149 Pages « < 144 145 146 147 148 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Tailoring Thread, Bespoke. Nothing beats a perfect fit

views

EpsilonStar
post Jun 11 2019, 08:35 AM

Regular
1,223 posts

Hey guys wonder there are any express suit tailoring in kl area? Relative thinking to pick up one within 3days....
Old Red Eyes
post Jul 3 2019, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(EpsilonStar @ Jun 11 2019, 08:35 AM)
Hey guys wonder there are any express suit tailoring in kl area? Relative thinking to pick up one within 3days....
What did they end up going with?

EpsilonStar
post Jul 4 2019, 08:33 AM

Regular
1,223 posts

QUOTE(Old Red Eyes @ Jul 3 2019, 11:41 PM)
What did they end up going with?
Don't know yet, they are only coming in august
juiceaddicted
post Aug 13 2019, 01:02 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

How much it costs usually to shorten the sleeve length of a blazer?
TschussFreund
post Aug 13 2019, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(juiceaddicted @ Aug 13 2019, 01:02 AM)
Quite a lot, I'd assume upwards of a hundred bucks (according to Google). Haven't had the chance to get mine brought in yet, so I can't be sure.
ilw
post Aug 14 2019, 08:57 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(juiceaddicted @ Aug 13 2019, 01:02 AM)
I got a couple of quotations from tailors and it was in the RM120-150 range.

However, it can only be shortened by about 1 inch. Anything beyond that and the proportions will look off coz of the buttons on the sleeves.
TschussFreund
post Aug 14 2019, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(ilw @ Aug 14 2019, 08:57 AM)
I got a couple of quotations from tailors and it was in the RM120-150 range.
However, it can only be shortened by about 1 inch. Anything beyond that and the proportions will look off coz of the buttons on the sleeves.
I actually need mine to be shortened about 1-2cm only, so I guess that's not too bad. I'm still not sure which tailor to visit to do this though. Any suggestions?
juiceaddicted
post Aug 14 2019, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

I got quote from allen khoo @ jalan ampang.
RM30-40 to do the sleeve shortening.
Have anyone know the workmanship of Allen Khoo?
I afraid the blazer spoiled due to bad workmanship but will not want to spend much on the alteration since i got this blazer off the rack with discounted price.

I got RM60 quote from another tailor in Pudu.
ilw
post Aug 14 2019, 06:43 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(TschussFreund @ Aug 14 2019, 09:07 AM)
I actually need mine to be shortened about 1-2cm only, so I guess that's not too bad. I'm still not sure which tailor to visit to do this though. Any suggestions?
Go for the guys suggested by juiceaddicted. Rm40-60 is pretty cheap.
Buyalotforgaming
post Aug 25 2019, 01:13 PM

Casual
493 posts

Does anyone have any reviews on Petterson tailor in DC mall? Thinking of getting a suit made there biggrin.gif
enriquelee
post Sep 7 2019, 05:43 PM

Don't ask for more, ask for COKE
All Stars
10,507 posts

QUOTE(Buyalotforgaming @ Aug 25 2019, 01:13 PM)
Does anyone have any reviews on Petterson tailor in DC mall? Thinking of getting a suit made there biggrin.gif
What make you considering them?
Imsilly
post Sep 8 2019, 06:01 PM

On my way
583 posts

Have a suit bought from suitsupply a few years back. Any recommendations which tailor to bring to for a modern alteration?
Usually go to Lord's but trying to save some $$ as I think the alterations are minor.
brainnneeddd
post Sep 15 2019, 10:22 PM

7 posts

Tailors for alterations in PJ/Klang Valley?

I got an off the rack suit and would like to adjust the length of the pants and maybe fix some other things up, and slim down a button down shirt. I called Esteem Fashion Tailor and they said they only do suits no alterations. Are there any good tailor that is not overpriced or expensive that will do simple alterations and fixes at an inexpensive price range? In Klang Valley, preferably PJ or reachable by LRT
yehlai
post Sep 16 2019, 09:22 PM

tree lover
4,492 posts

QUOTE(Old Red Eyes @ Feb 27 2019, 12:15 AM)
Honestly, I'm coming around to not ever doing custom shirts again, or at least not expecting much from it. Unless maybe I could do them on Saville Row. I got started with them in the first place for a handful of reasons. One, the sleeves are often too long for me when I buy off the rack. Two, I bought into the idea that 'custom' absolutely meant higher quality. Three, I liked the idea of having the control of picking and choosing all the options. Four, once I moved to Asia from the States I was intoxicated by how affordable they were.

I now would reverse course on much of that. I've found a good alterations shop that can shorten the sleeves on shirts I buy off the rack. I know that the quality from any and every shop I've dealt with thus far in Asia is far, far below the quality from one off-the-rack shirt from a solid Italian or Japanese maker. I now regret the 'custom' choices I made on some of my shirts, such as contrasting fabric inside the collar and placket. And I have thrown away more 40-dollar shirts than I want to admit, while I keep and enjoy wearing my 100-200 dollar ones I have purchased carefully.

Put simply, the Bangkok guys can make a very nice department-store-quality shirt, if that is what you are after. You will pay around 30-40 dollars for it, typically, which is also what you would pay at a department store. You can choose your options. The fabric may not hold up as long, though, and you may not get the same level of workmanship.

What I'm coming around to is this. If you really want quality workmanship and a shirt you will be proud of wearing, buy something nice and have it altered if need be. In KL your best option, as far as I know, is the P Johnson line from Australia at WJ&Co. Super solid shirts at a price that won't break the bank. Or go on Ebay for Italian makes that you can nab all day long for about a hundred bucks. Put either of those shirts on your back, and you won't be terribly excited about going 'custom' in KL again.
How about get from suitsupply (try the fit in their shop)
as they using good fabric for their suits
Gentleman_League
post Sep 18 2019, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

Hey guys i wonder any tailor tailoring Linen shirt?

silverwave
post Sep 20 2019, 10:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

QUOTE(brainnneeddd @ Sep 15 2019, 10:22 PM)
Tailors for alterations in PJ/Klang Valley?

I got an off the rack suit and would like to adjust the length of the pants and maybe fix some other things up, and slim down a button down shirt. I called Esteem Fashion Tailor and they said they only do suits no alterations. Are there any good tailor that is not overpriced or expensive that will do simple alterations and fixes at an inexpensive price range? In Klang Valley, preferably PJ or reachable by LRT
if you've found one around pj, do let me know
Old Red Eyes
post Sep 21 2019, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(yehlai @ Sep 16 2019, 09:22 PM)
How about get from suitsupply (try the fit in their shop)
as they using good fabric for their suits
The problem with Suit Supply, for me at least, is their surgeon cuffs (meaning, the sleeve buttons are actually functional). Well, it's their surgeon cuffs combined with their odd models. I'm a 33" or 34" sleeve length, so of course I have to shorten the sleeves on any jacket I buy off the rack in a 'regular' size. On occasion I will try a 'short', though, and the sleeves are usually spot-on. I went ahead and bought a sportcoat in the Suit Supply shop in The Hague this summer, in a 'short' size so as to have some chance at all of the sleeves working, despite the body being pretty noticeably too short for me. And what happened? They shortened the sleeves as much as they could (an inch or so), and they are still too long. They are still long and the (working, whoop-de-do) buttons are that much closer to the hem.

To me, if you are going to significantly limit your customer base by requiring their arms to go a minimum length past the working buttonholes, then you ought not to have sizing models that run so long in the arm (especially if they run so not-long in the body). But much more to the point: If you are going to be a fairly mass-market retailer, why put a 'bespoke' feature on an off-the-rack garment, especially one that doesn't cost that much? So that the guys who can wear it with no alterations feel that much happier about their little 200-dollar jacket because they can undo a couple of the buttons and pass it off as custom?

leon999 P
post Oct 13 2019, 09:26 PM

Probation
12 posts

Anyone can suggest place to tailor suit? Thanks in advance
noob90
post Nov 12 2019, 10:11 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

Im going to thailand, which tailor would you guys recommend? And what would be the price range for a full suit?
nazeric
post Nov 13 2019, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

Anyone has any experience with Galaxy Tailor in KL, or Cayman Tailor in Subang? Quality-wise and price-wise.

They seem to be getting a lot of reviews at Google Maps, but can't seem to find any reviews here. hmm.gif

149 Pages « < 144 145 146 147 148 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0237sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:08 PM