Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> jakarta,indonesia, & abit of Bandung (Travel)

views

TS pinkfoxlulu
post Mar 1 2009, 01:27 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

please help me
list 10 place nice to to go in jakarta..

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:47 AM)
Hi i'm Sam From Jakarta, i just wanna help all travellers here, if you want to ask something about jakarta, bandung, puncak, etc
traveller must help each other smile.gif

Jakarta
what you can do?

Shopping
- Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia, Senayan City, Plaza Senayan, Mall Kelapa Gading (branded item)
- Blok M, Tanah Abang, Senen, Pasar Baru, Mangga Dua, etc (for not ori item but very cheap)
- Pasar Seni Ancol, Antique Market Jalan Surabaya (for art items)

Place to visit (search google for image)
- Kota Tua
- Sunda Kelapa
- Ancol (dunia Fantasi)
- Ancol Seaworld
- Waterboom Pantai Indak Kapuk
- Taman Mini
- Ragunan
- etc

you can also go to Kepulauan Seribu (Pulau tidung, pulau air, pulau bidadari, etc) by boat and stay there, good sea, blue water, very good for snorkeling or diving

or you can go to bogor, and puncak to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of the hills and tea garden

you can also go to bandung for shopping "distro item" every where arround bandung
very cheap

in bandung you can also go to (search google for image)
- kawah putih (ciwidey)
- tangkuban perahu
- garut
- kampung daun
- the valley
- Lembang
- etc

in jakarta, bandung, puncak You can easily find good food,
but if you need recomend place for eat you can ask me
and there are still many things that I can't describe it all here
just ask me and I will try to help you...  biggrin.gif
This post has been edited by stimix: Jun 17 2012, 02:54 PM
knight_t
post Mar 1 2009, 01:43 AM

Getting Started

my fren went jakarta last time..
he said Plaza Indonesia and Plaza Senayan are nice place to visit
abgnel
post Mar 1 2009, 02:07 AM

Blok M (top on the list)
thumbup.gif
Pepper
post Mar 1 2009, 02:49 AM

Casual

Java Jazz Festival
toto4d
post Mar 1 2009, 09:24 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(knight_t @ Mar 1 2009, 01:43 AM)
my fren went jakarta last time..
he said Plaza Indonesia and Plaza Senayan are nice place to visit
These 2 are similiar to The Garden and Midvalley......

Hehe... really dunno Jakarta wat nice.

I been to :
Taman Mini, take bus from Jalan Jaksa Area to Rambutan... but this Taman Mini is poor maintain, not nice.
Glodok area is like china town, quite messy, but good to see.
Kota area, to see those historical building and museum....
For cheap shopping, can go to Mangga Dua, nothing much to shop.
If want good shopping center, then Senayan area...

Added on March 1, 2009, 9:29 am
QUOTE(abgnel @ Mar 1 2009, 02:07 AM)
Blok M (top on the list)
thumbup.gif
Ya, heard Blok M is nice... but have not been there...

This post has been edited by toto4d: Mar 1 2009, 09:29 AM
TS pinkfoxlulu
post Mar 1 2009, 10:20 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(abgnel @ Mar 1 2009, 03:07 AM)
Blok M (top on the list)
thumbup.gif
wat is block M?

stimix
post Mar 1 2009, 01:18 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living
Group: Moderator

Funny I think there is an existing Jakarta thread b4 but probably to old & no one bump it & now purged sad.gif

Nevertheless here're my view of Jakarta. I only went there for work once. So my view might not be the same as what I hv experienced blush.gif

1st, This is a very huge city!! The largest I have seen! The total population according to the locals there is 20million which I have to agree! It's bigger than Bangkok (2nd in SEA) & Manila (3rd).

One thing really unique in Jakarta is the huge slump area surrounding the tiny skyscrapper city in the middle which is not that big compare to KL. All the way from the airport to my hotel on the other end of the city in Bekasi, sea of slump residential areas..people staying under the flyovers, buiding cardboards/ wooden houses under the bridges & every inch of the city shocking.gif OMG I wouldn't to imagine how the authority there going to clean up the mess! Although this scenarios also happening in Manila but the numbers are much lesser compare to the sea of slump in Jakarta.

I think in Jakarta u should visit:

1) The city centre
2) The shopping malls as highlighted above such as Block M, & etc. I only visited the Kelapa Gading Mall - in 2005, It's the largest mall in Indonesia (Alomost the size of Mid-Valley & Garden combined.
3) Glodok Chinatown ( I passed by only). Also the old Batavia port area, museum & etc near to the old port of Batavia
4) Ancor amusement park (Also passed by)
5) Pulau Seribu group of islands North western park of Jakarta port...from Google earth looks interesting...(This is my target if I hv oppotunity to Jakarta

TS pinkfoxlulu
post Mar 1 2009, 09:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stimix @ Mar 1 2009, 02:18 PM)
Funny I think there is an existing Jakarta thread b4 but probably to old & no one bump it & now purged sad.gif

Nevertheless here're my view of Jakarta. I only went there for work once. So my view might not be the same as what I hv experienced  blush.gif

1st, This is a very huge city!! The largest I have seen! The total population according to the locals there is 20million which I have to agree! It's bigger than Bangkok (2nd in SEA) & Manila (3rd).

One thing really unique in Jakarta is the huge slump area surrounding the tiny skyscrapper city in the middle which is not that big compare to KL. All the way from the airport to my hotel on the other end of the city in Bekasi, sea of slump residential areas..people staying under the flyovers, buiding cardboards/ wooden houses under the bridges & every inch of the city  shocking.gif  OMG I wouldn't to imagine how the authority there going to clean up the mess! Although this scenarios also happening in Manila but the numbers are much lesser compare to the sea of slump in Jakarta.

I think in Jakarta u should visit:

1) The city centre
2) The shopping malls as highlighted above such as Block M, & etc. I only visited the Kelapa Gading Mall - in 2005, It's the largest mall in Indonesia (Alomost the size of Mid-Valley & Garden combined.
3) Glodok Chinatown ( I passed by only). Also the old Batavia port area, museum & etc near to the old port of Batavia
4) Ancor amusement park (Also passed by)
5) Pulau Seribu group of islands North western park of Jakarta port...from Google earth looks interesting...(This is my target if I hv oppotunity to Jakarta
hey,where can i get brand calvin klien jean,the cheap one.....but ori....where is outlet in jakarta...
stimix
post Mar 2 2009, 08:58 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

For factory outlet, I think Jakarta is not the place. It's in Bandung. U probably wanted to check out another active Bandung thread here (Use the search function)

Infact the Bandung & Bali threads are more active than Jakarta.
TS pinkfoxlulu
post Mar 2 2009, 12:08 PM

Getting Started

really?
omg!
stimix
post Mar 2 2009, 01:04 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Haha, if no factory outlet, the size of the city will make KL so tiny & also probably the unusual residential houses under the bridges & flyovers... biggrin.gif
QUOTE(pinkfoxlulu @ Mar 2 2009, 12:08 PM)
really?
omg!
toto4d
post Mar 2 2009, 08:50 PM

On my way

QUOTE(pinkfoxlulu @ Mar 1 2009, 09:33 PM)
hey,where can i get brand calvin klien jean,the cheap one.....but ori....where is outlet in jakarta...
heard Block M got ori and cheap. Dun go Mangga Dua for Ori, cos there no Ori. Senayan area all same price as Msia.

Bandung got a lot of cheap and ori. Just take train from Jakarta, 3hr reach Bandung. Fare for executive (1st class) around RM 30.
Last time when i visit Jakarta, once i arrived Airport, i took the DAMRI bus from airport to Train station. I buy the train ticket to Bandung before i spent 2 nights in Jakarta. That's during period of Hari Raya. Think now should be easy to get the ticket. The train station is just walkable distance to Jalan Jaksa, where a lot of backpackers staying there.

TS pinkfoxlulu
post Mar 2 2009, 11:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(toto4d @ Mar 2 2009, 09:50 PM)
heard Block M got ori and cheap. Dun go Mangga Dua for Ori, cos there no Ori. Senayan area all same price as Msia.

Bandung got a lot of cheap and ori. Just take train from Jakarta, 3hr reach Bandung. Fare for executive (1st class) around RM 30.
Last time when i visit Jakarta, once i arrived Airport, i took the DAMRI bus from airport to Train station. I buy the train ticket to Bandung before i spent 2 nights in Jakarta. That's during period of Hari Raya. Think now should be easy to get the ticket. The train station is just walkable distance to Jalan Jaksa, where a lot of backpackers staying there.
bandung also got ck?
are u serious?
i want buy shirt ck and jean ck.....
price in kl rm90...
if at block m?

Added on March 4, 2009, 11:22 pmmore information

This post has been edited by pinkfoxlulu: Mar 4 2009, 11:22 PM
apis8ty4
post Mar 17 2009, 04:30 AM

Getting Started

..goin there (jakarta-bandung-jakarta) tomorrow 19-22nd march...need help icon_question.gif ...hopefully sempat laa...kinda busy lately so kinda lupa about the tripp doh.gif
about the best place to stay at jakarta n bandung...
place to shopping i think no need coz read lots of review edy... shakehead.gif
but about the place to stay rly need help...

p/s: if got place to find chicks pown key jugak whistling.gif drool.gif ..heheheh juz kidding... icon_rolleyes.gif
pengiranijam
post Apr 19 2009, 07:33 PM

Regular

I'm going to Jakarta by this end of May this year for a week, I'm going to visit Jakarta most visited place and going to change accommodations all the day, expected to throw money about RM2-4K. If any of you going to Jakarta in the end of May '09 let me know, I'm joining a group about 10 and most of them aged I'm only one young person there...

About touring, we do have paid them. So no worried being lost there...
K-LY
post Apr 30 2009, 05:41 PM

QUOTE(pengiranijam @ Apr 19 2009, 08:33 PM)
I'm going to Jakarta by this end of May this year for a week, I'm going to visit Jakarta most visited place and going to change accommodations all the day, expected to throw money about RM2-4K. If any of you going to Jakarta in the end of May '09 let me know, I'm joining a group about 10 and most of them aged I'm only one young person there...

About touring, we do have paid them. So no worried being lost there...
hi there mate,suddenly saw this threads.Im going to jakarta the same date as u,but im going with my family,do hope we can bump each other during the week aite...
atah
post Apr 30 2009, 09:34 PM

On my way

u should visit planet hollywood, have the dinner and then go to its cinema on the 1st floor. i think it's only around rm5, but the seat is huge and comfortable thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

K-LY
post May 3 2009, 09:42 PM

QUOTE(atah @ Apr 30 2009, 10:34 PM)
u should visit planet hollywood, have the dinner and then go to its cinema on the 1st floor. i think it's only around rm5, but the seat is huge and comfortable  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
been there,done it,enjoyed... rclxm9.gif
pengiranijam
post May 13 2009, 11:21 PM

Regular

QUOTE(K-LY @ Apr 30 2009, 05:41 PM)
hi there mate,suddenly saw this threads.Im going to jakarta the same date as u,but im going with my family,do hope we can bump each other during the week aite...
Oh well, so you have already placed a hotel...? I'm worried about the safety, pencuri dan perimas Indonesia jauh lebih lincah dan bijak dari Malaysia (heard from experience from my family that have been there), must remember that... So, for now my group will be 13 members joining and will be placed at low-risk place.

May I know your specific date to Jakarta, Indonesia...? And you from...?
danielwan
post May 14 2009, 01:05 AM

Casual

go stadium near the hayam wuruk la.. hahaha!
Pangkey
post May 14 2009, 01:37 AM

Getting Started

lol stadium. bring me some "stuff" from there too haha.......
pengiranijam
post May 14 2009, 02:22 AM

Regular

QUOTE(danielwan @ May 14 2009, 01:05 AM)
go stadium near the hayam wuruk la.. hahaha!
Haaha, luxury bedroom... owhn, at least 10 hotel at that street and quite pricey, I want bring a lot thing from Jakarta not expecting pay more to the hotel... cool2.gif

I will stay near there, it will be at Jalan Mangga Dua, another hotel, price also good... icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by pengiranijam: May 14 2009, 02:24 AM
enenem
post May 15 2009, 10:28 AM

i just bumped into this thread and wish to give some ideas of jakarta...
i know jakarta and my friends went there last week. itz not dat i dont recommend jakarta for vacation, you just have to PLAN your travelling before u go there, coz seriously if you dont plan it wisely, you wont get that fun!

first thing first is the terrible jam you will find there, i will suggest you to visit places that nearby each day coz it is a HUGE city PLUS TRAFFIC JAM summore, so I can guarantee you cannot go to many far far places in one day oni...

second thing is WHAT IS YOUR INTENTION to go there? what i see is ppl going there for:

- SHOPPING : what kind of shopping? if branded items, you better just go to malls here in malaysia, the price and stuff are the same... if you wish to buy unbranded clothes in bulk, or kain, batik, everything in bulk, it is advisable to go there, BUT NOT MANGGA DUA, dat place is very expensive now since foreigner started go there to find the "so-called branded items".

- ENTERTAINMENT (theme park+beach), yes Ancol (Dunia Fantasi) is the best one there. Some kind of Genting but it is nearby beach. But you cant go snorkling there, the water is terrible ahahaha... itz in the center of the city, what else do u expect?

- ENTERTAINMENT (night) this one i can recommend you. many ppl said jakarta is only best for the nite entertainment (maybe becoz at night itz not too hot and no much jam... hehe)

- FOOD... verrryy nice... but BANDUNG IS LOT MORE NICER AND CHEAPER...

Im thinking of other infos, later will update if i got somemore...

Added on May 15, 2009, 10:31 amadded: my fren went to jakarta last week and hes been complaining of the jam, so that he couldnt manage to enjoy his trip there (3days trip) only sempat jalan2 at 2 MALLS (Senayan and Pondok Indah Mall), 1 BOOK MARKET, and take picture in front of MONAS (national monument made from GOLD)

Dont ever try to go there and dont know where to go. Do not easily use TAXI. Better if you get travel guide, or belanja me to go there, I will try to take you around...

smile.gif

This post has been edited by enenem: May 15 2009, 10:31 AM
pengiranijam
post May 15 2009, 11:48 PM

Regular

Oh well, we already guided 'when where what who why' we have. And we already have spare our timing before the city getting busy.

I believe that Indonesia currency is going down rapidly simultaneously against RM and USD

And for your information, shoes in Indonesia is only RM40 while at Malaysia around RM100 + you can get same item, same quality and same satisfactions, what else to ask then... Haahaa.... biggrin.gif

About food price, no worries, they are using rupiah currency and we are rich after changing our currency there...
merci
post May 16 2009, 09:31 PM

'I believe that Indonesia currency is going down rapidly simultaneously against RM and USD'

I don't think so. Last dec or jan,idr 1juta = rm 300/298. Then it starts increasing/appreciatingagainst ringgit malaysia.Febwas idr 1juta = rm315, rm 318. April was idr1 juta =338/340.Today idr 1 juta =rm350.It will starts increasing until nov/dec, then going down(trends- for the last 2 years)
pengiranijam
post May 17 2009, 08:13 AM

Regular

QUOTE(merci @ May 16 2009, 09:31 PM)
'I believe that Indonesia currency is going down rapidly simultaneously against RM and USD'

I don't think so. Last dec or jan,idr 1juta = rm 300/298. Then it starts increasing/appreciatingagainst ringgit malaysia.Febwas idr 1juta = rm315, rm 318. April was idr1 juta =338/340.Today idr 1 juta =rm350.It will starts increasing until nov/dec, then going down(trends- for the last 2 years)
You get it from wrong source, please refer to BNM Statics which is more accurate http://www.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=12&pg=6...ype=Mid&unit=fx see IDR100

So, anyone here going to Jakarta, Indonesia 30 of May 2009...?
merci
post May 17 2009, 09:30 PM

No. I'm correct. Those informations are from my own findings and I did the transaction /exchange. I did change the rm to idr in Dec, feb and April.

Btw, from the BNM statistics. Let me explain. For example:

4/5 ---- 1 rm = 2,969 idr

15/5 ---- 1 rm = 2, 936 idr.

These show that for 1 ringgit, we'll be getting smaller value of rupiah.

If you convert to millar/juta.

1 rm = 2,969 idr

1 juta = rm 336.81 ( on 4/5) ------- (calculation : 1,000,000/2,969)

1 rm = 2,936 idr

1 juta = rm 340.59. ( on 15/5)

So, hope everybody will understand. Rupiah is appreciating against ringgit malaysia.
pengiranijam
post May 18 2009, 09:21 AM

Regular

Due to economy downturn, I can see you change your currency wrong time...

My mistake I took wrong reading to the table on BNM website...

I believe end of May and June our currency will against Indonesia Rupiah will back to RM1 = IDR3000

I can see that our country spending are sure controlled now when downturn of economy and after the downturn... this also helping our currency value will arise again...
K-LY
post May 22 2009, 10:58 PM

hmmm...im going to jakarta on this 30 of may,just checked currency today,rm 352= 1 juta idr...waaa,,breathtaking...y suddenly increase this high?sure wont enjoyed it this time... sad.gif
pengiranijam
post May 23 2009, 12:41 PM

Regular

QUOTE(K-LY @ May 22 2009, 10:58 PM)
hmmm...im going to jakarta on this 30 of may,just checked currency today,rm 352= 1 juta idr...waaa,,breathtaking...y suddenly increase this high?sure wont enjoyed it this time... sad.gif
Why worrying so much...?

Don't have enough pocket money...? Why don't you think about saving money before going to travel...?

I believe our currency is strong enough for Rupiah Indonesia against RM Malaysia, since before RM500 = 1m Rupiah year 2000 if I'm not mistake...
nicknick
post May 23 2009, 01:19 PM

Getting Started

i just got back from jakarta on thursday..
spent 5 days at my friend's place in jakarta..
had alot of fun there..visited ancol,dufan(dunia fantasi),taman safari, plaza senayan and blok m and as well as bandung.
Didn't really had much time to visit others due to traffic jams..but will certainly be back in the future for more

overall it is a great trip and shopping for local brands and at bandung is worthwhile..plus all their quiksilver store is having 40% sales at the moment..
before travelling,friend told me it will be hot and humid but the 5 days i was there,its been raining daily..

pengiranijam
post May 23 2009, 03:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(nicknick @ May 23 2009, 01:19 PM)
i just got back from jakarta on thursday..
spent 5 days at my friend's place in jakarta..
had alot of fun there..visited ancol,dufan(dunia fantasi),taman safari, plaza senayan and blok m and as well as bandung.
Didn't really had much time to visit others due to traffic jams..but will certainly be back in the future for more

overall it is a great trip and shopping for local brands and at bandung is worthwhile..plus all their quiksilver store is having 40% sales at the moment..
before travelling,friend told me it will be hot and humid but the 5 days i was there,its been raining daily..
Oh, you stayed at Bandung?

How much you spend 5 days your trip there...?

And you don't stay at Hotel, right...? That could save you a lot money...

This post has been edited by pengiranijam: May 23 2009, 03:18 PM
K-LY
post May 23 2009, 03:56 PM

QUOTE(pengiranijam @ May 23 2009, 01:41 PM)
Why worrying so much...?

Don't have enough pocket money...? Why don't you think about saving money before going to travel...?

I believe our currency is strong enough for Rupiah Indonesia against RM Malaysia, since before RM500 = 1m Rupiah year 2000 if I'm not mistake...
bro sure everybody want a low budget travel no matterla how much $$$ they had saved...eventhough i kept 100 trillion or watsoever,sure i want it to used in minimal usaged.Agree that our currency is stronger then them,but im just comparing how much different it is in just first quater of year, and this number will keep increasing until end of year.Anyway u did told me that u will go to jakarta this 30 may,hope we can bumps with each other since im going there with the same day u r... icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by K-LY: May 23 2009, 08:36 PM
isildur88
post May 23 2009, 05:20 PM

Lord of Winterfell

was there a week ago.. and so was in bandung...

mangga dua good for shopping... can get everything in one place... taman mini indonesia is also nt bad... hehe... but of course nt properly maintain... they even got their own rail system in the taman mini... hehe...
K-LY
post May 23 2009, 08:35 PM

QUOTE(isildur88 @ May 23 2009, 06:20 PM)
was there a week ago.. and so was in bandung...

mangga dua good for shopping... can get everything in one place... taman mini indonesia is also nt bad... hehe... but of course nt properly maintain... they even got their own rail system in the taman mini... hehe...
waa...nice trip u got there...ive been to jakarta for few times but never had the change to go to taman mini indonesia,this upcoming visit for sure will go there.Is there any Busway will bring me there?if they do,what station is near to taman mini?
toto4d
post May 23 2009, 09:12 PM

On my way

QUOTE(K-LY @ May 23 2009, 08:35 PM)
waa...nice trip u got there...ive been to jakarta for few times but never had the change to go to taman mini indonesia,this upcoming visit for sure will go there.Is there any Busway will bring me there?if they do,what station is near to taman mini?
If want to go to taman mini, you could take bus to Rambutan. Then hook on to a mini van to Taman Mini (around 2k rupiah only). IF you go from town area, can tell the bus driver (bus to Rambutan) that u want to visit Tmn.Mini, they could just drop you nearby the entrance.

Come out from Taman Mini, you can go back to Rambutan by taxi (use meter, blue bird taxi will do) to take bus to town. Anyway, last time i had very bad experience waiting for bus at Rambutan Bus Terminal, wait for nearly an hour for a bus to go to Senayan area...... Next time i would rather just use the taxi to go back to town.
pengiranijam
post May 23 2009, 10:23 PM

Regular

QUOTE(K-LY @ May 23 2009, 03:56 PM)
bro sure everybody want a low budget travel no matterla how much $$$ they had saved...eventhough i kept 100 trillion or watsoever,sure i want it to used in minimal usaged.Agree that our currency is stronger then them,but im just comparing how much different it is in just first quater of year, and this number will keep increasing until end of year.Anyway u did told me that u will go to jakarta this 30 may,hope we can bumps with each other since im going there with the same day u r... icon_idea.gif
Yeah, of course everybody want to minimize money usage nowdays...

I'm mean when we there, Indonesia we already rich... nothing to worried lah... just if the currency momentum unexpectedly changes so high volume, then it would not good...

I'm just worried about safety, even at the city got peragut, apalagi if you were low class side, since Indonesia living like this life style...

I'll be at Mangga Dua for sure, and you already placed a accommodation and guide...?

K-LY
post May 24 2009, 07:24 AM

QUOTE(pengiranijam @ May 23 2009, 11:23 PM)
Yeah, of course everybody want to minimize money usage nowdays...

I'm mean when we there, Indonesia we already rich... nothing to worried lah... just if the currency momentum unexpectedly changes so high volume, then it would not good...

I'm just worried about safety, even at the city got peragut, apalagi if you were low class side, since Indonesia living like this life style...

I'll be at Mangga Dua for sure, and you already placed a accommodation and guide...?
err,i wouldnt agree with that,if u say we are rich there because we are holding thousand,hundred thousand or million of rupiah instead of what we may hold in here then ur right, but bear in mind that not all things there is freaking cheap!clothes,foods, and many other stuff is sometimes not different then us.

About safety,yes in this world is hard to tell either it save or not as bad guys is just everywhere and we hardly see them.But dont be so prejudice to them as most of them is nice,friendly and sincere,last time i saw a maling(thief) who snatched a handbags been beaten by the crowd sweat.gif .It shows that they didnt accept this kind of act in their country.Just be carefull with ur personal belongings.Avoid too many crowds and avoid bus transportation(except Busway bus) as maling are most likely there.

Normally i stayed in Kuningan area,there is a student accommodation which is opened to guest.Cheap,clean and comfortable.Maybe this time ill stayed in Cikini or Glodok area which i didnt decided yet.. unsure.gif

Added on May 24, 2009, 7:39 am
QUOTE(toto4d @ May 23 2009, 10:12 PM)
If want to go to taman mini, you could take bus to Rambutan. Then hook on to a mini van to Taman Mini (around 2k rupiah only). IF you go from town area, can tell the bus driver (bus to Rambutan) that u want to visit Tmn.Mini, they could just drop you nearby the entrance.

Come out from Taman Mini, you can go back to Rambutan by taxi (use meter, blue bird taxi will do) to take bus to town. Anyway, last time i had very bad experience waiting for bus at Rambutan Bus Terminal, wait for nearly an hour for a bus to go to Senayan area...... Next time i would rather just use the taxi to go back to town.
thanks there pal..appreciate ur help so much thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by K-LY: May 24 2009, 07:39 AM
pengiranijam
post May 24 2009, 02:22 PM

Regular

QUOTE(K-LY @ May 24 2009, 07:24 AM)
err,i wouldnt agree with that,if u say we are rich there because we are holding thousand,hundred thousand or million of rupiah instead of what we may hold in here then ur right, but bear in mind that not all things there is freaking cheap!clothes,foods, and many other stuff is sometimes not different then us.

About safety,yes in this world is hard to tell either it save or not as bad guys is just everywhere and we hardly see them.But dont be so prejudice to them as most of them is nice,friendly and sincere,last time i saw a maling(thief) who snatched a handbags been beaten by the crowd  sweat.gif .It shows that they didnt accept this kind of act in their country.Just be carefull with ur personal belongings.Avoid too many crowds and avoid bus transportation(except Busway bus) as maling are most likely there.

Normally i stayed in Kuningan area,there is a student accommodation which is opened to guest.Cheap,clean and comfortable.Maybe this time ill stayed in Cikini or Glodok area which i didnt decided yet.. unsure.gif

If you know where to find cheap with quality item, then it would be great trip of course...

Yes, you must know, my family well known these people in Indonesia people lifestyle full of trick... because my family > my cousins family living Indonesia for xx years. Got mak cik there bro. They have real experience...

You know, taxi can give you overcharged even it is metered and good to be true, some guy claim he/she meet you before/know you before until you tricked by that person without you knowing your belonging lost...

Anyway, counting days it less a week, cant wait...
nugget
post May 24 2009, 04:48 PM

Enthusiast

I will be there in august..
traffic jam n crowd worry me less...
the crime rate is the most worrying part...

any1 have any contact for guide or driver ??

thanks..

cheers

nug
enenem
post May 24 2009, 08:50 PM

when in august?

i plan to go there also somewhere in august so if u need help for guide, transportation, or affordable accomodation, i and my friends there will help...
pengiranijam
post May 28 2009, 11:23 PM

Regular

This is my trip, http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&doflg....768799&t=h&z=9 (From Hotel, to puncak, Bandung) yet not confirmed... but will confirm later...

K-LY, so you have confirmed where to go first...?
Black Dove
post Jul 14 2009, 07:51 PM

Group: Newbie

anyone happen to be in jakarta from 23-28 July. I am planning to go to jakarta, but now only left 2 person want to go. the other cancel because of the H1N1..

so...if anybody going there the same date...maybe we can join together...
nugget
post Jul 21 2009, 05:28 PM

Enthusiast

any other hotel other than Borubudur Hotel in that area ?
I am looking for cheaper rate...

many thanks !!

cheers

nug
swwcyber
post Aug 10 2009, 12:47 AM

so, u r back from jakarta? how? i will be thr 29022 aug...any recomendations ?

did u got puncak ?

how far is jakarta to puncak ?

how abt jakarta to bandung ?

QUOTE(Black Dove @ Jul 14 2009, 07:51 PM)
anyone happen to be in jakarta from 23-28 July. I am planning to go to jakarta, but now only left 2 person want to go. the other cancel because of the H1N1..

so...if anybody going there the same date...maybe we can join together...

Added on August 10, 2009, 12:58 ami will be thr 19-22 aug.. thinking to go free and easy...wat would u recomend? landing at jakarta. thinking to go puncak 1st stay 1 nite, den next day to bandung. stay 2 nites..how far is the journey ? wats the best and safe transport method ?

QUOTE(enenem @ May 24 2009, 08:50 PM)
when in august?

i plan to go there also somewhere in august so if u need help for guide, transportation, or affordable accomodation, i and my friends there will help...
This post has been edited by swwcyber: Aug 10 2009, 12:58 AM
dya_ungu
post Aug 14 2009, 11:44 AM

* look at my stars *

im going on 27 - 31 august, anyone going with the same date with me?
pengiranijam
post Aug 14 2009, 02:37 PM

Regular

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 14 2009, 11:44 AM)
im going on 27 - 31 august, anyone going with the same date with me?
Where you will be going...?

dya_ungu
post Aug 17 2009, 05:59 PM

* look at my stars *

QUOTE(pengiranijam @ Aug 14 2009, 02:37 PM)
Where you will be going...?
Jakarta
pengiranijam
post Aug 30 2009, 01:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 17 2009, 05:59 PM)
Jakarta
If Jakarta, 1 big Mall selling cheap shirts and clots all that, you can find them @ Tanah Abang which are most cheapest mall you can get when buying bulk quantities... Good luck, one more thing, try to speak Indonesian, because they going to rise price at 1st place if you talk Malaysia Malay language, try copy their motherland language... I mean talk in Indonesian, try your best to learn them... icon_rolleyes.gif
honkit
post Sep 4 2009, 01:07 AM

Airbus-er.

What budget hotel are recommanded around city? Around Rm100 ?
pengiranijam
post Sep 16 2009, 04:51 PM

Regular

QUOTE(honkit @ Sep 4 2009, 01:07 AM)
What budget hotel are recommanded around city? Around Rm100 ?
Is hard to find RM100 if you don't have tour people which is Indonesian residents, they charge you based on US currency, if you don't use Indonesian residents...

bling*2
post Jan 4 2010, 11:18 AM

Getting Started

I would like to have the contact of Guest house in Jakarta.
Please share if you have any info. Much appreciated.
Thank you
civic99
post Feb 15 2010, 12:23 PM

QUOTE(bling*2 @ Jan 4 2010, 11:18 AM)
I would like to have the contact of Guest house in Jakarta.
Please share if you have any info. Much appreciated.
Thank you
try this...Bangka BnB guest house...

http://www.bangka-bnb.com/

or juz stayed at hotel....

juz come back from JKT last month...

stayed at PARAGON HOTEL for 4nights...

its cost only 400K rupiah per night...

quite good hotel n its located at central JKT...near jln JAKSA also..

for those who have small budget can go to jln JAKSA...many guest house there...

and nice pub also located at jln JAKSA...

newbi3s
post Feb 16 2010, 02:27 PM

FALIQ

Go for night entertainment. Shopping better shop here.
xcullen
post Feb 17 2010, 08:36 PM

Getting Started

Hey guys,

Check this website for more info smile.gif

www.ancol.com
bling*2
post Feb 20 2010, 10:37 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(civic99 @ Feb 15 2010, 12:23 PM)
try this...Bangka BnB guest house...

http://www.bangka-bnb.com/

or juz stayed at hotel....

juz come back from JKT last month...

stayed at PARAGON HOTEL for 4nights...

its cost only 400K rupiah per night...

quite good hotel n its located at central JKT...near jln JAKSA also..

for those who have small budget can go to jln JAKSA...many guest house there...

and nice pub also located at jln JAKSA...
Hey, thanks very much for reply.
But i went on 16th-19th January smile.gif

Staying at Ibis Kemayoran hotel, book thro Agoda.com, much cheaper rate.
marshmellow
post Apr 27 2010, 05:14 PM

going off to jakarta this november..

mind to share with me cheAp hotel ( NO RED LIGHT AREA plz..)and interesting places that i should visit.

and of coz.. their food too..
Ryosuke_82
post Apr 29 2010, 05:39 PM

Enthusiast

Hi All,

I will be staying in Jakarta from 12th May - 16th May @ Aston Rasuna Hotel.

Below are some of the places I planned to visit:-
- Blok M Shopping Mall
- Glodok Chinatown
- Batavia Port area
- Ancol Amusement Park
- Pulau Seribu
- Taman Safari

Do you guys have any other suggestion on where to visit and what to do there??

Any advice is appreciated!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ryosuke_82: Apr 29 2010, 05:44 PM
ubsacc2004
post Apr 29 2010, 05:41 PM

No life without MUsic

you walked alone ?
or you have local friends with you ?
Ryosuke_82
post Apr 29 2010, 05:49 PM

Enthusiast

I will be going with my friend. Yes, we do have colleagues there to bring us around. They will bring us to Bandung for one day trip and then back to Jakarta.

They want to know whether do we have any special places in Jakarta we would like to visit... but I totally have no idea cox this is my first time there tongue.gif
tifosi
post May 20 2010, 07:23 PM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!

I am going Jakarta end of the month. Any nice place to recommend? I am trying to figure what else to to beside walking in Malls. Is their Dunia Fantasi or Seaworld any good?

I plan to go to Pulau Seribu but no idea about pricing. I did some research and found out that some are private beaches.
tifosi
post May 25 2010, 09:52 AM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!

No one? Cannot get much out of this 3 pages sad.gif
Argiope
post Jun 4 2010, 02:29 AM

Getting Started

Do you guys reckon a day trip to Bandung from Jakarta? Or is it better to spend a night there?
stimix
post Jun 4 2010, 07:55 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

stay overnite will be better...I'll be taking a train ride to bandung & overnite there..
missfinn
post Jun 7 2010, 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Argiope @ Jun 4 2010, 02:29 AM)
Do you guys reckon a day trip to Bandung from Jakarta? Or is it better to spend a night there?
When you are in Jakarta, please, please visit Ancol Theme Park. Go early in the morning as you are going to spend the whole day there. The Seaworld is huge! The Dufan (Dunia Fantasi) is a fun place to be! There are too many rides! I got wet in the water ride and got myself dry again. I even vomited after taking one of the ride! But still, I'm having fun! You gotta go to Ancol!

And, initially, my plan is a day trip to Bandung but we decided to stay for a night (or 2 if u want). Bandung is heaven! The train ride for the executive coach costs only around RM15! And the service is better than Air Asia!! The ride took about 3 hours.

Putraskyline
post Jul 1 2010, 10:26 AM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Travel & Living
Group: Elite

@jasa_wisata

Pak, ruangan advertismen di sini ya http://forum.lowyat.net/ServicesNoticeboard
stimix
post Jul 1 2010, 10:57 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

I think the general LYN Street mart http://forum.lowyat.net/LYNStreetMart ios where most of agencies placed their ad kua hmm.gif smile.gif Anyway...already deleted his/her spammings

QUOTE(Putraskyline @ Jul 1 2010, 10:26 AM)
@jasa_wisata

Pak, ruangan advertismen di sini ya http://forum.lowyat.net/ServicesNoticeboard
stimix
post Oct 23 2010, 05:16 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Currently in Jakarta. Staying at Smart Hotel (Abit like Tune but wth simple brakfast & free aircon & 5mbps free wifi cool2.gif ) Located just 3 blocks South of Grand Indonesia mall and only 100M away from Tosari Bus Halt (Jakarta Bus Rapid System)

For the past 2 days, I hv used the BRT and it's by far the fastest & cheapest traveling around the choked city. Price per pax to any destination is at Rp3500 (~RM1.20) almost similar to LRT except buses need to stop at every traffic lights & no rail biggrin.gif . The dedicated bus lanes is blocked from normal trafic & thus no other vehicles except the special buses by Transjakarta..

http://www.transjakarta.co.id/rute.php

Currently having 8 routes and much extensive routes compare to our 2 routes LRT.

BTW, the most modern & probably the largest Mall should be Grand Indonesia although Tmn Angrrek still hold the record,

Super futuristic mall and I think our upmarket Pavillion or even Garden can't even beat the elegance of this super mall... thumbup.gif ..However price is on high side wth whatever luxury branded stuff there just like Pavilion, KLCC & Starhill..Food court probably the best I have seen and much nicer than the Macau Venetian's Canal Mall

For Cheap cloths & IT goto Mangga Dua Mall (BTW, prices of notebook/netbook is slightly cheaper than LYP to my suprise!) - The Mangga Dua IT Mall probably 2X LYP & the Clothing mall probaly twice of Sg Wang! & similar to MBK of BKK. But the mall abit dull & not so modern dy.

Just back from Tmn Angrek Mall. Touted as the largest in Indonesia but I think smaller than Grand Indo & even smaller than Kelapa Gading to me? There is a skating ring on level 3 but currently closed for reno. One think suprise me at Angrrek Mall..Most of the visitors ~ 80% are Chinese indon. Probably the largest single mall wth chinese indon in indon & more than Mangga Dua Glodok area.. shocking.gif

Will update pictures soon brows.gif
ozak
post Oct 23 2010, 06:06 PM

10k Club
Group: Veteran

I alway go jakarta but no time go jalan2.

Last 2week stay at traveller Hotel near the mangga besar road which is like chinatown street. And full of night life.
stimix
post Oct 25 2010, 08:58 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

When I last there (working also not jalanX2 ~ 2005, I even stayed at the suburb area. another district called Bekasi. That even worst haha & that's when everwhere surrounding Bekasi, Cilicing & even Kelapa Gading area like a huge slum area rivaled those in Slumdog millionaire..haha..

This time staying at Smart hotel in the middle and the cleanest part of Jakarta feel secure & more relaxing. Now i can see the good side of Jakarta. Everynite my dining place is at Grand Indonesia mall haha.. Atmosphere even better than Pavilion.

And suprisingly during this 2nd time JalanX2 trip to Jakarta, I saw an amazing changes...Jakarta getting cleaner compare to 2005..Less slums area (probably I was at Central district haha)..Can't see anymore wooden/cardboar houses under the flyovers and etc..

Well..I can say..bravo to the clean-up work for the past 5 yrs by indo Govt..

ozak
post Oct 25 2010, 10:56 AM

10k Club
Group: Veteran

Yes, it getting better. Everywhere I can see they improve the road and the flooding area. But the jam is still there. sad.gif

I use to stay at cikarang town. But now ths town is getting better and upgrading. The traffic improve alot.
stimix
post Oct 25 2010, 11:12 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Well, I avoid the never ending jam by taking their BRT - Bus rapid system...Cheap (rp3500/pax to anywhere!!) & fast avoiding those jams except the buses still need to wait for traffic lights haha

Dun feel the jam using BRT and suprisingly no need to wait very long..every minute during peak hours there will be a bus arriving. Even off-peak on Saturday Evening, I only need to wait for <10min for the bus.. Definetly the best transport to connect the whole of Jakarta. You can take BRT to lotsa destination ! Jakarta such as:

BlokM, Senayan Mall, Grand Indo, Sarinah, Tmn Angrek (New line 8), Ancol & etc...
kons
post Oct 25 2010, 11:27 AM

Конс
Group Icon
Linux & Networking

The places we are going in Jakarta is not covered with their Bus Rapid system, so we will need to endure standard congestion either in taxis or company driver.

One nice thing in Jakarta is that, if you are rushing to a meeting and it's really congested, you can hire a motorcycle guy to send you there for really cheap rate, except when it's raining la.

stimix
post Oct 25 2010, 11:35 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

At the Kota Lama area, or the last BRT line 1 opposite Mandiri Bank museum & also at the Tmn fata.. museum square, they even have bicycle wth one seat at the back & they will carry you around the Old city for rp20K haha
goodforlife
post Nov 2 2010, 09:18 PM

Getting Started

Miss my memory at Jakarta a lot...been there for 6 month...

This post has been edited by goodforlife: Nov 2 2010, 11:59 PM
jamesblunt
post Nov 5 2010, 06:29 PM

at lcct now waiting for flight to jakarta sad.gif airasia promise to board at 1810hrs. now already 1830hrs. oh why.

heard from twitter, merapi dust already reach bandung
kons
post Nov 5 2010, 07:19 PM

Конс
Group Icon
Linux & Networking

QUOTE(jamesblunt @ Nov 5 2010, 06:29 PM)
at lcct now waiting for flight to jakarta sad.gif airasia promise to board at 1810hrs. now already 1830hrs. oh why.

heard from twitter, merapi dust already reach bandung
get used to the delay, especially to Jakarta.
last time I took MAS, delayed for more 2 hours.

Hope yours won't be so long.
jamesblunt
post Nov 6 2010, 02:22 AM

QUOTE(kons @ Nov 5 2010, 07:19 PM)
get used to the delay, especially to Jakarta.
last time I took MAS, delayed for more 2 hours.

Hope yours won't be so long.
mine delayed 1/2 hours. lucky me. not that long delay.

safely arrive in jakarta and go straight to bandung. no reservation, ended up in 'expensive' hotel. 450k per night. oh my

full day ahead of me tomorrow & need to find new hotel smile.gif
kons
post Nov 6 2010, 01:57 PM

Конс
Group Icon
Linux & Networking

QUOTE(jamesblunt @ Nov 6 2010, 02:22 AM)
mine delayed 1/2 hours. lucky me. not that long delay.

safely arrive in jakarta and go straight to bandung. no reservation, ended up in 'expensive' hotel. 450k per night. oh my

full day ahead of me tomorrow & need to find new hotel  smile.gif
450k per night for 4 star hotel is not so bad.
In Jakarta I can get cheapest also MYR 180 for a night in a 4 star hotel.

stimix
post Nov 6 2010, 03:32 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

yeah Jakarta Hotels are not cheap..Even the budget standard similar to Tunes also cost ~ RM100++/nite
Argiope
post Nov 6 2010, 05:28 PM

Getting Started

To those who want a good hotel and don't mind splurging, i highly recommend Hotel Mulia Senayan.

I stayed there for a month when i was on a business trip and i must say it's really good. It's near to the business district area and shopping malls (Plaza Senayan & Senayan City). They have Italian, Chinese, Japanese restaurants and the food are great. And also a disco on the 2nd floor - liquors are kinda overpriced though, IDR1.5mil for a Black Label. Service is excellent (but not the reservation counter) - laundry was never late, good job in housekeeping, they greet you by addressing your surname when they see you at the corridor, they pay attention to very small details and i was pretty amazed.

My room rate was IDR1.2mil including GST per night.
kons
post Nov 6 2010, 07:45 PM

Конс
Group Icon
Linux & Networking

QUOTE(Argiope @ Nov 6 2010, 05:28 PM)
My room rate was IDR1.2mil including GST per night.
Wow, that's expensive, is it a 5 star or what.
IDR 1.2m is like those westin/le meridien rate already.
Senayan area usually I'll stay in atlet century park.
Much cheaper.

Argiope
post Nov 6 2010, 08:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kons @ Nov 6 2010, 07:45 PM)
Wow, that's expensive, is it a 5 star or what.
Yup it's a 5-star hotel. That's why i said if you don't mind splurging. laugh.gif
stimix
post Nov 6 2010, 09:19 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

This is just to confirm that hotel rate in Jakarta is not cheap. Anyway Senayan is not near the Central of Jakarta. The center should be area surrounding Hyatt/ Grand indonesia Mall area.

For those who dun mind hotels without swimming pool. no cafe/restaurant something like Tune & wth boutique quality..Do consider Smart Hotel ..just 2 doors away from Grand Indo Mall..The most luxurious of all malls in Jakarta - Only ~ US$33/nite or Rp300K 7 just 100M away from the nearest BRT halt

jamesblunt
post Nov 7 2010, 08:14 PM

QUOTE(stimix @ Nov 6 2010, 09:19 PM)
This is just to confirm that hotel rate in Jakarta is not cheap. Anyway Senayan is not near the Central of Jakarta. The center should be area surrounding Hyatt/ Grand indonesia Mall area.

For those who dun mind hotels without swimming pool. no cafe/restaurant something like Tune & wth boutique quality..Do consider Smart Hotel ..just 2 doors away from Grand Indo Mall..The most luxurious of all malls in Jakarta - Only ~ US$33/nite or Rp300K 7 just 100M away from the nearest BRT halt
i'm here at smart hotel smile.gif 5mbps internet connection. win! yes Rp300k per nite + Rp5,000 untuk key. I dunno why there's extra 5k for key.

heading out to grand indonesia now smile.gif
stimix
post Nov 8 2010, 03:49 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Yeah Smart hotel really beyond my expectation haha..I paid for a budget stay without expecting much since it's the cheapest AGODA hotel in Jakarta.

Here abit of my belated photo sharing on my 3 Nites in Jakarta..Mostly spent my time inside those shopping mall;s wth only 1 Morning at the old Batvia city + Glodok Chinatown (More like gigantic electronic street of Jln Pasar in KL biggrin.gif )

Smart Hotel interior wth 5mbps Wifi..damn kheng & never expect such service from a budget hotel...If not bcos of the high speed wifi, I probably spend less time inside the hotel!:
user posted image

Grand Indonesia Mall Food Louver - Food Court - One of the best Mall's FC - 2nd to FVenetian Macau..and rivalled our Pavilion FC - well I think better design than Pavilion too haha
user posted image

Nice food but not cheap if compare to KL malls; food court...Equivalent to Hutong food court pricing in KL Lot10! rclxub.gif
user posted image

Mangga Dua Shopping Complex near Chinatown. The only place I heard Hokkien been spoken by shop owners (Well not many of them as most Chinese there also spoke in Indon liao)
user posted image
Linked Mangga Dua ICT mall opposite Mangga Dua mall - Even bigger than LYP!! And Notebook suprisingly cheaper than KL:
user posted image

Old City square of Batvia at the end of Chinatown..Remains of Hollanders:
user posted image

Sunda Kelapa port..damn dirty walking 1 km from the old Batavia city square shakehead.gif
user posted image

Tmn Angrek Mall, the largest Mall in whole Indonesia & even bigger than our Time Square..welll..to me not really hmm.gif . Anyway, this is the mall where I can see almost 80% of shoppers are local chinese.. biggrin.gif
user posted image

The best Wantan mee I tasted in Indonesia so far...They call wantan mee as "Bakmi" and wantan = "pangsit" Located at one end of Angrek Mall - Must try - Halal too
user posted image
user posted image

....continue...

This post has been edited by stimix: Nov 8 2010, 03:51 PM
stimix
post Nov 8 2010, 03:50 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

My daily cheap transportation..Jakarta bus Rapid Transport (BRT) - This halt is just 100m from Smart hotel..in between Grand Indo & Smart Hotel and infront out OUB Bank Jakarta. Best way to escape Jakarta traffic - rp3500 (~RM1.20) to any destinations in jakarta.
user posted image

Jakarta skyline from the bus halt overhead bridge:
user posted image
goodforlife
post Nov 9 2010, 12:49 AM

Getting Started

Jakarta skyline from the bus halt overhead bridge:
user posted image

Grand Indonesia mall near that fountain ??
air_mood
post Nov 9 2010, 01:06 AM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O

Smart hotel, does it have rooms with 2 beds? Or only one?
jamesblunt
post Nov 9 2010, 01:15 AM

QUOTE(air_mood @ Nov 9 2010, 01:06 AM)
Smart hotel, does it have rooms with 2 beds? Or only one?
based on brochure I have here, they only have double bed smile.gif no separate single bed I guess.

the room is really nice.

stimix
post Nov 9 2010, 06:50 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Not only near but beside the Welcome fountain-lah. It was built as part of the expansion of Hotel Indonesia.

QUOTE(goodforlife @ Nov 9 2010, 12:49 AM)

Grand Indonesia mall near that fountain ??
kons
post Nov 9 2010, 08:20 AM

Конс
Group Icon
Linux & Networking

Hi Pak Stimix, who's that chick in the BRT station pic?

Most of their local chinese can converse in their own language so well that it's impossible to find out if they are chinese or not by listening to them talking.

Not like Malaysia, most of the chinese, I would know once I hear them speaking in other languages.

air_mood
post Nov 9 2010, 08:21 AM

Any other cheap hotels to suggest that is fairly central?
stimix
post Nov 9 2010, 08:50 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Haha random shoot.. biggrin.gif During my previous visit to Jakarta, Medan & even Bali, I din notice local Chinese till this trip. I was expecting Indon will speak to me or thinking I'm from China, Korea or Japan as what happening in Bali...Well I was wrong.. They treated me as their locals Spoke to me in IOndon & etc...And the numbers of local chinese in Jakarta are the most I have seen so far in all my past trips to Indonesia.. blush.gif

Previously on working trip, din go shopping much except Kelapa Gading Mall but during lunch hour so really dunno that the chinese in Jakarta are sizeable & noticeable blush.gif
QUOTE(kons @ Nov 9 2010, 08:20 AM)
Hi Pak Stimix, who's that chick in the BRT station pic?

Most of their local chinese can converse in their own language so well that it's impossible to find out if they are chinese or not by listening to them talking.

Not like Malaysia, most of the chinese, I would know once I hear them speaking in other languages.

Added on November 9, 2010, 8:55 amAs mentioned earlier, Smart hotel is the cheapest you can get in Agoda and right in the Ctr of Jln Tamrin. Others ~ Jl Tamrin mostly 3-5stars hotels. Smart is abit small..something like 1st world genting, Tunes, Hotel81 (Singapore) concept i.e without real closet but atleast having bigger bathroom (Wth powerful shower too)

The Queen sized bed also can accommodate 3 if you sleep the other way round wth legs sticking out abit haha..That's how I slept there.. blush.gif biggrin.gif
QUOTE(air_mood @ Nov 9 2010, 08:21 AM)
Any other cheap hotels to suggest that is fairly central?
This post has been edited by stimix: Nov 9 2010, 08:55 AM
air_mood
post Nov 9 2010, 09:41 AM

stimix, how is the room space by the way?? Last time around I was in Jakarta, I had a few friends coming around, so we ended up sleeping on the bed, on the floors and the likes. Enough room to sleep on the floors or is it very compact???

I was looking at Smart Hotel actually. For dates 8-10 january or 15-17, cant seem to score any rooms. Hence looking for options.

This post has been edited by air_mood: Nov 9 2010, 09:44 AM
stimix
post Nov 9 2010, 09:45 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Very compact but abit of space for additional 2 person..one in between the desk & the bed & another between the batroom & bed..You can check the photo posted above. smile.gif Slightly bigger than Hotel81 Singapore & 1st World Genting

QUOTE(air_mood @ Nov 9 2010, 09:41 AM)
stimix, how is the room space by the way?? Last time around I was in Jakarta, I had a few friends coming around, so we ended up sleeping on the bed, on the floors and the likes. Enough room to sleep on the floors or is it very compact???

I was looking at Smart Hotel actually. For dates 8-10 january or 15-17, cant seem to score any rooms. Hence looking for options.
air_mood
post Nov 9 2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks stimix. Any idea what the walk in rates are like?? I was definitely leaning towards Smart Hotel anyways. Just that couldn't get it for the prospective in my head.
goodforlife
post Nov 9 2010, 10:39 AM

Getting Started

ok...i always go to mall kelapa gading...go eat at little penang...it's ok.. got roti canai n teh tarik... smile.gif
stimix
post Nov 9 2010, 10:40 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Walk rate is Rp300,000k for the biggest room. Mine is the biggest. There all smaller windowless rooms too..probably cheaper..rp250K? well not sure din check.

Easier if you book online via Agoda. You still get the walk-in discount of rp300K for that big window room.

Breakfast set is at rp15,000/pax ( but 2 adults breakfast already included in the rate. U pay for 3rd & 4th person). Room key Rp5K well dunno why they ask for this? and also xtra pillow also chargeable & NOT free.. so bring your own pillow...It's not cheap for xtra pillow!
but very small portion..served ~ 8am -9am to your room as not cafe in the Hotel. The best part that amazed me is not really the room but the 5mbps wifi..haha..

This post has been edited by stimix: Nov 9 2010, 10:43 AM
air_mood
post Nov 9 2010, 10:56 AM

That's the thing, cant seem to get on agoda or asiarooms for those dates in my head i.e. 8-10th jan or 15-17th jan. Hence why I'm asking for the walkin rates.

Could try and ask my friend to check for me as well since she's in Jakarta.

Trying my luck, any other hotels you'd suggest that's not too far off which is fairly cheap??
stimix
post Nov 9 2010, 10:59 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Those budget hotels/motels normally located at jln Jaksa..not far from Gambir stations.. Can't find any of those motels in Agoda & heard lotsa jijik stories there too...You can google for jl Jaksa..that's the Khao San road of jakarta..haha
air_mood
post Nov 9 2010, 11:32 AM

Define jijik. I don't really mind a fairly OK hotel as long as it's clean. Not really bothered about pools or even breakfast to be honest as I always eat out.

Smart does seem like an excellent option though, if I can score a room.
stimix
post Nov 9 2010, 11:43 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Jijik meaning those room wth bed bugs /pijak, and bathroom full of dark moses & lotsa crocroahes running around..
air_mood
post Nov 9 2010, 12:00 PM

Hence doesn't qualify as clean that. I did stay at a very2 basic motel if you will. Paid 100k for the nite. Was just planning to sleep before checking in into a hotel the next morning. Very basic room, but fairly clean. Located about 15 minutes or so from the hotel. Can't remember the name of the place though. Taxi driver brought me there.

Will try to ask my local friends whether they know of any other good and fairly cheap hotels.
kiko81
post Nov 23 2010, 08:02 PM

should try alexis hotel in ancol. a hotel where u cannot stay overnite
IamDNSAS
post Dec 3 2010, 09:23 PM

Hi,

Anyone will b in Jakarta on 19th Feb,11?Probably can 'join venture' hehehe

n anyone know any budget hotel nearby to airport as my friend n i will reach jakarta nite time huhuhu

This post has been edited by IamDNSAS: Dec 3 2010, 10:57 PM
bakobak
post Dec 8 2010, 08:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(IamDNSAS @ Dec 3 2010, 09:23 PM)
Hi,

Anyone will b in Jakarta on 19th Feb,11?Probably can 'join venture' hehehe

n anyone know any budget hotel nearby to airport as my friend n i will reach jakarta nite time huhuhu
i'll be there on 19th..which flight are you on? still searching for cheap and clean hotel at the northern part of Jakarta..any suggestion anybody?
slare
post Dec 9 2010, 11:15 AM

Casual

just got back from jakarta. been there for 4 days. what i found were; the food are really good (nasi padang-garuda). the service are excellent. they always greet you. i accidently lost my hp but somebody recovered the hp almost immeadiately. Taxi service is marvellous (no need to ask the driver (malaysian taxi) - just tell them your destination). But the traffic jam will make scream with horror...ever heard in malaysia riding motorcycle also got caught in jam?
cloth are cheap and wide array of selections.

Girls?hmmm...you have to go to high class mall to watch pretty girls.

anyway, l had the best time in my life there... rclxms.gif
syazwaniazizah
post Jan 10 2011, 10:52 PM

QUOTE(slare @ Dec 9 2010, 11:15 AM)
just got back from jakarta. been there for 4 days. what i found were; the food are really good (nasi padang-garuda). the service are excellent. they always greet you. i accidently lost my hp but somebody recovered the hp almost immeadiately. Taxi service is marvellous (no need to ask the driver (malaysian taxi) - just tell them your destination). But the traffic jam will make scream with horror...ever heard in malaysia riding motorcycle also got caught in jam?

hy, may i know, which hotel do u stay? since im going to jakarta next friday. i have no idea yet. tq
Listiani
post Jan 12 2011, 11:40 AM

Agree with u. I've been to Jakarta numerous time for work. I will avoid busy city like Jakarta if I want to go for holiday since I already live in busy city like KL. It stress me more than relaxing.

I'll go for relaxing place like Jogjkarta, Solo, Mount Bromo in Surabaya and surrounding. I normally stay 1 or 2 nite the most in Jakarta.

[quote=enenem,May 15 2009, 10:28 AM]i just bumped into this thread and wish to give some ideas of jakarta...
i know jakarta and my friends went there last week. itz not dat i dont recommend jakarta for vacation, you just have to PLAN your travelling before u go there, coz seriously if you dont plan it wisely, you wont get that fun!

first thing first is the terrible jam you will find there, i will suggest you to visit places that nearby each day coz it is a HUGE city PLUS TRAFFIC JAM summore, so I can guarantee you cannot go to many far far places in one day oni...

second thing is WHAT IS YOUR INTENTION to go there? what i see is ppl going there for:

- SHOPPING : what kind of shopping? if branded items, you better just go to malls here in malaysia, the price and stuff are the same... if you wish to buy unbranded clothes in bulk, or kain, batik, everything in bulk, it is advisable to go there, BUT NOT MANGGA DUA, dat place is very expensive now since foreigner started go there to find the "so-called branded items".

- ENTERTAINMENT (theme park+beach), yes Ancol (Dunia Fantasi) is the best one there. Some kind of Genting but it is nearby beach. But you cant go snorkling there, the water is terrible ahahaha... itz in the center of the city, what else do u expect?

- ENTERTAINMENT (night) this one i can recommend you. many ppl said jakarta is only best for the nite entertainment (maybe becoz at night itz not too hot and no much jam... hehe)

- FOOD... verrryy nice... but BANDUNG IS LOT MORE NICER AND CHEAPER...

Im thinking of other infos, later will update if i got somemore...

Added on May 15, 2009, 10:31 amadded: my fren went to jakarta last week and hes been complaining of the jam, so that he couldnt manage to enjoy his trip there (3days trip) only sempat jalan2 at 2 MALLS (Senayan and Pondok Indah Mall), 1 BOOK MARKET, and take picture in front of MONAS (national monument made from GOLD)

Dont ever try to go there and dont know where to go. Do not easily use TAXI. Better if you get travel guide, or belanja me to go there, I will try to take you around...

smile.gif

[/quote]

Added on January 12, 2011, 12:00 pmThat motorcycle guy call Ojek. I took Ojek once because I was in hurry. Heheheheh!! I got special rates coz they thought I am Indonesian.

One nice thing in Jakarta is that, if you are rushing to a meeting and it's really congested, you can hire a motorcycle guy to send you there for really cheap rate, except when it's raining la.

[/quote]

This post has been edited by Listiani: Jan 12 2011, 12:00 PM
post Jan 12 2011, 02:01 PM

Will be at Jakarta on 16th January 2011 till 18th January 2011. Staying at Hotel Ibis Mangga Dua. Anyone here will be there at the same date? Let's go have fun together smile.gif
maineeechai
post Jan 18 2011, 12:06 AM

I'm planning a trip to Jakarta during Chinese New Year. I would like to know I would need how long time to reach Taman Mini Indonesia from Jakarta Airport. icon_question.gif
stimix
post Jan 18 2011, 12:13 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

How long depending on jam-lah..It's not really far..~ 21km from the airport. & straight way. If no jam, only ~ 30min but when the highway jam expecting 1 hr lor
rayzs
post Feb 1 2011, 01:25 AM

Getting Started

anybody going jakarta on this upcoming chinese new year? hehe..
danielwan
post Mar 10 2011, 12:13 PM

Casual

QUOTE(slare @ Dec 9 2010, 11:15 AM)

Best time in my life sure pergi Stadium or Block M one! smile.gif

Btw I'm going this month end for 4 week. Anybody else going Jakarta?
TS pinkfoxlulu
post Apr 5 2011, 02:44 PM

Getting Started

i planing go jakarta end of this august n stay in marriot
hotel before= booming
user posted image
user posted image
room
user posted image
restaurant
http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/j...our48.jpg?Log=1

after
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
anyone go there afta that case?
GroundMan
post Apr 29 2011, 12:54 AM

Getting Started

haha danielwan i know what u mean brows.gif
zaff1984
post May 24 2011, 12:49 AM

Getting Started

I manage to book AA tix to JKT for 7persons. Total is RM435. 5Days 4nights. 22-26 Feb 2012 (23,24 is CNY). Really cheap i must say. Around RM63/person return (not include airport tax in Indonesia).

My point to JKT is for family vacation, and considering Jakarta-Punchak-Bandung-Jakarta.

I not really in to shopping vacation very much, im into island, sea, nature, culture type of vacation (enjoy Bali very much).

I google-ed "the green canyon", is it near Bandung..? how many hours to take me there from Bandung?

Other than shopping and volcanic places, any suggestion for other attraction?
stimix
post May 24 2011, 02:29 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Bandung really on shopping (Esp Factory Rejected goods/cloths - not for me too) and the only real attraction in Bandung is Tangkubang Prahu Volcano. Is a must and also abit further South of Bandung - Kawah Putih 9I missed this one)

Nothing much to do in Jakarta actually. The Ancol Theme park (If you like it- well not me), Pulau Seribu islands (pretty far out from ancol - I also skip this)..Windows shopping at numerous malls almost similar to Klang Valley such as Anggrik, Mangga Dua, Plaza Indonesia, Blok M, kelapa Gading & more..

For Historical places, the Kota-Tg Priuk area..lotsa pre & colonial buidings here but all like not well maiantained. (So sad)...The Zoo? mini Indonesia & etc..

On Green Canyon, which I never heard about, I google & later found the location inside Navigai.net gps maps...Well, I think you better forget it~ It's 350km from Jakarta & 280 km from Jogjakarta. It will take ~ 5-6 hrs hourney based on my recent 4hrs journey to Dieng Plateau from Jogja..that's only 180km away from jogja smile.gif

QUOTE(zaff1984 @ May 24 2011, 12:49 AM)
I manage to book AA tix to JKT for 7persons. Total is RM435. 5Days 4nights. 22-26 Feb 2012 (23,24 is CNY). Really cheap i must say. Around RM63/person return (not include airport tax in Indonesia).

My point to JKT is for family vacation, and considering Jakarta-Punchak-Bandung-Jakarta.

I not really in to shopping vacation very much, im into island, sea, nature, culture type of vacation (enjoy Bali very much).

I google-ed "the green canyon", is it near Bandung..? how many hours to take me there from Bandung?

Other than shopping and volcanic places, any suggestion for other attraction?
zaff1984
post May 24 2011, 02:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2011, 02:29 PM)
Bandung really on shopping (Esp Factory Rejected goods/cloths - not for me too) and the only real attraction in Bandung is Tangkubang Prahu Volcano. Is a must and also abit further South of Bandung - Kawah Putih 9I missed this one)

Nothing much to do in Jakarta actually. The Ancol Theme park (If you like it- well not me), Pulau Seribu islands (pretty far out from ancol - I also skip this)..Windows shopping at numerous malls almost similar to Klang Valley such as Anggrik, Mangga Dua, Plaza Indonesia, Blok M, kelapa Gading & more..

For Historical places, the Kota-Tg Priuk area..lotsa pre & colonial buidings here but all like not well maiantained. (So sad)...The Zoo? mini Indonesia & etc..

On Green Canyon, which I never heard about, I google & later found the location inside Navigai.net gps maps...Well, I think you better forget it~ It's 350km from Jakarta & 280 km from Jogjakarta.  It will take ~ 5-6 hrs hourney based on my recent 4hrs journey to Dieng Plateau from Jogja..that's only 180km away from jogja  smile.gif
Thank you for your opinion stimix... Theme park..? eerrk I also not into theme park too... hehe... I think will go for window shopping before proceed to Punchak and Bandung...

I am attracted to Pulau Seribu... is it far from Jakarta...? Since I have 5days 4 night... it a marine park right..?

The historical place is worth for a visit..?

OOoo.. 180km++ 4 hours..? I think I'll pass that, dont want to spend much times in transit....
stimix
post May 24 2011, 03:17 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Punchak is using the old non highway road, nowadays, most Express buses to Badnung using highway & thus bypassing Bogor & Puncak..Unless you specificcaly make a seperate trip there together wth Bogor Zoo? (Me also skip these).

Pulau Seribu was my previous itionerarie b4 I decided on Bandung instead of Pulau Seribu...So far I'm not sure where to get the ferry there..I think near Ancol. The Sunda Kelapa port is traditional old port and nothing there except those commercial wooden ships.. I dun think any ferry going there from Sunda Kelapa port (You can skip this too..nothing much to see except the wooden ships) -Earlier I posted about Tg Priuk, that's newer port..tersasul abit haha

The Kota-Sunda Kelapa area are the oldest part of Jakarta i.e the existing Batavia..Well, If you like historical buidings & probably DSLR wth you, you can turn this area into picture perfect memories..Well, just close one eye on the locals throwing rubbish everywhere & the condition of some of these buiding..so sad..The mnuseum also displayed boring items..mostly furnitures of tyhe esiting buiding & etc.. super boring..

TS pinkfoxlulu
post May 24 2011, 06:34 PM

Getting Started

this my first hotel in jakarta(2009)
http://www.millenniumhotels.com/id/millenn...arta/index.html
XD
Misteripunyaolang
post May 24 2011, 11:24 PM

Getting Started

how good is the busway system? Can i rely on it to explore jakarta?
stimix
post May 25 2011, 06:39 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Yes you can to avoid all the jam
QUOTE(Misteripunyaolang @ May 24 2011, 11:24 PM)
how good is the busway system? Can i rely on it to explore jakarta?
zaff1984
post May 26 2011, 12:56 PM

Getting Started

this will be my first time to JKT-Bandung. My friend told me if I got alot of times, she recommend me to take train, their coach quite nice and got steward/stewardess. takes 4 hours. the view also very nice she said to me.

anyone of you got experience take train JKT to Bandung..?

from airport how far the train station and how much the ticket for class 1? got train company website?
stimix
post May 26 2011, 01:44 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

I original plan was to take train to/fro Bandung but last min, direct bus to Bandung from airport instead as it is cheaper. rather than taxi to Gambir station & thereafter train to Bandung..furthermore wasting lotsa time.

From Bandung to Jakarta, I actually bought a train ticket to Jakarta but on that day, Lanslide somewhere along the line & hv to return the ticket and those Train station car rental started to offer direct ticket to Jakarta using private MPV..So no chance...Can't really remember how much but it will not cost a bomb for sure haha..Slightly exp than bus for aircon coach & for economy non aircon much cheaper
Lester1987
post Sep 2 2011, 11:41 AM

Regular

I will be going to Jakarta 2 weeks later.. may i know what place is good to visit? I am going with my colleague. only 2 person.
any good cheap hostel to recommend?
stimix
post Sep 2 2011, 01:46 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

You can consider Smart Hotel - Something similar to Tune.

Jakarta- visit those malls lor such as Indonesia Mall, Anggrek mall, Blok M, Kelapa Gading mall & etc. - For history take the last BRT stop at Kota & walk around that area.
dark_paladin
post Sep 26 2011, 12:17 PM

Hi all,

Any suggestion for a decent Hotel near Mangga Dua/Mangga Besar for 3 ppl?

Budget is about RM200/nite? Checked Agoda website, all have additional bed cost which increases the price.

Thanks
stimix
post Sep 26 2011, 12:26 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Just book for 2 person but sleep 3. However certain smaller hostel/guesthouses do scan number of occupants..I kena once I asked to pay additional 1 pax haha.

I stayed at Smart Hotel wth 5000kbps super fast broadband...cool..Located beside Indonesian Plaza in the middle of CBD.. cleaner location compare wth Glodok/ Mangga Besar area
dark_paladin
post Sep 26 2011, 01:06 PM

QUOTE(stimix @ Sep 26 2011, 12:26 PM)
Just book for 2 person but sleep 3. However certain smaller hostel/guesthouses do scan number of occupants..I kena once I asked to pay additional 1 pax haha.

I stayed at Smart Hotel wth 5000kbps super fast broadband...cool..Located beside Indonesian Plaza in the middle of CBD.. cleaner location compare wth Glodok/ Mangga Besar area
Thanks for the info. Do Smart Hotel scan for occupants? Was thinking of it, coz recommended by Lowyattians.
stimix
post Sep 26 2011, 02:04 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

No. It's a hotel. So it's OK. That hotel more like a boutique style budget hotel suprisingly the room is spacious
dark_paladin
post Sep 26 2011, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. Maybe gonna book Smart hotel after all.. biggrin.gif
stimix
post Sep 26 2011, 03:36 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

One thing bad about Smart hotel - no breakfast cafe. Your meal will be delivered in polystrene container just like chapfan/nasi campur style and it's rather late ~ 8:30am. so late..Anyway, if 3 of you you can buy the additional 1 breakfast..pretty cheap I think only 15,000 ruapiah. But if you want xtra pillow, you need to pay darn..1 xtra pillow 10,000rupiah!!
kakamal
post Dec 20 2011, 02:18 PM

Getting Started

Hi everyone, any cheap hotel (RM150/nite) that walking distance to shopping mall?. I've tried to book smart hotel from agoda.com but it was fully-booked. I'll be there from 14-17 January 2012.

Thanks in advance.
felicia666
post Jan 4 2012, 02:25 PM

Group: Validating

This post has been edited by felicia666: Jan 5 2012, 10:46 PM
cybermaster98
post Jan 4 2012, 02:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!

KLM is offering direct return flights from KLIA-Jakarta for only RM 387 (all inclusive) around May/June 2012. This is not code share and is using KLM's Boeing 777-300 jumbo planes.
Listiani
post Jan 4 2012, 03:13 PM

I am going to JKT this May. I am planning to take KLM tongue.gif

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Jan 4 2012, 02:33 PM)
KLM is offering direct return flights from KLIA-Jakarta for only RM 387 (all inclusive) around May/June 2012. This is not code share and is using KLM's Boeing 777-300 jumbo planes.
darthfnd
post Jan 10 2012, 09:28 AM

guys,

need your help,
going to jakarta and bandung this coming 23rd january.
can u all reconmend me any place to visit there.
because this is my 1st time going there ^-^
stimix
post Jan 10 2012, 09:35 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Just read few pages backwards and u have abit of idea liao..Thereafter you probably can be more specific...

sinner21
post Jan 10 2012, 10:04 AM

QUOTE(darthfnd @ Jan 10 2012, 09:28 AM)
guys,

need your help,
going to jakarta and bandung this coming 23rd january.
can u all reconmend me any place to visit there.
because this is my 1st time going there ^-^
if in jakarta u go try explore this 3 luxury mal which is connected or near by first grand indonesia -> plaza indonesia -> fx, if u want branded stuff non ori but same quality/look like ori can go to mangga dua, if u want to buy some silk go to tanah abang, if u want to fell refreshing in sea go to ancol and pay a visit dufan, if u want fresh seafood from sea go muara karang, go to kota there a historical place around museum fatahillah is good for photography, if u want to know indonesia go to TMII where u can see comodo dragon in there no need to go to comodo island, go to menteng and thamrin for sighseeing, if u want to see the biggest mall in jakarta i think go to kelapa gading to mall of indonesia.

if in bandung go to dago atas go at night is more gooding is like ampang look out point, go to kawah putih is a nice place, gedung sate and eat nasi bakar near there is gooding yo, for shopping go to jalan dago, jalan cihampelas, jalan otto and if u want to have sex go to saritem

hope it help
darthfnd
post Jan 10 2012, 10:29 AM

QUOTE(sinner21 @ Jan 10 2012, 10:04 AM)
if in jakarta u go try explore this 3 luxury mal which is connected or near by first grand indonesia -> plaza indonesia -> fx, if u want branded stuff non ori but same quality/look like ori can go to mangga dua, if u want to buy some silk go to tanah abang, if u want to fell refreshing in sea go to ancol and pay a visit dufan, if u want fresh seafood from sea go muara karang, go to kota there a historical place around museum fatahillah is good for photography, if u want to know indonesia go to TMII where u can see comodo dragon in there no need to go to comodo island, go to menteng and thamrin for sighseeing, if u want to see the biggest mall in jakarta i think go to kelapa gading to mall of indonesia.

if in bandung go to dago atas go at night is more gooding is like ampang look out point, go to kawah putih is a nice place, gedung sate and eat nasi bakar near there is gooding yo, for shopping go to jalan dago, jalan cihampelas, jalan otto and if u want to have sex go to saritem

hope it help
thank u so much for ur help...
really appreciate it notworthy.gif
stimix
post Jan 10 2012, 10:32 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Sinner21,

I'm confused abit, It was listed that Taman Anggrik Mall still the largest mall in Jakarta but as I agreed with you, Kelapa Gading is even larger wth two wings just like Garden & Mid Valley combined or Iu New & Old..

Anyway, Plaza Indonesia probably the most luxury one indeed..I was like in culture shock when I step in to Plaza Indonesia 1st time..can be as good as Pavilion of KL...& maybe better...The food court in Plaza Indonesia one of the most modern in the region

Added on January 10, 2012, 10:34 amdarfnd:

Check also my photo itineraries on pg 5 here:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=37613414

Also check out seperate Bandung thread.. I hv also posted photo itineraries there

Added on January 10, 2012, 10:38 amOK found abit of my Bandung 2D 1N short trip:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=37612541

This post has been edited by stimix: Jan 10 2012, 10:38 AM
sinner21
post Jan 10 2012, 11:06 AM

QUOTE(stimix @ Jan 10 2012, 10:32 AM)
Sinner21,

I'm confused abit, It was listed that Taman Anggrik Mall still the largest mall in Jakarta but as I agreed with you, Kelapa Gading is even larger wth two wings just like Garden & Mid Valley combined or Iu New & Old..

Anyway, Plaza Indonesia probably the most luxury one indeed..I was like in culture shock when I step in to Plaza Indonesia 1st time..can be as good as Pavilion of KL...& maybe better...The food court in Plaza Indonesia one of the most modern in the region

yes mall taman anggrek is the largest but some ppl say grand indonesia is more largest one, some say mall of indonesia is the largest one, and the new one now the gandaria city mall is the largest mall ppl say hehe.

yeah those 3 mall (grand indonesia kempinski, plaza indonesia, fx) is the luxurious place in jakarta and no question about it that mall is modern and hi end in the region hehe

btw darthfnd

i forget mention if u want to hang out place in jakarta go to kemang is really good place for hang out

darthfnd
post Jan 10 2012, 11:19 AM

QUOTE(sinner21 @ Jan 10 2012, 11:06 AM)
yes mall taman anggrek is the largest but some ppl say grand indonesia is more largest one, some say mall of indonesia is the largest one, and the new one now the gandaria city mall is the largest mall ppl say hehe.

yeah those 3 mall (grand indonesia kempinski, plaza indonesia, fx) is the luxurious place in jakarta and no question about it that mall is modern and hi end in the region hehe

btw darthfnd

i forget mention if u want to hang out place in jakarta go to kemang is really good place for hang out
waahhhh...
with all dis info, can't wait 2 go there ^-^
rclxms.gif
Calvin Seak
post Mar 2 2012, 08:10 AM

Pushing the limits

Hey guys is it safe to carry a dslr around Jakarta? Ill be there on the 17th till 19th wink.gif
sfwong1
post May 22 2012, 09:40 PM

Casual

want to ask, what is there to visit in jakarta. from previous page i read alot of shopping mall like block M, mangga dua etc etc. can suggest some to me pls... and also got what nice club in jakarta? wanna test test the water there brows.gif brows.gif
hiiragizawa
post May 23 2012, 04:17 AM

Casual

Can anybody recommend a voice & data plan sim card on the cheap that is comparable to our u mobile prepaid plan in Jakarta? Prepaid/postpaid from telkomsel, indosat and smart still looks super expensive to me.

also, i've been told that 3g is pretty bad over there and that is teh reason why blackberry is more prevalent. is this true?

This post has been edited by hiiragizawa: May 23 2012, 04:27 AM
stimix
post May 23 2012, 08:53 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(sfwong1 @ May 22 2012, 09:40 PM)
want to ask, what is there to visit in jakarta. from previous page i read alot of shopping mall like block M, mangga dua etc etc. can suggest some to me pls... and also got what nice club in jakarta? wanna test test the water there  brows.gif  brows.gif
Dunno about pubs but Jakarta..just shoppings and if you like history, can goto the last BRT stop at Kota near Glodok and walk around the Dutch colonial district...Well..it such a pity they dun really upkeep this area properly sad.gif ...If you hv the strenght, walk further to SUnda Kelapa Batvia port and watch the wooden cargo ship activities

Added on May 23, 2012, 8:55 am
QUOTE(hiiragizawa @ May 23 2012, 04:17 AM)
Can anybody recommend a voice & data plan sim card on the cheap that is comparable to our u mobile prepaid plan in Jakarta? Prepaid/postpaid from telkomsel, indosat and smart still looks super expensive to me.

also, i've been told that 3g is pretty bad over there and that is teh reason why blackberry is more prevalent. is this true?
If you're not staying long-term there, might as well prepaid min skype credit that last you for years.. (I bought US$10 since ~ 2007 and till now still ~ US$5 in a/c). Thereafter.. just call back from your hotel..and look for the hotel wth free WIFI - very usefull

This post has been edited by stimix: May 23 2012, 08:55 AM
MiaFatinn
post May 23 2012, 11:21 AM

Anyone can recommend a good 'supir'? We need one to get around and how much does he charges?

thank you so much.
stimix
post May 23 2012, 12:57 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(MiaFatinn @ May 23 2012, 11:21 AM)
Anyone can recommend a good 'supir'? We need one to get around and how much does he charges?

thank you so much.
If Jakarta - No need - gpt BRT and very convenient bypassing all the jam. Bandung - try google " Mobil sewa Bandung"
MiaFatinn
post May 23 2012, 01:19 PM

QUOTE(stimix @ May 23 2012, 12:57 PM)
If Jakarta - No need - gpt BRT and very convenient bypassing all the jam. Bandung - try google " Mobil sewa Bandung"
Looking for Bandung -just now got quotation from Mulia Car Rental -very expensive RP474K per day. Hmm.. doh.gif . Will try to look but if anyone knows or have personally use anyone good, do let me know please, coz we are all girls going. Thanks.
stimix
post May 23 2012, 02:01 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(MiaFatinn @ May 23 2012, 01:19 PM)
Looking for Bandung -just now got quotation from Mulia Car Rental -very expensive RP474K per day. Hmm.. doh.gif . Will try to look but if anyone knows or have personally use anyone good, do let me know please, coz we are all girls going. Thanks.
I just walked in to the railway stn.. Dun hv any plan and was approache by the only car rental cum transport/taxi operator there.. Offered me 400K rupiah and I reduced to 350K...you can try them..
MiaFatinn
post May 23 2012, 03:11 PM

QUOTE(stimix @ May 23 2012, 02:01 PM)
I just walked in to the railway stn.. Dun hv any plan and was approache by the only car rental cum transport/taxi operator there.. Offered me 400K rupiah and I reduced to 350K...you can try them..
Oh, I am not sure if our hotel is near to the railway stn, you dont keep their no by any chance? Anyway, thanks for your tips.
hiiragizawa
post May 23 2012, 04:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(stimix @ May 23 2012, 08:53 AM)
Dunno about pubs but Jakarta..just shoppings and if you like history, can goto the last BRT stop at Kota near Glodok and walk around the Dutch colonial district...Well..it such a pity they dun really upkeep this area properly  sad.gif ...If you hv the strenght, walk further to SUnda Kelapa Batvia port and watch the wooden cargo ship activities

If you're not staying long-term there, might as well prepaid min skype credit that last you for years.. (I bought US$10 since ~ 2007 and till  now still ~ US$5 in a/c). Thereafter.. just call back from your hotel..and look for the hotel wth free WIFI - very usefull
Hey Stimix,
Thanks for the Skype tip. Unfortunately, it's gonna be a long term thing - 6 months to 1 year. Even the best postpaid plans still have bad rates - rp 5 /kb. Need something less restrictive.

Just to add on, I could find a reasonable broadband dongle plan from Smartfren Connex - 6GB monthly for Rp. 1 million.

This post has been edited by hiiragizawa: May 23 2012, 05:06 PM
sfwong1
post May 23 2012, 05:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(stimix @ May 23 2012, 08:53 AM)
Dunno about pubs but Jakarta..just shoppings and if you like history, can goto the last BRT stop at Kota near Glodok and walk around the Dutch colonial district...Well..it such a pity they dun really upkeep this area properly  sad.gif ...If you hv the strenght, walk further to SUnda Kelapa Batvia port and watch the wooden cargo ship activities

If you're not staying long-term there, might as well prepaid min skype credit that last you for years.. (I bought US$10 since ~ 2007 and till  now still ~ US$5 in a/c). Thereafter.. just call back from your hotel..and look for the hotel wth free WIFI - very usefull
jakarta abit like singapore rite. shopping mall only.
stimix
post May 23 2012, 05:34 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

No- more like Bangkok.. The modern part surrounding Jln Tamrim where the most modern Indonesian mall - Plaza Indonesia (as luxury as Pavillion) - just like KL. The older part Glodok/Mangga Dua/Kota area.. like Bangkok dark dark buidings or like our Chow Kit area haha...

The shopping malls are far apart from each others.. not like Bkt Bintang - KLCC corridors that you can walk within those malls.. you need to take diff BRT to diff malls in Diff cities surrounding Jakarta
sfwong1
post May 23 2012, 08:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(stimix @ May 23 2012, 05:34 PM)
No- more like Bangkok.. The modern part surrounding Jln Tamrim where the most modern Indonesian mall - Plaza Indonesia (as luxury as Pavillion) - just like KL. The older part Glodok/Mangga Dua/Kota area.. like Bangkok dark dark buidings or like our Chow Kit area haha...

The shopping malls are far apart from each others.. not like Bkt Bintang - KLCC corridors that you can walk within those malls.. you need to take diff BRT to diff malls in Diff cities surrounding Jakarta
i see. but it seems like just shopping mall around jakarta.
stimix
post May 23 2012, 08:02 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

All big cities are like that what.. What you expect more? That's why should go further i,e to Bandung, Pulau Seribu, Bogor, Puncak & etc
sfwong1
post May 23 2012, 09:50 PM

Casual

yeah im going to jakarta from bandung. thought got some old monument to see
hiiragizawa
post May 23 2012, 09:55 PM

Casual

Just want to add that the nearest analogous Umobile rm28 prepaid plan in Indonesia is Telkomsel's prepaid* Kartu Facebook plan which gives 500MB per month for RM34.

*edited Kartu facebook from post to pre.

This post has been edited by hiiragizawa: May 23 2012, 11:22 PM
stimix
post May 23 2012, 10:03 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(sfwong1 @ May 23 2012, 09:50 PM)
yeah im going to jakarta from bandung. thought got some old monument to see
Old Monument for sure there got-lah as I mentioned earlier near the last BRT stop in North Jakarta (Kota). Within that area is the Dutch colonial buidings.. Lotsa of old & not so well maintained buidings there inc the Fathalilar Square..Also the oldest Sunda Kelapa Port also there

Added on May 23, 2012, 10:04 pm
QUOTE(hiiragizawa @ May 23 2012, 09:55 PM)
Just want to add that the nearest analogous Umobile rm28 prepaid plan in Indonesia is Telkomsel's postpaid Kartu Facebook plan which gives 500MB per month for RM34.
Easier just get free wifi from the hotel biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by stimix: May 23 2012, 10:04 PM
hiiragizawa
post May 23 2012, 10:47 PM

Casual

QUOTE(stimix @ May 23 2012, 10:03 PM)
Old Monument for sure there got-lah as I mentioned earlier near the last BRT stop in North Jakarta (Kota). Within that area is the Dutch colonial buidings.. Lotsa of old & not so well maintained buidings there inc the Fathalilar Square..Also the oldest Sunda Kelapa Port also there

Added on May 23, 2012, 10:04 pm

Easier just get free wifi from the hotel  biggrin.gif
I guess... For travelers... Unfortunately, I will be in an apartment.

I think I will compile a list of telco plans for others to reference.
nestahng
post Jun 2 2012, 01:51 AM

Getting Started

Hi guys,

Any recommended pub/restaurant selling Germany draft beer? Paulaner Bierhaus here doesn't serve Paulaner! What a joke!
samho0303
post Jun 17 2012, 12:47 AM

Hi i'm Sam From Jakarta, i just wanna help all travellers here, if you want to ask something about jakarta, bandung, puncak, etc

Jakarta
what you can do?

Shopping
- Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia, Senayan City, Plaza Senayan, Mall Kelapa Gading (branded item)
- Blok M, Tanah Abang, Senen, Pasar Baru, Mangga Dua, etc (for not ori item but very cheap)

- Kota Tua
- Sunda Kelapa
- Ancol (dunia Fantasi)
- Ancol Seaworld
- Taman Mini
- Ragunan
- etc

you can also go to Kepulauan Seribu (Pulau tidung, pulau air, pulau bidadari, etc) by boat and stay there, good sea, blue water, very good for snorkeling or diving

or you can go to bogor, and puncak to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of the hills and tea garden

you can also go to bandung for shopping "distro item" every where arround bandung
very cheap

in bandung you can also go to (search google for image)
- kawah putih (ciwidey)
- tangkuban perahu
- garut
- kampung daun
- the valley
- Lembang
- etc

just ask me and I will try to help you... biggrin.gif

PetPM
post Jun 17 2012, 11:05 AM

I will be in Jakarta this 24th June, but prepare nothing at this moment
Need help,

1. Isit convenient to travel by public transport, if not where can i rent a small van for 5 pax
2. In Jakarta, where is best place i can hangout at night for clubbing
3. Can you recomend where is nice place\restaurant for nice local food. I love street food but not sure what is nice on the street as i've been to Jogjakarta once, but nothing attract me other than indome
4. How long it takes to travel frm Jakarta to Bandung (Isit possible to go there in the morning and back to Jakarta at night?)
bookstore
post Jun 17 2012, 11:10 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(PetPM @ Jun 17 2012, 11:05 AM)
Need help,

1. Isit convenient to travel by public transport, if not where can i rent a small van for 5 pax
3. Can you recomend where is nice place\restaurant for nice local food. I love street food but not sure what is nice on the street as i've been to Jogjakarta once, but nothing attract me other than indome
4. How long it takes to travel frm Jakarta to Bandung (Isit possible to go there in the morning and back to Jakarta at night?)
1. I went there and rent an Avanza with driver. Be reminded, Jakarta traffic is horrible.
4. It depends weekend or weekday. If weekday, normally took 2 hours without traffic jam.
But if weekend, lotsa people from Jakarta will go Bandung for a small break and it took me up to 5 hours when i went last time.
samho0303
post Jun 17 2012, 01:18 PM

QUOTE(PetPM @ Jun 17 2012, 10:05 AM)
Need help,

hi there,

1. i think you better rent a car like avansa or innova with driver it cost 130 MYR to 300 MYR for 24 hours, but if you still wanna to use public transport you can use busway, angkot, metromini, kopaja, but the condition is terrible.. ( twitter @rentallestari Call Center : (021) 91937563,, you can search another rental car in jakarta in google)

2. hmm : x2 lounge in senayan, blowfish at gatot subroto, Dragonfly at semanggi, for clubbing... in the night you can also go to kemang, its a reallly good place for have fun, eat, drinking beer, etc in kemang, (search it on google), there is many place for clubbling too in kemang..

3. hehehe.. for restaurant i recoment you : Ikan Bakar Cianjur Jl. Batu Tulis No. 39 Kebon Kelapa Gambir Jakarta Pusat DKI Jakarta, 10130, Indonesia, Ayam Kremes Keraton Jl. Bulevar Kelapa Gading Blok FV 1 No. 9, Jakarta - (021) 4585-7967, Kemang also have many streets food you can try, Ayam Bakar Ganthari Jl. Bulungan Raya behind Blok M, try going to jalan sabang there is many foods like sate kambing, tongseng, nasi goreng, bubur ayam, etc

4. yaah there is already a highway from jakarta to bandung, it takes 2,5 hours by car, its possible to go there in the morning and back to jkt at night, but i think you should not go at weekend, the trrafic in bandung is become horrible on weekend , because many local jakarta peoples also going to bandung on the weekend

PetPM
post Jun 17 2012, 02:37 PM

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 17 2012, 01:18 PM)
hi there,

1. i think you better rent a car like avansa or innova with driver it cost 130 MYR to 300 MYR for 24 hours, but if you still wanna to use public transport  you can use busway, angkot, metromini, kopaja, but the condition is terrible.. ( twitter @rentallestari Call Center : (021) 91937563,, you can search another rental car in jakarta in google)

2. hmm : x2 lounge in senayan, blowfish at gatot subroto, Dragonfly at semanggi, for clubbing... in the night you can also go to kemang, its a reallly good place for have fun, eat, drinking beer, etc in kemang, (search it on google), there is many place for clubbling too in kemang..

3. hehehe.. for restaurant i recoment you : Ikan Bakar Cianjur Jl. Batu Tulis No. 39 Kebon Kelapa Gambir Jakarta Pusat DKI Jakarta, 10130, Indonesia, Ayam Kremes Keraton Jl. Bulevar Kelapa Gading Blok FV 1 No. 9, Jakarta - (021) 4585-7967, Kemang also have many streets food you can try, Ayam Bakar Ganthari Jl. Bulungan Raya behind Blok M, try going to jalan sabang there is many foods like sate kambing, tongseng, nasi goreng, bubur ayam, etc

4. yaah there is already a highway from jakarta to bandung, it takes 2,5 hours by car, its possible to go there in the morning and back to jkt at night, but i think you should not go at weekend, the trrafic in bandung is become horrible on weekend , because many local jakarta peoples also going to bandung on the weekend
Hi...

1. is kemang far away from Jl. Hayam Wuruk No. 111 F-G, Jakarta Barat. 11160?
2. Isit convenient for us to move around shopping complex and places you recomend below:
Shopping

- Kota Tua
- Sunda Kelapa
- Ancol (dunia Fantasi)
- Ancol Seaworld
- Taman Mini
- Ragunan
- etc

3. Nasi padang, where would you recomend? What is most famous food is Jakarta?

samho0303
post Jun 17 2012, 03:37 PM

QUOTE(PetPM @ Jun 17 2012, 01:37 PM)
Hi...

1. is kemang far away from Jl. Hayam Wuruk No. 111 F-G, Jakarta Barat. 11160?
2. Isit convenient for us to move around shopping complex and places you recomend below:
Shopping

- Kota Tua
- Sunda Kelapa
- Ancol (dunia Fantasi)
- Ancol Seaworld
- Taman Mini
- Ragunan
- etc

3. Nasi padang, where would you recomend? What is most famous food is Jakarta?
1. Hayam Wuruk located in west Jakarta, Kemang on south Jakarta.. 30-40minutes by car, better go to kemang at night
2. - Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia, Senayan City, Plaza Senayan, Mall Kelapa Gading (branded item) ---- Very convenient for visited
- Blok M, Pasar Baru, Mangga Dua, ---- still good and safe for visited
- Tanah Abang, Senen ------ you will get very cheap price but you have to be more vigilant when shopping here
- Pasar Seni Ancol, Antique Market Jalan Surabaya (for art items) ---- Very convenient for visited

- Kota Tua Very convenient for visited
- Sunda Kelapa Very convenient for visited
- Ancol (dunia Fantasi) Very convenient for visited
- Ancol Seaworld Very convenient for visited
- Waterboom Pantai Indak Kapuk Very convenient for visited
- Taman Mini Very convenient for visited
- Ragunan Very convenient for visited

3. for Nasi Padang, there are so many nasi padang in jakarta, i recomen you Nasi padang Garuda on Hayam Wuruk, or Nasi Padang sederhana (many place), but you can also try random Padang Resto too, sometimes they are more delicious and cheap, LOL

PetPM
post Jun 17 2012, 06:40 PM

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 17 2012, 03:37 PM)
1. Hayam Wuruk located in west Jakarta, Kemang on south Jakarta.. 30-40minutes by car, better go to kemang at night
2. - Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia, Senayan City, Plaza Senayan, Mall Kelapa Gading (branded item) ---- Very convenient for visited
- Blok M, Pasar Baru, Mangga Dua, ---- still good and safe for visited
- Tanah Abang, Senen ------ you will get very cheap price but you have to be more vigilant when shopping here
- Pasar Seni Ancol, Antique Market Jalan Surabaya (for art items) ---- Very convenient for visited

- Kota Tua Very convenient for visited
- Sunda Kelapa Very convenient for visited
- Ancol (dunia Fantasi) Very convenient for visited
- Ancol Seaworld Very convenient for visited
- Waterboom Pantai Indak Kapuk Very convenient for visited
- Taman Mini Very convenient for visited
- Ragunan Very convenient for visited

3. for Nasi Padang, there are so many nasi padang in jakarta, i recomen you Nasi padang Garuda on Hayam Wuruk, or Nasi Padang sederhana (many place), but you can also try random Padang Resto too, sometimes they are more delicious and cheap, LOL
The places you mention very convenient for visited, do we need a car? how long is the distance, if by walking can we reach?
samho0303
post Jun 17 2012, 07:08 PM

QUOTE(PetPM @ Jun 17 2012, 05:40 PM)
The places you mention very convenient for visited, do we need a car? how long is the distance, if by walking can we reach?
you stay at hayam wuruk right?
go to glodok, kota tua, plaza indonesia, grand indonesia, senayan city, by bus Transjakarta
hayam wuruk to kota tua, glodok 20 minutes walking, 3-5 minutes by bus
hayam wuruk to plaza indonesia 20-30 minutes by Bus Transjakarta (stop in Bunderan HI)
plaza indonesia to grand indonesia just 2 minutes walk (grand Indonesia is behind plaza indonesia)
hayam wuruk to senayan City 30-40 minutes by Bus Transjakarta, or you can go to senayan city from plaza indonesia 20 minutes by bus Transjakarta (stop in bunderan senayan)
hayam wuruk to Blok M by Bus transjakarta 40-45 minutes by Bus Trans Jakarta

Hayam Wuruk to pasar baru you can use Bus Transjakarta too, but you have to change buses in "harmony shelters" to pasar baru

others you'd better use car
hayam wuruk to Mangga dua 10-15 minutes by car (if the trafic good)
hayam wuruk to ancol 30 minutes by car (if the trafic good) (pasar seni ancol seaworld, dufan)
hayam wuruk to taman mini 1 hour by car (if the trafic good)
hayam wuruk to ragunan 1 hour by car (if the trafic good)
hayam wuruk to sunda kelapa 20 minutes by car (if the trafic good)

you'd better making itinerary so i can help you more.. biggrin.gif

busTrasJakarta route
http://davecandra.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/trans.jpg
nb, if you stay in hayam wuruk you start using bus TransJakarta in olimo, glodok, or sawah besar (red line)
you can also go to ragunan, ancol, by Trans Jakarta too, but it wil be long way
FYI indonesian peoples always say busway altough it's named Bus TransJakarta

This post has been edited by samho0303: Jun 17 2012, 07:19 PM
PetPM
post Jun 18 2012, 11:58 AM

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 17 2012, 07:08 PM)
you stay at hayam wuruk right?
go to glodok, kota tua, plaza indonesia, grand indonesia, senayan city, by bus Transjakarta
hayam wuruk to kota tua, glodok 20 minutes walking, 3-5 minutes by bus
hayam wuruk to plaza indonesia 20-30 minutes by Bus Transjakarta (stop in Bunderan HI)
plaza indonesia to grand indonesia just 2 minutes walk (grand Indonesia is behind plaza indonesia)
hayam wuruk to senayan City 30-40 minutes by Bus Transjakarta, or you can go to senayan city from plaza indonesia 20 minutes by bus Transjakarta (stop in bunderan senayan)
hayam wuruk to Blok M by Bus transjakarta 40-45 minutes by Bus Trans Jakarta

Hayam Wuruk to pasar baru you can use Bus Transjakarta too, but you have to change buses in "harmony shelters" to pasar baru

others you'd better use car
hayam wuruk to Mangga dua 10-15 minutes by car (if the trafic good)
hayam wuruk to ancol 30 minutes by car (if the trafic good) (pasar seni ancol seaworld, dufan)
hayam wuruk to taman mini 1 hour by car (if the trafic good)
hayam wuruk to ragunan 1 hour by car (if the trafic good)
hayam wuruk to sunda kelapa 20 minutes by car (if the trafic good)

you'd better making itinerary so i can help you more.. biggrin.gif

busTrasJakarta route
http://davecandra.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/trans.jpg
nb, if you stay in hayam wuruk you start using bus TransJakarta in olimo, glodok, or sawah besar (red line)
you can also go to ragunan, ancol, by Trans Jakarta too, but it wil be long way
FYI indonesian peoples always say busway altough it's named Bus TransJakarta
How much is the current exit tax?
samho0303
post Jun 18 2012, 12:47 PM

QUOTE(PetPM @ Jun 18 2012, 10:58 AM)
How much is the current exit tax?
sorry i dont understand what you mean,, ?? smile.gif
PetPM
post Jun 18 2012, 02:27 PM

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 18 2012, 12:47 PM)
sorry i dont understand what you mean,, ??  smile.gif
i remember when i went to Jogjakarta, i need to pay some tax or exit fee but dont remember how much
stimix
post Jun 18 2012, 03:29 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

All airports you have to pay airport taxes. However lotsa airports already having or tied up wth airliners and thus the airliners are the one collecting those airport taxes on behalf of the airports.

For Indonesia, they collect themselves instead of airliners and thus, every exiting visitors have to pay tax 1st before they are allowed entry to the departure hall.

For bigger airports like Jakarta & Bali should be Rp150,000 and for smaller airports like Medan /Jogja ~ rp75,000 if I still can recall.
PetPM
post Jun 18 2012, 10:25 PM

If i take cab within jakarta, isit expansive?
samho0303
post Jun 19 2012, 04:05 AM

QUOTE(PetPM @ Jun 18 2012, 09:25 PM)
i think the price is same with taxi meters in kl
stimix
post Jun 19 2012, 07:00 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(PetPM @ Jun 18 2012, 10:25 PM)
Better take BRT. less jam. you reach your destination faster on BRT rather than taxi. furthermore cheaper. As earlier forumer said.. taxi rate almost similar yo KL and as u stuck in the jam the meter still moving as usual.. I took cab from the railway stn to my Hotel too.. damn the congestion rclxub.gif
weirdguy
post Jun 20 2012, 11:12 AM

On my way

Hello all,

I am going to Jakarta on this coming September for a few days of working visit. I will be staying at Harris Kelapa Gading for all nights. However, I plan to move to Central Jakarta for the weekend, just checking out downtown Jakarta such as shopping. It is my first time in Jakarta, between.

So far, I had found Pullman Central Jakarta. Any affordable alternative, yet close that area? Or you have better alternative at other location.

Any comment is welcome. Thanks you.

stimix
post Jun 20 2012, 08:30 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Kelapa Gading Mall already good choice already. Huge mall wth 2 sections just like Mid Valley & Garden or 1U old & new wing
weirdguy
post Jun 20 2012, 10:41 PM

On my way

QUOTE(stimix @ Jun 20 2012, 08:30 PM)
Kelapa Gading Mall already good choice already. Huge mall wth 2 sections just like Mid Valley & Garden or 1U old & new wing
Yeah, true.
I will spend 2 nights at Kelapa Gading Mall. After that, I thought of traveling to downtown for 2 nights, before my departure. What you think?
samho0303
post Jun 21 2012, 02:17 AM

QUOTE(weirdguy @ Jun 20 2012, 10:12 AM)
Hello all,

I am going to Jakarta on this coming September for a few days of working visit. I will be staying at Harris Kelapa Gading for all nights. However, I plan to move to Central Jakarta for the weekend, just checking out downtown Jakarta such as shopping. It is my first time in Jakarta, between.

So far, I had found Pullman Central Jakarta. Any affordable alternative, yet close that area? Or you have better alternative at other location.

Any comment is welcome. Thanks you.
pullman is very good choice, near to plaza indonesia, grand indonesia, jalan sabang, jalan jaksa, etc
many travellers told that the japanese food restaurant in pullman was taste really really great
you can try go to plaza semanggi, waiting for sunset and having dinner in sky dinning,, you can also see jakarta landscape at night

when you in gading area, you can try nuris steak Jalan Boulevard Raya TB 2 No 27, Kelapa Gading (if u eat pork) the pork ribs is awsome tongue.gif

when you go to kelapa gading mall, do not forget to visit La Piazza, its a nice place at night

if there anything to ask, i will gladly trying to help you smile.gif

This post has been edited by samho0303: Jun 21 2012, 02:27 AM
weirdguy
post Jun 21 2012, 09:14 AM

On my way

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 21 2012, 02:17 AM)
pullman is very good choice, near to plaza indonesia, grand indonesia, jalan sabang, jalan jaksa, etc
many travellers told that the japanese food restaurant in pullman was taste really really great
you can try go to plaza semanggi, waiting for sunset and having dinner in sky dinning,, you can also see jakarta landscape at night

when you in gading area, you can try nuris steak Jalan Boulevard Raya TB 2 No 27, Kelapa Gading (if u eat pork) the pork ribs is awsome  tongue.gif

when you go to kelapa gading mall, do not forget to visit La Piazza, its a nice place at night

if there anything to ask, i will gladly trying to help you  smile.gif
Thanks for great tips.

Do you think you could recommend an alternative to Pullman?
The rate is a bit expensive. I hope to look for below USD100/night.

I understand Pullman Central Jakarta has a great location. Anyway, do you know what is the difference between Pullman Central Jakarta and Pullman aka Nikko Hotel?
samho0303
post Jun 21 2012, 12:34 PM

QUOTE(weirdguy @ Jun 21 2012, 08:14 AM)
Thanks for great tips.

I understand Pullman Central Jakarta has a great location. Anyway, do you know what is the difference between Pullman Central Jakarta and Pullman aka Nikko Hotel?
oops im sorry, i dont read the "central"

the previous explanation is intended if you stay at the Nikko Pullman,, LoL

i think for 4* to 5* hotel pullman is a good choice,

maybe you can check hotel hyatt, hotel borobudur, kempinski hotel, etc.. but i think the room rate is same same,, lol
if you wanna get lower price maybe you can look for 3* hotel,, hehehe

the different between pullman central and pullman nikko

pullman central, its near 1 new mall in jakarta "Central park" good for shopping and having fun at night,
near to mall "taman anggrek" too,, but i think thats it
pullman nikko "like the previous explanation"

if i need to choose, i prefer pullman niko,, hehe, but they are all good for me

i havent stay at pullman so i dont know how the quality of the hotel and the service,,

What would you do in jakarta besides shopping? can you share it?
so maybe i can help you more,, biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by samho0303: Jun 21 2012, 12:35 PM
weirdguy
post Jun 21 2012, 02:11 PM

On my way

Oh. Understand more now.

I guess, at these area, they only have classy hotels.

Between, I found this MaxOneHotel @Sabang. A bit like Tune, small room and kinda bright design.

Where you usually stay during your trip in Jakarta?

I am not really sure what else to do, beside shopping at Jakarta too.
stimix
post Jun 21 2012, 02:26 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

If you read my last year trip, I did mentioned about Smart Hotel. Do google about this superb hotel wth 5mbps wifi broadband & super clean & boutique style interior. just few block away from Plaza Indonesia facing Jln Tamrin
samho0303
post Jun 21 2012, 03:11 PM

QUOTE(weirdguy @ Jun 21 2012, 01:11 PM)
Oh. Understand more now.

I guess, at these area, they only have classy hotels.

Between, I found this MaxOneHotel @Sabang. A bit like Tune, small room and kinda bright design.

Where you usually stay during your trip in Jakarta?

I am not really sure what else to do, beside shopping at Jakarta too.
i lives in jakarta,, hehe,,
no there is budget hotel too in that area,,
maybe you take alook stimix Recommendations hotel..

@stimix what is the hotel name?
stimix
post Jun 21 2012, 03:23 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

This one:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/indonesia/jakart...CFU8b6wod8ifNzg

I really like the design of the room rclxms.gif Furthermore booking from Agoda, we are getting the corner biggest room and the wifi speed is something out of my expectations.. I even watch streaming kdramas there without any lagging and even wth my home high speed 5mbps UNIFI line sometime lagging.

This is the room the gave us rclxms.gif
user posted image
user posted image
weirdguy
post Jun 21 2012, 05:24 PM

On my way

Thanks for the highlight and tips.

After going through Stimix's suggestion - Smart Hotel with Tripadvisor, the overall review does not seem favourable.

But thanks to your suggestion, I had found a few that is as close to Smart Hotel and Pullman Nikko Hotel.

I think I will go for MaxOne @Sabang for remaining nights at Central Jakarta.

It is my first trip to Jakarta and Indonesia. Should I be any concern with security or others? Especially corruption is consider very common in Indonesia. No offence.

This post has been edited by weirdguy: Jun 22 2012, 04:29 PM
samho0303
post Jun 23 2012, 05:30 AM

QUOTE(weirdguy @ Jun 21 2012, 04:24 PM)
Thanks for the highlight and tips.

After going through Stimix's suggestion - Smart Hotel with Tripadvisor, the overall review does not seem favourable.

But thanks to your suggestion, I had found a few that is as close to Smart Hotel and Pullman Nikko Hotel.

I think I will go for MaxOne @Sabang for remaining nights at Central Jakarta.

It is my first trip to Jakarta and Indonesia. Should I be any concern with security or others? Especially corruption is consider very common in Indonesia. No offence.
yes you shoud concern about it,,
some peoples in jakarta Will take a chance when you unawares,,Though not everyone so,, Moreover, if they know you are foreign tourists
jakarta is different with bali,, hahaha
so better be careful if any suspicious people come your way..
haha..

but there are many indonesian peoples Pretending to be good, helpfull and manners too
so the point is, just enjoy your holiday but Stay vigilant.. (My own motto while travelling: "stay alert even though we are in the safest place in the world")
thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by samho0303: Jun 23 2012, 05:33 AM
stimix
post Jun 23 2012, 08:39 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(weirdguy @ Jun 21 2012, 09:14 AM)
Thanks for great tips.

Hmnnn din know smart deteriorate badly fsince my last stay there in 2011 hmm.gif .. That time, It's really a value for money for a RM110/nite for this suppose to be Budget hotel but was given the most spacious room (but wth small batroom)...& speedy WIFI rclxms.gif ...Now no idea blush.gif
weirdguy
post Jun 23 2012, 09:30 AM

On my way

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 23 2012, 05:30 AM)
yes you shoud concern about it,,
some peoples in jakarta Will take a chance when you unawares,,Though not everyone so,, Moreover, if they know you are foreign tourists
jakarta is different with bali,, hahaha
so better be careful if any suspicious people come your way..
haha..

but there are many indonesian peoples Pretending to be good, helpfull and manners too
so the point is, just enjoy your holiday  but Stay vigilant.. (My own motto while travelling: "stay alert even though we are in the safest place in the world")
thumbup.gif
Thanks for the tips.
I still a bit concern with the currency, thousands and zeros. I hope I will not be confuse.

QUOTE(stimix @ Jun 23 2012, 08:39 AM)
Hmnnn din know smart deteriorate badly fsince my last stay there in 2011  hmm.gif .. That time, It's really a value for money for a RM110/nite for this suppose to be Budget hotel but was given the most spacious room (but wth small batroom)...& speedy WIFI  rclxms.gif ...Now no idea  blush.gif
Actually, Pullman Nikko is very great location. Minimize security opportunity since it is very close to many shopping mall.
But when I read through the Tripadvisor review, I hesitate. I do not wish to pay USD130/night and felt something missing or my expectation is cut short, especially concerning the aging of the room and its features. The rate does not include breakfast.

USD130 ~ MYR400, I think I could stay 5 Star Hotel in Kuala Lumpur such as Shangri-La, Mandarin Oriental.
stimix
post Jun 23 2012, 05:52 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

SmArt hotel for sure value for money.anyway it's your call

This post has been edited by stimix: Jun 23 2012, 07:56 PM
budakdegilz
post Jun 23 2012, 11:03 PM

Regular

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:47 AM)
just ask me and I will try to help you...  biggrin.gif
hi sam,
it nice of you to share some info about jakarta here...
and i really need some advise about my first trip to jakarta.. notworthy.gif
i'll be there for 3d2n..just for sightseeing..NO shopping for me..hahahah
on top of my head there's only 3 places i really wish to visit is
*Kota Tua
*Sunda Kelapa
*Masjid Istiqlal

so which area that you recommand me to stay??
prefer to travel by foot or public transport
and for 3d2n...
is it sufficient for me if i want to visit bandung or kepulauan seribu??
which of this 2 places you recommend the most???
thumbup.gif
samho0303
post Jun 24 2012, 05:46 AM

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jun 23 2012, 10:03 PM)
hi sam,
it nice of you to share some info about jakarta here...
and i really need some advise about my first trip to jakarta.. notworthy.gif
i'll be there for 3d2n..just for sightseeing..NO shopping for me..hahahah
on top of my head there's only 3 places i really wish to visit is
*Kota Tua
*Sunda Kelapa
*Masjid Istiqlal

so which area that you recommand me to stay??
prefer to travel by foot or public transport
and for 3d2n...
is it sufficient for me if i want to visit bandung or kepulauan seribu??
which of this 2 places you recommend the most???
thumbup.gif
hi there,,
first of all
i need to know what time you arrive in jakarta? and what time you depart back to Malaysia?
3d 2n is it weekend or weekdays? (like monday,tuesday,wednesday)
how many person travelling?
after you tell me all, i'll try help you making itinerary,, hehehe

kepulauan seribu : beach, sands, snorkeling, diving, bbq, sea, good view, seafood
bandung : if you wont shopping at all, you can go to see kawah putih(montain), tangkuban perahu (mountain), sundanese food
which one do you like better? hehehe

maybe you can go to tidung island in kepulauan seribu for 2d1n,, (i will tell you how, after you answering my question smile.gif )
or you can also choose bandung, 1 day only,, but i need to make sure that you are not travelling on the weekend,, hehehehe (i will tell you how, after you answering my question smile.gif )

hmmm,, kota tua, sunda kelapa, istiqal,,
i think i it can be done visited for one day,, even I can give you more options to you brows.gif

may i know how is your budget for hotel?
i think the most important thing is choosing hotel that near to transjakarta bus,, because kota tua, istiqal, are easily reached with transjakarta,,,

waiting for your reply,, smile.gif

budakdegilz
post Jun 24 2012, 07:28 AM

Regular

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 24 2012, 05:46 AM)
hi there,,
first of all
i need to know what time you arrive in jakarta? and what time you depart back to Malaysia?
3d 2n is it weekend or weekdays? (like monday,tuesday,wednesday)
how many person travelling?
after you tell me all, i'll try help you making itinerary,, hehehe

kepulauan seribu : beach, sands, snorkeling, diving, bbq, sea, good view, seafood
bandung : if you wont shopping at all, you can go to see kawah putih(montain), tangkuban perahu (mountain), sundanese food
which one do you like better? hehehe

maybe you can go to tidung island in kepulauan seribu for 2d1n,, (i will tell you how, after you answering my question  smile.gif  )
or  you can also choose bandung, 1 day only,, but i need to make sure that you are not travelling on the weekend,, hehehehe (i will tell you how, after you answering my question  smile.gif  )
hmmm,, kota tua, sunda kelapa, istiqal,,
i think i it can be done visited for one day,, even I can give you more options to you  brows.gif

may i know how is your budget for hotel?
i think the most important thing is choosing hotel that near to transjakarta bus,, because kota tua, istiqal, are easily reached with transjakarta,,,

waiting for your reply,,  smile.gif
thumbup.gif
will be arriving there around 11am (local time)
and depart around 8pm (local time)
on weekdays...traveling with my 2 other friends
notworthy.gif
samho0303
post Jun 24 2012, 01:49 PM

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jun 24 2012, 06:28 AM)
thumbup.gif
will be arriving there around 11am (local time)
and depart around 8pm (local time)
on weekdays...traveling with my 2 other friends
notworthy.gif
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
day 1
11.00 AM arrive jakarta , next i suggest you using damri bus to gambir (airport - gambir idr 30.000/person)
02.30 PM arrive gambir use transjakarta(3.500 idr) to (monas, istiqal, cathedral church(if you want), pasar baru, kota tua) <-- easily reached by transjakarta and the distance is close

i think if you go to that 5 places, you will done visited it all at night

08.00 PM back to hotel, sightseeing around hotels, eat, or you can go to have fun at night maybe, (clubbing, going to EX plaza indonesia mall, etc)

day 2
going to tidung island 2d1n
i suggest you using local tour to make it simple,but if you only 3 persons it become more expensive hehe,, (maybe arround 600.000 - 1.000.000idr/ person)
here is some link (hope you understand bahasa indonesia)
http://www.wisatapulautidung.com/
http://colleadventure.com/?page_id=1685
http://experiencingtidung.com/gallery/boat-and-bay/
http://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=3571386

or maybe you can go show to tidung island
go to marina bay ancol , arrive to marina at 05.00 AM early in th morning (i suggest you using this boat) (idr 35.000/person)
wait for the ticket office opened, buy the tickets (because you cant book the tickets, so better comes earlier in the morning)
depart to tidung 07.00 AM, arrived to tidung island 09.00 AM
try to find homestay when you arrived, (its easy)

01.00 PM snorkling (many package snorkeling there)
05.00 PM sunset,
07.00 PM eat, (buy there) bbq etc
sleep

day 3
05.00 AM sunrise at jembatan cinta
06.30 - 10.30 sightseeing (you can rent a biicycle)
01.00 PM back to marina bay ancol

03.30 PM arrived jakarta go to sunda kelapa
05.00 PM done back to airport

from sunda kelapa you better using taxi directly to airport (cost 70.000 idr - 100.000 idr)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you prefer bandung then tidung, you can change tha day 2 itinerary 1 day full or 2d1n to bandung,
better you rent a car an driver so you can easily reached kawah putih, tangkuban perahu,, hehe
you can see the link to rent car in jakarta above,,

hotel? may i know your budget for it?
hehehe

If you are confused please do not hesitate to ask,,, hehehe biggrin.gif
because I know, I wrote it a lil bit messy brows.gif

This post has been edited by samho0303: Jun 24 2012, 01:56 PM
budakdegilz
post Jun 24 2012, 02:47 PM

Regular

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:49 PM)

if you prefer bandung then tidung, you can change tha day 2  itinerary 1 day full or 2d1n to bandung,
better you rent a car an driver so you can easily reached kawah putih, tangkuban perahu,, hehe
you can see the link to rent car in jakarta above,,
hotel? may i know your budget for it?
hehehe

If you are confused please do not hesitate to ask,,, hehehe  biggrin.gif
because I know, I wrote it a lil bit messy  brows.gif
wow..thanks dude for your info regarding tidung island!!
have to discuss it first with my friends...
because i think most probably they wanted to visit bandung (my friend and his gf..and you know how girls like to shopping espeacily those cheap "distro" stuff laugh.gif )
so it is adviseable to rent a car in bandung....
how about "ojek" in bandung??easy to get???
most probably our accomandation budget is around below 500,000idr (espeacilly me..just 1 person for 1 room sweat.gif )
and we heard there's also a train right from jakarta to bandung..how long it will take??

anyway thank you so much for your advise here...
notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by budakdegilz: Jun 24 2012, 02:48 PM
samho0303
post Jun 24 2012, 03:25 PM

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jun 24 2012, 01:47 PM)
wow..thanks dude for your info regarding tidung island!!
have to discuss it first with my friends...
because i think most probably they wanted to visit bandung (my friend and his gf..and you know how girls like to shopping espeacily those cheap "distro" stuff  laugh.gif  )
so it is adviseable to rent a car in bandung....
how about "ojek" in bandung??easy to get???
most probably our accomandation budget is around below 500,000idr (espeacilly me..just 1 person for 1 room sweat.gif  )
and we heard there's also a train right from jakarta to bandung..how long it will take??

anyway thank you so much for your advise here...
notworthy.gif
I think you ' ll regret if visiting tidung tongue.gif

yah rent a car and driver for 2 days (around 500.000 idr - 700.000 idr for 24 hours) its make your short trip become eficiently hahaha

ojek, angkot, and public transport is easily to get, (but im sorry i cant help you more about the route etc in bandung,, hehehe.. because i dont understand it hehehe)

im not recoment you to using train, because it takes 4 hours, it will waste your time right
and i think you wont experienced the economy class train to bandung, hahaha (im indonesian and i will never use economy class train)
so if you use train, you will go with executive class train (200.000 idr one way)
moreover indonesian train have less good reputation
they always late from schedule hahaa

but if you using train, You will be treated to incredible views during the trip,, hahahaha

below 500.000idr? there are many good place for that price,,
try looking for hotel in pasar baru area, or hayam wuruk area, or pecenongan area, near to bus transjakarta, so you can go to istiqal msque, monas, kota tua, pasar baru, cathedral church easily,,
biggrin.gif

so you 2 boys 1 girl ah? hahahaha.. 1 couples and 1 lonely man? laugh.gif

budakdegilz
post Jun 24 2012, 03:37 PM

Regular

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jun 24 2012, 03:25 PM)

below 500.000idr? there are many good place for that price,,
try looking for hotel in pasar baru area, or hayam wuruk area, or pecenongan area, near to bus transjakarta, so you can go to istiqal msque, monas, kota tua, pasar baru, cathedral church easily,,
biggrin.gif

so you 2 boys 1 girl ah? hahahaha.. 1 couples and 1 lonely man? laugh.gif
again,
thank you for your recommendation for place to stay thumbup.gif
yup..1 couples and 1 loney single guy...hahahahah

p/s:
any "cewek" to introduce me in jakarta??? laugh.gif
samho0303
post Jun 24 2012, 05:30 PM

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Jun 24 2012, 02:37 PM)
again,
thank you for your recommendation for place to stay  thumbup.gif
yup..1 couples and 1 loney single guy...hahahahah

p/s:
any "cewek" to introduce me in jakarta???  laugh.gif
what kind of "cewek" do u want? tongue.gif

serious relationship? or the short time one? laugh.gif

p/s
for the serious relationship cewek , im also lookin for that too,,, sweat.gif

This post has been edited by samho0303: Jun 25 2012, 04:41 AM
nestahng
post Jul 1 2012, 11:40 PM

Getting Started

Hi all,

Any recommended Germany restaurant selling German beer in Jakarta?
Earl9rey
post Jul 2 2012, 04:49 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nestahng @ Jul 1 2012, 11:40 PM)
Hi all,

maybe should try ur luck at menteng (central jakarta) there...
i forget which restaurant, the owner is germans. @_@
alieyanna
post Jul 2 2012, 05:17 PM

Hi all

Me and my best friend will fly to jakarta on september 2012. Will spend 4d3n at jakarta. I need some advice, is it ok if we take 1 day going to Bogor? Anybody can give me some information how going to bogor by public transport? And advice about jalan jaksa. i heard got a budget hotel there, but is it save for backpakers ladies like us? Thank you
samho0303
post Jul 2 2012, 11:46 PM

QUOTE(alieyanna @ Jul 2 2012, 04:17 PM)
Hi all

Me and my best friend will fly to jakarta on september 2012. Will spend 4d3n at jakarta. I need some advice, is it ok if we take 1 day going to Bogor? Anybody can give me some information how going to bogor by public transport? And advice about jalan jaksa. i heard got a budget hotel there, but is it save for backpakers ladies like us? Thank you
hi,,
its ok to take 1 day going to bogor, you can even stay 1 night at bogor
may i know What makes you attracted going to bogor?
i suggest you dont just go to bogor, 40 minutes from bogor you already been in puncak (kebun teh, hill, good weather) and stay one night there
for transport to bogor,, hmmm i think its not good for you if using train, bus, or other public transport
youd better using taxi like blue bird taxi to bogor it cost 150.000idr - 200.000idr

jalan jaksa is safe, and good to stay and have fun, near to plaza indonesia, grand indonesia, delicious street foods everywhere,, tongue.gif

any other questions and suggestions?
just ask mee? i'll try to help you,, hehehe biggrin.gif

Added on July 2, 2012, 11:49 pm
QUOTE(nestahng @ Jul 1 2012, 10:40 PM)
Hi all,

http://www.paulaner-brauhaus.com/jakarta/ tongue.gif

This post has been edited by samho0303: Jul 2 2012, 11:49 PM
alieyanna
post Jul 3 2012, 05:22 PM

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jul 2 2012, 11:46 PM)
hi,,
i suggest you dont just go to bogor, 40 minutes from bogor you already been in puncak (kebun teh, hill, good weather) and stay one night there
for transport to bogor,, hmmm i think its not good for you if using train, bus, or other public transport
youd better using taxi like blue bird taxi to bogor it cost 150.000idr - 200.000idr

jalan jaksa is safe, and good to stay and have fun, near to plaza indonesia, grand indonesia, delicious street foods everywhere,,  tongue.gif

just ask mee? i'll try to help you,, hehehe  biggrin.gif

http://www.paulaner-brauhaus.com/jakarta/  tongue.gif
hi.. thanx for the info. Actually i'm interest on Safari. It's different from Malaysia. Hehe.
Okey, maybe we can stay one nite at Puncak. Nice scenery there. Any suggestion for accommodation at Puncak ?

samho0303
post Jul 3 2012, 07:44 PM

QUOTE(alieyanna @ Jul 3 2012, 04:22 PM)
hi.. thanx for the info. Actually i'm interest on Safari. It's different from Malaysia. Hehe.
Okey, maybe we can stay one nite at Puncak. Nice scenery there. Any suggestion for accommodation at Puncak ?
maybe you can stay at safari garden hotel
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...karta_Java.html
good for stay, good activities, near to taman safari just using angkot,

if you wanna stay there, for one night, dont forget to visit, kebun teh gunung mas, and puncak pass resort cafe (good view good foods good weather)
although a lil bit pricey,, hehehe
alieyanna
post Jul 5 2012, 05:05 PM

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jul 3 2012, 07:44 PM)
maybe you can stay at safari garden hotel
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...karta_Java.html
good for stay, good activities, near to taman safari just using angkot,

if you wanna stay there, for one night, dont forget to visit, kebun teh gunung mas, and puncak pass resort cafe (good view good foods good weather)
although a lil bit pricey,, hehehe
it's true the hotel is a little bit pricey... adduuhh..
no idea supposed going to bogor or not..
samho0303
post Jul 5 2012, 08:04 PM

QUOTE(alieyanna @ Jul 5 2012, 04:05 PM)
it's true the hotel is a little bit pricey... adduuhh..
no idea supposed going to bogor or not..
may i know you budget for one night staying in bogor?
so maybe i can help you looking for good hotel
nestahng
post Jul 6 2012, 12:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(samho0303 @ Jul 2 2012, 11:46 PM)
hi,,

jalan jaksa is safe, and good to stay and have fun, near to plaza indonesia, grand indonesia, delicious street foods everywhere,,  tongue.gif

just ask mee? i'll try to help you,, hehehe  biggrin.gif

http://www.paulaner-brauhaus.com/jakarta/  tongue.gif
The Paulaner in Jakarta doesn't sell Paulaner beer. They only got Bintang and Heineken =.=

Added on July 6, 2012, 12:47 am
QUOTE(Earl9rey @ Jul 2 2012, 04:49 AM)
maybe should try ur luck at menteng (central jakarta) there...
i forget which restaurant, the owner is germans. @_@
Thanks bro.Will try to search for that smile.gif

This post has been edited by nestahng: Jul 6 2012, 12:47 AM