Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

51 Pages « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kitchen Cabinet V4 (Heart of the House)

views

ceo684
post Oct 16 2021, 02:43 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(kimmyrulez @ Oct 15 2021, 04:36 PM)
Hi Sifus out there,

Wanted to find out about Kitchenwares.

Anyone heard of/used/installed Ecoware before?

https://ecoware.com.my/#

Got introduced from one of the ID suppliers out there for Kitchen renovation.

Their price is almost double of what is selling out there in shopee, lazada.

Material used either polish chrome/stainless steel.

But there is 3 years warranty for that premium price.

Some comparison of pricing of the particular same item.

Welcome for anyone to share their experiences using these types of kitchenware, durable or not. thanks!

user posted image

user posted image
Size wise looks tiny. The ikea one seems to allow more usability of the corner space. https://www.ikea.com/my/en/p/utrusta-crnr-b...tting-70271272/
sjz
post Oct 24 2021, 12:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,223 posts

Am doing a new kitchen cabinet for new house.
Now the outlet drain pipe from developer is 2 feet (~60cm) from ground.

The kitchen cabinet ID keep ask to change the outlet drain pipe location to 1 feet from ground instead. They say with undermount sink its not possible to do without changing outlet pipe to 1 feet from ground.

But i do not wish to change the pipe as its full wall tile and hack the wall tile will be quite messy.

I don't mind a shallower sink.
Need you all advice.
Could it be done with 2 feet outlet pipe from ground?

If it could be done i will insist not to move the outlet pipe and remain 2 feet from ground instead.

This post has been edited by sjz: Oct 24 2021, 12:53 PM
ceo684
post Oct 24 2021, 01:31 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(sjz @ Oct 24 2021, 12:52 PM)

The kitchen cabinet ID keep ask to change the outlet drain pipe location to 1 feet from ground instead. They say with undermount sink its not possible to do without changing outlet pipe to 1 feet from ground.

But i do not wish to change the pipe as its full wall tile and hack the wall tile will be quite messy.

Need you all advice.

If it could be done i will insist not to move the outlet pipe and remain 2 feet from ground instead.
U can barely pass that 2 feet if ur using Euro style outlet drain pipe (ikea or teka sink); I did it with v small slope gradient. Must not throw solids into drain.
joshgm_119
post Oct 25 2021, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(sjz @ Oct 24 2021, 12:52 PM)

Need you all advice.

Went through the same thing due to how the original sink was laid out.
Same as you, I was not willing to hack and relocate the drain pipe.

What I did was ditched undermount for top mount and went for shallower sinks.

For me a kitchen is meant to be functional more than aesthetic, so it was something I can live with.
sjz
post Oct 25 2021, 11:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,223 posts

QUOTE(joshgm_119 @ Oct 25 2021, 10:43 AM)
Went through the same thing due to how the original sink was laid out.
Same as you, I was not willing to hack and relocate the drain pipe.

What I did was ditched undermount for top mount and went for shallower sinks.

For me a kitchen is meant to be functional more than aesthetic, so it was something I can live with.
thanks bro for the advice biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by sjz: Oct 25 2021, 11:58 AM
SUSjhue2046 P
post Nov 8 2021, 05:44 PM

Probation
5 posts

Any carpenter recommended?
claudetan
post Nov 10 2021, 06:21 AM

On my way
690 posts

i knew there's laminate and melamine for kitchen cabinet material and laminate seem to be better for kitchen cabinet, but im confused when ppl talking about these.

When talking about these material, are they referring to the surface finishing only (like finishing on top of a plywood) or the whole block of material make out from these Laminate/Melamine?

my contractor suggested me to take laminate with quartz top finishing.

This post has been edited by claudetan: Nov 10 2021, 06:23 AM
YH820
post Nov 10 2021, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(claudetan @ Nov 10 2021, 06:21 AM)
i knew there's laminate and melamine for kitchen cabinet material and laminate seem to be better for kitchen cabinet, but im confused when ppl talking about these.

When talking about these material, are they referring to the surface finishing only (like finishing on top of a plywood) or the whole block of material make out from these Laminate/Melamine?

my contractor suggested me to take laminate with quartz top finishing.
From what I heard, laminate and melamine are mainly referring to the surface. If u r not sure u can always ask ur supplier.

Based on my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong), laminate commonly used on top of plywood.... while melamine refer to melamine chipboard? hmm.gif

But like I said, do not assume, u r customer, u have the rights to ask what material they used and charge u for ur cabinet.

Good luck~~ laugh.gif
claudetan
post Nov 11 2021, 07:05 AM

On my way
690 posts

QUOTE(YH820 @ Nov 10 2021, 04:07 PM)
From what I heard, laminate and melamine are mainly referring to the surface. If u r not sure u can always ask ur supplier.

Based on my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong), laminate commonly used on top of plywood.... while melamine refer to melamine chipboard?  hmm.gif

But like I said, do not assume, u r customer, u have the rights to ask what material they used and charge u for ur cabinet.

Good luck~~ laugh.gif
same as my understanding, will confirm with my contractor
FutureBuilder
post Nov 13 2021, 12:14 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Hi, any good service kitchen cabinet provider can recommended? Thanks in advance. 🙂
boo82
post Nov 14 2021, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

Hi Sifus,

What do you think on the below quotation? Reasonable or over price?
Appreciate your response.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
nyunyu
post Nov 14 2021, 04:04 PM

His Royal Highness
1,388 posts

Hi Sifus out there,

Welcome for anyone to share their experiences using these types of kitchenware, durable or not. thanks!

user posted image

user posted image
RM540? Lazada got sell RM189 for this.
https://www.lazada.com.my//products/i119719...Ei&urlFlag=true
mini orchard
post Nov 14 2021, 04:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Hi Sifus out there,

user posted image

user posted image
Mine more than 10 years ....not sure of the brand. As long you dont put heavy things it should be ok.

Attached Image
vacuos
post Nov 18 2021, 10:13 PM

15 posts

Has anyone used or heard of https://www.twoboxesmy.com for KC? Do you mind sharing your experience; good or bad?
Shadow_GamBiT
post Nov 21 2021, 06:25 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(vacuos @ Nov 18 2021, 10:13 PM)
Has anyone used or heard of https://www.twoboxesmy.com for KC? Do you mind sharing your experience; good or bad?
Me and my wife used them for our Condo at Tasik Residency. We liked their designs, and very accommodating service. Just a small issue with their scheduling, delivered on time, but took 2.5 weeks to completed instead of the original 1.5weeks timeline.

TBH, it was a whole unit fitting, so not too bad with the 2.5 weeks finished work.
aerandir
post Nov 22 2021, 06:15 AM

26 posts

Hi sifus and all,

I dunno where to go. Was thinking to go to the police station but dont think it is a big case (yet?) to lodge a report. Anyone having trouble with Wooot Carpenter? or Woot Carpenter... Seems like they keep delaying the installation of my kitchen cabinet despite Ive already paid 50% deposit sad.gif

It has been almost a year now and these guys took days and sometimes months to even reply my message or update me on the status. If anything they blame the pandemic and PKP. Sometimes if I request for lets say A B C D, they seem to purposely left out C and D so that they and I need to revisit the drawings and have to discuss again and keep delaying again. cry.gif

And also looks like I have to deal with too many different people. Marketing one, drawing one and production one. An info shared with one of them sometimes would unlikely be shared among them. I have to tell again and again to different people. Is this normal? I mean do other companies do this too: having different people for different stuff? rclxub.gif

My questions:
1. What should i do?
2. Is it worth it to do a police report? Seem like a big company and Im just like a small thing to them
Leto
post Nov 22 2021, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(aerandir @ Nov 22 2021, 06:15 AM)
Hi sifus and all,

I dunno where to go. Was thinking to go to the police station but dont think it is a big case (yet?) to lodge a report. Anyone having trouble with Wooot Carpenter? or Woot Carpenter... Seems like they keep delaying the installation of my kitchen cabinet despite Ive already paid 50% deposit  sad.gif

It has been almost a year now and these guys took days and sometimes months to even reply my message or update me on the status. If anything they blame the pandemic and PKP. Sometimes if I request for lets say A B C D, they seem to purposely left out C and D so that they and I need to revisit the drawings and have to discuss again and keep delaying again.  cry.gif

And also looks like I have to deal with too many different people. Marketing one, drawing one and production one. An info shared with one of them sometimes would unlikely be shared among them. I have to tell again and again to different people. Is this normal? I mean do other companies do this too: having different people for different stuff?  rclxub.gif

My questions:
1. What should i do?
2. Is it worth it to do a police report? Seem like a big company and Im just like a small thing to them
Almost a year and they've not install a single cabinet?
I would have reported police long time ago

How much deposit you paid?
apalexar
post Nov 22 2021, 10:47 PM

apalexar
1,300 posts

QUOTE(aerandir @ Nov 22 2021, 06:15 AM)
Sometimes if I request for lets say A B C D, they seem to purposely left out C and D so that they and I need to revisit the drawings and have to discuss again and keep delaying again.
Is that you the one keep changing design or they're the one request you to change?
Wonder how many deposit you paid, if just few hundreds usually can't get back in this case.
aerandir
post Nov 23 2021, 09:13 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Leto @ Nov 22 2021, 04:21 PM)
Almost a year and they've not install a single cabinet?
I would have reported police long time ago

How much deposit you paid?
10k+

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 22 2021, 10:47 PM)
Is that you the one keep changing design or they're the one request you to change?
Wonder how many deposit you paid, if just few hundreds usually can't get back in this case.
the first amendment didnt come out like what ive requested in the first place. once the 2nd drawings came out, they said the designer resigned. two months no update whatsoever. then came in the second designer, have to explain all over again. 3rd drawings came out he visited my house for measurements. then 4th drawings came out he didnt include a number of things ie led lighthing, power plug socket rearrangement, wirings for tv panel and on. end up have to explain to factory workers when they came for 2nd measurements. now the waiting game continues. the factory guys said they will install by end of Dec this year. dont know to trust that promise or not. I felt betrayed anyway.
apalexar
post Nov 23 2021, 10:09 PM

apalexar
1,300 posts

QUOTE(aerandir @ Nov 23 2021, 09:13 PM)
a number of things ie led lighthing, power plug socket rearrangement, wirings for tv panel and on. end up have to explain to factory workers when they came for 2nd measurements. now the waiting game continues. the factory guys said they will install by end of Dec this year. dont know to trust that promise or not. I felt betrayed anyway.
So it's not just KC but also other cabinets as well, and sounds many changes on the drawing too. If everything is confirmed by now and they promise install end of Dec, you should wait then.
You could visit their office just to make sure it still operating, perhaps they have too much orders to take care and focus on those confirmed orders, so delay those not confirm yet one.

This post has been edited by apalexar: Nov 23 2021, 10:09 PM

51 Pages « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0230sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:37 PM