Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

misspinky
post Nov 13 2019, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(afiqms @ Nov 13 2019, 04:30 PM)
Just got my home Unifi'd with 300 Mbps in Sura Hujung, Dungun, Terengganu. TM now is very aggressive in deploying Unifi around Dungun town area. BTU is from Huawei. But I got the old TP Link router, anyway to request to change to the latest DLink MU-MIMO router?

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
bare in mind i have experience with that brand plug, I have 5 of its 4 totally lost with no functions of all sockets and got spike and last 1, 3 sockets no function with broken power button. Just avoid to use that brand plug, these one usually can be found through mr diy. Because that extension plug cannot take heating and high voltage. Better use lwd brand if you want affordable with better protection. Just make sure choose surge socket. If got extra budget pick masterplug or any other brand with surge protection.

For installation router, please avoid put near the corner of wall or end of your wall just like you put like that because lightning usually really like go through end line of wall. I have experience on my parents house a few time last time, i can see the lightning goes there during heavy raining with thunder.
Alert_RaZO
post Nov 13 2019, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

Usually the box up already on the pole, take how long to activate the unifi?
TSSilentVampire
post Nov 13 2019, 04:56 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,366 posts

QUOTE(afiqms @ Nov 13 2019, 03:30 PM)
Just got my home Unifi'd with 300 Mbps in Sura Hujung, Dungun, Terengganu. TM now is very aggressive in deploying Unifi around Dungun town area. BTU is from Huawei. But I got the old TP Link router, anyway to request to change to the latest DLink MU-MIMO router?

Get your own router. If you want to save cost, get the TP-Link C2300. For the best, get the Asus RT-AC86U.

QUOTE(afiqms @ Nov 13 2019, 04:02 PM)
It is my request. What do you mean by properly? I hang it on high place to optimize coverage.
You are going to have a hard time in replacing the router in the future, and connecting anything else to it. It does optimize coverage, but getting a better router improves coverage as well, and you don't have to mount it like that, so it is much better if you get your own router.
xCryptik
post Nov 13 2019, 06:26 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(misspinky @ Nov 13 2019, 05:37 PM)
bare in mind i have experience with that brand plug, I have 5 of its 4 totally lost with no functions of all sockets and got spike and last 1, 3 sockets no function with broken power button. Just avoid to use that brand plug, these one usually can be found through mr diy. Because that extension plug cannot take heating and high voltage. Better use lwd brand if you want affordable with better protection. Just make sure choose surge socket. If got extra budget pick masterplug or any other brand with surge protection.

For installation router, please avoid put near the corner of wall or end of your wall just like you put like that because lightning usually really like go through end line of wall. I have experience on my parents house a few time last time, i can see the lightning goes there during heavy raining with thunder.
I know what you faced by that extension. Hahaha. That power button plastic stuff that support the spring inside broke easily.
misspinky
post Nov 13 2019, 07:41 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(xCryptik @ Nov 13 2019, 07:26 PM)
I know what you faced by that extension. Hahaha. That power button plastic stuff that support the spring inside broke easily.
yeah, easily broke and kaput. By the way that extension not use by me but my sister used that extension, i've already told her that extension really not good enough and easily damage. All five extensions use for charge smartphone, television, astro decoder, desk fan and vacuum. Vacuum & desk fan kaput because of using that extension, kaput after using on 5th same brand of extension. I don't use that extension but i've used lwd and other brand surge extension. Better find good for long term than bad one. I suggest him better changed before too late.
misspinky
post Nov 13 2019, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ Nov 13 2019, 04:49 PM)
Try to hide all the plugs & wirings.
This is how I hang my router. All wirings & plug point is hidden inside the wooden box.
However, my BTU is located somewhere else.
rclxms.gif this one clean and simple. Mine hanging at wall too just like you but i have set wireless aerial, 1 for straight, 1 point to a bit center, 2 for left & right not point to 90degree for better coverage. afiqms better you extend a bit or change the location for that router a bit far from that end point line of wall. Just follow like zeese, put the location far from end point of wall as you can see in picture that small wardrobe. That point i've said just now.
wanttobuylaptop
post Nov 13 2019, 10:55 PM

1,464 posts

]
Iinm, that dlink from tm doesnt support mu-mimo even its spec so. However, non tm issue one does support.
pakji
post Yesterday, 12:05 AM

Regular
1,111 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
daam i don't like hang up btu and router
my btu and router place with Computer table only so my pc desktop use Lan Cable for 1metter or 2metter come original lan cable from router
safety for computer table
misspinky
post Yesterday, 08:56 AM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Nov 14 2019, 01:05 AM)
my btu and router place with Computer table only so my pc desktop use Lan Cable for 1metter or 2metter come original lan cable from router
Just way too high for placing btu and router, will be hard if want to replace it soon or relocate the location for both of its. If want placing something very high like this, that will be wireless ceiling access point. He need to state the budget if want better router but avoid that dlink.
JuneResources
post Yesterday, 09:44 AM

ONE Stop Resources
3,353 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Nov 14 2019, 12:05 AM)
Waa. That's quite ugly wiring like this. shocking.gif
But is it their double tap are last longer or not? unsure.gif

Quite afraid stick like this. Scare one day the BTU or router or socket fail down and hanging half way like that.

They install my one like socket (fiber socket)? (I don't know how to call that..), stick on the wall.
One day the adhesive not so sticky already, jatuh and hanging together with fiber cable.
Luckily I don't place my equipment stick on the wall.
cba5566
post Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

QUOTE(xCryptik @ Nov 13 2019, 06:26 PM)
The entension socket sell at supermarket actually not so reliable.The on/off switch malfunction easily.
Pls use high quality Clipsal socket.The bottom socket square box sell separately.
Need diy to fix it .Use wood or plastic panel to fix the clipsal sockets.
Don't throw away the spoilt extension socket.It can use to fix 4 clipsal sockets...it
may not look beauty but roughly can use it. wink.gif

taqu
post Yesterday, 11:49 AM

On my way
588 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
At least it's ideally placed at ground floor's centre.

Ubiquiti's Unifi APs immediately comes to mind.

user posted image
pakji
post Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Regular
1,111 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Nov 14 2019, 09:44 AM)
Waa. That's quite ugly wiring like this. shocking.gif
But is it their double tap are last longer or not?  unsure.gif

Quite afraid stick like this. Scare one day the BTU or router or socket fail down and hanging half way like that.

They install my one like socket (fiber socket)? (I don't know how to call that..), stick on the wall.
One day the adhesive not so sticky already, jatuh and hanging together with fiber cable.
Luckily I don't place my equipment stick on the wall.
ya i agree you
supposed equipment jatuh then broke fiber cable get LOS Red Light no internet
great place you equipment for table right
my equipment place computer table hehehe i don't have any problem its already safety me
JuneResources
post Yesterday, 02:02 PM

ONE Stop Resources
3,353 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Nov 14 2019, 01:21 PM)
ya i agree you
supposed equipment jatuh then broke fiber cable get LOS Red Light no internet
great place you equipment for table right
my equipment place computer table hehehe i don't have any problem its already safety me
Some people they don't like to "show off" the equipment that "your area using unifi fiber".. (Like one of my friend)

He say why I want to put so visible of the equipment? I don't help Unifi do marketing advertising to them.. (This is what he say.. sweat.gif )

OR another scenario some people don't like those cable wiring here and there, causing very mess. Plus it is hard to clean the table (if you put the equipment on the table..)

Max
post Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,201 posts

mine hang under the stairs.. laugh.gif
this was before change to Dlink router/wifi.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by Max: Yesterday, 03:05 PM
PowerGadget
post Yesterday, 06:09 PM

Casual
362 posts

Guys should I worry if my current package is RM139 300Mbps and when I applied for pay nothing campaign, they told me it would increased to RM209 soon in January.

How could I cancel or downgrade it right now?
xCryptik
post Yesterday, 06:16 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 14 2019, 07:09 PM)
Guys should I worry if my current package is RM139 300Mbps  and when I applied for pay nothing campaign, they told me it would increased to RM209 soon in January.

How could I cancel or downgrade it right now?
Who told you that? Have you applied and successful for that campaign?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0425sec    0.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 05:32 AM