Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Life Sciences [List] Private Medical Universities in Malaysia, *MD / MBBS / MBBChBAO (Update-17/11/14)*

views

epplegaara
post Jan 23 2010, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Gorila_ @ Jan 23 2010, 11:56 AM)
Better to take biology... Ask your 6th form school wether they let you take biology...
i have already asked a form 6 teacher,she said can,just need to score below 18 points,then she add:in fact no one will kacau you when you are choosing the subject you wanted, only STPM has this magic),lol.and its true,other pre-u programme rejected me and to be sure the form 6 teacher was right,i had check the stpm requirements
i will surely take biology at STPM smile.gif,no consideration!,i'm now studying spm level biology(got to finish it before june!)
i plan to study mbbs at New Castle..it is recognised by msia and uk,or NUS (if i ever get into -.-)
i quote this sentence from newcastle website:
NUMed Malaysia is fully engaged with both the GMC and the MMC in ensuring that its provision is fully accredited in both the UK and Malaysia.
their requirements are very high though..3A's,include biology and two science subjects, excluding PA

to be honest,its not that bad to work in malaysia,no teruk bencana alam ,no kurang air,no kurang electricity,just kurang good government tongue.gif
if governments are good,no more rempit,no more lazy bones in government office,no more Namewee idiotic videos,no more "tak apa punya" and the list goes on...

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Jan 23 2010, 01:36 PM
csrulez
post Jan 23 2010, 04:22 PM

Life is short, play hard.
1,114 posts

QUOTE(epplegaara @ Jan 23 2010, 01:15 PM)
i have already asked a form 6 teacher,she said can,just need to score below 18 points,then she add:in fact no one will kacau you when you are choosing the subject you wanted, only STPM has this magic),lol.and its true,other pre-u programme rejected me and to be sure the form 6 teacher was right,i had check the stpm requirements
i will surely take biology at STPM smile.gif,no consideration!,i'm now studying spm level biology(got to finish it before june!)
i plan to study mbbs at New Castle..it is recognised by msia and uk,or NUS (if i ever get into -.-)
i quote this sentence from newcastle website:
NUMed Malaysia is fully engaged with both the GMC and the MMC in ensuring that its provision is fully accredited in both the UK and Malaysia.
their requirements are very high though..3A's,include biology and two science subjects, excluding PA

to be honest,its not that bad to work in malaysia,no teruk bencana alam ,no kurang air,no kurang electricity,just kurang good government tongue.gif
if governments are good,no more rempit,no more lazy bones in government office,no more Namewee idiotic videos,no more "tak apa punya"  and the list goes on...
The degree being recognised by GMC doesn't mean you're able to work in UK. With the current british imigration ruling, it's almost near to impossible to attain a working PR there. And it's a way tougher path that you can imagine, it takes years and lots of money and efforts.
epplegaara
post Jan 23 2010, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(csrulez @ Jan 23 2010, 04:22 PM)
The degree being recognised by GMC doesn't mean you're able to work in UK. With the current british imigration ruling, it's almost near to impossible to attain a working PR there. And it's a way tougher path that you can imagine, it takes years and lots of money and efforts.
well i just wish i could do my mbbs there..never though about getting PR at UK,i was hoping to get PR in Aus or Singa,want to be as close as possible with my family
it would be fine also to work here blush.gif

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Jan 23 2010, 06:24 PM
onelove89
post Jan 24 2010, 05:55 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

QUOTE(epplegaara @ Jan 23 2010, 05:51 PM)
well i just wish i could do my mbbs there..never though about getting PR at UK,i was hoping to get PR in Aus or Singa,want to be as close as possible with my family
it would be fine also to work here  blush.gif
If you're confident, try applying to aus/UK universities directly. But in this case, Alvls would do you much better than STPM.
epplegaara
post Jan 24 2010, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(onelove89 @ Jan 24 2010, 05:55 PM)
If you're confident, try applying to aus/UK universities directly. But in this case, Alvls would do you much better than STPM.
cannot la.. too expensive,twining programme cost half a million, if straight entry to foreign uni, no doubt almost
a million rclxub.gif i don't want my parents to bear that much...i'm not born with silver spoon! sad.gif
like i said,other pre-u programme rejected me,unless i don"t want to take biology subject sweat.gif

i was told by my friends this morning that they saw some adults taking biology examination during spm exam(they guessed that they are retakers),
i so want to avoid retaking if possible tongue.gif

is cellular simillar to organelle? rclxub.gif
limeuu
post Jan 24 2010, 07:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

direct entry into uk med school is only marginally more expensive than through imu........and may be quite similar to newcastle msia.......

if getting a pr in oz is the intention, then graduating with an oz mbbs would be ideal..........in which case, sam/ausmat may be a more appropriate pathway.......
epplegaara
post Jan 25 2010, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

[quote=limeuu,Jan 24 2010, 07:54 PM]
direct entry into uk med school is only marginally more expensive than through imu........and may be quite similar to newcastle msia.......

if getting a pr in oz is the intention, then graduating with an oz mbbs would be ideal..........in which case, sam/ausmat may be a more appropriate pathway.......

[/quo
i can also persue my course in aus using stpm cert,i choose to take stpm because:

1.i can further my study in local or foreign university
2.i enjoy school life much more than college life whistling.gif
3.my parents paid income tax every year,if possible,i should use government money to study tongue.gif
4. my brother and sister both went to college after spm,i want to try something new(all my relatives go college rclxub.gif )
limeuu
post Jan 25 2010, 11:01 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

the main problem with stpm is, you will spend 2 years, and another year waiting to start uni in oz........your stpm results will come out in march/april, and you will need to wait till the following february before you can enter oz unis........all oz med schools have only one intake......in february.......and you need 3a's to have any realistic chance of direct entry........

haya
post Jan 26 2010, 12:31 PM

Sarawakian first!
2,011 posts

STPM results come out in April, Med school in Australia starts in Feb, that's almost 8 months to get some work and earn some money in Malaysia (pathetic as it is) before a chance to go and study in Australia.

3A's would probably give you a shot at the 2nd tier public medical schools (I know someone with 3A's in STPM doing UMS' MD), which is essentially a scholarship (where else can you get a medical degree for ~RM1300 a semester/RM20,000 all in) anyway!
epplegaara
post Jan 26 2010, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(haya @ Jan 26 2010, 12:31 PM)
STPM results come out in April, Med school in Australia starts in Feb, that's almost 8 months to get some work and earn some money in Malaysia (pathetic as it is) before a chance to go and study in Australia.

3A's would probably give you a shot at the 2nd tier public medical schools (I know someone with 3A's in STPM doing UMS' MD), which is essentially a scholarship (where else can you get a medical degree for ~RM1300 a semester/RM20,000 all in) anyway!
ya!!!that is what i was talking about!20k for MD course!!
about the 3A's in stpm,i will try my best la nod.gif,aiming 4 flat though whistling.gif

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Jan 26 2010, 01:21 PM
XteBan
post Jan 27 2010, 09:01 PM

14 posts

add in taylor's
epplegaara
post Jan 30 2010, 01:33 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(XteBan @ Jan 27 2010, 09:01 PM)
add in taylor's
ya,taylor also offer md course and its twinning programme
TSCyberSetan
post Jan 30 2010, 01:28 PM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

QUOTE(epplegaara @ Jan 30 2010, 01:33 AM)
ya,taylor also offer md course and its twinning programme
I have added Taylor's University College Medical School in the list. (see first page)
Twinning program is done with the following universities:

-St.Georges University, London. (MBBS, 5 years program)
-Universitas Kristen Krida Wacana (UKRIDA), Indonesia. (MD, 6 years program)
-Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. (MuDR, 6 years program)

If anyone knows the exact fee for the program conducted there, do inform me.
onelove89
post Jan 30 2010, 04:48 PM

Fighter for God
3,107 posts

wow din know that it's a twinning program, and to london too.
cgan
post Feb 19 2010, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Hey guys, do anyone of you know if the Medical Degree (MD) in UCSI is recognise by the Malaysian Medical Council? Cause I visited the MMC website and I did not see UCSI's MD listed over there. I heard JPA sent some of their scholars there to do med. But i just want to know if UCSI is recognise for their medical degree
wgy589
post Feb 19 2010, 02:51 PM

Enthusiast
759 posts

"is recognised", not "is recognise"

sure it's recognised. read the previous posts abt similar issues.

Added on February 19, 2010, 2:54 pmhaha, they have repeated so many times to the extent that i can almost regurgitate what they have said word by word to you, but this will only encourage spoon feeding.

This post has been edited by wgy589: Feb 19 2010, 02:57 PM
cgan
post Feb 19 2010, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Oh lol sorry miss out on that post tongue.gif ok thanks

Added on February 19, 2010, 4:25 pm
QUOTE(hypermax @ Jan 14 2009, 01:28 AM)
Alright, allow me to clarify the situation.
If a local private U grad intends to work in Singapore, he has to obtain a recognized post-grad qualification (eg, MRCP (UK), FRCAP and etc). Click here for more detail.
For US, UK, and AUS, one has to pass the licensing exam for the respective country.
However, to appear for the the above mentioned licensing exams, one's degree has to be listed in IMED.

Some may say that licensing exams are difficult, but according to many of my seniors, if you can't pass, you are not qualified to be a doctor.
MRCP(UK) on the other hand, is difficult and expensive.

Currently, the recognized private medical colleges in Msia are:
1. IMU
2. PMC
3. MMMC
4. Perak Medical
5. AIMST

Therefore for those wishing to pursue a career in medicine, it's better to opt for the above mentioned college to avoid the unnecessary hassles. However, i strongly suggest to pursue a medical degree in the 1st world countries, if money is not a concern for you.
I've actually considered all these med schools but I notice some setbacks in pursuing medicine for these respective unis. Firstly, PMC is kinda ex as the pre-clinical years are completed at Dublin, Ireland. As for AIMST, chances of admission is kinda low seeing that they give first priorities to their Foundation students - unless you scored 4 A's for your A-Levels, you have a higher chance of getting admitted. IMU I find the tuition fees quite reasonable (about 350k) but I'm not exactly sure if they will charge you more for additional fees (which im not surprised if they do). Plus, competition is high, thus achieving good grades may not be sufficient for admission into IMU for MBBS. As for Manipal, I'm not quite sure about this med school - i do know the fees are also quite reasonable though. UniKL Royal College of Medicine Perak also has reasonable cost fees but I'm not sure about the lecturers there - as i think this med school is relatively new compared to other unis.

Thus my prob come down to these. Its either too expensive or the uni is too prestigious and popular to the point that gaining admission is rather difficult or the uni is too new and i doubt the quality of their medical degree. Please i would appreciate some help in this unsure.gif . Do recommend me which uni to go.

My budget is between 300k to 350k. My results for my A-Levels which i'm aiming is 1A, 2B's. Oh yea by the way im completing my A-Levels by JANUARY 2011 and the sub i took are Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.

This post has been edited by cgan: Feb 19 2010, 04:25 PM
cygoh9
post Feb 19 2010, 07:37 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

cannot la 1A2B, try getting higher can or not?!
limeuu
post Feb 19 2010, 08:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

QUOTE(cygoh9 @ Feb 19 2010, 07:37 PM)
cannot la 1A2B, try getting higher can or not?!
people have got into imu medicine with this.........

people have got into imu dentistry with bbb...........
cgan
post Feb 19 2010, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 19 2010, 08:09 PM)
people have got into imu medicine with this.........

people have got into imu dentistry with bbb...........
wow for real? BBB still got chance for admission @ IMU for MBBS? I though with the level of prestige and its high reputation along with the increasing competitiveness, gaining admission for IMU would be deadly hard.

Actually I'm willing to work hard for a place @ IMU. A,B,B is just the minimum result I HOPE to achieve. If possible i m trying for A,A,B. Hey limeuu, just curious are u an IMU student?

58 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:21 AM