Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tx3 mini tv box, Tx3 mini review

views

AVFAN
post Aug 21 2019, 01:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,222 posts

QUOTE(vignaroli @ Aug 21 2019, 10:53 AM)
suddenly found an option to flash sdcard/usb storage as internal , so i plug in my old SSD 128gb that eat dust a while to tx3 mini and format it as internal storage, it does boost the performance of the tv box as the interface feel so smooth...

Yet, i found that there is problem when i wanna shutdown the tx3 mini.. it stuck at shutdown loop and unable to turn off...

any sifu here can guide me what is the solution?
i end up just unplug the ssd and use back the internal storage 16gb
adopting ext storage as internal may not be so straightforward.

the firmware need to be able to have that feature.... and i dun think this box has it.

likely to get strange I/O issues.
ab21cn
post Aug 22 2019, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

found seller have android 7 or 8 selection for tx3mini
https://shopee.com.my/TX3-mini-Android-7.1-...5430.1582020883
SCThong
post Yesterday, 01:42 PM

20 posts

By the way, is this new AstroGo app v 2.192 still in beta phase?

Seems to me all the updates are all v2.192 with just different build. So I presume the whole system is still very much in beta phase. I have a funny feeling this app has HDMI detection built in and others, just not activated yet until the real release.

All the different builds merely to address bugs but more importantly to test out security measures and to counter potential hacks on the app Ultimately Astro goal is to hamper it being used on TV.

I highly doubt, Astro will allow One Astro Account and have 5 house hold using it (1 Decoder + 4 AstroGo)
AVFAN
post Yesterday, 04:13 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,222 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Aug 24 2019, 01:42 PM)
By the way,  is this new AstroGo app v 2.192 still in beta phase?

Seems to me all the updates are all v2.192  with just different build. So I presume the whole system is still very much in beta phase.  I have a funny feeling this app has HDMI detection built in and others, just not activated yet until the real release.

All the different builds merely to address bugs but more importantly to test out security measures and to counter potential hacks on the app  Ultimately Astro goal is to hamper it being used on TV.

I highly doubt, Astro will allow One Astro Account and have 5 house hold using it (1 Decoder + 4 AstroGo)
it is official... it is in google playstore.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...tro.astro&hl=en

but only mobile and certain boxes can install/update direct on playstore.
others need to sideload:
https://apkpure.com/astro-go-watch-tv-shows...com.astro.astro

for the time being, the max 4 devices seems to be "loose"... if u install on pc or use old v8.2.6, these seem not to count towards the regular 4!

AVFAN
post Yesterday, 04:17 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,222 posts

QUOTE(tohca @ Aug 24 2019, 01:52 PM)
Just got my TX3 Mini Android 8.1. Hope someone can help me get my unifi play tv going. I'm able to run the app and even successfully login, however when i click on WATCH or watch now it won't run and i get an error message saying something wrong with the device (111).
read last few pages... a lot discussed... in summary:

older batch of tx3mini is android7 with option to close root.
new batche is android8, no option to close root.
closing root is required to run unifi playtv or astrogo apps.
closing root with superSU or others can be tricky, can brick yr box, so do be careful.

there are sellers now offering a choice of android7 or 8, read back.
tohca
post Yesterday, 05:17 PM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Aug 24 2019, 04:17 PM)
read last few pages... a lot discussed... in summary:

older batch of tx3mini is android7 with option to close root.
new batche is android8, no option to close root.
closing root is required to run unifi playtv or astrogo apps.
closing root with superSU or others can be tricky, can brick yr box, so do be careful.

there are sellers now offering a choice of android7 or 8, read back.
Yes I have read /followed from the first page, but a little confused. I bought from the seller who promised that the device is unrooted and can run both Aotg and playtv. BTW how to check if device is rooted and unrooted? (another confusing term, all the while I thought our smartphones are unrooted and that you need to root it to run certain app. But now it seems the reverse).
tohca
post Yesterday, 05:35 PM

On my way
526 posts

Can't find Astro Go on Google Play. Is this the same as My Astro?
deckhand
post Yesterday, 06:04 PM

23 posts

Hi Guys, again Newbies asking question. So to install this AOTG and HyppTv need to purchase that in 7.1.2 version and need to unroot by ourselves, then download both apk to install. I have few questions:

1. For AOTG some have shared the apk file or may can be downloaded thru play store, but for HyppTv?
2. When installed Hypptv, what need to do? Or can straight away play, need any account like AOTG too?
3. If I bought other android box i.e. T9 Tv box, does the box have to be in 7.1.2 version also or this only applicable for this Tx3 for me to run Hypptv and AOTG smoothly? - Well, I’m planning to buy T9 since have a better memory (4GB) with affordable price

AVFAN
post Yesterday, 07:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,222 posts

QUOTE(tohca @ Aug 24 2019, 05:17 PM)
Yes I have read /followed from the first page, but a little confused. I bought from the seller who promised that the device is unrooted and can run both Aotg and playtv. BTW how to check if device is rooted and unrooted? (another confusing term, all the while I thought our smartphones are unrooted and that you need to root it to run certain app. But now it seems the reverse).
check with yr seller - either is not actually unrooted or unrooting failed or incomplete.
then again, if seller is not local, never used playtv or astrogo, he may not understand the problem.
i do not know enough of this tx3 mini android8 firmware, can't comment more.
like another user, u can try to sell off this one and buy another android7 - it's only rm105.
pls, pls, read back - al ot has been said, useful info.

QUOTE(tohca @ Aug 24 2019, 05:35 PM)
Can't find Astro Go on Google Play. Is this the same as My Astro?
this box firmware, like many others, is not compatible with the app, u won't find in playstore.
there are only a few that can do that, just like u can get direct with mobile phones and tablets.
u need to sideload this:
https://apkpure.com/astro-go-watch-tv-shows...com.astro.astro

QUOTE(deckhand @ Aug 24 2019, 06:04 PM)
Hi Guys, again Newbies asking question. So to install this AOTG and HyppTv need to purchase that in 7.1.2 version and need to unroot by ourselves, then download both apk to install. I have few questions:

1. For AOTG some have shared the apk file or may can be downloaded thru play store, but for HyppTv?
2. When installed Hypptv, what need to do? Or can straight away play, need any account like AOTG too?
3. If I bought other android box i.e. T9 Tv box, does the box have to be in 7.1.2 version also or this only applicable for this Tx3 for me to run Hypptv and AOTG smoothly? - Well, I’m planning to buy T9 since have a better memory (4GB) with affordable price
1. astrogo, read above.
2. playtv... yes, u need account, i.e. ID/PW from existing user.
use current 7.9.8 tablet/PAD version.
https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.huawei.pad.tm/
3. it is not about android7 or 8 - that is specific to TX3 mini.
"T9"... there are T9, TX9, TX9pro, T9xxx... which one?
generally, for playtv and astrogo to work, the box must be android5 or higher, unrooted. some boxes still dun work... maybe very poor firmware.

Rudd
post Today, 12:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,114 posts

QUOTE(ab21cn @ Aug 22 2019, 11:22 AM)
found seller have android 7 or 8 selection for tx3mini
https://shopee.com.my/TX3-mini-Android-7.1-...5430.1582020883
The catch is only 1 month warranty.
mistiban P
post Today, 09:47 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Aug 25 2019, 12:39 AM)
The catch is only 1 month warranty.
but does it work?
tohca
post Today, 01:14 PM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Aug 24 2019, 07:25 PM)
check with yr seller - either is not actually unrooted or unrooting failed or incomplete.
then again, if seller is not local, never used playtv or astrogo, he may not understand the problem.
i do not know enough of this tx3 mini android8 firmware, can't comment more.
like another user, u can try to sell off this one and buy another android7 - it's only rm105.
pls, pls, read back - al ot has been said, useful info.
this box firmware, like many others, is not compatible with the app, u won't find in playstore.
there are only a few that can do that, just like u can get direct with mobile phones and

Thanks, really appreciate your input.

20 Pages « < 18 19 20Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0711sec    1.84    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 07:36 PM