Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Life Sciences [List] Private Medical Universities in Malaysia, *MD / MBBS / MBBChBAO (Update-17/11/14)*

views

epplegaara
post Jan 23 2010, 01:55 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

hi i'm 18 this year,just finished my spm last year,

ok..,i want to take mbbs when i finished my STPM(i havent start the stpm programme yet),the problem is that i did not take biology at spm level though i was a science stream student(replaced it with engineering drawing),
so my question is,can i pursue mbbs with just biology in stpm?
pls help me
epplegaara
post Jan 23 2010, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Jan 23 2010, 08:19 AM)
yes........

in fact some med school do not need biology, but require chemistry as a requisite.........
THX FOR YOUR ANSWER!!!!!!!!!i feel better now smile.gif
epplegaara
post Jan 23 2010, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Gorila_ @ Jan 23 2010, 11:56 AM)
Better to take biology... Ask your 6th form school wether they let you take biology...
i have already asked a form 6 teacher,she said can,just need to score below 18 points,then she add:in fact no one will kacau you when you are choosing the subject you wanted, only STPM has this magic),lol.and its true,other pre-u programme rejected me and to be sure the form 6 teacher was right,i had check the stpm requirements
i will surely take biology at STPM smile.gif,no consideration!,i'm now studying spm level biology(got to finish it before june!)
i plan to study mbbs at New Castle..it is recognised by msia and uk,or NUS (if i ever get into -.-)
i quote this sentence from newcastle website:
NUMed Malaysia is fully engaged with both the GMC and the MMC in ensuring that its provision is fully accredited in both the UK and Malaysia.
their requirements are very high though..3A's,include biology and two science subjects, excluding PA

to be honest,its not that bad to work in malaysia,no teruk bencana alam ,no kurang air,no kurang electricity,just kurang good government tongue.gif
if governments are good,no more rempit,no more lazy bones in government office,no more Namewee idiotic videos,no more "tak apa punya" and the list goes on...

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Jan 23 2010, 01:36 PM
epplegaara
post Jan 23 2010, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(csrulez @ Jan 23 2010, 04:22 PM)
The degree being recognised by GMC doesn't mean you're able to work in UK. With the current british imigration ruling, it's almost near to impossible to attain a working PR there. And it's a way tougher path that you can imagine, it takes years and lots of money and efforts.
well i just wish i could do my mbbs there..never though about getting PR at UK,i was hoping to get PR in Aus or Singa,want to be as close as possible with my family
it would be fine also to work here blush.gif

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Jan 23 2010, 06:24 PM
epplegaara
post Jan 24 2010, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(onelove89 @ Jan 24 2010, 05:55 PM)
If you're confident, try applying to aus/UK universities directly. But in this case, Alvls would do you much better than STPM.
cannot la.. too expensive,twining programme cost half a million, if straight entry to foreign uni, no doubt almost
a million rclxub.gif i don't want my parents to bear that much...i'm not born with silver spoon! sad.gif
like i said,other pre-u programme rejected me,unless i don"t want to take biology subject sweat.gif

i was told by my friends this morning that they saw some adults taking biology examination during spm exam(they guessed that they are retakers),
i so want to avoid retaking if possible tongue.gif

is cellular simillar to organelle? rclxub.gif
epplegaara
post Jan 25 2010, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

[quote=limeuu,Jan 24 2010, 07:54 PM]
direct entry into uk med school is only marginally more expensive than through imu........and may be quite similar to newcastle msia.......

if getting a pr in oz is the intention, then graduating with an oz mbbs would be ideal..........in which case, sam/ausmat may be a more appropriate pathway.......

[/quo
i can also persue my course in aus using stpm cert,i choose to take stpm because:

1.i can further my study in local or foreign university
2.i enjoy school life much more than college life whistling.gif
3.my parents paid income tax every year,if possible,i should use government money to study tongue.gif
4. my brother and sister both went to college after spm,i want to try something new(all my relatives go college rclxub.gif )
epplegaara
post Jan 26 2010, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(haya @ Jan 26 2010, 12:31 PM)
STPM results come out in April, Med school in Australia starts in Feb, that's almost 8 months to get some work and earn some money in Malaysia (pathetic as it is) before a chance to go and study in Australia.

3A's would probably give you a shot at the 2nd tier public medical schools (I know someone with 3A's in STPM doing UMS' MD), which is essentially a scholarship (where else can you get a medical degree for ~RM1300 a semester/RM20,000 all in) anyway!
ya!!!that is what i was talking about!20k for MD course!!
about the 3A's in stpm,i will try my best la nod.gif,aiming 4 flat though whistling.gif

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Jan 26 2010, 01:21 PM
epplegaara
post Jan 30 2010, 01:33 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(XteBan @ Jan 27 2010, 09:01 PM)
add in taylor's
ya,taylor also offer md course and its twinning programme
epplegaara
post Feb 23 2010, 07:17 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(cgan @ Feb 21 2010, 02:01 PM)
interest does play a large part of it. not so the money. as a matter of fact parents are not too happy for me to do med. With reasons that life is difficult as a doctor in Malaysia, and doctors are no richer than engineers, lawyers, pharmacist, dentist, etc. im a person who love to make a difference - and i guess i dream to make am impact to the healthcare system in Malaysia. Though one person can't do much, collectively a change can be made. Many ppl today have lost hope of the healthcare in Malaysia and many doctors today prefer to migrate to other countries, eg australia, where they can certainly earn big bucks and enjoy a higher quality of life. i am well aware of the difficulties in being a doctor here. but i do want to make a diff in my part
about the doctors are not richer than engineers...it is so not true -.- doh.gif
any way,good luck thumbup.gif
cygan,i assumed you took your Alevels this year,since you said at 2011 you would complete your Alevel.i'm taking STPM this year.aiming to be a doctor too..but my reason is totally different than yours tongue.gif

if you really want to make a difference,try not to get ABB doh.gif math che and bio are core sucjects if you want to become a doctor.be like me aim all A smile.gif

ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS WHO TOOK SPM YEAR 2009!!!RESULT WILL BE RELEASED AT 16 MARCH 2010

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Feb 23 2010, 08:10 PM
epplegaara
post Feb 23 2010, 08:09 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 23 2010, 08:00 PM)
that cannot be right.......it should be out in next month..........
LOL OMG ITS MARCH NOT MAY<SORRY ERROR ,corrected

Added on February 24, 2010, 4:59 pm
QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 19 2010, 08:09 PM)
people have got into imu medicine with this.........

people have got into imu dentistry with bbb...........
ppl who took SAM with TER 80++ also got into dentistry and medicine...

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Feb 24 2010, 04:59 PM
epplegaara
post Feb 24 2010, 06:43 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

soo.. you did 18 months Alevel??

is it true a lot of medicine student drop out half way course?

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Feb 24 2010, 06:45 PM
epplegaara
post Feb 24 2010, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(cgan @ Feb 24 2010, 06:51 PM)
Yea. That is memang the duration for A-Levels - 18 months. Er.. about the medical students dropping out, its better u ask limeuu. he would know better cause im also just an A-Level student. But what I can say on my part is I know 4 friends who drop out during their clinical years. And they are quite bright students - 11 A's at least for their SPM. But i guess they just din have the interest to study med. After all intelligence alone may not get u far when it comes to studyin med. the passion must be there
there is 11 months Alevel rolleyes.gif
not every college offer it,e.g disted stamford in penang offers 11 or 18 months Alevel
mind telling me your SPM result tongue.gif just curious

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Feb 24 2010, 08:04 PM
epplegaara
post Feb 26 2010, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Feb 26 2010, 01:43 PM)
as someone who has the rare privilege of experiencing med school both in msia and oz, perhaps you can share some of your observations with us, in the med student thread......... smile.gif
yeah,share with us rclxms.gif ,in med student thread,i so want to know the differences
epplegaara
post Mar 8 2010, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

arrgghh.. SPM result will out this thursday >.<

hey cyber,i got the taylors medicine course fees on last week education fair,RM118,300 per year in taylors university while 9,900 pound per year in UK partner university~
cost of living is excluded~!

just to let you guys know,when i asked a promoter from Melaka Manipal Medical college about their medicine course,the first question she asked me was: Do you have RM300k? wth??-.-

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Mar 8 2010, 03:30 PM
epplegaara
post Mar 8 2010, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(CyberSetan @ Mar 8 2010, 04:50 PM)
thats quite expensive. almost 250k for 2 year in Taylors. you could completed an mbbs program in aimst/cucms/allianz/sedaya with that amount of money.
yup,super expensive

i scanned the Taylors fee structure,check it out~

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Mar 8 2010, 05:09 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
epplegaara
post Mar 8 2010, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(CyberSetan @ Mar 8 2010, 05:10 PM)
ohh? that RM118K+ is actually for 2 years (4 sems) in Taylors, not RM250K.
Then it is still competitive.
oh.. my mistake then doh.gif

Added on March 8, 2010, 8:46 pm
QUOTE(limeuu @ Mar 8 2010, 06:36 PM)
there is something wrong with the list.........the fees for uk is quoted as gbp9,900/year, and aud17k-22k ............that is incorrect........

uk fees should be between gbp18k-30k/year and oz fees aud 38k-44k/year.........
hmm.. i got it from taylor's booth~ shocking.gif

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Mar 8 2010, 08:46 PM
epplegaara
post Mar 9 2010, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(onelove89 @ Mar 9 2010, 07:24 AM)
yeah i'm rather shock to see 17-22k for aus. it should be 40-44k now instead, it's rising every year. i think the cheapest is still in tassie, in 2011 it'll be 40k/year, correct me if i'm incorrect. The g8 has raised it to 42k-ish or so. living cost should be less than the estimated one too. 10-12k/year should be sufficient.
sensing a deceit ......

Added on March 11, 2010, 5:06 pmyay~!!! i got all a for spm~!!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by epplegaara: Mar 11 2010, 05:06 PM
epplegaara
post Mar 12 2010, 09:46 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

limeuu just want to say, with C in add maths,doctor is not for you

but that dosent mean you can't be one,study hard in pre-u

choose/consider other profession during your pre-u/foudation studies....

limeuu and gorrila were not trying to discourage you,but its the FACT
epplegaara
post Mar 13 2010, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

hmm.. i need some advises,questions are listed below,
1.If i take twining programme,should i do Clinical years in malaysia or overseas?
2.If i graduate from any University listed in MMC recognition,only malaysia medical university,can i do my postgraduate overseas?
e.g IMU

epplegaara
post Mar 13 2010, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(wgy589 @ Mar 13 2010, 01:40 PM)
hi, the 2nd question is a very typical thought most spm students will have.

theoretically you can definitely take up postgrad overseas, but it's very hard in reality. 

you need to understand in order to do clinical postgrad, you should be licensed to practice in the country 1st, which generally will be full of obstacles if you are talking abt the 1st world countries.

If you managed to get the licence to practice, only then you will compete with other local applicants for post grad training, which is another hurdle.

life is not easy in medicine
i decided to pursue MBBS/MD locally or twining then only go overseas to do postgraduate.

after that, come back to this country to work

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0308sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:37 PM