Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lenovo ThinkPad & IdeaPad Reviews thread, You guys can shares your stuffs here 😍

views

zeskyking
post Nov 22 2021, 06:52 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(kaitojas @ Nov 14 2021, 03:31 PM)
very serious backlight bleeding
They look rather okay to me. Only the black screen bleeding a bit serious.
kaitojas
post Nov 27 2021, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(zeskyking @ Nov 22 2021, 06:52 PM)
They look rather okay to me. Only the black screen bleeding a bit serious.
Maybe can try request for RMA, will lenovo entertain screen bleeding?
pgsiemkia
post May 31 2022, 11:29 AM

Casual
395 posts

Yoga 530 user here. Been using Lenovo Thinkpads since 2016 when worked in a new company after leaving HP. Lenovo/IBM still the best for quality and long lasting. Bought the 530 during covid for personal use and still using, no issues with heating and screen usage, chose this as it had a separate graphics (Nvidia GEForce) card and touchscreen. Bought 2 more Lenovos for my kids to do online class as expect the laptops to last longer than HP or Dell.

Now using HP for work as new company has it issued and now even less than a year can hear the fan buzzing after 1 hour of working..heard from other colleagues the HP laptops fail after a year instead of the obligatory 3 years, quality so bad now, HP?

kaitojas
post Jun 18 2022, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ May 31 2022, 11:29 AM)
Yoga 530 user here. Been using Lenovo Thinkpads since 2016 when worked in a new company after leaving HP. Lenovo/IBM still the best for quality and long lasting. Bought the 530 during covid for personal use and still using, no issues with heating and screen usage, chose this as it had a separate graphics (Nvidia GEForce) card and touchscreen. Bought 2 more Lenovos for my kids to do online class as expect the laptops to last longer than HP or Dell.

Now using HP for work as new company has it issued and now even less than a year can hear the fan buzzing after 1 hour of working..heard from other colleagues the HP laptops fail after a year instead of the obligatory 3 years, quality so bad now, HP?
All electronics also got chance to fail, depends on your luck
pgsiemkia
post Jun 18 2022, 07:41 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(kaitojas @ Jun 18 2022, 05:34 PM)
All electronics also got chance to fail, depends on your luck
Anything you take care will last longer..

BeastX
post Jul 6 2022, 04:08 PM

Genomics Revolution; Proud to be a Scientist
5,768 posts

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ May 31 2022, 11:29 AM)

Thinkpads and Thinkbooks goes through specific more robust engineering and testing inherited from IBM Japan.... the rest of the Lenovo line however are a hit and miss....

Business lines from both Lenovo and HP are designed to be more robust and have a higher degree of serviceability.... but both brands also produces shitty laptops...

So conclusion: Brand is less of a determination factor for the quality and lasting of the laptop products.... and laptop have a short yearly cycle, so long term usage is unknown and every new purchase is essentially a roll of the dice.

This post has been edited by BeastX: Jul 6 2022, 04:09 PM
stackolyn P
post Aug 30 2022, 10:27 PM

Probation
0 posts

Mine Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Flex.

Last 2 days the screen became ghosting between good & pink colour.

Just slightly above 2 years & out of warranty. Got quoted RM1200+ to repair/change the screen.

Ran Lenovo Vantage software & found out that I can reinstate/upgrade the warranty by another 12 months, and the reinstated warranty supposed to cover for parts & labour repair.

But I'm not sure if I pay for the extended warranty whether it really covers the screen repair or I still need to pay.

Any good advice from forummers here?

perfect10
post Sep 14 2022, 12:49 AM

Casual
413 posts

between these two old models, which is a better choice? normally use simple presentation of direct selling, downloading video and watching netflix otg.

X380 yoga - i7-8650U / 16gb / 512ssd / touch pen

X1 Yoga Gen 3 - i7-8650U / 16gb / 512ssd / touch pen(top up extra RM250)
jun6065168
post Oct 21 2022, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

Planning to get Lenovo x13 Intel Gen 3. So far any known problems with it?
SamuelTWJ
post Oct 27 2022, 10:29 AM

24 posts

Anyone has any experience with one-to-one machine replacement under Lenovo warranty? My laptop recently has issue charging and I have informed the service dept regarding this. However, the process of repairing my laptop has come to a halt as Lenovo is waiting the spare part required to fix my laptop to arrive. After a few weeks of no progress, I followed up with them and demanded an ETA for the spare part arrival. Fast forward to today, I received an email from IBM Malaysia that Lenovo has escalated this to a 121 machine replacement. My question is how does the whole 121 machine replacement process go? Do I get to keep my current laptop data before handing over to Lenovo?
springfall
post Oct 28 2022, 11:16 AM

Spring and fall helping Summer and winter
4,072 posts

QUOTE(SamuelTWJ @ Oct 27 2022, 10:29 AM)
Anyone has any experience with one-to-one machine replacement under Lenovo warranty? My laptop recently has issue charging and I have informed the service dept regarding this. However, the process of repairing my laptop has come to a halt as Lenovo is waiting the spare part required to fix my laptop to arrive. After a few weeks of no progress, I followed up with them and demanded an ETA for the spare part arrival. Fast forward to today, I received an email from IBM Malaysia that Lenovo has escalated this to a 121 machine replacement. My question is how does the whole 121 machine replacement process go? Do I get to keep my current laptop data before handing over to Lenovo?
Never mentioned ThinkPad line or IdeaPad/Legion line or anything doh.gif

did you add 'keep your drive/data' under warranty services?
No? - then you cannot get your data back, and remember to always keep a backup somewhere.
You should never send in a device with all your data as standard practice & if do, always leave bit locker on.

If the machine is <1 month old, always opt for full refund, its faster to refund and repurchase sometimes.
If machine >6 months or older, or with visual scratches, if they gave 121 just patiently take it.
Sometimes ThinkPad 121 they may give better spec/hardware, not sure for IdeaPad line

Usually max threshold to wait for parts is 1 month before they start 121/refund option process.

SamuelTWJ
post Oct 28 2022, 04:34 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(springfall @ Oct 28 2022, 11:16 AM)
Never mentioned ThinkPad line or IdeaPad/Legion line or anything  doh.gif

did you add 'keep your drive/data' under warranty services?
No? - then you cannot get your data back, and remember to always keep a backup somewhere.
You should never send in a device with all your data as standard practice & if do, always leave bit locker on.

If the machine is <1 month old, always opt for full refund, its faster to refund and repurchase sometimes.
If machine >6 months or older, or with visual scratches, if they gave 121 just patiently take it.
Sometimes ThinkPad 121 they may give better spec/hardware, not sure for IdeaPad line

Usually max threshold to wait for parts is 1 month before they start 121/refund option process.
Its a 3 year old unit and I even bought extended warranty for it. And apparently I bought keep your drive add on too so it should save me from a lot of hassle. But the thing is now I didn't download the invoice from Lenovo OVP website when I bought the laptop through Lenovo official online store and they never send me any invoice. Apparently us buyer need to manually download it from the OVP website by using the order number.

And for 121 machine replacement they asked for my proof of purchase and I got nothing to offer. I think my order was too old and now the OVP website no longer recognizes it.
springfall
post Oct 28 2022, 05:24 PM

Spring and fall helping Summer and winter
4,072 posts

QUOTE(SamuelTWJ @ Oct 28 2022, 04:34 PM)
Its a 3 year old unit and I even bought extended warranty for it. And apparently I bought keep your drive add on too so it should save me from a lot of hassle. But the thing is now I didn't download the invoice from Lenovo OVP website when I bought the laptop through Lenovo official online store and they never send me any invoice. Apparently us buyer need to manually download it from the OVP website by using the order number.

And for 121 machine replacement they asked for my proof of purchase and I got nothing to offer. I think my order was too old and now the OVP website no longer recognizes it.
Do you happen to have a lenovo account/vantage? usually all the warranty etc is tied into it and you can check the status of repair,
and you can show it belongs to you.

kinda shitty that you need to proof that you brought it..
Try to challenge the process (proof account linked, where you brought it from, etc)

as for keep your drive, just log in (with your serial number) and show you had keep your drive, then reclaim back your drive to extract info (but then bitlocker is a bitch since opening in 2nd computer)

Maybe other users here can also chime in to help

Add:
im sure you submit taxes, rrrighttt? maybe check back your fillings for laptop purchases?
i do hope you have a physical file to keep the receipts whistling.gif

This post has been edited by springfall: Oct 28 2022, 05:32 PM
jychow
post Oct 29 2022, 11:17 PM

Regular
1,150 posts

hi All, just posted ad for sale of Lenovo X1 Fold.

Lowyat For Sale

Please feel free to take a look. Thanks.

user posted image
azhar75
post Jan 23 2023, 09:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,523 posts

To all LeMoto laptop owners, the End-Of-Life (EOL) for certain old models has reached. Please refer to article below:
Lenovo devices tested for Windows 10 22H2.

Meow's unit for the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen is now having a broken IR Camera immediately after updated to Windows 10 22H2. All other features still intact but will expect to fail further down the road.

The X1C 6th Gen has received the green light to be updated to Windows 11 but meow certainly won't go there to avoid further hardware malfunctions.

fjoru103
post Feb 5 2023, 10:46 PM

On my way
611 posts

Plan get ideapad inteli5 12 gen, aware for normal word processing should be more than enough, unsure about gaming like Diablo ???
ceo684
post Mar 22 2023, 12:04 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(azhar75 @ Jan 23 2023, 09:41 PM)
To all LeMoto laptop owners, the End-Of-Life (EOL) for certain old models has reached. Please refer to article below:
Lenovo devices tested for Windows 10 22H2.

Meow's unit for the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen is now having a broken IR Camera immediately after updated to Windows 10 22H2. All other features still intact but will expect to fail further down the road.

The X1C 6th Gen has received the green light to be updated to Windows 11 but meow certainly won't go there to avoid further hardware malfunctions.
X1C Gen 6 keyboard is bliss
arguably the best ever on a thinkpad

coming from experience using X240, X250, X280, T480

bought this for a steal
at 500 Singapore Dollar equals
1,670.92 Malaysian Ringgit

i7 8650, 16GB, 512GB
300nits 1080 screen is sharp.. the T480 one was disastrous despite being a touchscreen

batt life also very good
thumbup.gif so light my colleague thought i never plug in the battery or sth laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ceo684: Mar 22 2023, 12:05 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
minizian
post Mar 22 2023, 03:46 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

Just a quick question, is Z16 worth to get it? My understanding is that it is not build as per what Thinkpad was supposed to be previously.

The part that attracted me is the 100% RGB Screen as well as the H series ryzen which more or less with the least restriction as other mobile ryzen.

Saw the P series ryzen but they only come in the Slim version and not the bigger/heavier size type and only came with U series ryzen

This post has been edited by minizian: Mar 22 2023, 03:48 PM
myway1985
post Mar 24 2023, 08:28 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,471 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Mar 22 2023, 03:46 PM)
Just a quick question, is Z16 worth to get it? My understanding is that it is not build as per what Thinkpad was supposed to be previously.

The part that attracted me is the 100% RGB Screen as well as the H series ryzen which more or less with the least restriction as other mobile ryzen.

Saw the P series ryzen but they only come in the Slim version and not the bigger/heavier size type and only came with U series ryzen
100% srgb or argb? 100% srgb doesnt means it true color
smokey
post Apr 28 2023, 12:29 AM

Infinity speed
3,469 posts

Do latest thinkpads still suffer from sticky rubber coating issue?
I had a Thinkvision portable monitor and it had turned sticky within 2 years sad.gif

35 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:55 AM