Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City RS e: HEV, What a mouthful but who is getting it?

views

McFD2R
post Mar 17 2021, 10:24 AM

Regular
1,074 posts

Facepalm when people looking at City but so concerned with performance. Get with the facts that it will never be known for performance. They were designed with efficiency in mind.

If you want quick 0-60 or 0-100, look elsewhere. I have a Vios for my daily, and I couldn't be bothered what it does 0-60/100. I have my Mini Cooper S and M3 for that.

Nothing against people wanting a quick car. Everyone wants a reliable and efficient car, and if it can be fast, it's a bonus. But come on lahh
McFD2R
post Mar 18 2021, 06:45 PM

Regular
1,074 posts

QUOTE(DM52 @ Mar 18 2021, 02:56 PM)
Mostly been brainwaish by Honda ads. Lol. Someone from marketing department should be fire for coming out with that idea.
If Malaysians are easily suckered by ads, it ain't no fault of the advert laugh.gif In fact, Marketing Dept considers it a success.
McFD2R
post Mar 19 2021, 12:22 PM

Regular
1,074 posts

QUOTE(DM52 @ Mar 18 2021, 08:33 PM)
Then its like very unethical lor. Create misleading ads. Facts should be correct lor. But u knowla, during this hard time, desperate time owh. Thats why maybe come out with that idea.
Which facts are people looking for? That City overtook Camry, when the Camry wasn't even accelerating and people consider it a fact?

That's like creating an ad that our Malaysian God Car Myvi overtook a Ferrari when the prancing horse was just cruising, then people expect it to be faster that the Ferrari.

Performance? Extra torque is always nice, helps with the overtaking, helps with hill climb and so forth. But people should stop equating it as being performance oriented. It is a Honda City, and should be treated as it should be, efficient and economical.
McFD2R
post Mar 19 2021, 03:48 PM

Regular
1,074 posts

QUOTE(DM52 @ Mar 19 2021, 02:17 PM)
See based on pic, how Honda try to instill City is superior over Camry..This follow by Ads video.I think I stop here. The moment u take in Ferrari and Myvi as a comparison, show u dont understand what we talk about.
If people are too dumb to know the difference, it's their own fault. Adverts are not to be taken literally. Ads that shows you using a certain brand perfume can attract girls, then you use but yielded no similar effect, you going to blame the ad also? whistling.gif
McFD2R
post Mar 22 2021, 12:26 PM

Regular
1,074 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 21 2021, 01:04 PM)
I dunno u had seen the video or not. But based on the comment like not.

Do ads like this, compare directly with competitors, until camry driver very frustated in the end, super misleading to the max. lol.

But this is expected from Honda. Top manager also make joke about rape,then what we can expect right. If head also stink, then tail also stink too.
I have seen the ad. Again, my argument is not on the ad. But on people's understanding of such ads and defining a Honda City "so called" performance. There are plenty of ads that are misleading or made just for entertainment purposes. They were not created to literally tell you it is EXACTLY as the ad portrayed. Our minds are better that that. Somehow, in LYN, I keep being proven wrong.

If I was in the hunt for a car in this segment, this City would be in my radar. But not because of it's ability to beat a Camry as per ad.
McFD2R
post Mar 23 2021, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,074 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ Mar 22 2021, 04:23 PM)
Ya lor.standardla. nama pun advertising. of course talk cock here talk cock there. but 1 things is I agree with him is this ads is a bit unethical. Never ever company put competitors into their ads and hentam kaw kaw. I dont think that is healthy. what is ur view on this?.
In agreement to an extent. I have seen billboard ads in other countries where it is acceptable for BMW ad to ridicule AUDI for example, and vice versa. As do other makers too. It's all in the fun and as long as we don't take it word for word, literally, I don't see the harm in it.

user posted image
McFD2R
post Mar 23 2021, 04:56 PM

Regular
1,074 posts

OMG to all the comments here. This Honda City is a great car for it's segment. Period. I won't insult it because of the so called misleading ad. Nor will I look down on Camry because of the same ad.

Buy it because you like it, because it can be an efficient car, because of it's value. Don't buy it because you LITERALLY mistook the ad as a Camry beater. And whilst its output may be nice to have for it's segment, by no means should one be looking at it within the performance context.

My only concern is the pricing, that's it. Signing myself out of this thead. Peace ya'all .. icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.72    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 PM