Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> jakarta,indonesia, & abit of Bandung (Travel)

views

pengiranijam
post Apr 19 2009, 07:33 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

I'm going to Jakarta by this end of May this year for a week, I'm going to visit Jakarta most visited place and going to change accommodations all the day, expected to throw money about RM2-4K. If any of you going to Jakarta in the end of May '09 let me know, I'm joining a group about 10 and most of them aged I'm only one young person there...

About touring, we do have paid them. So no worried being lost there...
pengiranijam
post May 13 2009, 11:21 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(K-LY @ Apr 30 2009, 05:41 PM)
hi there mate,suddenly saw this threads.Im going to jakarta the same date as u,but im going with my family,do hope we can bump each other during the week aite...
Oh well, so you have already placed a hotel...? I'm worried about the safety, pencuri dan perimas Indonesia jauh lebih lincah dan bijak dari Malaysia (heard from experience from my family that have been there), must remember that... So, for now my group will be 13 members joining and will be placed at low-risk place.

May I know your specific date to Jakarta, Indonesia...? And you from...?
pengiranijam
post May 14 2009, 02:22 AM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(danielwan @ May 14 2009, 01:05 AM)
go stadium near the hayam wuruk la.. hahaha!
Haaha, luxury bedroom... owhn, at least 10 hotel at that street and quite pricey, I want bring a lot thing from Jakarta not expecting pay more to the hotel... cool2.gif

I will stay near there, it will be at Jalan Mangga Dua, another hotel, price also good... icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by pengiranijam: May 14 2009, 02:24 AM
pengiranijam
post May 15 2009, 11:48 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

Oh well, we already guided 'when where what who why' we have. And we already have spare our timing before the city getting busy.

I believe that Indonesia currency is going down rapidly simultaneously against RM and USD

And for your information, shoes in Indonesia is only RM40 while at Malaysia around RM100 + you can get same item, same quality and same satisfactions, what else to ask then... Haahaa.... biggrin.gif

About food price, no worries, they are using rupiah currency and we are rich after changing our currency there...
pengiranijam
post May 17 2009, 08:13 AM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(merci @ May 16 2009, 09:31 PM)
'I believe that Indonesia currency is going down rapidly simultaneously against RM and USD'

I don't think so. Last dec or jan,idr 1juta = rm 300/298. Then it starts increasing/appreciatingagainst ringgit malaysia.Febwas idr 1juta = rm315, rm 318. April was idr1 juta =338/340.Today idr 1 juta =rm350.It will starts increasing until nov/dec, then going down(trends- for the last 2 years)
You get it from wrong source, please refer to BNM Statics which is more accurate http://www.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=12&pg=6...ype=Mid&unit=fx see IDR100

So, anyone here going to Jakarta, Indonesia 30 of May 2009...?
pengiranijam
post May 18 2009, 09:21 AM

Regular
1,567 posts

Due to economy downturn, I can see you change your currency wrong time...

My mistake I took wrong reading to the table on BNM website...

I believe end of May and June our currency will against Indonesia Rupiah will back to RM1 = IDR3000

I can see that our country spending are sure controlled now when downturn of economy and after the downturn... this also helping our currency value will arise again...
pengiranijam
post May 23 2009, 12:41 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(K-LY @ May 22 2009, 10:58 PM)
hmmm...im going to jakarta on this 30 of may,just checked currency today,rm 352= 1 juta idr...waaa,,breathtaking...y suddenly increase this high?sure wont enjoyed it this time... sad.gif
Why worrying so much...?

Don't have enough pocket money...? Why don't you think about saving money before going to travel...?

I believe our currency is strong enough for Rupiah Indonesia against RM Malaysia, since before RM500 = 1m Rupiah year 2000 if I'm not mistake...
pengiranijam
post May 23 2009, 03:18 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(nicknick @ May 23 2009, 01:19 PM)
i just got back from jakarta on thursday..
spent 5 days at my friend's place in jakarta..
had alot of fun there..visited ancol,dufan(dunia fantasi),taman safari, plaza senayan and blok m and as well as bandung.
Didn't really had much time to visit others due to traffic jams..but will certainly be back in the future for more

overall it is a great trip and shopping for local brands and at bandung is worthwhile..plus all their quiksilver store is having 40% sales at the moment..
before travelling,friend told me it will be hot and humid but the 5 days i was there,its been raining daily..
Oh, you stayed at Bandung?

How much you spend 5 days your trip there...?

And you don't stay at Hotel, right...? That could save you a lot money...

This post has been edited by pengiranijam: May 23 2009, 03:18 PM
pengiranijam
post May 23 2009, 10:23 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(K-LY @ May 23 2009, 03:56 PM)
bro sure everybody want a low budget travel no matterla how much $$$ they had saved...eventhough i kept 100 trillion or watsoever,sure i want it to used in minimal usaged.Agree that our currency is stronger then them,but im just comparing how much different it is in just first quater of year, and this number will keep increasing until end of year.Anyway u did told me that u will go to jakarta this 30 may,hope we can bumps with each other since im going there with the same day u r... icon_idea.gif
Yeah, of course everybody want to minimize money usage nowdays...

I'm mean when we there, Indonesia we already rich... nothing to worried lah... just if the currency momentum unexpectedly changes so high volume, then it would not good...

I'm just worried about safety, even at the city got peragut, apalagi if you were low class side, since Indonesia living like this life style...

I'll be at Mangga Dua for sure, and you already placed a accommodation and guide...?

pengiranijam
post May 24 2009, 02:22 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(K-LY @ May 24 2009, 07:24 AM)
err,i wouldnt agree with that,if u say we are rich there because we are holding thousand,hundred thousand or million of rupiah instead of what we may hold in here then ur right, but bear in mind that not all things there is freaking cheap!clothes,foods, and many other stuff is sometimes not different then us.

About safety,yes in this world is hard to tell either it save or not as bad guys is just everywhere and we hardly see them.But dont be so prejudice to them as most of them is nice,friendly and sincere,last time i saw a maling(thief) who snatched a handbags been beaten by the crowd  sweat.gif .It shows that they didnt accept this kind of act in their country.Just be carefull with ur personal belongings.Avoid too many crowds and avoid bus transportation(except Busway bus) as maling are most likely there.

Normally i stayed in Kuningan area,there is a student accommodation which is opened to guest.Cheap,clean and comfortable.Maybe this time ill stayed in Cikini or Glodok area which i didnt decided yet.. unsure.gif

If you know where to find cheap with quality item, then it would be great trip of course...

Yes, you must know, my family well known these people in Indonesia people lifestyle full of trick... because my family > my cousins family living Indonesia for xx years. Got mak cik there bro. They have real experience...

You know, taxi can give you overcharged even it is metered and good to be true, some guy claim he/she meet you before/know you before until you tricked by that person without you knowing your belonging lost...

Anyway, counting days it less a week, cant wait...
pengiranijam
post May 28 2009, 11:23 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

This is my trip, http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&doflg....768799&t=h&z=9 (From Hotel, to puncak, Bandung) yet not confirmed... but will confirm later...

K-LY, so you have confirmed where to go first...?
pengiranijam
post Aug 14 2009, 02:37 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 14 2009, 11:44 AM)
im going on 27 - 31 august, anyone going with the same date with me?
Where you will be going...?

pengiranijam
post Aug 30 2009, 01:56 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 17 2009, 05:59 PM)
Jakarta
If Jakarta, 1 big Mall selling cheap shirts and clots all that, you can find them @ Tanah Abang which are most cheapest mall you can get when buying bulk quantities... Good luck, one more thing, try to speak Indonesian, because they going to rise price at 1st place if you talk Malaysia Malay language, try copy their motherland language... I mean talk in Indonesian, try your best to learn them... icon_rolleyes.gif
pengiranijam
post Sep 16 2009, 04:51 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(honkit @ Sep 4 2009, 01:07 AM)
What budget hotel are recommanded around city? Around Rm100 ?
Is hard to find RM100 if you don't have tour people which is Indonesian residents, they charge you based on US currency, if you don't use Indonesian residents...

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0978sec    1.76    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 01:30 AM