shape?

can i ask is this true?
nightshade_nova
post Oct 13 2018, 02:08 AM

Casual

QUOTE(daimon @ Oct 12 2018, 11:39 PM)
i think everyone has abs

but i heard some people train their abs everyday

and i heard abs workout need to increase weight like other parts too, so that it can be more pop up,  and define shape?
can i ask is this true?
Not sure. If weighted, usually your abs dont really do all the work, but they recruit other nearby muscles.
That's my opinion anyway as a noob. I feel that weighted ab workouts dont really help that much. Like if you do weighted leg raises, your legs probably get more workout, with slight edge to your abs.

But some parts are naturally worked out when you lift heavy weights.
I really really lack leg training, but even my legs got some benefit from doing my other workouts while standing.
Most things that involves balancing your body or keeping things symmetrical will help your abs.

Have you seen those construction workers with six packs despite their belly fat?
Those belly fats came from stress. But their abs are so well-developed, you can see them despite the fat.
Of course they look ugly tho. And I dont think they specifically target their abs, just a lot of lifting heavy stuff.

My own recommendation is get an ab wheel. Good for beginner to advanced. Make sure you are doing the form correctly tho.
Stay away from static plank. And yes, you can see abs without low body fat.

daimon
post Oct 13 2018, 09:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Oct 13 2018, 02:08 AM)
Not sure. If weighted, usually your abs dont really do all the work, but they recruit other nearby muscles.
That's my opinion anyway as a noob. I feel that weighted ab workouts dont really help that much. Like if you do weighted leg raises, your legs probably get more workout, with slight edge to your abs.

But some parts are naturally worked out when you lift heavy weights.
I really really lack leg training, but even my legs got some benefit from doing my other workouts while standing.
Most things that involves balancing your body or keeping things symmetrical will help your abs.

Have you seen those construction workers with six packs despite their belly fat?
Those belly fats came from stress. But their abs are so well-developed, you can see them despite the fat.
Of course they look ugly tho. And I dont think they specifically target their abs, just a lot of lifting heavy stuff.

My own recommendation is get an ab wheel. Good for beginner to advanced. Make sure you are doing the form correctly tho.
Stay away from static plank. And yes, you can see abs without low body fat.
yes that was what i was wondering with the blue highlighted, perhaps if abs workout will cause it more visible despite of not having low body fat
MonGJiHyo
post Oct 13 2018, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(daimon @ Oct 13 2018, 09:58 AM)
yes that was what i was wondering with the blue highlighted, perhaps if abs workout will cause it more visible despite of not having low body fat
well for me, I need to have body fat of 11% in order to see the abs (not so visible as I still need to work hard) sweat.gif

Previously.. i'm not able to see my abs as my belly is quite big.. not sure for other people though.. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by MonGJiHyo: Oct 13 2018, 11:05 AM
MonGJiHyo
post Oct 13 2018, 11:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!

This post has been edited by MonGJiHyo: Oct 13 2018, 11:03 AM
nightshade_nova
post Oct 13 2018, 11:51 AM

Casual

QUOTE(MonGJiHyo @ Oct 13 2018, 10:56 AM)
well for me, I need to have body fat of 11% in order to see the abs (not so visible as I still need to work hard) sweat.gif

Previously.. i'm not able to see my abs as my belly is quite big.. not sure for other people though.. hmm.gif
Depends on genetics maybe. hmm.gif
But I think the hardest part to make visible is the upper abs connecting the ribs. That one really need some serious training.
I dont think I see anything for mine for that part haha.
daimon
post Oct 13 2018, 11:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Oct 10 2018, 08:43 AM)
Lol I should have done one meal a day intermittent fasting + keto a long time ago.
The effectiveness is immense.

Before this, I only did halfheartedly with 2 meals a day. I went cincai with the timing.

Now Im doing 1 meal a day, and it's much easier to manage. Big ass oily meal haha.

I'm sticking to this until new year's eve. I don't even care if I dont have enough muscle yet. Just wanna find out if I am disciplined enough to lower my body fat percentage. I have some visible abs even with fats surrounding it, so it wouldnt be that bare. tongue.gif
i plan to resume my swimming everyday hopefully can reduce my belly fat?

i had this experience while in 2016, working in SG, walked everyday until i hate walking LOL

but i can see some lines at my abs!

walking is good! lol
nightshade_nova
post Oct 14 2018, 02:28 AM

Casual

QUOTE(daimon @ Oct 13 2018, 11:53 PM)
i plan to resume my swimming everyday hopefully can reduce my belly fat?

i had this experience while in 2016, working in SG, walked everyday until i hate walking LOL

but i can see some lines at my abs!

walking is good! lol
Do everything you can bro. Everything adds up.
Key is always consistency.

I use habit bull and samsung health to track my progress.
You'll feel reluctant to break the chain once it's very long. That's how you build the habit.

Samsung health can search for a lot of food for macro and micro tracking. Make sure your calorie intake is under control.

daimon
post Oct 14 2018, 10:06 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Oct 14 2018, 02:28 AM)
Do everything you can bro. Everything adds up.
Key is always consistency.

I use habit bull and samsung health to track my progress.
You'll feel reluctant to break the chain once it's very long. That's how you build the habit.

Samsung health can search for a lot of food for macro and micro tracking. Make sure your calorie intake is under control.
thanks for the advice! biggrin.gif
MonGJiHyo
post Oct 14 2018, 10:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Oct 13 2018, 11:51 AM)
Depends on genetics maybe.  hmm.gif
But I think the hardest part to make visible is the upper abs connecting the ribs. That one really need some serious training.
I dont think I see anything for mine for that part haha.
agree.. really hard to train.. sweat.gif

guess the body fat need to be below 10% in order to see it? hmm.gif

nightshade_nova
post Oct 15 2018, 12:23 AM

Casual

QUOTE(MonGJiHyo @ Oct 14 2018, 10:57 PM)
agree.. really hard to train.. sweat.gif

guess the body fat need to be below 10% in order to see it? hmm.gif
Dunno. I'll tackle it when I get there. Long way to go. In any case, that one is like finishing touch I think.
I like pull up bars bar for abs. Sadly I cant install at my home cos the doors are too low.

So for now just use my trusty ab wheel.

31 Pages « < 29 30 31Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0722sec    4.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 09:31 PM