views

AVFAN
post Aug 10 2019, 11:01 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,274 posts

QUOTE(feekle @ Aug 10 2019, 10:55 AM)
I think so too. sucks.  rclxub.gif
if u hv used it for >1 yr, not so painful...

new one low price is rm105, i think.
myusri1990 P
post Aug 14 2019, 03:51 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(ab21cn @ Aug 9 2019, 07:51 PM)
Yah
TX3mini, Android 8 version:
user posted image
no need un-root, run mod ver of astrogo n unifi playtv.
below screen

astro
user posted image
main page
user posted image
channels
user posted image

unifi TV
user posted image
main page
user posted image
channels
user posted image

Bro the Astro Go stream smooth or lagging?
ab21cn
post Aug 16 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(myusri1990 @ Aug 14 2019, 03:51 AM)
Bro the Astro Go stream smooth or lagging?
always lagging
AVFAN
post Aug 16 2019, 10:12 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,274 posts

QUOTE(ab21cn @ Aug 16 2019, 10:07 AM)
always lagging
oh?

all channels lagging or just some?

perhaps to be clear...

this is tx3mini android8, alice UI, rooted, using modified astrogo app, right?
AVFAN
post Aug 16 2019, 01:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,274 posts

current astro go version is v2.192.5/AC/9.2.5/2313a43 dated 8 Aug 2019.

u cannot get direct from box playstore to update, here it is:
https://apkpure.com/astro-go-watch-tv-shows...com.astro.astro

this one has a bug fixed - video and audio are now sync-ed correctly for live HD channels.

and i seem to see an improved video... improved colors and clarity... perhaps bit rate been raised...

works very well on tanix tx3mini android7, tanix tx5max android8 - with root closed.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Aug 16 2019, 01:57 PM
Tanakwagu_noh
post Aug 16 2019, 02:38 PM

Photographer
858 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ Jul 18 2019, 12:25 PM)
Thank you. I will PM you later.
I hope so too. Currently the seller is trying to help me downgrade the firmware. But apparently the firmware that he sent yesterday doesn't work for the box. He promised to sent me a different firmware today. Fingers crossed.
Thank you for the link.Mine also all apps already not functioning
even_steven
post Aug 16 2019, 04:46 PM

On my way
510 posts

user posted image

It finally worked!!! But not via downgrading though.

I managed to buy one with a 7.1.2 firmware from linglang.

Just close the root option using the superuser and run the official astro go app.

Voila, working flawlessly.

If anyone wants to buy the box with 7.1 version, just chat with the seller first before buying, tell them that you want the specific firmware.

You just add a note to seller during the purchase to remind them about the firmware, and then provide the order number to them again via chat.

And they will send you one with the 7.1 firmware.

Best part, no Alice UI.
AVFAN
post Aug 16 2019, 05:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,274 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ Aug 16 2019, 04:46 PM)
user posted image

Just close the root option using the superuser and run the official astro go app.

If anyone wants to buy the box with 7.1 version, just chat with the seller first before buying, tell them that you want the specific firmware.

You just add a note to seller during the purchase to remind them about the firmware, and then provide the order number to them again via chat.

Best part, no Alice UI.
original android7 will be better if u want to close root.

Alice.. I actually like it better but may be less suitable for this s905w model.

So now... you have 2?
even_steven
post Aug 16 2019, 08:16 PM

On my way
510 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Aug 16 2019, 05:58 PM)
original android7 will be better if u want to close root.

Alice.. I actually like it better but may be less suitable for this s905w model.

So now... you have 2?
I just have 1. Coincidentally one of my friend is looking for an android box to be used with his IPTV service, so I just sold that to him and purchase a new one.

Alice is nice but it is a bit slow. So now just plain UI. A bit faster and smoother.
AVFAN
post Aug 16 2019, 10:21 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,274 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ Aug 16 2019, 08:16 PM)
I just have 1. Coincidentally one of my friend is looking for an android box to be used with his IPTV service, so I just sold that to him and purchase a new one.

Alice is nice but it is a bit slow. So now just plain UI. A bit faster and smoother.
good it worked out.

for common basic apps use, tx3mini is great, zero complaint.... and cheap!

and yes, alice works better on a more powerful chipset.
even_steven
post Aug 17 2019, 10:09 AM

On my way
510 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Aug 16 2019, 10:21 PM)
good it worked out.

for common basic apps use, tx3mini is great, zero complaint.... and cheap!

and yes, alice works better on a more powerful chipset.
Thanks to all of you guys contribution in this thread. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Without all your assistance I will be lost in the confusing realm of android box and the problematic astro go apps. LOL
password8431
post Aug 17 2019, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Aug 9 2019, 01:04 AM)
password8431, hope you can update your initial post given what the recommended seller wrote.
QUOTE(even_steven @ Aug 16 2019, 04:46 PM)
user posted image

Best part, no Alice UI.
Edited my First post to reflect on the recent changes and discussions.
Please highlight to me if the information is incorrect.

EDIT 17 August :-
Tx3 still remains the best value box to run the new Astro Go new app v2.192.5/AC/9.2.5.
However, do take note that only Tx3 mini Android 7.1.2 is suitable at the moment.
Most of the new batch of stocks are Tx3 Mini Android 8.1 with Alice UX which is not suitable.

Majority of the contributors to this thread bought from this Shopee seller which still has lots of Android 7 stocks :-
https://shopee.com.my/linglang.my

If you do buy from this seller or any other seller, please make sure you are getting Android 7.1.2 and suitable to run Astro Go Version 8.2.6 (modded) or Astro Go v2.192.5.
Ask the seller specifically what Android Version you are getting, even though the Description says it is Android 7. OEM manufacturers has released Android 8 Tx3 mini which is not suitable for Astro Go or Unifi Play TV at the time this post. It seems they are working on this issue.

This post has been edited by password8431: Aug 17 2019, 05:06 PM
deckhand
post Aug 17 2019, 05:46 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Mar 9 2019, 12:34 AM)
Agree with what has been writen above.
The best entry level box for first time users of Android Boxes.

FOUR months ago, I was a noob in this field. Back then, been reading a lot in here of recommendation getting RM300-600 branded boxes.
I  only wanted to to run Astro-On-the Go and Unifi Play TV, anything else is bonus. Jargons such as side loading, root, set orientation app,TWRP, recovery mode, etc etc was getting to my head.

Instead of asking for help in here, I jump right in and ask online sellers instead.
Mostly I only asks two Questions :-
a) Can the box run Astro-On-the GO and Unifi Play TV
b) What form of after sales support can I get.

I ended buying a Tx3 mini for only RM118 and other essential accessories, and met probably the BEST SELLER IN SHOPEE.
Technically sound, Honest and patient seller. Patient in answering all my doubts of android boxes. Came to a point, I was embarrassed to ask more questions. I have bought more expensive stuff and never ask that many questions before putting down payment.
Most importantly, a dedicated seller who responds to my queries with diligence and honesty up until late in the night. By far the most impressive seller who not only packs the box in a BIG AIR PACK bubble before delivery, but also provided SUPERB after sales service, with tips, help and apps to get me going.

Four months later, every day running 10 hours on average, the Tx3 mini is still going strong.
I have installed all imaginable streaming apps available free online, and some from the seller, the box performs well.
Yes there were crashes every now and then, but I felt I installed way too many apps. I monitored the memory, and removed unused apps taking up RAM memory. I have not even had to do any factory rest till today.
Get the 2 GB version as mentioned above. It is a must, if you want to install the freely available apps given.
Even though I don't have any issues with wifi in my surroundings, I still connect a LAN cable to the wifi router to make sure any problem arises is not due to the internet fault or wifi. Touch wood, no connection issues till today.

My only hesitation at first was why the seller doesn't pre-install apps like others sellers do.
The reason was of Legal issues promoting terms like Pre-install, Apps, Kodi  in the description, as that is barred in US and EU.

But I felt it is a good thing,  as I play with a bare bones box and learn my way around it. Instead of being populated with mass amount of apps and when things go wrong, I dunno where to start.

In fact, android boxes is no different to Android Mobile phones. If you use ES Explorer in your android phones, there shouldn't be any problem navigating any android box. For those who don't, then a handy USB drive is required to copy files and apps over to the box. It is not rocket science to install apps that are not available from Google Play Store. The seller will guide you step by step.

Google Play Store works perfectly but I suggest using a different Google account for the box for security reasons if you intend to try out all types of apps.
Overall, well worth the RM118 I spent. A great performing box for my needs, and an enjoyable experience buying from Shopee with the Shopee Chat.

You don't have to believe me, just check out other recent customers comment of the seller. Go read back up to 4 months ago.
Click Link below to find out more.

Most Impressive Seller in Shopee
https://shopee.com.my/TX3-Mini-Android-7.1-...2295.1428348152
Hi all, just wondering, I can see many people really wanna have astro on the go and unifi tv to be run smoothly with this android box. Does it mean we need to have both accounts? If you already have astro on the go account subscribed to some channel, why need to have it on the android box? Iā€™m a beginner btw šŸ˜…
Rudd
post Aug 17 2019, 10:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,120 posts

QUOTE(deckhand @ Aug 17 2019, 05:46 PM)
Hi all, just wondering, I can see many people really wanna have astro on the go and unifi tv to be run smoothly with this android box. Does it mean we need to have both accounts? If you already have astro on the go account subscribed to some channel, why need to have it on the android box? Iā€™m a beginner btw šŸ˜…
For unifitv, if you subscribe to 100mbps@rm129, you don't get free iptv stb anymore. So that's the reason.

As for astro otg, it's for non astro subscriber to watch astro content.

Account is needed, can ask relative/close friend to share. smile.gif
even_steven
post Aug 18 2019, 12:32 PM

On my way
510 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Aug 17 2019, 10:45 PM)
For unifitv, if you subscribe to 100mbps@rm129, you don't get free iptv stb anymore. So that's the reason.

As for astro otg, it's for non astro subscriber to watch astro content.

Account is needed, can ask relative/close friend to share. smile.gif
Plus, watching on the phone/pc is not as nice as watching with the tv in the hall.
AVFAN
post Aug 18 2019, 01:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,274 posts

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Aug 18 2019, 01:41 PM
vignaroli
post Aug 21 2019, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

suddenly found an option to flash sdcard/usb storage as internal , so i plug in my old SSD 128gb that eat dust a while to tx3 mini and format it as internal storage, it does boost the performance of the tv box as the interface feel so smooth...

Yet, i found that there is problem when i wanna shutdown the tx3 mini.. it stuck at shutdown loop and unable to turn off...

any sifu here can guide me what is the solution?
i end up just unplug the ssd and use back the internal storage 16gb
puchongite
post Aug 21 2019, 11:05 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,107 posts

QUOTE(vignaroli @ Aug 21 2019, 10:53 AM)
suddenly found an option to flash sdcard/usb storage as internal , so i plug in my old SSD 128gb that eat dust a while to tx3 mini and format it as internal storage, it does boost the performance of the tv box as the interface feel so smooth...

Yet, i found that there is problem when i wanna shutdown the tx3 mini.. it stuck at shutdown loop and unable to turn off...

any sifu here can guide me what is the solution?
i end up just unplug the ssd and use back the internal storage 16gb
How do you shutdown ? From the launcher ?

In my box, there is a configuration which says the "power button" on the remote is supposed to "sleep/suspend" or to "shutdown". Maybe you are choosing "sleep/suspend", which sometimes it does not work properly.
RagingBalls
post Aug 21 2019, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

Isnt this what the MCMC threatening to go after? Is it still legal? hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
azwandy
post Aug 21 2019, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(RagingBalls @ Aug 21 2019, 12:09 PM)
Isnt this what the MCMC threatening to go after? Is it still legal?  hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
astrogo is legal.. for me this is much more better than the wayang people got mcmc/sirim approval boxes but full of illegal astro channels..

22 Pages « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0873sec    2.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 10:06 PM