78 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Windows 11, To be announce on 24 June 2021

views

noos
post Jun 25 2021, 04:09 PM

On my way
538 posts

I'm using self build 11th Gen Intel CPU PC & health check failed......
Andrewtst
post Jun 25 2021, 04:11 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Jun 25 2021, 04:02 PM)
CPU too old not support TPM laugh.gif
As I cannot find TPM in bios sad.gif
Very sorry to hear about that, in that case the only way was install using hack method or change PC.

https://winaero.com/how-to-install-windows-...ithout-tpm-2-0/

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Jun 25 2021, 04:13 PM
SSJBen
post Jun 25 2021, 04:12 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

MS cock blocking DirectStorage, exclusive to Win11. Considering that W10 and W11 are still basically the same OS, cock blocking the most important feature is a dick move. Not that I expected any less from them....
Andrewtst
post Jun 25 2021, 04:15 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(noos @ Jun 25 2021, 04:09 PM)
I'm using self build 11th Gen Intel CPU PC & health check failed......
If your Bios don't have option to turn on fTPM or TPM, then probably the only way was using hack method to install.

Certain MB allow to buy the TPM 2.0 dedicated chipset and plugin to support.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Jun 25 2021, 04:15 PM
XeactorZ
post Jun 25 2021, 05:13 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
31,226 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jun 25 2021, 04:11 PM)
Very sorry to hear about that, in that case the only way was install using hack method or change PC.

Hahah is okay bro, have to accept the fact
I guess my laptop have TPM, just no idea where it is
As for desktop don't think support TPM as is 4th gen intel CPU laugh.gif

And Windows 11 haven't release yet, still have some time to figure it out where the TPM in bios bruce.gif
PJng
post Jun 25 2021, 05:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,534 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jun 25 2021, 04:15 PM)
If your Bios don't have option to turn on fTPM or TPM, then probably the only way was using hack method to install.

Certain MB allow to buy the TPM 2.0 dedicated chipset and plugin to support.

Not sure how pc price when windows 11 is launch
chocobo7779
post Jun 25 2021, 05:41 PM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
14,368 posts

I really doubt Microsoft will force TPM 2.0 due to an overwhelming majority of machines do not support TPM 2.0, or even TPM in general, which creates problems as Windows 10 will not be supported in about 4 years, and rendering potentially millions of well performing machines into ewaste because of some arbitrary limitation isn't going to be very well received in the community. You can still run Windows 10 on decade old hardware and it will run just fine sweat.gif

There's still plenty of machines (and some of them are about 10 years old) that are still very performant (see Sandy Bridge CPUs), and I don't see why those machines can't run Windows 11 icon_idea.gif

Forcing TPM 2.0 (or TPM in general) as an artificial limitation is going to severely limit adoption amongst home or even business machines due to low implementation of proper TPM, and Microsoft isn't going to like this as their new OS will end up having very slow adoption, like Vista icon_idea.gif

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will drop the requirement sooner or later, or at the very least make TPM or Secure Boot as an optional, but recommended requirement icon_idea.gif

The forced Secure Boot requirement is not going to be well received for those who dual boots Linux and Windows sweat.gif

On another note however, it would be just a matter of time people started making tools that removes this requirement by patching the ISO, but I think this is not something people want to do (myself included) icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by chocobo7779: Jun 25 2021, 05:49 PM
chocobo7779
post Jun 25 2021, 05:48 PM

All Stars
14,368 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Jun 25 2021, 05:13 PM)
Hahah is okay bro, have to accept the fact
I guess my laptop have TPM, just no idea where it is
As for desktop don't think support TPM as is 4th gen intel CPU laugh.gif

And Windows 11 haven't release yet, still have some time to figure it out where the TPM in bios bruce.gif
It might be interesting to see Microsoft may drop this requirement sooner or later (or at the very least become an optional requirement), because a low adoption of Windows 11 is going to be bad for the company itself, and the enterprise market is not going to like those requirements either icon_idea.gif
XeactorZ
post Jun 25 2021, 06:46 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
31,226 posts

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 25 2021, 05:41 PM)
I really doubt Microsoft will force TPM 2.0 due to an overwhelming majority of machines do not support TPM 2.0, or even TPM in general, which creates problems as Windows 10 will not be supported in about 4 years, and rendering potentially millions of well performing machines into ewaste because of some arbitrary limitation isn't going to be very well received in the community.  You can still run Windows 10 on decade old hardware and it will run just fine sweat.gif

There's still plenty of machines (and some of them are about 10 years old) that are still very performant (see Sandy Bridge CPUs), and I don't see why those machines can't run Windows 11 icon_idea.gif

Forcing TPM 2.0 (or TPM in general) as an artificial limitation is going to severely limit adoption amongst home or even business machines due to low implementation of proper TPM, and Microsoft isn't going to like this as their new OS will end up having very slow adoption, like Vista icon_idea.gif

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will drop the requirement sooner or later, or at the very least make TPM or Secure Boot as an optional, but recommended requirement icon_idea.gif

The forced Secure Boot requirement is not going to be well received for those who dual boots Linux and Windows sweat.gif

On another note however, it would be just a matter of time people started making tools that removes this requirement by patching the ISO, but I think this is not something people want to do (myself included) icon_idea.gif
On top andrew already posted it how to do so laugh.gif

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 25 2021, 05:48 PM)
It might be interesting to see Microsoft may drop this requirement sooner or later (or at the very least become an optional requirement), because a low adoption of Windows 11 is going to be bad for the company itself, and the enterprise market is not going to like those requirements either icon_idea.gif
Ya true, if they are not going to do, I foresee this windows 11 will be failure like vista and 8 whistling.gif
As a lot people say, every 2 windows OS sure got popular and not popular one icon_idea.gif
XP (popular) > vista (not popular) > 7 (popular) > 8 (not popular) > 10 (popular) > 11 (??)
chocobo7779
post Jun 25 2021, 06:51 PM

All Stars
14,368 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Jun 25 2021, 06:46 PM)
Ya true, if they are not going to do, I foresee this windows 11 will be failure like vista and 8 whistling.gif
As a lot people say, every 2 windows OS sure got popular and not popular one icon_idea.gif
XP (popular) > vista (not popular) > 7 (popular) > 8  (not popular) > 10 (popular) > 11 (??)
Come to think of it, if Microsoft actually enforced such requirements, it will lead to low adoption of the OS, and it will be just a matter of time where the tech press will start writing articles claiming Windows 11 has slow adoption rates over Windows 10 or something similar, painting Microsoft in a bad light laugh.gif

The OS hasn't been completed and there might be more changes within the system in the coming months, so there might be a possibility that Microsoft may drop this requirement icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by chocobo7779: Jun 25 2021, 06:53 PM
XeactorZ
post Jun 25 2021, 07:01 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
31,226 posts

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 25 2021, 06:51 PM)
Come to think of it, if Microsoft actually enforced such requirements, it will lead to low adoption of the OS, and it will be just a matter of time where the tech press will start writing articles claiming Windows 11 has slow adoption rates over Windows 10 or something similar, painting Microsoft in a bad light laugh.gif

The OS hasn't been completed and there might be more changes within the system in the coming months, so there might be a possibility that Microsoft may drop this requirement icon_idea.gif
Hahaha true also

Btw from The Verge link said that Intel 8th gen and AMD Ryzen 2nd gen onwards only supported
Can foresee a low adoption rate compare to Windows 10

As I expect a lot of people although their CPU support TPM, but no idea how to enable it in BIOS laugh.gif

This post has been edited by XeactorZ: Jun 25 2021, 07:03 PM
TOS
post Jun 25 2021, 08:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,882 posts

I am concerned with this: https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-will-re...indows-11-home/

I don't like too many accounts to manage. Seems like they want to monetize your data.
PJng
post Jun 25 2021, 09:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,534 posts

QUOTE(TOS @ Jun 25 2021, 08:22 PM)
I am concerned with this: https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-will-re...indows-11-home/

I don't like too many accounts to manage. Seems like they want to monetize your data.
When i setup windows 10, i try every button to skip not to sign in microsoft acc
I only sign in for windows store, for download apps

Not sure upcoming got any trick to do like windows 10 or not
My pc is not only i use, just one local acc all access
So i cannot sign in microsoft acc
croydon
post Jun 26 2021, 04:11 AM

Casual
479 posts

mine never insert any key and log in to microsoft... but somehow windows is activated today after 10days using win11

user posted image

glitch, back to normal start menu after restart
user posted image

user posted image
Andrewtst
post Jun 26 2021, 09:24 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ Jun 25 2021, 05:30 PM)
Not sure how pc price when windows 11 is launch
I think similar price as Windows 10 and not too over cost than Windows 10, else everybody just grab Windows 10 and update later.

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Jun 25 2021, 06:46 PM)
XP (popular) > vista (not popular) > 7 (popular) > 8  (not popular) > 10 (popular) > 11 (??)
Haha! Current way Microsoft implementing TPM 2.0 requirement is useless, if Microsoft ready want to make this TPM 2.0 is a must, they need to do detection after installation as well.
Andrewtst
post Jun 26 2021, 09:27 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

I am signing back Windows Insider Program as Dev Channel. Haha!

I hope Microsoft is releasing the Windows 11 to Dev Channel as promise next week. Haha!

user posted image
SUSlife5tyle
post Jun 26 2021, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

From what I know, in order to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you require to have Microsoft Account as it will retrieve product key from your Microsoft Account to verify whether it is genuine key.

More hardware support will be added into TPM 2.0 to make it support more motherboard by time it is officially release. Current TPM 2.0 is only with limited motherboard database. I install the development version without any problem on my old laptop too even thought TPM 2.0 show fail.
XeactorZ
post Jun 26 2021, 07:00 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
31,226 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jun 26 2021, 09:24 AM)
Haha! Current way Microsoft implementing TPM 2.0 requirement is useless, if Microsoft ready want to make this TPM 2.0 is a must, they need to do detection after installation as well.
True, that why I saw a lot people complain on Twitter, million of PC not able to upgrade to Windows 11 due to CPU didn't meet the requirement as no TPM support
Imagine those cooperate company, I believe lot of company still running Intel 7th gen and older CPU on their computer
Then ask them buy new one? cool2.gif
Just hope they can drop the TPM, if not I believe the adoption rate is much lower compare to Windows 10
With this move just like forcing everyone to buy new computer laugh.gif

QUOTE(life5tyle @ Jun 26 2021, 05:57 PM)
From what I know, in order to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you require to have Microsoft Account as it will retrieve product key from your Microsoft Account to verify whether it is genuine key.

More hardware support will be added into TPM 2.0 to make it support more motherboard by time it is officially release. Current TPM 2.0 is only with limited motherboard database. I install the development version without any problem on my old laptop too even thought TPM 2.0 show fail.
This move is very stupid
Especially not everyone in the family own personal computer sweat.gif
Yet, on workplace, let's say this staff resign, then what happen to that computer, sign out then consider no license? flex.gif
SUSlife5tyle
post Jun 27 2021, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Jun 26 2021, 07:00 PM)
This move is very stupid
Especially not everyone in the family own personal computer sweat.gif
Yet, on workplace, let's say this staff resign, then what happen to that computer, sign out then consider no license? flex.gif
Basically, if you don't own a PC then what is the point of worrying about installing Windows 11 and the license, right? Is very practical, if you know about how Office 365 license work. Let's say a company bought 100 license, and the IT personnel assign this 100 license out to 100 employee. Once the employee left, the PC can simply reformat and the IT personnel can just delete that particular person account from online. So that company will have 99 license in use and 1 license free to assign to any new employee.

Even AutoCAD start to apply on this method for their license.

A new era must use the new method of licensing. This is motivation move for technology and human living style to move forward to more advance future.

This post has been edited by life5tyle: Jun 27 2021, 05:16 PM
TOS
post Jun 27 2021, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,882 posts

It seems like people have found a way around the need of using an MS account.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7...s-a-workaround/

78 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:36 AM