Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
198 Pages « < 185 186 187 188 189 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V12, Everything you need for a Japan trip!

views

quadcube
post Feb 23 2020, 11:00 AM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(terryykf @ Feb 23 2020, 08:54 AM)
user posted image
even my area already started to spread, one went to Tokyo for 3 days and came back to Kanazawa with the virus, spread to his 10 years old kid which has been going to school for the past 2 weeks laugh.gif
mastering89
post Feb 24 2020, 03:28 AM

miao miao
2,545 posts

cepat beli rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

user posted image
ISFJ
post Feb 24 2020, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

Just got back from my Japan trip. It was enjoyable, with many attractions not crowded at all (best for photo-taking!). Did not see any the state of panic among the people (not everyone wore masks). Actually feel now's the best time to visit coz the crowds were insane the previous time I went 6 years ago, but of course need to practise caution at the airport.
TongCN
post Feb 24 2020, 10:33 AM

Look ma, I have lots stars :D
4,819 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Feb 23 2020, 11:00 AM)
even my area already started to spread, one went to Tokyo for 3 days and came back to Kanazawa with the virus, spread to his 10 years old kid which has been going to school for the past 2 weeks laugh.gif
Which area?
MR_alien
post Feb 24 2020, 11:00 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(ISFJ @ Feb 24 2020, 09:55 AM)
Just got back from my Japan trip. It was enjoyable, with many attractions not crowded at all (best for photo-taking!). Did not see any the state of panic among the people (not everyone wore masks). Actually feel now's the best time to visit coz the crowds were insane the previous time I went 6 years ago, but of course need to practise caution at the airport.
Now is the best time to visit any country actually
U can take your time to take the best photo of every attractions
quadcube
post Feb 24 2020, 11:10 AM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ Feb 24 2020, 10:33 AM)
Which area?
the school that was closed is 金沢市立野田 junior high school in Nomachi, right next to Kanazawa city
TongCN
post Feb 24 2020, 01:02 PM

4,819 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Feb 24 2020, 11:10 AM)
the school that was closed is 金沢市立野田 junior high school in Nomachi, right next to Kanazawa city
Take care sad.gif
Kent3888
post Feb 24 2020, 10:35 PM

:+: ҜễЙΨ ™ © :+:
1,333 posts

I have a trip to Tokyo tomorrow with my friends, we have paid for all flight, accommodation etc. I'm contemplating should I drop this strip. I have 2 young children aged 2 and 5. I'm looking at the consequences after return, ie. quarantine 14 days and unable to see the family.

What you guys suggest?

This post has been edited by Kent3888: Feb 24 2020, 10:38 PM
manydupe
post Feb 24 2020, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(Kent3888 @ Feb 24 2020, 10:35 PM)
I have a trip to Tokyo tomorrow with my friends, we have paid for all flight, accommodation etc. I'm contemplating should I drop this strip. I have 2 young children aged 2 and 5. I'm looking at the consequences after return, ie. quarantine 14 days  and unable to see the family.

What you guys suggest?
Better safe than sorry. Think of your young one
_ChAoS_
post Feb 25 2020, 09:40 AM

29 posts

I have a trip to Tokyo tomorrow with my friends, we have paid for all flight, accommodation etc. I'm contemplating should I drop this strip. I have 2 young children aged 2 and 5. I'm looking at the consequences after return, ie. quarantine 14 days  and unable to see the family.

What you guys suggest?
There's no travel advisory against japan now. Just take precautions (Mask and sanitizers), and educate your chidren to be aware also.
moorish_idol
post Feb 25 2020, 01:05 PM

15 posts

What you guys suggest?
There are a few coronavirus infection cases in Tokyo. Nobody knows who is the carrier and who contacted who, who been to where, who came from where. If this is just a leisure trip and nothing urgent, just avoid traveling there. Reschedule the trip is better option. Should be responsible to yourself, your kids, and your family. Merely my opinion.

minizian
post Feb 25 2020, 03:45 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

Actaully I also in the same boat as some of the posters here.

But the difference is til now I have not buy any flight ticket (flight still wide open) yet (hint: my leave start very soon beginning of next month) nor any hotel booking (used to stay in capsule but plan to move to proper hotel room for obvious reason). Local mates there were telling me hotel were quite cheap at the moment.

Not sure if worth the risk going to Tokyo and those other major area (Fukuoka/Okinawa) at this point of time. The infection rate seems to be stagnant (as opposed to Korea) at the moment, after all they had Off Day yesterday. Well aware of the some folks that were reported to be posititve few days ago. Not sure if it is good news or what or typical cover up stuff?

Or I should just junk this trip together and spend my time on something else instead.

Read through the trip where some folks were just decide to junk it due to unnecessary risk on this (that was few weeks before the hoohah as of today)

This post has been edited by minizian: Feb 25 2020, 03:45 PM
babylon52281
post Feb 25 2020, 03:59 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Feb 25 2020, 03:45 PM)
Actaully I also in the same boat as some of the posters here.

But the difference is til now I have not buy any flight ticket (flight still wide open) yet (hint: my leave start very soon beginning of next month) nor any hotel booking (used to stay in capsule but plan to move to proper hotel room for obvious reason). Local mates there were telling me hotel were quite cheap at the moment.

Not sure if worth the risk going to Tokyo and those other major area (Fukuoka/Okinawa) at this point of time. The infection rate seems to be stagnant (as opposed to Korea) at the moment, after all they had Off Day yesterday. Well aware of the some folks that were reported to be posititve few days ago. Not sure if it is good news or what or typical cover up stuff?

Or I should just junk this trip together and spend my time on something else instead.

Read through the trip where some folks were just decide to junk it due to unnecessary risk on this (that was few weeks before the hoohah as of today)
If you look at Fukushima incident, you will know Japan authorities are just as predisposed to cover ups and concealing the truth about major issues as with any other governments. Moreso when Olympics 2020 is getting nearer and there is no end in sight for the virus.

Cheap trips isn't worth risking oneself, and having the constant worry of being threatened by something unseen. I would rather take the time to save up money and go proper when this issue has cleared. That's just my opinion yeah.

This post has been edited by babylon52281: Feb 25 2020, 04:00 PM
minizian
post Feb 25 2020, 04:23 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Feb 25 2020, 03:59 PM)
If you look at Fukushima incident, you will know Japan authorities are just as predisposed to cover ups and concealing the truth about major issues as with any other governments. Moreso when Olympics 2020 is getting nearer and there is no end in sight for the virus.

Cheap trips isn't worth risking oneself, and having the constant worry of being threatened by something unseen. I would rather take the time to save up money and go proper when this issue has cleared. That's just my opinion yeah.
No worries about it, just seeing how they were handling the issues versus Korean (sudden spike) or Singaporean (happy hunting down those related to the infected) felt something it is odd. Not to mention the mess that made with Diamond Princess.

Yeah, kinda sad that my annual leave that was forced to be taken due to this issue and yet I am unable to make use it sad.gif

This post has been edited by minizian: Feb 25 2020, 04:24 PM
babylon52281
post Feb 25 2020, 04:57 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Feb 25 2020, 04:23 PM)
No worries about it, just seeing how they were handling the issues versus Korean (sudden spike) or Singaporean (happy hunting down those related to the infected) felt something it is odd. Not to mention the mess that made with Diamond Princess.

Yeah, kinda sad that my annual leave that was forced to be taken due to this issue and yet I am unable to make use it sad.gif
Go local and save up your money mate. Then you have plenty for Japan at the end of the year or next year thumbup.gif

FYI even local tourism are giving huge discounts since China tourists aren't coming.

This post has been edited by babylon52281: Feb 25 2020, 04:59 PM
minizian
post Feb 25 2020, 05:00 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Feb 25 2020, 04:57 PM)
Go local and save up your money mate. Then you have plenty for Japan at the end of the year or next year thumbup.gif

FYI even local tourism are giving huge discounts since China tourists aren't coming.
Actually I was planing to Japan for flight status run (something like MH Enrich Tier run biggrin.gif )but seeing how thing was panned out I was skeptical as day goes closer to my off day bangwall.gif

This post has been edited by minizian: Feb 25 2020, 05:01 PM
deodorant
post Feb 25 2020, 05:55 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

At the end of the day, the infection rate in Japan is still quite low. Even if there are 10,000 unreported cases, that’s still less than 0.01% of the population. If you and your travel party are all healthy adults and take some precautions, I think the risk of kena infected is quite low.

Having said that, to my view there are 2 other risks which are more worrying. (1) For me based in SG, I see Singapore airlines on a weekly basis announcing more and more flight cancellations. It’s possible that I fly there liao suddenly my flight back cancelled and now gotta waste time and energy making last minute accommodation arrangements, and (2) if something like the Korea thing happens (30 cases to 900 cases in one week), travel restrictions and quarantine requirements could be imposed by home country, end up fly back need to lock self at home for 2wks can’t go out.
5p3ak
post Feb 25 2020, 07:16 PM

CPE, FIG Certified Gymnastics Coach
5,648 posts

Personally I have stopped all leisure trips within Asia region, so no travel unless for work.
TongCN
post Feb 25 2020, 07:16 PM

4,819 posts

There is only one life for us

We still have chance to go maybe next but not at a time like this right now sad.gif

I'm still asking Airbnb for full refund!!
They are another stubborn company who only listen to W.H.O.

Lesson learnt, no more Airbnb next time :x
tenable
post Feb 26 2020, 07:31 AM

Getting Started
211 posts

Have been silent reader here...Initially i booked a ticket to osaka on 17th Mac with Cathay Pacific last year..then my itenary has been rescheduled for 4 times(due to cancellations of cathay flights) until to the extend that my departing flight from KL to Hong Kong(transit) is later than my flight fom Hong Kong to Osaka.lol.Now got full refund already(minus admin fee $22.so now i am hesitating to book other flight or cancel...

This post has been edited by tenable: Feb 26 2020, 07:32 AM

198 Pages « < 185 186 187 188 189 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0209sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:09 PM