Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City RS e: HEV, What a mouthful but who is getting it?

views

freeman1
post Mar 21 2021, 01:49 PM

On my way
525 posts

It's still a honda city no matter how well they bluff the specs
mffa
post Mar 21 2021, 01:55 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Mar 20 2021, 03:03 AM)
I think much arguments against this car has also not been doing due justice on what good stuff you get with the package
https://www.nst.com.my/cbt/2021/03/672961/h...v-priced-rm106k

perhaps we should just highlight it here
And the distinctive fuel efficiency that beats almost every body
Tbh, this immd got a lot of goodings. But majority people dont understand about it. Plus ads from Honda, is misleading which make it worse.

freeman1
post Mar 21 2021, 02:07 PM

On my way
525 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 01:55 PM)
Tbh, this immd got a lot of goodings. But majority people dont understand about it. Plus ads from Honda, is misleading which make it worse.
In other words, it's not a practical car...
mffa
post Mar 21 2021, 02:11 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(freeman1 @ Mar 21 2021, 02:07 PM)
In other words, it's not a practical car...
why do u said so?.care to explain? Practical or not, depends on people needs.
kidmad
post Mar 21 2021, 02:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,844 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 01:45 PM)
This one different hybrid system.Last time Honda use IMA, then IDCD, and now IMMD.

idcd is like improvement from ima, while immd totally different. No more combine output. 253nm purely from electric power. Car can rely on ev power not like idcd and ima system which heavily still rely on ice during running.

And definitely this one will be slower than previous IDCD, but its fuel is way way more efficient.
ah i see.. so in actual fact.. the 253nm doesn't really translate to real life performance lo.. but still 253nm purely electric power i'm no convince that it can only do 9.9s.. if that's the case.. they better not boost about their 253nm. hahaha it's going to be a laughing stock.
freeman1
post Mar 21 2021, 02:18 PM

On my way
525 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 02:11 PM)
Sorry if my words hurt u...

Lower hp but higher torque than basic city... topkek
freeman1
post Mar 21 2021, 02:18 PM

On my way
525 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 02:11 PM)
Double post

This post has been edited by freeman1: Mar 21 2021, 02:19 PM
mffa
post Mar 21 2021, 02:24 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(kidmad @ Mar 21 2021, 02:17 PM)
ah i see.. so in actual fact.. the 253nm doesn't really translate to real life performance lo.. but still 253nm purely electric power i'm no convince that it can only do 9.9s.. if that's the case.. they better not boost about their 253nm. hahaha it's going to be a laughing stock.
Yes. this 253nm is far away from proton x50 255nm. 253nm is from electric motor. So, its easily pancut once drive mad like petrol car. Engine power torque is way lower than that. lol.

Dunno why they dont further idcd technology.keep changing. maybe they felt idcd not efficient enough.

edit: marketing department the one who boost about torque, I think their engineering department shake their head.lulz.

QUOTE(freeman1 @ Mar 21 2021, 02:18 PM)
Sorry if my words hurt u...

Lower hp but higher torque than basic city... topkek
Not even hurt. btw, this rs torque application is not same like petrol. only for short burst. but its perfect for fuel economy.

This post has been edited by mffa: Mar 21 2021, 02:30 PM
kidmad
post Mar 21 2021, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,844 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 02:24 PM)
Yes. this 253nm is far away from proton x50 255nm. 253nm is from electric motor. So, its easily pancut once drive mad like petrol car. Engine power torque is way lower than that. lol.
ah right understood! for the Honda Jazz Hybrid at least it was spelled out 173nm combined

From PaulTan:
Honda has not revealed the combined power and torque outputs of the hybrid system. However, as per official data, the hybrid version returns more than 26 km/l, which is much higher than the 18.5 km/l for the non-hybrid variant. The hybrid system also makes the City RS quicker than the only petrol-powered version of the car. It takes about 9.9 seconds from standstill to reach 100 km/h. The non-hybrid version does the same in 10.2 seconds. However, the top-speed is 173 km/h, which is lower than the 196 km/h speed of the regular non-hybrid version. This can be due to the increased weight of the vehicle due to the addition of the hybrid system

Hence it's save to say the combined torque output is gonna be lower than the current gen of hybrid system. 26km/l isn't really great, the current I-DCD version i'm driving on paper is also stating 25km/l liao.. hahaha but base on my driving style i can only do 20km/l which is really impressive in my own books.

from 0-100km/h i tend to floor the pedal most of the time. tongue.gif

Kilohertz
post Mar 22 2021, 09:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,051 posts

QUOTE(kidmad @ Mar 20 2021, 12:40 AM)
don't like the civic and i like it the smaller the better. different ppl did taste dude.
i'm suggesting this to TS dude.. doh.gif
JoeK
post Mar 22 2021, 11:09 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(kidmad @ Mar 21 2021, 02:31 PM)
ah right understood! for the Honda Jazz Hybrid at least it was spelled out 173nm combined

From PaulTan:
Honda has not revealed the combined power and torque outputs of the hybrid system. However, as per official data, the hybrid version returns more than 26 km/l, which is much higher than the 18.5 km/l for the non-hybrid variant. The hybrid system also makes the City RS quicker than the only petrol-powered version of the car. It takes about 9.9 seconds from standstill to reach 100 km/h. The non-hybrid version does the same in 10.2 seconds. However, the top-speed is 173 km/h, which is lower than the 196 km/h speed of the regular non-hybrid version. This can be due to the increased weight of the vehicle due to the addition of the hybrid system

Hence it's save to say the combined torque output is gonna be lower than the current gen of hybrid system. 26km/l isn't really great, the current I-DCD version i'm driving on paper is also stating 25km/l liao.. hahaha but base on my driving style i can only do 20km/l which is really impressive in my own books.

from 0-100km/h i tend to floor the pedal most of the time. tongue.gif
I read somewhere that Honda did not reveal the combined output because the motor and engine operates separately, hence there's no combined output
JoeK
post Mar 22 2021, 11:12 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

anyway, this Honda City RS IMMD will fail because of price.

106k means 110k on the road, which is the same price as Proton X70 Executive and Proton X50 Flagship. Proton X50 flagship offers more except hybrid

not to mentioned it overlap with Honda Civic 1.8 at 112k on the road which offers more comfort and space, albeit no honda sensing

This post has been edited by JoeK: Mar 22 2021, 11:12 AM
McFD2R
post Mar 22 2021, 12:26 PM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 01:04 PM)
I dunno u had seen the video or not. But based on the comment like not.

Do ads like this, compare directly with competitors, until camry driver very frustated in the end, super misleading to the max. lol.

But this is expected from Honda. Top manager also make joke about rape,then what we can expect right. If head also stink, then tail also stink too.
I have seen the ad. Again, my argument is not on the ad. But on people's understanding of such ads and defining a Honda City "so called" performance. There are plenty of ads that are misleading or made just for entertainment purposes. They were not created to literally tell you it is EXACTLY as the ad portrayed. Our minds are better that that. Somehow, in LYN, I keep being proven wrong.

If I was in the hunt for a car in this segment, this City would be in my radar. But not because of it's ability to beat a Camry as per ad.
Mr Mercedes
post Mar 22 2021, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Mar 22 2021, 11:12 AM)

106k means 110k on the road, which is the same price as Proton X70 Executive and Proton X50 Flagship. Proton X50 flagship offers more except hybrid

not to mentioned it overlap with Honda Civic 1.8 at 112k on the road which offers more comfort and space, albeit no honda sensing
Given the price range, the X50 is the best in terms of value, X70 in terms of space, civic in terms of reliability track record.

The City is really neither here nor there.
mffa
post Mar 22 2021, 04:23 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Mar 22 2021, 12:26 PM)
I have seen the ad. Again, my argument is not on the ad. But on people's understanding of such ads and defining a Honda City "so called" performance. There are plenty of ads that are misleading or made just for entertainment purposes. They were not created to literally tell you it is EXACTLY as the ad portrayed. Our minds are better that that. Somehow, in LYN, I keep being proven wrong.

If I was in the hunt for a car in this segment, this City would be in my radar. But not because of it's ability to beat a Camry as per ad.
Ya lor.standardla. nama pun advertising. of course talk cock here talk cock there. but 1 things is I agree with him is this ads is a bit unethical. Never ever company put competitors into their ads and hentam kaw kaw. I dont think that is healthy. what is ur view on this?.

This post has been edited by mffa: Mar 22 2021, 04:31 PM
mffa
post Mar 22 2021, 04:29 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Mar 22 2021, 11:12 AM)

somehow agree..price is too expensive. gap too far from 1.5V. and honda keep changing its hybrid system. futureproof not sure can exceed 15 years or not without braking wallet. but normal petrol definitely can exceed 15 years with minimal maintenance.

BelaCHAN
post Mar 22 2021, 04:46 PM

Casual
432 posts

Mazda 2 FTW!!!
JoeK
post Mar 22 2021, 04:58 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 22 2021, 04:29 PM)
somehow agree..price is too expensive. gap too far from 1.5V. and honda keep changing its hybrid system. futureproof not sure can exceed 15 years or not without braking wallet. but normal petrol definitely can exceed 15 years with minimal maintenance.
what makes it worse is the new city looks small in real life. looks smaller than previous gen.

i do like the whole new IMMD hybrid system and Honda Sensing, but not at that price
kidmad
post Mar 22 2021, 08:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,844 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Mar 22 2021, 11:09 AM)
I read somewhere that Honda did not reveal the combined output because the motor and engine operates separately, hence there's no combined output
hurmmm but looking at its engine it seems like the previous gen churns our more torque... if it isn't combine then they reduced the kerb weight? guess need to wait for their announcement
kevin23
post Mar 22 2021, 09:15 PM

Regular
1,794 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 02:24 PM)

Dunno why they dont further idcd technology.keep changing. maybe they felt idcd not efficient enough.

edit: marketing department the one who boost about torque, I think their engineering department shake their head.lulz.
Not even hurt. btw, this rs torque application is not same like petrol. only for short burst. but its perfect for fuel economy.
Of all the Japanese B segment i test drove, I would rank City at the top followed by Vios and Almera 3rd. City just has the best package overall and the V spec is more than enough for everyone. RS version interior is very nice with the digital cluster and black roof lining , but its a bit overpriced and there is no test drive car at the moment.

I also tested X50 and i have got to say, X50 is very very disappointing to be honest. Looks good on the outside and inside, but once i drove it i know where it fails . The Dual clutch gearbox is slow AF, and somehow the engine does not feel smooth at all.And mind you, i test drove the flagship model with more HP and torque. You can immediately tell its a freaking 3 cylinder engine. Compared to the Almera 1.0 3 cylinder engine, the Almera is so much smoother in terms of power delivery.

But if i was looking for a car now, i will go for City . Its just the best all rounder. Interior feels the most premium and the engine is fantastic!

8 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2021 - 12:05 PM