Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Agarwood/Gaharu, Become a millionaire in 7 years?

views

Vv.SoViEt.vV
post Apr 21 2008, 08:07 PM

ToRMeNted-sOUL
1,359 posts

After carefully reading them, you need RM40k minimum to plant gaharu at 1 acre land for 7 years. The duration is long and the fund required is big for starter like me to venture into gaharu.
selenium
post Apr 21 2008, 09:59 PM

RipVanWinkle
1,032 posts

and in seven years any othe business would have generated taht much revenue. plus not that risky. 7 years is a very long period of time and alot of stuff can happen in 7 years
Sham903n
post Apr 22 2008, 01:26 AM

Casual
491 posts

at 5th year, you can always sell the trees without inoculation to interested partie$$ oversea$, you dont have to sell the land just the trees and its up to them to innoculate the trees for another 2 years, because its theirs.., you transfer the risk.. they transfer ca$h..
or you can set up a Bhd or Sdn Bhd owning the land planted with agarwood, on the 5th year get a loan from Agro Bank(Bank Pertanian) and inoculate with goverment(rakyat) money... 1 year breathing period just pay service charge use the balance of money to pay 1 year payment... risk bare by your company.. 2years later harvest and pay bank..
need to test on cloning method.. if it works.. I just need 1 cutting from 1 of my friends tree out of the 33 acres .. walla.. super cheap agarwood for 17 acre..
I dont have time for other business.. plus this is passive business untill harvested.. this wont be the only egg in the basket.. just 1 of the basket with eggs..

Added on April 22, 2008, 3:40 am
QUOTE(eehtsitna @ Apr 21 2008, 09:23 AM)
Regarding vegetative propogation (cutting), it can be done but if i am not mistaken, the mortality rate is high among seedlings propogated this way. Another important point is that, seedlings propogated through this technique usually does not have a nice tree stand. Meaning that they are usually not straight and they tend to have a lot of branches.
Hi eehtsitna,
I will be in KK end of May "Pesta Menuai", are you in KK or Sandakan? The "cutting" I have in mind will be combine with another borrowed technology to increase its root growth and tree growth within few weeks, this will be an interesting experiment. About the lots of branches... isnt that a good thing? 1 tree = 3 or 4 tree (like in the picture below).. also with this 1 tree I can combine other type of agarwood in 1 tree, which means type A tree with 3 branch cut 1 branch replace with type B branch.. just an idea..

user posted image

QUOTE(kwaytiau @ Apr 20 2008, 04:19 PM)
where is your friend and you are located?
Thanks
"If I tell you, I have to kill you" just joking tongue.gif .. i cant tell you bro.. not without his consent.. I doubt he will..

I've seen alot in 10 years (1998 economic down turn), after 10 years.. I still see my friends working 9 to 5 for a living, after 10 years.. I still see alot of land uncultivated & only cultivated with "hutan", after 10 years.. only a few friends has a liquid$ networth >RM500,000 while the majority of my friends still have a 9 to 5 job, not to mention also hutangs.. "house loan, car loan, education loan, etc.." after 7 years do you think I will see this again.. most likely yes", we need to break free! wake up! do something... anything.. cause we only have 1 lifetime to live thru, why not... never "should not".

http://www.enfleurage.com/aa-agarwood.html <--- nice

http://forestpathology.cfans.umn.edu/agarwoodmeeting.htm <--- having doubts?

http://www.leapspiral.org/projects/ <--- SFD"Sabah Forest Dept" are you charging the UMN technology??

This post has been edited by Sham903n: Apr 22 2008, 12:37 PM
kwaytiau
post Apr 22 2008, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(Sham903n @ Apr 22 2008, 01:26 AM)

user posted image
"If I tell you, I have to kill you" just joking tongue.gif .. i cant tell you bro.. not without his consent.. I doubt he will..
http://www.enfleurage.com/aa-agarwood.html <--- nice

Hi Sham903n,

Not a problem if you dont want to tell your location.At least good to know you with new idea and a group of people with same interest.

Hopefully our dream will come tru in Saudagara Agarwood.....smile.gif

Thanks for the link...

p/s:I have land for sale around 30 Acre..suitable for Agarwood.Interested just contact me.
TSamirbashah
post Apr 22 2008, 08:20 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

The trees in the picture look thin. I think the trees are too close together, that's why they're like that.

Added on April 22, 2008, 8:26 am
QUOTE(kwaytiau @ Apr 22 2008, 08:12 AM)
Hi Sham903n,

Not a problem if you dont want to tell your location.At least good to know you with new idea and a group of people with same interest.

Hopefully our dream will come tru in Saudagara Agarwood.....smile.gif

Thanks for the link...
p/s:I have land for sale around 30 Acre..suitable for Agarwood.Interested just contact me.
How much do you want to sell and where is it located?

This post has been edited by amirbashah: Apr 22 2008, 08:26 AM
kwaytiau
post Apr 22 2008, 09:02 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(amirbashah @ Apr 22 2008, 08:20 AM)
The trees in the picture look thin. I think the trees are too close together, that's why they're like that.

Added on April 22, 2008, 8:26 am

How much do you want to sell and where is it located?
Actually not my land.Just helping my friend to sell it.

It is located in Gua Musang Kelantan.
eehtsitna
post Apr 22 2008, 09:54 AM

Casual
356 posts

[quote=Sham903n,Apr 22 2008, 02:26 AM]
at 5th year, you can always sell the trees without inoculation to interested partie$$ oversea$, you dont have to sell the land just the trees and its up to them to innoculate the trees for another 2 years, because its theirs.., you transfer the risk.. they transfer ca$h.. [quote]

In my opinion, this is the most viable way to sell your karas tree without too much risk. You will only need to wait 5 years instead of 7 years and furthermore, you would not have to worry about the success of the inoculation. If you can sell those tree say around Rm1000.00 each. Assuming you are planting those tree in 3x3m spacing you will get approximately 1 thousand tree per hectare and that alone is Rm1million.

[quote]
Hi eehtsitna,
I will be in KK end of May "Pesta Menuai", are you in KK or Sandakan? The "cutting" I have in mind will be combine with another borrowed technology to increase its root growth and tree growth within few weeks, this will be an interesting experiment. About the lots of branches... isnt that a good thing? 1 tree = 3 or 4 tree (like in the picture below).. also with this 1 tree I can combine other type of agarwood in 1 tree, which means type A tree with 3 branch cut 1 branch replace with type B branch.. just an idea.. [/quote]

I am station in Sandakan. I might be in KK during that time but I cannot confirm anything for now. Regarding the borrowed technology you mentioned earlier. Is it a common technology used on oil palm? If you are serious about conducting this experiment do let me know. I am interested with the result. biggrin.gif

Ooo, you plan to do grafting? Hmmm... i am not sure what is your intention of doing so but I can tell you that it is not economically viable since you will need to add in cost for grafting into your financial management plan. Not to mention that you need to have alot of skilled worker who has experiences with grafting.

[quote]
http://www.leapspiral.org/projects/ <--- SFD"Sabah Forest Dept" are you charging the UMN technology??

[/quote]

I can answer this question. From my understanding, the department is still experimenting on this technology. At the time being, we are not promoting or encourage the usage of this technology until the department have enough data to back up the result.
TSamirbashah
post Apr 22 2008, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(eehtsitna @ Apr 22 2008, 09:54 AM)
In my opinion, this is the most viable way to sell your karas tree without too much risk. You will only need to wait 5 years instead of 7 years and furthermore, you would not have to worry about the success of the inoculation. If you can sell those tree say around Rm1000.00 each. Assuming you are planting those tree in 3x3m spacing you will get approximately 1 thousand tree per hectare and that alone is Rm1million.

I am station in Sandakan. I might be in KK during that time but I cannot confirm anything for now. Regarding the borrowed technology you mentioned earlier. Is it a common technology used on oil palm? If you are serious about conducting this experiment do let me know. I am interested with the result. biggrin.gif

Ooo, you plan to do grafting? Hmmm... i am not sure what is your intention of doing so but I can tell you that it is not economically viable since you will need to add in cost for grafting into your financial management plan. Not to mention that you need to have alot of skilled worker who has experiences with grafting.
I can answer this question. From my understanding, the department is still experimenting on this technology. At the time being, we are not promoting or encourage the usage of this technology until the department have enough data to back up the result.
That's a good idea, wait for 5 years and then sell the trees straight away. If people want to buy it for RM1,000.00 per tree, the return is still good. I can't wait to start this project, it's been almost a year now. I have to ask the contractor to clear my land as soon as possible. Moreover I have to build fence around my land. That would cost a lot also sad.gif Have you found the best method for inoculation eehtsitna? This thread has become quite popular recently smile.gif

This post has been edited by amirbashah: Apr 22 2008, 11:24 AM
eehtsitna
post Apr 22 2008, 02:36 PM

Casual
356 posts

Bear in mind that when you are clearing the land up, you should leave those big tree around to give some shade to the karas seedling that you want to plant. Even though karas is a light demanding species, it is good to have some shade early in the planting stage to improve the survival rate. Once the seedling has established itself on the site, then you might consider felling those big tree to free up space and to reduce the competition for the karas tree.

The best inoculation technique? I cannot give any recommendation at the moment because I have only tested 1 technique so far. That is why I am trying to get a friend of mine to source out various inoculation technique out there so that I can test it out and later compare the results. I know where to get the trees for testing. The only problem is I do not have the techniques to test with. Mind you, some people guard this technique as a trade secret and most of the inoculation technique is the market is expensive. tongue.gif

amirbashah - Where is the location that you are planting your karas and how big is the area? I got a few friends in KL area that might know a few contractor who is willing to take up that job from you.

It is a good thing the thread is getting more attention lately. tongue.gif
TSamirbashah
post Apr 22 2008, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(eehtsitna @ Apr 22 2008, 02:36 PM)
Bear in mind that when you are clearing the land up, you should leave those big tree around to give some shade to the karas seedling that you want to plant. Even though karas is a light demanding species, it is good to have some shade early in the planting stage to improve the survival rate. Once the seedling has established itself on the site, then you might consider felling those big tree to free up space and to reduce the competition for the karas tree.

The best inoculation technique? I cannot give any recommendation at the moment because I have only tested 1 technique so far. That is why I am trying to get a friend of mine to source out various inoculation technique out there so that I can test it out and later compare the results. I know where to get the trees for testing. The only problem is I do not have the techniques to test with. Mind you, some people guard this technique as a trade secret and most of the inoculation technique is the market is expensive. tongue.gif

amirbashah - Where is the location that you are planting your karas and how big is the area? I got a few friends in KL area that might know a few contractor who is willing to take up that job from you.

It is a good thing the thread is getting more attention lately. tongue.gif
You should see how my land looks like. It's like a forest. I called the supplier of the trees and he said he's willing to plant the trees at a cost. RM2 per tree and he will monitor your trees for 3 months. The supplier will do a survey at my land soon. This is the same person I bought the trees from late last year, Jasben Plantation. They sell it RM5 per tree. I don't know where you could get it much cheaper.

I'll be planting it in Sungai Merab (border of Putrajaya). The land is 6+ acres. I already ask a contractor to do the job but currently he's quite busy. I don't know when he'll be free. Please do give me a contact number because I really don't want to delay planting the trees. Just want to ask your opinion, what's the best species of gaharu tree? Mallacensis, Crassna or Subintegra?

This post has been edited by amirbashah: Apr 28 2008, 05:01 PM
eehtsitna
post Apr 22 2008, 03:45 PM

Casual
356 posts

Jasben plantation? Is it the company based in Kelantan? The price for the seedling is reasonable. Regarding the Rm2 per tree planting service, does the cost cover the 3 month monitoring operation? Or was it Rm2 per tree per month? tongue.gif

My friend is not in Malaysia at the moment. Will try to contact him and ask him regarding the contractor when he is back.

The best species for gaharu production? That is another grey area that needs to be study intensively. No one can say for sure what species is the best but somehow people has relate each species to the final product that you can get out of it.

A. malaccensis - wood chip
A. crassna - oil
A. subintegra - (i am not sure about this though)
wangmali
post Apr 22 2008, 04:17 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(wenjie86 @ Jan 15 2008, 01:34 PM)
those land in muar.. johor tongue.gif cheap ^^

it's easy to get to muar, about 2 hours from KL biggrin.gif

well, try find rural land, it's better... a lot of malay in rural got land but didn't use it.. if can get them to rent their land is the best, in the same time ask them take care tongue.gif
hello wenjie,

i'm wangmali....stay in Kluang and already planted gaharu for 6 month........if u need sourcing i.e trees etc.......just col me at 0127997821.......tq rclxms.gif

Added on April 22, 2008, 4:25 pmHello gaharu lovers.......i'm wangmali

I'm selling gaharu trees also,R & D ,inoculation,marketing ......everything regarding gahharu..........just col me azam or wangmali my nickname 0127997821...come and visit my plantation in Kluang....we are the first use this new tech. of planting..........we have our own R&D (with UPM)....bye

Dont waste yr time discussing but no action taken....dont worry we have many expertise regarding this gaharu.....and those kelantan and pahang fellow already rich......................it was proven. we are not right person to do research unless u are majoring in agri.......many experting experts out there,,,,,,,,,,,,,just listen to them and make comparison.......gd luck and bye2

This post has been edited by wangmali: Apr 22 2008, 04:25 PM
inoitu
post Apr 22 2008, 04:49 PM

Regular
1,526 posts

Boleh ke sesiapa terangkan sedidit perbezaan gaharu dengan chandan? Kerana semasa di Pahang dahulu orang asli selalu pergi car chandan(candan?) tapi tak pernah dengar cari gaharu.
TSamirbashah
post Apr 22 2008, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(eehtsitna @ Apr 22 2008, 03:45 PM)
Jasben plantation? Is it the company based in Kelantan? The price for the seedling is reasonable. Regarding the Rm2 per tree planting service, does the cost cover the 3 month monitoring operation? Or was it Rm2 per tree per month? tongue.gif

My friend is not in Malaysia at the moment. Will try to contact him and ask him regarding the contractor when he is back.

The best species for gaharu production? That is another grey area that needs to be study intensively. No one can say for sure what species is the best but somehow people has relate each species to the final product that you can get out of it.

A. crassna - oil
Yup, they are from Kelantan and have an office here in Damansara (actually the owner's house). The RM2 planting service also includes the cost cover the 3 month monitoring operation (if I'm not mistaken). Check out their website at www.jasbenplantation.cjb.net or www.jasben.cjb.net. I think it's better to diversify. Plant the three types of gaharu trees on my land but maybe I would increase the amount of malaccensis trees. Can you give me your phone number?

Added on April 22, 2008, 5:13 pm
QUOTE(inoitu @ Apr 22 2008, 04:49 PM)
Boleh ke sesiapa terangkan sedidit perbezaan gaharu dengan chandan? Kerana semasa di Pahang dahulu orang asli selalu pergi car chandan(candan?) tapi tak pernah dengar cari gaharu.
Saya rasa chandan/candan dan gaharu adalah benda yang sama. If I'm not mistaken.

This post has been edited by amirbashah: Apr 22 2008, 05:13 PM
ycsan
post May 13 2008, 04:24 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(amirbashah @ Oct 11 2007, 06:28 AM)
Do you guys have any information on Agarwood/Gaharu?I heard it's a good investment.It is a tree or wood used for making perfume.The demand for the commodity is quite high and selling around RM10k-RM20k per kilogram.The oil from the trees are more expensive which could sell around RM20k-RM40k per kilogram.You could buy the trees for RM5-RM100 depending on the size and could plant around 450-600 trees on 1 acre of land.The oil/wood from the trees can be harvested after 7 years.If I'm not mistaken,the trees from an acre of land can generate you a profit of RM500k-RM1 million.If you guys are expert or have a lot of information on this subject please let me know.And feel free to discuss.
I am going to grow Gaharu plant since we have some common interest why don't we have phone conversation to understand better.
my phoneno: 016=3333283 or email: ycsan@pc.jaring.my.

cs.yong.

Added on May 13, 2008, 4:29 pm
QUOTE(wenjie86 @ Jan 15 2008, 12:34 PM)
those land in muar.. johor tongue.gif cheap ^^

it's easy to get to muar, about 2 hours from KL biggrin.gif

well, try find rural land, it's better... a lot of malay in rural got land but didn't use it.. if can get them to rent their land is the best, in the same time ask them take care tongue.gif
Are you still looking for land to grow Gaharu ?

I have some good deal for you.

Please contact me: 016-3333283.
email: ycsan@pc.jaring.my

cs.yong.

Added on May 13, 2008, 4:44 pmTo any one who are looking for land and Gaharu Plant I have the it ready.
I can supply with complete planting with the innoculation service.

Interested person can contact me at NO: 016-3333283. or email: ycsan@pc.jaring..my

cs.yong.

This post has been edited by ycsan: May 13 2008, 04:44 PM
growproject
post May 14 2008, 04:45 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(amirbashah @ Apr 22 2008, 02:59 PM)
I'll be planting it in Sungai Merab (border of Putrajaya). The land is 6+ acres. I already ask a contractor to do the job but currently he's quite busy. I don't know when he'll be free. Please do give me a contact number because I really don't want to delay planting the trees. Just want to ask your opinion, what's the best species of gaharu tree? Mallacensis, Crassna or Subintegra?
Hi all, I'm a newbie to this forum

I'd just like to share the same interest in cultivated agarwood in which during my years, there has been loads misleading infos regarding cultivated agarwood. Throughout the threads, I do much agree with eehtsitna regarding the infos.

To anyone here who'd like to view a sample on wot an agarwood plantation would be like, or just wanna gain same extra info, or even to actually view the inoculating technique, u guys are most welcome to our humble plantation in Sg. Merab, Bangi. In that particular plantation, we planted a variety of Aq. Malaccensis, Aq. Crassna, Aq. Sub integra and Aq. Hirta (candan) just to compare its growth rate, compatibility and of course the result. As for the rest of our plantations, we focus more on Aq. Sub integra, as from our research with our partner in Trat, it produces more oil and are among the the best oudh oil from cultivated agarwood. (refer 'Cambodian Oudh' pricing)

Just contact us for info regarding seedlings, plantation management, inoculants, distillation process and market and sales of gaharu products.

Amirbashah, bro i believe that our plantation are quite nearby. We have another plantation at Kg. Limau Manis. Can I know where is ur plantation? and wot species are u planting?

Added on May 14, 2008, 4:59 am
QUOTE(eehtsitna @ Apr 22 2008, 03:45 PM)

A. crassna - oil
Hi eehtsitna,

from our experience and research since all the inoculants nowdays cannot produce a high quality gaharu in chip form, we feel it is much wiser for gaharu planters to focus more on oil producing. from the 3 species above, cultivated of course, all of them can produce oil, and in the market we found out that the market (esp middle easterners) are quite fond of the oil produced by Aq. Sub integra and are willing to pay quite a price! nod.gif
So for us, as for now, we prefer to focus more on Aq. Sub integra + a personnel from a government agency did announce that Aq. Sub integra is the best cultivated gaharu producing species during an international gaharu conference recently held during NATPRO @ PWTC
But anyhow, all of this can be solve by a good marketing strategy combined with a good sales negotiation biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by growproject: May 14 2008, 05:03 AM
ycsan
post May 14 2008, 10:06 AM

3 posts

To any one who are looking for land and Gaharu Plant I have the it ready.

I can supply with complete planting with the innoculation service.

Interested person can contact me at NO: 016-3333283. or email: ycsan@pc.jaring..my

cs.yong.

eehtsitna
post May 14 2008, 02:14 PM

Casual
356 posts

Yo guys! There is this agarwood seminar coming up on the 25th - 26th of May 2008 in Kelantan. Since it is organized by a private company and I am not affiliated with them, I will not post their information here to the public. If you are interested, drop me a pm and i will give you the detail information regarding this seminar.

kwaytiau
post May 14 2008, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(eehtsitna @ May 14 2008, 02:14 PM)
Yo guys! There is this agarwood seminar coming up on the 25th - 26th of May 2008 in Kelantan. Since it is organized by a private company and I am not affiliated with them, I will not post their information here to the public. If you are interested, drop me a pm and i will give you the detail information regarding this seminar.
check your PM.

thanks
TSamirbashah
post May 15 2008, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

[quote=growproject,May 14 2008, 04:45 AM]
Hi all, I'm a newbie to this forum

I'd just like to share the same interest in cultivated agarwood in which during my years, there has been loads misleading infos regarding cultivated agarwood. Throughout the threads, I do much agree with eehtsitna regarding the infos.

To anyone here who'd like to view a sample on wot an agarwood plantation would be like, or just wanna gain same extra info, or even to actually view the inoculating technique, u guys are most welcome to our humble plantation in Sg. Merab, Bangi. In that particular plantation, we planted a variety of Aq. Malaccensis, Aq. Crassna, Aq. Sub integra and Aq. Hirta (candan) just to compare its growth rate, compatibility and of course the result. As for the rest of our plantations, we focus more on Aq. Sub integra, as from our research with our partner in Trat, it produces more oil and are among the the best oudh oil from cultivated agarwood. (refer 'Cambodian Oudh' pricing)

Just contact us for info regarding seedlings, plantation management, inoculants, distillation process and market and sales of gaharu products.

Amirbashah, bro i believe that our plantation are quite nearby. We have another plantation at Kg. Limau Manis. Can I know where is ur plantation? and wot species are u planting?

Added on May 14, 2008, 4:59 am

Seems like your land is near to mine. My land is located near to the cemetery. It's located on the right side of the road if you're heading to Limau Manis or to the cemetery. Maybe I could visit your agarwood plantation soon. Currently I only plant Malaccencis. PM me your phone number.

19 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0244sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 PM