Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Tailoring Thread, Bespoke. Nothing beats a perfect fit

views

Afterburner1.0
post Jul 12 2021, 11:54 AM

On my way
557 posts

QUOTE(studentsurvey @ Jul 12 2021, 02:19 AM)
Hey, did you manage to go either one of it? if yes, what was your recommendation and price?
I gave Page tailor a try as their price is really value for money...i spend RM1400 for a 3 piece suit and their workmanship is actually not bad. Cayman was way over price for me..... i think about RM2K plus for a 3 piece suit....

To me service is important and to get a tailor that actually listens to wat u need..... thats super important!

Page also gave me some freebies like a bow tie and did some free alteration for my work pants.....

So, give Page (Sri Petaling branch) a try lar..... look for Mr Raymond.

P/s: I'm not recommending Page Tailor becoz of the freebies but i really do liked their service and workmanship yah! They can give me double the freebies but if their service sucks i will also mentioned that....

This post has been edited by Afterburner1.0: Jul 12 2021, 12:01 PM
studentsurvey
post Jul 12 2021, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

QUOTE(Afterburner1.0 @ Jul 12 2021, 11:54 AM)
I gave Page tailor a try as their price is really value for money...i spend RM1400 for a 3 piece suit and their workmanship is actually not bad. Cayman was way over price for me..... i think about RM2K plus for a 3 piece suit....

To me service is important and to get a tailor that actually listens to wat u need..... thats super important!

Page also gave me some freebies like a bow tie and did some free alteration for my work pants.....

P/s: I'm not recommending Page Tailor becoz of the freebies but i really do liked their service and workmanship yah! They can give me double the freebies but if their service sucks i will also mentioned that....
Ah, cool! Thank you for this..
marquis
post Jul 13 2021, 10:54 PM

Flower Power!
2,463 posts

QUOTE(studentsurvey @ Jul 12 2021, 02:55 PM)
Ah, cool! Thank you for this..
Chiming in for uncle Ray. He’s a brilliant guy.

He’s more in favour of more reserved cuts though. So if you want a higher break for your trousers, he will try to recommend something more traditional. As long as what you’re asking him isn’t too absurd, he’ll rethink it and see if it’ll fit the suit, your body type, and the general look of what your asking for.

He gives good advice…so listen to him. Unless you absolutely now what you’re going for. If you fight with him about every decision…he’ll just not bother advising you anymore. A story he shared with me.

Oh. Did three fittings before finalising my suit.

He was recommended by a family friend, fwiw. Also, those old timers from Sungei Wang would know of this shop. They used to have a branch there
yehlai
post Jul 14 2021, 02:10 AM

tree lover
4,448 posts

Can you guys spot the difference between this suit (Saville row) with our local tailored suit?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
botakbin
post Jul 31 2021, 03:24 PM

Heavily inclined to the dark side muahaha
5,302 posts

Hi, wanna check whether the suit is fused or with half/full canvas?
RootOfJesse
post Sep 6 2021, 07:48 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

Hi guys, this would be my first time ordering custom made dress shirt. May I know what to expect during the first few visits and should I bring my favorite shirt there? Many thanks 🙏🙏
nocko
post Sep 9 2021, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(yehlai @ Jul 14 2021, 02:10 AM)
Can you guys spot the difference between this suit (Saville row) with our local tailored suit?
Wow that looks good. Which tailor is this?
yehlai
post Sep 9 2021, 10:54 AM

tree lover
4,448 posts

QUOTE(nocko @ Sep 9 2021, 10:40 AM)
Wow that looks good. Which tailor is this?
Welsh&Jefferies
nocko
post Sep 10 2021, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(yehlai @ Sep 9 2021, 10:54 AM)
Welsh&Jefferies
Nice. Any local equivalent for theses kind of tailoring?
yehlai
post Sep 10 2021, 02:58 PM

tree lover
4,448 posts

QUOTE(nocko @ Sep 10 2021, 09:50 AM)
Nice. Any local equivalent for theses kind of tailoring?
I don't think so.. I also need go Saville row to do
best chance is when their tailors have trip to Sgpore.. you can try check their schedule for appointment
nocko
post Sep 13 2021, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(yehlai @ Sep 10 2021, 02:58 PM)
I don't think so.. I also need go Saville row to do
best chance is when their tailors have trip to Sgpore.. you can try check their schedule for appointment
Ahh I see.. doubt I'd be able to do that anytime soon ahahah sweat.gif
kenysl
post Sep 17 2021, 11:30 AM

Foodie
678 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Jul 13 2021, 10:54 PM)
Chiming in for uncle Ray. He’s a brilliant guy.

He’s more in favour of more reserved cuts though. So if you want a higher break for your trousers, he will try to recommend something more traditional. As long as what you’re asking him isn’t too absurd, he’ll rethink it and see if it’ll fit the suit, your body type, and the general look of what your asking for.

He gives good advice…so listen to him. Unless you absolutely now what you’re going for. If you fight with him about every decision…he’ll just not bother advising you anymore. A story he shared with me.

Oh. Did three fittings before finalising my suit.

He was recommended by a family friend, fwiw. Also, those old timers from Sungei Wang would know of this shop. They used to have a branch there
I gave PAGE a try after reading these posts and I have to say I'm very impressed. Raymond and Trey are both brilliant in their own regard and the service was top notch throughout the process. Prices are reasonable and they work pretty fast as well.

Would recommend them anytime.
Hinges
post Nov 4 2021, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

Does anyone have experience making a suit with The Tailor by DC Tailor at Menara Hup Seng? He used to be in Amcorp Mall (not one of the ones frequently talked about here).

I have been looking at many of the suggested tailors and don't really find their cuts pleasing. When I do like some of the work of the tailors here, they are above my budget or have mixed reviews.

This post has been edited by Hinges: Nov 6 2021, 08:50 PM
Wazzzap
post Nov 16 2021, 01:33 PM

Casual
469 posts

Hey, do you mind sharing some pics of your suit? I am considering actually getting something off the rack for 2 pieces which are about RM850 then altering it. Not sure if I could top up a bit more to get 3 pieces and tailor made.
Afterburner1.0
post Nov 17 2021, 10:41 AM

On my way
557 posts

QUOTE(Wazzzap @ Nov 16 2021, 01:33 PM)
Hey, do you mind sharing some pics of your suit? I am considering actually getting something off the rack for 2 pieces which are about RM850 then altering it. Not sure if I could top up a bit more to get 3 pieces and tailor made.
No pics right now.... but i used to be like u getting the off the rack suits.... my advise is DON'T! There is a reason why tailored made suits r still around till today.... they fit to ur body n make u look good! trust me on this bro.... a few hundred more is well worth ur money!!!! so the selection of ur tailor is very very important....
Wazzzap
post Nov 17 2021, 01:07 PM

Casual
469 posts

alright thanks will headover to PAGE to check them out
Calvin Seak
post Dec 7 2021, 05:48 PM

Going above and beyond to find your next home
2,312 posts

Thanks to your review and posts, I just made an appointment with them this coming Saturday rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
TschussFreund
post Dec 11 2021, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Hi! I've bulked up considerably during the pandemic (the good type of bulk haha), all my shirts don't fit me now. I'm looking to get a few formal shirts made — including one with wingtip collars & bib for black tie tux. Any recommendations for good tailors in the PJ-KL area making normal shirts for under 200 and formal shirts under 500? Would also be great if they could get a decent suit made. Out-bulked my previous ones lol
khaiandrew
post Jan 13 2022, 11:36 PM

Fuji <3
1,268 posts

QUOTE(kenysl @ Sep 17 2021, 11:30 AM)
I gave PAGE a try after reading these posts and I have to say I'm very impressed. Raymond and Trey are both brilliant in their own regard and the service was top notch throughout the process. Prices are reasonable and they work pretty fast as well.

Would recommend them anytime.
Which outlet did you go to? How long did it take to make your suit and how much did it cost?

Thinking of going to replace my 10 year old suit from Nickermanns in Bangkok. Can't believe it still fits so well and lasted so long.
nabzblitz
post Jan 15 2022, 05:40 PM

Gangsta Crizzab
603 posts

Has anybody had any experience with tapering uniqlo selvedge slim stretch jeans? Its my first pair of selvedge but i generally like my pants to be more tapered.

Any tailor recommendations near kota kemuning/subang that can do this? Not sure if chains like za altera can do it well.

149 Pages « < 146 147 148 149 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 07:24 AM