Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Agarwood/Gaharu, Become a millionaire in 7 years?

views

growproject
post May 15 2008, 11:30 PM

19 posts

amirbashah,

bro check your pm

Added on May 15, 2008, 11:37 pmthruout this thread i find that there are plenty of forumers that are interested in this agarwood field. are there any TT's or gathering being held? coz i feel it's wise for us to get to knw each other plus we could even swap ideas regarding this matter.

i regret for the late introduction to this forum, if not i would invite u guys to out talk about cultivated gaharu held recently. anyway, if there are requests, we might be organizing it again. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by growproject: May 15 2008, 11:37 PM
Sham903n
post May 18 2008, 04:43 PM

Casual
491 posts

growproject

I would love to have a visit to your plantation at sg.merab,bangi.. sometime
Im going back to KK,Sabah (to do testing on other project) next week
and will take pictures of my friends plantation and with permission post it here
see ya soon

growproject
post May 19 2008, 11:38 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Sham903n @ May 18 2008, 04:43 PM)
I would love to have a visit to your plantation at sg.merab,bangi.. sometime
Im going back to KK,Sabah (to do testing on other project) next week
and will take pictures of my friends plantation and with permission post it here
see ya soon
u're welcome bro to visit at anytime (asalkan bukan mlm ler) hehe... just gimme a call @ 016-3929161 smile.gif

growproject
post Jun 3 2008, 11:08 PM

19 posts

Contract Farming

We offer a Repurchasing Contract to anybody who are interested in developing an Agarwood Plantation.

Apart from that we offer:
1. Aquilaria saplings (Sub integra, Crassna & Malaccensis)
2. Plantation Management
3. Advisory
4. Inoculants & Inoculating Services
5. Distillation Services
6. Pure Agarwood Oil

Please contact Mr. Arfan @ 016-3929161 for further info and site visit. icon_rolleyes.gif
kwaytiau
post Jun 4 2008, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(growproject @ Jun 3 2008, 11:08 PM)
Contract Farming

We offer a Repurchasing Contract to anybody who are interested in developing an Agarwood Plantation.

Apart from that we offer:
1. Aquilaria saplings (Sub integra, Crassna & Malaccensis)
2. Plantation Management
3. Advisory
4. Inoculants & Inoculating Services
5. Distillation Services
6. Pure Agarwood Oil

Please contact Mr. Arfan @ 016-3929161 for further info and site visit.  icon_rolleyes.gif
I m interested.How much it will cost and what is the procedure?

Thanks.
growproject
post Jun 5 2008, 11:10 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(kwaytiau @ Jun 4 2008, 09:31 AM)
I m interested.How much it will cost and what is the procedure?

Thanks.
wow mr kwaytiau... mana-mana pun ada hahaha... looks like u really are interested bro, anyway i prefer if we could meet up so that we could discuss further about this, besides i'll arrange a site visit to our plantation so that we could have a clear picture bout what's the project gonna be like thumbup.gif
kwaytiau
post Jun 5 2008, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(growproject @ Jun 5 2008, 11:10 AM)
wow mr kwaytiau... mana-mana pun ada hahaha... looks like u really are interested bro, anyway i prefer if we could meet up so that we could discuss further about this, besides i'll arrange a site visit to our plantation so that we could have a clear picture bout what's the project gonna be like  thumbup.gif
OK
TSamirbashah
post Jun 5 2008, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(growproject @ Jun 5 2008, 11:10 AM)
wow mr kwaytiau... mana-mana pun ada hahaha... looks like u really are interested bro, anyway i prefer if we could meet up so that we could discuss further about this, besides i'll arrange a site visit to our plantation so that we could have a clear picture bout what's the project gonna be like  thumbup.gif
Saya pun nak datang tengok jugak. Sekarang ni saya sibuk dengan kebun saya la En. Arfan. Saya ada post gambar dekat page 1 thread ni.
Sham903n
post Jun 5 2008, 12:43 PM

Casual
491 posts

Im back from a visit to my friends plantations and got some new info (atleast new to me). He is planting multiple types of trees (Sub integra, Crassna, Malaccensis & a Hybrid) from our neighbouring country (cant really say which, but you all know which country that dont have any agarwood tree 10 year ago are now 10 year ahead of us and a major agarwood player, so they are telling that you can get a possible $20k per tree- provided there is no middleman). You can get a young tree for less than RM1 there and he said that the best will be Crassna for chip gaharu or the Hybrid type.. but hybrid having trouble with malaysian climate, but most probable due to the long journey they take to reach here. Also get your self familiar with CITES - Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species http://www.mtc.com.my/mtib_procedure.htm . Regards to inoculations, there, it is sold at RM150 per liter (proven affective base on 10 year experience) compare to RM250-400 (with no proof of affectiveness) sold locally. Its injected at 4th year depends of type of tree - weak 1 will die. The neighbouring country are not secretive on these infos.. if you can understand their language better.. smile.gif cheers.. 17 acres here I come, ohh 1 more thing.. before you go all out cutting your own forest for plantation.. be sure to check if there is any old karas tree growing on your land.. that tree will give you $$$$$$ in less than 2 years after inoculation! take care goodluck.. I hope the goverment is not reading this and make it harder for us to improve our finacial well being (impose licence/tax/this that anything to churn more money to finance the rakyat money churning project-example-gov funded back seat belts paid by tax money-awarded to companies that put $$ in their pockets! Cheers

This post has been edited by Sham903n: Jun 5 2008, 09:34 PM
am_eniey
post Jun 5 2008, 08:03 PM

✿✿✿✿✿
3,314 posts

TS, I have a 12 acre of palm oil estate in Perak, can you guide my on this plantation !!! I really need to know as my palm oil trees are growing old....
yewkhuay
post Jun 5 2008, 11:32 PM

I don't even belong here....
6,657 posts

hmm, my dad has a small piece of land, around 4acres in perak as well. just wondering how to start with agarwood plantation and starting cost.

TSamirbashah
post Jun 6 2008, 08:11 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(yewkhuay @ Jun 5 2008, 11:32 PM)
hmm, my dad has a small piece of land, around 4acres in perak as well. just wondering how to start with agarwood plantation and starting cost.
Hi there, one tree would cost you RM5-RM15 and you could plant around 500-1000 trees on an acre of land. The fertilizers is not that expensive which is RM0.30-RM0.50 per piece. Bear in mind that you have to clear your land from shrubs, weeds and trees before planting the agarwood trees. It's better for you to buy a chainsaw, 'mesin rumput' etc. But it's not necessary to clear all of it. Better leave some trees as a shade for the agarwood trees.
If you clear you land by yourself (like me), it would save you a lot of money. Don't forget about fencing to avoid wild animals (wild boar) or thieves entering your plantation. For more information, ask Mr. Growproject aka Mr. Arfan or Mr. Eehsitna. He can supply you with the trees and give you advice on this particular subject.

Added on June 6, 2008, 8:14 am
QUOTE(amirbashah @ Oct 11 2007, 06:28 AM)
Pictures of my gaharu trees

user posted image
My first tree

user posted image
Someone please help me clear my land  sad.gif

user posted image
Small lake in my land
smile.gif

This post has been edited by amirbashah: Jun 6 2008, 08:14 AM
eehtsitna
post Jun 6 2008, 08:28 AM

Casual
356 posts

It is good to see the thread alive again!!! tongue.gif Sorry guys if i am late in replying your questions and stuff. Having loads of work and at the same time trying to sort out some emotional problem. tongue.gif

If i am not mistaken, i still owe amirbashah an explanation on "thinning" and a reply for growproject's pm. tongue.gif Will work on it as soon as possible. biggrin.gif

Cheers and happy planting!!! biggrin.gif
kwaytiau
post Jun 6 2008, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

i have 3 acres land and will plant agarwood soon after clean the bushes..

do we need special 'baja' to plan this?

thanks
Happy Farmer
post Jun 6 2008, 02:58 PM

14 posts

Hello All,

I represent a company in Lao PDR called Happy Farmers Co Ltd <www.happyfarmers.com> We are the exclusive distributor of CA Kits for Lao PDR. CA Kits are the only legitimate inducement technology for agarwood trees. The technology is patented or patent is pending in most of the main producing countries and markets for agarwood. This means that if you export agarwood to a country legally (i.e. with CITES certification) you may be infringing the patent if the agarwood was produced using a technology other than CA Kits.

Regardless of the patent protection, CA Kits are the most cost effective way to produce good quality cultivated agarwood, so you would be wasting your money and agarwood trees if you used any other inducement technology.

My main reason for writing today was to inform you of a great investment opportunity. We can offer you 100,000 standing agarwood trees for US$1 million (the plantation is in Lao PDR). They include about 50,000 trees that are ready to treat immediately with CA Kits (they were planted in 2001). Mixed in with those trees are another 50,000 younger trees of various ages that were replanted in the gaps where the original trees died. The buyer can use the land until the last of the trees are harvested.

Other good news for a potential investor is that agarwood trees treated with CA Kits can now be harvested at 10 � 12 months after first treatment. In other words the production cycle has been reduced from the original 2 years to just 1 year thanks to improvements in the potency of the CA Kit technology. (This news was received just this week after a recent visit by Prof. Robert Blanchette of the University of Minnesota - co-inventor of the CA Kit - to assess the latest research results in Vietnam).

We can negotiate later the price that we'd charge for CA Kits (one kit per tree) � but for the time being you can budget $30/tree (including all materials and application service); this price could be significantly reduced in exchange for a share of the trees at harvest time. You should add say another couple of dollars per tree for security/taking care of the trees (i.e. plantation management). Also, to improve access to the plantation, we advise improving the farm road at a cost of $50,000.

So I estimate a total investment of $1,000,000 (trees) + $1,500,000 (CA Kits) + $100,000 (management) + $50,000 (road) + $500,000 (for processing & marketing costs) = US$3,150,000 (focusing on exploiting the 50,000 mature trees only).

In return, I would estimate conservatively a gross income of 50,000 x $200 = US$10,000,000 after 12 months. (And more money could be made from the 50,000 younger trees in later years).

I reckon this is real bargain and I wish we could finance this deal ourselves but our limited cash resources are already invested in CA Kits and agarwood trees. We are making this offer to other potential buyers, so it's a case of "first come, first served".

Best regards,
Happy Farmer.
P.S. For further information you may also like to visit www.cultivatedagarwood.com www.scentedmountain.com and http://forestpathology.cfans.umn.edu/agarwoodmeeting.htm

This post has been edited by Happy Farmer: Jun 7 2008, 02:16 PM
eehtsitna
post Jun 6 2008, 03:43 PM

Casual
356 posts

Eddie? Is that you? I dont have the time to look into the detail of your proposal but will go through it when i return from home after office hour.
Happy Farmer
post Jun 7 2008, 07:52 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(eehtsitna @ Jun 6 2008, 02:43 PM)
Eddie? Is that you? I dont have the time to look into the detail of your proposal but will go through it when i return from home after office hour.
Yes it's me! smile.gif I am not sure who you are but I guess we met at the International Agarwood Conference in Bangkok in March last year?

Added on June 7, 2008, 8:00 am
QUOTE(amirbashah @ Oct 11 2007, 05:51 AM)
There is this one old guy planted agarwood trees on his 30 acres land and a Japanese investor wants to buy the trees for RM60 million.IM NOT JOKING.
Hi Amirbashah,

Any chance you can find out who is the Japanese investor? He might be interested in our offer.

Thanks.

Happy Farmer.

Added on June 7, 2008, 8:09 am
QUOTE(cherasbabe @ Oct 19 2007, 11:31 PM)
user posted image
http://www.fotolog.com/aquilaria/23667130
Looking from these pictures, I think you're goin to have tough competition from Thai growers.
Those trees are not so good - they are too tall and thin and they should not have multiple stems. Objective should be to maximise the yield of agarwood per CA Kit, not per hectare of land (because your most expensive input is the CA Kit not the land or tree).

Added on June 7, 2008, 8:19 am
QUOTE(amirbashah @ Oct 22 2007, 07:02 AM)
It's a forest tree and no need to take care of it often.
I wish that was true. Actually the plantation needs to be weeded, protected from fire, livestock and thieves. In the wrong place (e.g. poor draining soil) the trees can die of root rot disease (e.g. Fusarium spp) and leaf eating caterpillars can be a serious pest - they have contributed to the death of many agarwood trees in Lao PDR and Vietnam (and perhaps other countries but I don't have any information about that). However all these problems can be avoided/controlled with proper management. If you see my earlier post you will note that I referred to 50,000 out of 100,000 trees being replanted due to the original trees dying - that was simply because the previous plantation owner did not manage his plantation properly.

Added on June 7, 2008, 8:27 am
QUOTE(joe_hunt @ Jan 15 2008, 03:31 PM)
it is baby tree i already plant it at polybag, this gaharu need space 6 feet from each other when u plant it to land, then can u find land at selangor  and can be rent for 7 years
I'd suggest 3 meters very minimum, but 3.5 meters would be better.

This post has been edited by Happy Farmer: Jun 7 2008, 08:27 AM
TSamirbashah
post Jun 7 2008, 01:06 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(Happy Farmer @ Jun 7 2008, 07:52 AM)

Added on June 7, 2008, 8:09 am

Those trees are not so good - they are too tall and thin and they should not have multiple stems. Objective should be to maximise the yield of agarwood per CA Kit, not per hectare of land (because your most expensive input is the CA Kit not the land or tree).

So what is the best solution for this problem? Is it because the trees are planted too close to each other or there are other reasons for it?

Happy Farmer
post Jun 7 2008, 01:56 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(amirbashah @ Apr 22 2008, 10:20 AM)
That's a good idea, wait for 5 years and then sell the trees straight away. If people want to buy it for RM1,000.00 per tree, the return is still good. I can't wait to start this project, it's been almost a year now. I have to ask the contractor to clear my land as soon as possible. Moreover I have to build fence around my land. That would cost a lot also  sad.gif Have you found the best method for inoculation eehtsitna? This thread has become quite popular recently  smile.gif
I am not sure why anybody would pay RM1,000 per 5-year-old-tree without any treatment when they could buy 7-year-old trees from me for less than one tenth of that price!

In the Lao PDR, farmers sell trees at any age from one year upwards but the older they are the higher the price.

Regarding inducement treatment, the only proven and patented treatment worth applying is the CA Kit. All other techniques (and there are many that can produce resin in agarwood trees) are by far inferior. It simply does not make sense to spend money to grow a tree and then treat it with an inferior technique (especially if it costs more than a CA Kit!).

Furthermore, if you want to export the agarwood legally (with CITES certification) then you will need to declare where the wood came from. Since the patent for CA Kits covers all other inducement techniques it will be easy to catch the person trading the agarwood that has been produced using another technique that infringes the CA Kit patent.

So if you want to maximize your profits from your agarwood trees and stay legal, the CA Kit is your only option. Since most of you are in Malaysia you can contact Healthy Business Sdn Bhd for more information about CA Kits (see: http://www.cultivatedagarwood.com/?page_id=6 ) for their contact numbers.

Added on June 7, 2008, 2:05 pm
QUOTE(amirbashah @ Jun 7 2008, 12:06 PM)
So what is the best solution for this problem? Is it because the trees are planted too close to each other or there are other reasons for it?
Yes - too close planting and also lack of correct pruning (to maintain only one leader/main stem) when the trees are young.

Added on June 7, 2008, 2:15 pm
QUOTE(Sham903n @ Jun 5 2008, 11:43 AM)
they are telling that you can get a possible $20k per tree- provided there is no middleman).
I don't know if you mean US$ or RM but either way I don't believe anyone will ever get anywhere near that price for their trees. Some people are just exaggerating the prices paid for trees in order to promote their products. There are a lot of cowboys in this business so please be careful everyone.

Added on June 7, 2008, 2:23 pm
QUOTE(growproject @ May 14 2008, 03:45 AM)
from our experience and research since all the inoculants nowdays cannot produce a high quality gaharu in chip form,
Hi Growproject,

So please tell us if you have researched the CA Kit? If you visit www.scentedmountain.com you can see good quality chips produced from CA Kits selling for nice prices. I believe only CA Kits can produce good quality chips; I agree that all the other techniques are only good for making oil.

Added on June 7, 2008, 2:29 pm
QUOTE(eehtsitna @ Apr 22 2008, 01:36 PM)
The best inoculation technique? I cannot give any recommendation at the moment because I have only tested 1 technique so far. That is why I am trying to get a friend of mine to source out various inoculation technique out there so that I can test it out and later compare the results. I know where to get the trees for testing. The only problem is I do not have the techniques to test with. Mind you, some people guard this technique as a trade secret and most of the inoculation technique is the market is expensive. tongue.gif
Not sure why you want to do testing when others have already done the testing for you! If I was a Malaysian tax payer I would be complaining about my government wasting my taxes doing unnecessary research! biggrin.gif Also all the other techniques (i.e. other than CA Kits) are illegal.

The CA Kits are not expensive if you consider the high profits that can be made from applying them to agarwood trees. Spend US$30 on a kit and get back at least $200 one year later! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Happy Farmer: Jun 7 2008, 02:29 PM
kwaytiau
post Jun 7 2008, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

good information from Happy Farmer.

thank you.

19 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:24 AM