99 Pages « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Digital TV Malaysia v2, Malaysian Digital Terrestrial TV

views

Wobblyblob
post Sep 26 2020, 10:52 PM

On my way
627 posts

MYTV Myfreeview is free, you guys expect audiophile quality sound like as though you are paying for premium pay TV.

On my home theatre, I don't get that "toilet underwater sound" quality. On my home theatre MYTV Myfreeview's sound is clear and packs a punch in bass and the mids are all clear so as well as the dialog coming from the home theatre's speakers and sub woofers and not only that, even the sound coming from the TV speakers sound good. Wether it's the TV speakers or home theatre speakers and subs for MYTV Myfreeview, all have way much better quality than Assteruks (Astro) flat sound quality.

This post has been edited by Wobblyblob: Sep 26 2020, 10:57 PM
joshhd
post Sep 26 2020, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,579 posts

QUOTE(Wobblyblob @ Sep 26 2020, 10:52 PM)
MYTV Myfreeview is free, you guys expect audiophile quality sound like as though you are paying for premium pay TV.

On my home theatre, I don't get that "toilet underwater sound" quality. On my home theatre MYTV Myfreeview's  sound is clear and packs a punch in bass  and the mids are all clear so as well as the dialog coming from the home theatre's speakers and sub woofers and not only that, even the sound coming from the TV speakers sound good. Wether it's the TV speakers or home theatre speakers and subs for MYTV Myfreeview, all have way much better quality than Assteruks (Astro) flat sound quality.

As long you happy then good la
surrodox2001
post Sep 27 2020, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

IMO sound quality should be atleast legible and of good quality, and not the 3gp-like sound quality of MPrima radio.
joshhd
post Sep 29 2020, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,579 posts

Indonesian DTT channel update:
shaun_kokI got the info that Batam, Indonesia has activated Emtek mux on UHF 42 (642MHz), which consists 2 SD channels: SCTV and Indosiar.
For those who residing in Johor Bahru areas, can try manual search 642MHz (Channel 42) to try receive new Indonesian digital TV channels (if you interested la).

Currently, Batam transmits a total of 3 frequency muxes for digital TV, which are:
- Channel 42 (642MHz): SCTV, Indosiar...
- Channel 46 (674MHz): Trans TV, Trans 7, CNN Indonesia, CNBC Indonesia, Metro TV
- Channel 48 (690Mhz): TVRI, Nusantara TV and a few others.

Their digital TV signal's transmit power are generally weaker than Malaysia's MYTV and Singapore's Mediacorp, so you might not able to receive it at all. But no harm trying though...
surrodox2001
post Sep 29 2020, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

If you can receive both Malaysia and Indonesia digital muxes, wouldn't the Indonesian digital muxes will cause adjacent channel interference?

Also, what's the ERP/power figure for Malaysia/Singapore/Indonesia digital muxes?
joshhd
post Sep 29 2020, 04:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,579 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ Sep 29 2020, 02:34 PM)
If you can receive both Malaysia and Indonesia digital muxes, wouldn't the Indonesian digital muxes will cause adjacent channel interference?

Also, what's the ERP/power figure for Malaysia/Singapore/Indonesia digital muxes?

I don't have the information on the EIRP power values of the transmitters.
I know someone online, he stays in Batam, and he is able to receive all 3 country's TV signals, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia. So I would get updated on any new changes and happenings on the TV reception there.
UHF TV frequency plan are the same for Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, so adjacent channel interference isn't the case here.

The only ones that has interferences today, is between both Malaysia's digital TV MYTV muxes with Indonesia's analogue TV stations, which is SCTV and RCTI.
Look at the ones highlighted as red, where co-channel interference still happening today.
user posted image
What I know, the situation for certain viewers in Johor Bahru is:
- Singapore DTT channels can be received much easier, and signals are much more robust compared to Malaysia DTT channels
- Cannot receive Malaysia DTT channels at all, but can only receive Singapore DTT channels
- Have to either align antenna properly or use better outdoor antenna to watch Malaysia DTT channels
- In some cases, use 2 outdoor antennas that aims different direction (one is towards Gunung Pulai, Malaysia, another is towards Bukit Batok, Singapore) to receive DTT channels from both countries.
- Indonesian DTT channels are generally not receivable, unless if use better antenna or with booster when needed. But not many Malaysians are in favour of Indonesian TV channels anyway.

What I know, the situation for many viewers in and around Batam area is:
- Analogue TV static noise are severely present for both SCTV and RCTI channels; and it simply just won't go away regardless of day or night (because interfered by Malaysia's MYTV). It is known that RCTI has the worst reception quality, while SCTV is somehow still watchable.
- Able to receive all Malaysia and Singapore DTT channels at a very strong signal strength by using outdoor antenna (no booster whatsoever), and Singapore Mediacorp one is the highest among all.
- Many Batam viewers would choose to watch Malaysian and Singapore TV channels because they find that their own local channels are boring or aren't that interesting, or they simply just want to have more choice of TV channels to watch.
- For those Batam viewers who is unable to get a clear TV reception for SCTV and RCTI channels, the alternatives are, watch the channels via local cable TV (DVB-C) or satellite TV (either C band or Ku band), or watch SCTV channel over digital TV (DVB-T2). RCTI channel isn't available in digital TV platform for Batam region yet.
Batam viewers are very lucky, as they can receive TV channels from 3 countries pretty easily.

The remaining Indonesian analogue TV stations that is still on-air around Batam region:
RF Channel No.Analogue TV FrequencyChannel Name
UHF 39 615.25MHz NET
UHF 41 631.25MHz MNC TV
UHF 43 647.25MHz RCTI
UHF 45 663.25MHz Trans TV
UHF 47 679.25MHz SCTV
UHF 49 695.25MHz Indosiar
UHF 51 711.25MHz Batam TV
UHF 55 743.25MHz RTV
UHF 61 791.25MHz iNews
*Other Indonesian TV channels that is not listed above, means it is already off-air.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Sep 29 2020, 04:41 PM
shaun_kok
post Sep 30 2020, 12:03 AM

Enthusiast
702 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Sep 29 2020, 04:10 PM)
- 2 outdoor antennas that aims different direction (one is towards Gunung Pulai, Malaysia, another is towards Bukit Batok, Singapore) are used to receive DTT channels from both countries.

Corrected for you. Gunung Pulai and Bukit Batok are on 2 completely opposite position for most viewers in Johor Bahru, hence 2 antennas are required.

From a video I had seen on YouTube, Batam Analogue cable systems also carries Ch 5, Ch 8, Ch U, CNA, Suria and TV3 (all off digital terrestrial, converted to analogue for distribution). Digital cable may carry more Malaysian channels.

The signal strength is so poor (Indonesian DTT) that it isn't possible for many to receive it easily. If the signal is strong enough from Batam there will be report from many viewers in Johor and Singapore receiving the signals. No analogue TV switch off plans currently exist in Indonesia, so the interference issue will continue until analogue switch off.

Originally, Indonesia is quite ahead on DTT plans (tentatively scheduled to start on 2012 for Batam, way ahead than Malaysia and some Singapore channels, Malaysia then had no clear plans on digital transition and hence no digital transmission in JB), but now we had seen Malaysia already completed digital switchover in JB on 30 September last year. Nothing had been done in Indonesia (except some DTT simulcasts).

The DTT lineup back in 2012 in Johor Bahru only consists of Channel 5 (MPEG2), Channel 8 (MPEG2), CNA (MPEG2) and HD5 (H.264 HD, simulcast of Channel 5). More than 20 analogue channels with variable reception quality is available. Obviously now with a standard antenna those located in JB gets at least 36 channels (TV and radio) digitally, which is good for viewers who watches TV occasionally without subscription fee.

This post has been edited by shaun_kok: Sep 30 2020, 01:51 AM
joshhd
post Sep 30 2020, 01:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,579 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Sep 30 2020, 12:03 AM)
Corrected for you. Gunung Pulai and Bukit Batok are on 2 completely opposite position for most viewers in Johor Bahru, hence 2 antennas are required.

From a video I had seen on YouTube, Batam Analogue cable systems also carries Ch 5, Ch 8, Ch U, CNA, Suria and TV3 (all off digital terrestrial, converted to analogue for distribution). Digital cable may carry more Malaysian channels.

The signal strength is so poor (Indonesian DTT) that it isn't possible for many to receive it easily. If the signal is strong enough there will be report from many many receiving the signals. No analogue TV switch off plans currently exist in Indonesia, so the interference issue will continue until analogue switch off.

Originally, Indonesia is quite ahead on DTT plans (tentatively scheduled to start on 2012 for Batam, way ahead than Malaysia and some Singapore channels, Malaysia then had no clear plans on digital transition and hence no digital transmission in JB), but now we had seen Malaysia already completed digital switchover in JB on 30 September last year. Nothing had been done in Indonesia (except some DTT simulcasts).

The DTT lineup back in 2012 in Johor Bahru only consists of Channel 5 (MPEG2), Channel 8 (MPEG2), CNA (MPEG2) and HD5 (H.264 HD, simulcast of Channel 5). More than 20 analogue channels with variable reception quality is available. Obviously now with a standard antenna those located in JB gets at least 36 channels (TV and radio) digitally, which is good for viewers who watches TV occasionally without subscription fee.

Similar to Malaysia's MYTV which is designed for outdoor rooftop antenna reception, Indonesian DTT does the same as well. Plus, it is known that the transmit power for Indonesian TV transmitters isn't as high as Malaysia and Singapore.
Many locals there uses outdoor antenna not only receives their own local TV channels, but also to receive Malaysia and Singapore DTT channels.
Indoor antenna is somewhat difficult to receive any TV channels there. So you can assume that Batam people usually don't use indoor antenna.

What do you mean "If the signal is strong enough there will be report from many many receiving the signals"?
Report to whom, saying that the signals is strong? I mean, what happens if many of them "report" about it?
Nothing had been done in Indonesia (except some DTT simulcasts).
Well, according to my friend I met online, there is some Indonesian analogue TV stations (for Batam region only) has apparently been 'quietly' switched off without public notice since last year, which are tvOne, Metro TV, ANTV, GTV (formerly known as Global TV) and Trans 7.
Still, these analogue TV stations mentioned were never interfere any of the TV broadcasts before, be in analogue or digital, across all 3 countries.
So it is safe to assume that the shutdown of those stations are not related to interference whatsoever. Maybe it's related to some operating costs? Well, it will be shutdown sooner or later anyway whistling.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Sep 30 2020, 01:49 AM
shaun_kok
post Sep 30 2020, 03:04 PM

Enthusiast
702 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Sep 30 2020, 01:19 AM)
Similar to Malaysia's MYTV which is designed for outdoor rooftop antenna reception, Indonesian DTT does the same as well. Plus, it is known that the transmit power for Indonesian TV transmitters isn't as high as Malaysia and Singapore.
Many locals there uses outdoor antenna not only receives their own local TV channels, but also to receive Malaysia and Singapore DTT channels.
Indoor antenna is somewhat difficult to receive any TV channels there. So you can assume that Batam people usually don't use indoor antenna.

What do you mean "If the signal is strong enough there will be report from many many receiving the signals"?
Report to whom, saying that the signals is strong? I mean, what happens if many of them "report" about it?
Well, according to my friend I met online, there is some Indonesian analogue TV stations (for Batam region only) has apparently been 'quietly' switched off without public notice since last year, which are tvOne, Metro TV, ANTV, GTV (formerly known as Global TV) and Trans 7.
Still, these analogue TV stations mentioned were never interfere any of the TV broadcasts before, be in analogue or digital, across all 3 countries.
So it is safe to assume that the shutdown of those stations are not related to interference whatsoever. Maybe it's related to some operating costs? Well, it will be shutdown sooner or later anyway  whistling.gif
If the signal strength of Indonesian stations is strong enough, there will be reports from viewers in Johor reporting reception. The signal is too weak even for outdoor reception in Batam proper.

The switch off, I think is more to cost issues. Metro TV, Trans7 has digital broadcasts there.
surrodox2001
post Sep 30 2020, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Sep 30 2020, 03:04 PM)
If the signal strength of Indonesian stations is strong enough, there will be reports from viewers in Johor reporting reception. The signal is too weak even for outdoor reception in Batam proper.

The switch off, I think is more to cost issues. Metro TV, Trans7 has digital broadcasts there.
If these Indon station broadcast as such low power, then what's the target audience?
joshhd
post Oct 3 2020, 03:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,579 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ Sep 30 2020, 04:37 PM)
If these Indon station broadcast as such low power, then what's the target audience?

Lol... Just their own audiences lor 🤣
Well, generally, TV signals aren't meant to be broadcasted towards outside of your country's boundary. But if you can receive overspill TV signals from neighbouring country, then consider yourself very lucky. biggrin.gif

Higher transmit power also means the coverage area can cover wider area. But also, higher transmit power means higher electricity bill to pay.
But we can assume that probably because Batam area isn't as large as Singapore and Johor Bahru, and it's not that many JB and Singapore viewers would watch their channels regularly also (unless you're an Indo TV fan)...
So as long the transmit power is just adequate enough to cover its own audience in Batam, is good enough already? hmm.gif
Well, signal robustness isn't their first priority anyway, and same like Malaysia, their TV signal coverage are primarily planned for outdoor antenna reception, not really towards indoor antenna.
For Singapore, yes, their digital TV coverage reception is also designed for indoors (lots of high rise buildings there), that's why their TV signal reception is so damn robust and stronk.
Plus, Batam is not considered urban rapid developing city anyway... So, need to consider about its ROI when you transmit at higher power vs number of viewership?

So maybe those are the reasons they transmits at a lower power, and because of that, the locals there are able to receive both Malaysia and Singapore TV channels pretty easily with outdoor UHF antenna.

All these are just my hypothesis la...

This post has been edited by joshhd: Oct 3 2020, 03:29 PM
joshhd
post Oct 3 2020, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,579 posts

Apparently, Sarawak will publicly launch its own state TV channel, and made available to watch on Astro platform, channel 122.
https://www.theborneopost.com/2020/10/02/bu...thday-on-oct-9/
https://www.astroawani.com/berita-malaysia/...ber-2020-261903
“The video presentations include a tribute to Tun and birthday greetings and wishes from the people,” said Dr Sim, pointing out the birthday celebration will be broadcast live by TV Sarawak on Astro channel 122 on Oct 10.

Oct 10 will mark the first day of operations for TV Sarawak (TVS), while the official launching of the TV station is expected to be held on the next day (Oct 11).
Content are likely expected to be dedicatedly cater for local Sarawak audiences, so not everyone (especially Malaysians in Peninsular Malaysia) would enjoy watching the content in the channel.

So, only Astro? How about MYTV digital TV platform? I wonder is it because it has been forgotten, or they don't want to offer it on digital TV platform on purpose? 🤣
Qash-M
post Oct 3 2020, 03:41 PM

#FreePalestine
5,626 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Oct 3 2020, 03:33 PM)
Apparently, Sarawak will publicly launch its own state TV channel, and made available to watch on Astro platform, channel 122.
https://www.theborneopost.com/2020/10/02/bu...thday-on-oct-9/
https://www.astroawani.com/berita-malaysia/...ber-2020-261903
Content are likely expected to be dedicatedly cater for local Sarawak audiences, so not everyone (especially Malaysians in Peninsular Malaysia) would enjoy watching the content in the channel.

So, only Astro? How about MYTV digital TV platform? I wonder is it because it has been forgotten, or they don't want to offer it on digital TV platform on purpose? 🤣
https://www.soyacincau.com/2020/07/22/tv-sa...adcast-licence/ bit info
Wobblyblob
post Oct 4 2020, 08:39 AM

On my way
627 posts

What for offer Sarawak state TV on Astro? This kind of things must be and should be offerd on MYTV Myfreeview platform. If private channels can be offered and already being offered on MYTV Myfreeview platform, all the more reason why Government TV must be offered on MYTV Myfreeview platform. Furthermore, many Sarawakians and are not that rich, they watch free TV, sometimes through aerial.

If not, offer on both MYTV Myfreeview and Astro.
YoungMan
post Oct 4 2020, 10:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,856 posts

QUOTE(Wobblyblob @ Oct 4 2020, 09:39 AM)
What for offer Sarawak state TV on Astro? This kind of things must be and should be offerd on MYTV Myfreeview platform. If private channels can be offered and already being offered on MYTV Myfreeview platform, all the more reason why Government TV must be offered on MYTV Myfreeview platform. Furthermore, many Sarawakians and are not that rich, they watch free TV, sometimes through aerial.

If not, offer on both MYTV Myfreeview and Astro.
Gov on cloud and out of touch. They thought every Sarawakean have Astro in their homes.
Qash-M
post Oct 7 2020, 03:55 PM

#FreePalestine
5,626 posts

Attached Image Attached Image

Audio kuality of #722 to #724 is fixed, though the Youtube version is much more visual.
Qash-M
post Oct 7 2020, 07:06 PM

#FreePalestine
5,626 posts

Attached Image
https://www.utusan.com.my/berita/2020/09/st...ains-teknologi/

Something new on 7pm slot, instead of drama.

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Oct 7 2020, 07:09 PM
surrodox2001
post Oct 7 2020, 07:21 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

So whats that for? The article only says that the program attracts students to choose stem stream in their educations and it doesnt says what they do. Perhaps the program just saying "stem is good and you should go for it" only?

joshhd
post Oct 7 2020, 09:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,579 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ Oct 7 2020, 07:21 PM)
So whats that for? The article only says that the program attracts students to choose stem stream in their educations and it doesnt says what they do. Perhaps the program just saying "stem is good and you should go for it" only?

Create public awareness that STEM is also interesting, hence telling especially those traditional parents not to always focus on science stuff only.
I think la. smile.gif
doubleM2
post Oct 7 2020, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Oct 7 2020, 09:04 PM)
Create public awareness that STEM is also interesting, hence telling especially those traditional parents not to always focus on science stuff only.
I think la.  smile.gif
Astro Ceria had done its very own bite-sized program called STEMsasi. But overall it's a good initiative though by ntv7 x MOE.

This post has been edited by doubleM2: Oct 7 2020, 10:10 PM

99 Pages « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st January 2022 - 12:52 PM