https://shopee.com.my/SIRIM-MCMC-Certified-...3781.2251258034

Botato:
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/sirim-mc...7b87OCM9zL&mp=1

https://shopee.com.my/SIRIM-MCMC-Certified-...3663.2066895683

YoungMan
post Nov 9 2019, 07:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(totally_skint @ Nov 9 2019, 06:11 PM)
How can I watch all the usual free-to-air channels on an Android box?
ie. RTM1 & 2, TV3, 8TV...
You can install the Tonton app and the RTM app. Otherwise can also use browser to watch on RTM website or tonton.com.my
YoungMan
post Nov 10 2019, 10:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(totally_skint @ Nov 10 2019, 04:08 AM)
No single app?
Troublesome to switch apps just to change channel from RTM to Media Prima stuff
If you are on UniFi, can also use their PlayTV app.
YoungMan
post Nov 30 2019, 11:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 30 2019, 10:44 PM)
are you guys using a decoder box or a tv with dvb-t2 tuner build in?
i wonder if its easier to just get a tv with ready buildin tuner?
my old aunt is using a decoder box at the moment and sometimes with 2 remotes, she will accidentally press wrong button or something. will buying a ready dvb-t2 ready TV solve this problem. Less things to go wrong?
If you do not intend to get a new TV, just keep that TV remote away. Adjust the TV volume a bit higher, then in future just use the decoder remote to adjust volume. Turn on and off can just press button in front of TV, or just power off the socket.
YoungMan
post Feb 18 2020, 01:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

How do you guys properly determine the direction to point the antenna? I can't seem to get good signal in Kuching especially for Media Prima channel. Signal seems to be about 50% but sometimes fluctuate. Using MYTV decoder and outdoor 12E antenna which recently bought.
YoungMan
post Feb 19 2020, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(AV_2018 @ Feb 18 2020, 04:00 PM)
Kuching.... I just point to Gunung Serapi which is West direction here then swivel the antenna left/right while monitoring the signal. The antenna is then fixed when the max signal posible is obtained.
I might try that tonight. Thought previously someone said need to use certain app to key in your house address and then find the pointer to gunung serapi.

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Feb 19 2020, 09:39 AM)
There's already 2 CJ wow shop channel already, if not mistaken its ch 104 and ch 106

Not all TV has support for HBB TV but there's some out there, I do know that LG smart TV has support for it (at least for this model ), MYTV advance decoder has support for HBB TV
user posted image
How to differentiate between the advance decoder and the normal one? Mine have WiFi in settings, but never connect it to my home WiFi. Is that consider MYTV advance?
YoungMan
post Feb 28 2020, 09:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

Any good antenna to recommend and where to buy them in Kuching? I always experience signal lost during rainy days despite antenna already at the right position.
YoungMan
post Feb 28 2020, 01:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(AV_2018 @ Feb 28 2020, 11:53 AM)
I bought one outdoor yagi... Did posted in this thread when someone asked previously or was it in previous version thread. Got from shop at Palm Road aka Jln Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce.

EDIT: I dug out the post for you: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=93437445
There are some other shops in that row of shops that sell other types of yagi.
Thank you. Will go have a look.

YoungMan
post Mar 5 2020, 01:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 5 2020, 01:43 AM)
Only a few tens of thousands of users are using S2/T2 box.
But there are millions of users using T2-only box, and for MYTV, Botato and Greenpacket brands, it is DVB-T2 only and up to H.264 only.

Just imagine how disaster would it be if MYTV change all channels to HEVC video codec, like right now, or even within this year.
Things are not as simple as changing some settings with just a few mouse clicks.
Yes and not forgetting government spending to distribute decoders for the low income group. All that will go down the drain if MYTV now change to HEVC.
YoungMan
post Mar 5 2020, 07:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Mar 5 2020, 03:31 PM)
Yup, this is an issue too. Although it has a card slot, it is very likely that this box will be excluded from receiving Pay TV system anyway in the future, as the newer MYTV Basic T2 boxes and T2/S2 combo boxes which has HEVC, uses cardless system.
Good info. Is this basic box available for sale? No point getting the advance box which cost more but function the same.
YoungMan
post Apr 12 2020, 03:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Apr 12 2020, 12:28 PM)
I still think they should open 3rd mux just for channels like WowShop & GoShop to flex.
Wow Shop can close down lah, wasting unnecessary bandwidth only. Afterall the other channel are also showing WowShop most time.
YoungMan
post Apr 14 2020, 11:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(Wobblyblob @ Apr 14 2020, 12:27 AM)
Since almost all of us are staying at home during this MCO or lockdown period, the Education ministry should open a few learning and educational channels on MYTV Myfreeview platform so sudents can perform distance learning from homes. Maybe they should like bring TV Pendidikan back which should be like Astro Tutor TV and Astro TVIQ, and if not better than those Astro channels. Students are all missing classes and school and this is very important. Education must be there to provide the basic foundation to be used as basic living skills and knowledge to survive and face the world.

Another thing I would like to recommend is a music channel similar to MTV, VH1, Channel V showing English, Chinese, Indian and Malay as well as maybe some Asian and European artiste/bands. A lot of USA/Canadian/Latin American, European, Australian, New Zealand pop, Rock/Metal/Indie, Techno/Electronica/Electronic/Industrial, Ballards, K-Pop, J-Pop, Canto Pop, Mando Pop, Hindi Pop, Tamil Pop, Thai Pop etc can be played and aired.

Everybody from Kylie Minogue to Justin Beaver to Jenifer Lopez to Dua Lipa to Katy Perry to Jason Mraz to Beyonce to Pitbull to One Direction to The Jonas Brothers to Nicki Minaj to Britney Spears to Ricky Martin to Madonna to Spice Girls etc for International pop artiste.

Everybody from Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Die Krupps, Suicide Commando, Santa Hates You, Falco, Enigma, Laibach, BomfunkMCs, The Crystal Methods, JeanMicheal Jarre, Procyon, Vangelis, Wumpscut, Alec Empire, Front Line Assembly, Haujobb, Atari Teenage Riot, Datura, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM/MDFMK, Dawn Of Ashes, Die Sektor, Armin Van Burren, DJ Tiesto, Paul Van Dyke, Lionrock, Digitalis, Faithless, Wag Dug Futuristic Unity, Blood Stain Child, Mechanical Moth, Fear Factory, Linkern Park/Linken Park Remix, Skrillex, Pendulum, The Art Of Noise, Renegade Soundwave, Photek,  etc for International Techno/Electronica/Electronic/Industrial artiste/bands.

Everybody from Girl's Generation, Twice, BTS and the usual K-Pop girl and guy groups etc. and all the  otherartistes/bands/genres that are too long to list in this thread.

And other artistes and bands new and old from other types/genre of music

And maybe orchestra and opera like Pavarotti can even be played.

Maybe RTM can have this suggested new standalone music channel on MYTV Myfreeview since I heard that RTM wanted to increase its total number of TV channels on digital platform up to 15 and it will be good since nowadays we are all staying at home or working from home.
Well if only Malaysia TV can have such shows... It's still a dream for now.
YoungMan
post Apr 18 2020, 11:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 17 2020, 11:15 PM)
Johor Bahru area and Bukit Bauk in Terrenganu will undergo frequency restacking exercise

user posted image

When, you ask? It's Tomorrow (18 Apr) and day after tomorrow (19 Apr)!  shocking.gif

At this kind of time, frequency restack? So freaking last minute??? They last minute get approval due to the third phase of MCO is it?  dry.gif
I wonder how come MYTV Broadcasting's didn't announce this on Facebook page at all. Not even on their website. Yet, another round of last minute chaos is coming soon.

Current Frequencies:
Mux 1: CH47 682MHz
Mux 2: CH49 698MHz

New Frequencies:
Mux 1: CH45 666MHz
Mux 2: CH43 650MHz

Johor Bahru is the only region in entire Malaysia that changes both Mux 1 and Mux 2 frequencies.
So, if by the time you're reading this, and you're already unable to receive all Malaysia DTT channels out of a sudden, just perform manual search on this 2 frequencies.

If you previously having difficulties receiving Malaysia DTT channels, try receive it with the new frequencies starting 19 or 20 April. Who knows, signal readings might improve.
Just wonderring, is there any advantage between manual scan and auto scan? I once guided someone over the phone to perform search, and find it's easier asking them to do auto instead of searching the frequency one after another.
YoungMan
post May 20 2020, 08:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 20 2020, 05:59 PM)
user posted image          user posted image
Source: https://www.facebook.com/SuruhanjayaKomunik...654464934579936

I have a feeling that myFreeview digital TV boxes will never finish distributing to the needy. Since so so long ago until today, still haven't finish distribute.  blink.gif
I wonder what's actually going on.

Also, the second page of the press release statement that says:
15 HD channels??? You sure or not??? Don't simply write lehhh...
I suspect the one who typed this document don't even watch myFreeview digital TV also.  doh.gif
Even if they want to overpromote the myFreeview's digital TV service, that's not the way la...  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif
Must be those which last time unable to distribute and to fulfil previous contract to those companies I think.
YoungMan
post Jun 27 2020, 11:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

So each time new channel have to do manual scan? Can the decoder auto update like in the case of Berita RTM channel added?
YoungMan
post Aug 13 2020, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 12 2020, 11:34 PM)
Deputy Minister of Communications and Multimedia / MP Padang Besar:

"Introducing MYTV My Preview"
"For your info, we've added a new TV channel which is TV Osem to target youth audiences"
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

Public: My Preview? TV Osem? What's that? unsure.gif

--------
In case the post got deleted:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

laugh.gif laugh.gif
YoungMan
post Sep 12 2020, 09:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ Sep 12 2020, 02:31 AM)
Well, does anyone really wants to hear radio on TV? They'll just listen to radio with well a radio...
Some may listen. Which is why Astro provides radio channel to their satellite TV.
YoungMan
post Oct 4 2020, 10:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(Wobblyblob @ Oct 4 2020, 09:39 AM)
What for offer Sarawak state TV on Astro? This kind of things must be and should be offerd on MYTV Myfreeview platform. If private channels can be offered and already being offered on MYTV Myfreeview platform, all the more reason why Government TV must be offered on MYTV Myfreeview platform. Furthermore, many Sarawakians and are not that rich, they watch free TV, sometimes through aerial.

If not, offer on both MYTV Myfreeview and Astro.
Gov on cloud and out of touch. They thought every Sarawakean have Astro in their homes.
YoungMan
post Oct 25 2020, 07:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Oct 25 2020, 08:35 PM)
Yes geographical restrictions,thats not possible,maybe make Rojak channels buying their content
Not only that but sensorship.
YoungMan
post Nov 19 2020, 08:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(Wobblyblob @ Nov 19 2020, 12:42 AM)
I counted there are over 200+ Malaysian Net Radio (Internet Radio) stations and it will also be good that they could also broadcast in DVB T2 Lite and simulcast in DAB/DAB+.
Those net radio not all of them are licenced. Mostly just run by anyone interested. You can even run your own.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1429sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:33 PM