Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1027 Pages « < 563 564 565 566 567 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Investment StashAway Malaysia, Multi-Region ETF at your fingertips!

views

SUSxander83
post Jan 22 2021, 05:03 PM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

QUOTE(AureusX @ Jan 22 2021, 08:49 AM)
when you withdraw a small amount, SA will usually take out from the profit pool first?
The management fee is will be deducted Fromm your base pool monthly on the 1st for the previous month
skyvisionz
post Jan 23 2021, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

Does the auto-reoptimization settings good? Anyone turning it off?
SUSxander83
post Jan 23 2021, 01:36 AM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

QUOTE(skyvisionz @ Jan 23 2021, 12:51 AM)
Turning it off will make the your portfolio stagnant especially when situations like now which the robo can’t sell when it’s on the peak and correction is happening

If you wanna try do small amounts like USD1000 as you can see the difference then rclxms.gif
statikinetic
post Jan 23 2021, 10:41 AM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

Not optimizing to current environments is like driving your car at the same speeds wherever you go. Kampung or highway.

chichabom
post Jan 23 2021, 10:58 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

I feel there is no right or wrong. Opting in is just like following waze whereby you 100% rely on waze to bring you to your final destination, turn by turn. Good for those who is completely clueless bout his/her current location.

Opting out is like waze may have suggested a preferred route, but you chose to take another alternative route because you may think your way is actually better than waze.

Either way, you will still reach your end destination albeit at differrent timing.
virtuousindustry
post Jan 23 2021, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

Stashaway is tempting
backspace66

Look at all my stars!!
2,133 posts

The reply above pretty much sums it up.

I am turning off but do not ignore the newer optimized portfolio. You can have best of both world by having multiple portfolio , new and old at the same time and allocate accordingly.

I have both the US centric portfolio (36%) and the current one with less US exposure and gold with the same (36%) risk. Turning off optimization doesnt mean you dont have access to the new so called optimized portfolio, it just that it is not automatic and you choose how much percentage you want to expose the newer portfolio.

GrumpyNooby

10k Club
All Stars
12,387 posts

QUOTE(virtuousindustry @ Jan 23 2021, 11:32 AM)
Stashaway is tempting
Obviously and better than 1.75% pa board rate.
stormseeker92
post Jan 23 2021, 04:42 PM

On my way
689 posts

Wahed is slowing down and becoming stagnant. I think SAMY is the way
anwa
post Jan 23 2021, 04:49 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Been dca-ing for 6 months, always Thursdays. So far what happens is 7-8am in the morning I jompay before I go to work, by noon will get notification they received. The next day ie by Friday usa market close the buy order would be completed. However, has anybody noticed in recent month, it has been getting slower. For pass 3 weeks, the buy order only completed on Monday usa market close. For dca I guess I doesn't really matter to me etf price wise but I don't like if SA is earning extra few days interest holding our money. Any comments?
honsiong
post Jan 23 2021, 04:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,131 posts

Please keep it on and agree to new changes whenever they come out ASAP.

Take this from a stashaway user since 2017: everytime they update and reoptimise, the portfolio moons.

You are paying management fees for their expertise, otherwise might as well open a Tiger broker account and buy ETF directly.
SUSxander83
post Jan 23 2021, 09:08 PM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

QUOTE(stormseeker92 @ Jan 23 2021, 04:42 PM)
Wahed is slowing down and becoming stagnant. I think SAMY is the way
HLAL is already peaked and now is on correction mode which I am waiting to re enter again rclxms.gif

QUOTE(anwa @ Jan 23 2021, 04:49 PM)
Been dca-ing for 6 months, always Thursdays. So far what happens is 7-8am in the morning I jompay before I go to work, by noon will get notification they received. The next day ie by Friday usa market close the buy order would be completed. However, has anybody noticed in recent month, it has been getting slower. For pass 3 weeks, the buy order only completed on Monday usa market close. For dca I guess I doesn't really matter to me etf price wise but I don't like if SA is earning extra few days interest holding our money. Any comments?
Nothing to do with SA as the clearance from JomPay is slow towards end of the week since early November

It’s always best to dca on Monday and Tuesday to take advantage the market as the actions happens then as the buy orders are always active on those days due to the market movements

stormseeker92
post Jan 23 2021, 09:29 PM

On my way
689 posts

[quote=xander83,Jan 23 2021, 09:08 PM]
HLAL is already peaked and now is on correction mode which I am waiting to re enter again rclxms.gif
Nothing to do with SA as the clearance from JomPay is slow towards end of the week since early November

I'll continue DCA for SAMY and wait for the dip to DCA in Wahed lol

My main would always be SAMY
anwa
post Jan 23 2021, 09:47 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(xander83 @ Jan 23 2021, 09:08 PM)

It’s always best to dca on Monday and Tuesday to take advantage the market as the actions happens then as the buy orders are always active on those days due to the market movements
Oh didn't know that. Ok will switch to Monday/Tuesday. Is it still better to use jompay then? Also, does this mean I should jompay on sat/sun or Monday morning?
SUSxander83
post Jan 24 2021, 02:51 AM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

[quote=stormseeker92,Jan 23 2021, 09:29 PM]
[quote=xander83,Jan 23 2021, 09:08 PM]

I'll continue DCA for SAMY and wait for the dip to DCA in Wahed lol

My main would always be SAMY

[/quote]
Wahed next week will be rocky due to earnings season but can buy a bit next week when hit below 35

[quote=anwa,Jan 23 2021, 09:47 PM]
Oh didn't know that. Ok will switch to Monday/Tuesday. Is it still better to use jompay then? Also, does this mean I should jompay on sat/sun or Monday morning?

[/quote]
If deposit on Sunday, Monday night the trigger buy order will be submitted because usually the money will be received by 2pm and Tuesday you should see the algo processing the buy order and will be reflected depending on the price level.

Not sure if anybody noticed if anyone take profit last week withdrawal was process very fast this time as it only took 1 business day rclxms.gif
joefacker
post Jan 24 2021, 09:01 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

hey guys, wondering why does SAMY takes such a long time to receive my deposits. I understand it's T+3 days. However I made a deposit on 18/1. Funds have been deducted from my bank account on 22/1, but still not reflected in SAMY as of today. It just shows it's in progress. Is this normal?
ironman16
post Jan 24 2021, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,340 posts

QUOTE(joefacker @ Jan 24 2021, 09:01 AM)
hey guys, wondering why does SAMY takes such a long time to receive my deposits. I understand it's T+3 days. However I made a deposit on 18/1. Funds have been deducted from my bank account on 22/1, but still not reflected in SAMY as of today. It just shows it's in progress. Is this normal?
18 January is holiday for US, apa itu Martin..... Junior day.
SAMY will execute converting myr to USD in 19 January night.

Just don't understand why u deposit on 18 jan but bank deduct on 22 January? 😅😅😅
lovingforyou
post Jan 24 2021, 12:06 PM

Casual
360 posts

Few months back i experience it
Are you first time deposit SAMY?
I read somewhere else, first time will take longer to reflected in SAMY
Then second time will be T+3
SUSxander83
post Jan 24 2021, 01:55 PM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

Normal because last week was a short trading week because of Monday was the annual Martin Luther King Jr day

Coupled with the buy entry was difficult due to record high hence the money was still in processing just wait until Wednesday to see whether any buy order initiated and if still in progress contact support for updates on what happen

Don’t worry too much because it is only small amounts not like millions are riding into it

But surprisingly last week withdrawal was quick rclxms.gif
ang1222
post Jan 24 2021, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Hi Sifu, may I know if I schedule jompay on every Wednesday and Monday.
Does it mean the investment will held on Monday and Thursday ? By using the concept of T+3, assuming no holiday.

Can anyone share how do you guy dca ? Just weekly one time ie Monday will do ?

1027 Pages « < 563 564 565 566 567 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:34 PM