Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tx3 mini tv box, Tx3 mini review

views

TSAymenazwer
post Jan 13 2019, 05:08 PM, updated 9 months ago

0 posts

Any tx3 mini users here?? How long have you used it and have you faced any issues with it yet?? Pls let me know
mych
post Jan 17 2019, 08:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,068 posts

no issues. Best to connect with LAN cable
password8431
post Jan 18 2019, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

EDIT 17 August :-
Tx3 still remains the best value box to run the new Astro Go new app v2.192.5/AC/9.2.5.
However, do take note that only Tx3 mini Android 7.1.2 is suitable at the moment.
Most of the new batch of stocks are Tx3 Mini Android 8.1 with Alice UX which is not suitable.

Majority of the contributors to this thread bought from this Shopee seller which still has lots of Android 7 stocks :-
https://shopee.com.my/linglang.my

If you do buy from this seller or any other seller, please make sure you are getting Android 7.1.2 and suitable to run Astro Go Version 8.2.6 (modded) or Astro Go v2.192.5.
Ask the seller specifically what Android Version you are getting, even though the Description says it is Android 7. OEM manufacturers has released Android 8 Tx3 mini which is not suitable for Astro Go or Unifi Play TV at the time of this post. It seems they are working on this issue.

=================================================================
EDIT 29 April :- 3 months later and came back to read the first 8 pages of this thread, and others confirm Tx3 Mini is a
'BANG FOR BUCK android box'...
'it is a no brainer, best value for money for simple use'...AVFAN
It is also the cheapest box that can run UNIFI PLAY TV app fro Google Play Store and Modded ASTRO ON THE GO v8.2.6 official app.

Majority of the contributors to this thread bought from this Shopee

https://shopee.com.my/linglang.my

============================================================================
============================================================================

This box has been around for a few years.
I believe there are a few manufacturers manufacturing the same design.
What is different is merely the branding on the box.

I think even the kernel and rom is the same for all the different manufacturers (I might be wrong)

Because it has been so long, its hardware and software is pretty stable. Not much problem of crash or brick.

Albeit, 1GB is not recommended to get unless you know what apps you want to install. And Generally recommended not more than a handful of extra apps on top of the already built in Android 7.1. The android OS plus all the google play/services stuff.. can take up to a big chunk out of the 1GB ram.

Mostly recommend 2GB ram, as it should be sufficient for most casual users.

Generally, the hardcore experts now play with 3GB or 4GB ram boxes.

However with that being said, the TX3 is the best affordable ENTRY-LEVEL box for new enthusiast in to this field. It can handle a lot and perform admirably for the low price.

That is why you see lots of "a-hem"sellers, sell their stuff with this box.

This post has been edited by password8431: Aug 17 2019, 05:08 PM
password8431
post Jan 18 2019, 07:22 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(mych @ Jan 17 2019, 08:55 PM)
no issues. Best to connect with LAN cable
Not just this box.. most of the other boxes (even latest models) suffer internet speed degradation from 2.4G wifi performance.

5G is always recommended, but 5G is best when the router is in the same room.
But if the router in the same room, might as well just connect Ethernet LAN cable...lol

If Wifi Router is far or in another room.. 2.4G wifi is the better option in most cases, unless your house is surrounded with a lot of neighbours' wifi routers also on 2.4G. Then guarantee, got problem.. only Channel 1,6,11 on the band spectrum does not interfere with each other. no matter which channel you set, you are guaranteed to have a clash with neighbours wifi. Thus you won't get your full internet speed.

As said by mych, best to connect a LAN Cable.

password8431
post Jan 18 2019, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(Aymenazwer @ Jan 13 2019, 05:08 PM)
Any tx3 mini users here?? How long have you used it and have you faced any issues with it yet?? Pls let me know
Are you planning to get a box to go with your Unifi Internet that doesn't come with STB ?

I have been reading that new Unifi fibre internet package doesn't come with STB anymore to watch free HypptV channels.
adisonz
post Jan 27 2019, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

so far so good and very cheap also just RM 150
SCThong
post Mar 9 2019, 12:34 AM

20 posts

Agree with what has been writen above.
The best entry level box for first time users of Android Boxes.

FOUR months ago, I was a noob in this field. Back then, been reading a lot in here of recommendation getting RM300-600 branded boxes.
I only wanted to to run Astro-On-the Go and Unifi Play TV, anything else is bonus. Jargons such as side loading, root, set orientation app,TWRP, recovery mode, etc etc was getting to my head.

Instead of asking for help in here, I jump right in and ask online sellers instead.
Mostly I only asks two Questions :-
a) Can the box run Astro-On-the GO and Unifi Play TV
b) What form of after sales support can I get.

I ended buying a Tx3 mini for only RM118 and other essential accessories, and met probably the BEST SELLER IN SHOPEE.
Technically sound, Honest and patient seller. Patient in answering all my doubts of android boxes. Came to a point, I was embarrassed to ask more questions. I have bought more expensive stuff and never ask that many questions before putting down payment.
Most importantly, a dedicated seller who responds to my queries with diligence and honesty up until late in the night. By far the most impressive seller who not only packs the box in a BIG AIR PACK bubble before delivery, but also provided SUPERB after sales service, with tips, help and apps to get me going.

Four months later, every day running 10 hours on average, the Tx3 mini is still going strong.
I have installed all imaginable streaming apps available free online, and some from the seller, the box performs well.
Yes there were crashes every now and then, but I felt I installed way too many apps. I monitored the memory, and removed unused apps taking up RAM memory. I have not even had to do any factory rest till today.

Get the 2 GB version as mentioned above. It is a must, if you want to install the freely available apps given.
Even though I don't have any issues with wifi in my surroundings, I still connect a LAN cable to the wifi router to make sure any problem arises is not due to the internet fault or wifi. Touch wood, no connection issues till today.

My only hesitation at first was why the seller doesn't pre-install apps like others sellers do.
The reason was of Legal issues promoting terms like Pre-install, Apps, Kodi in the description, as that is barred in US and EU.

But I felt it is a good thing, as I play with a bare bones box and learn my way around it. Instead of being populated with mass amount of apps and when things go wrong, I dunno where to start.

In fact, android boxes is no different to Android Mobile phones. If you use ES Explorer in your android phones, there shouldn't be any problem navigating any android box. For those who don't, then a handy USB drive is required to copy files and apps over to the box. It is not rocket science to install apps that are not available from Google Play Store. The seller will guide you step by step.

Google Play Store works perfectly but I suggest using a different Google account for the box for security reasons if you intend to try out all types of apps.

Overall, well worth the RM118 I spent. A great performing box for my needs, and an enjoyable experience buying from Shopee with the Shopee Chat.

You don't have to believe me, just check out other recent customers comment of the seller. Go read back up to 4 months ago.
Click Link below to find out more.

Most Impressive Seller in Shopee
https://shopee.com.my/TX3-Mini-Android-7.1-...2295.1428348152

This post has been edited by SCThong: Mar 17 2019, 01:35 AM
arvind13
post Mar 14 2019, 12:54 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Mar 9 2019, 12:34 AM)
Agree with what has been writen above.
The best entry level box for first time users of Android Boxes.

FOUR months ago, I was a noob in this field. Back then, been reading a lot in here of recommendation getting RM300-600 branded boxes.
I  only wanted to to run Astro-On-the Go and Unifi Play TV, anything else is bonus. Jargons such as side loading, root, set orientation app,TWRP, recovery mode, etc etc was getting to my head.

Instead of asking for help in here, I jump right in and ask online sellers instead.
Mostly I only asks two Questions :-
a) Can the box run Astro-On-the GO and Unifi Play TV
b) What form of after sales support can I get.

I ended buying a Tx3 mini for only RM118 and other essential accessories, and met probably the BEST Shopee Seller.
Technically sound, Honest and patient seller. Patient in answering all my doubts of android boxes. Came to a point, I was embarrassed to ask more questions. I have bought more expensive stuff and never ask that many questions before putting down payment.
Most importantly, a dedicated seller who responds to my queries with diligence and honesty up until late in the night. By far the most impressive seller who not only packs the box in a BIG AIR PACK bubble before delivery, but also provided SUPERB after sales service, with tips, help and apps to get me going.

Four months later, every day running 10 hours on average, the Tx3 mini is still going strong.
I have installed all imaginable streaming apps available free online, and some from the seller, the box performs well.
Yes there were crashes every now and then, but I felt I installed way too many apps. I monitored the memory, and removed unused apps taking up RAM memory. I have not even had to do any factory rest till today.
Get the 2 GB version as mentioned above. It is a must, if you want to install the freely available apps given.
Even though I don't have any issues with wifi in my surroundings, I still connect a LAN cable to the wifi router to make sure any problem arises is not due to the internet fault or wifi. Touch wood, no connection issues till today.

My only hesitation at first was why the seller doesn't pre-install apps like others sellers do.
The reason was of Legal issues promoting terms like Pre-install, Apps, Kodi  in the description, as that is barred in US and EU.

But I felt it is a good thing,  as I play with a bare bones box and learn my way around it. Instead of being populated with mass amount of apps and when things go wrong, I dunno where to start.

In fact, android boxes is no different to Android Mobile phones. If you use ES Explorer in your android phones, there shouldn't be any problem navigating any android box. For those who don't, then a handy USB drive is required to copy files and apps over to the box. It is not rocket science to install apps that are not available from Google Play Store. The seller will guide you step by step.

Google Play Store works perfectly but I suggest using a different Google account for the box for security reasons if you intend to try out all types of apps.
Overall, well worth the RM118 I spent. A great performing box for my needs, and an enjoyable experience buying from Shopee with the Shopee Chat.

You don't have to believe me, just check out other recent customers comment of the seller. Go read back up to 4 months ago.
Click Link below to find out more.

Most Impressive Seller in Shopee
So can this box run Astro-On-the GO and Unifi Play TV although box comes as Rooted from factory. hmm.gif

wanek
post Mar 14 2019, 03:48 PM

2 + 2 = 5
756 posts

QUOTE(arvind13 @ Mar 14 2019, 12:54 PM)
So can this box run Astro-On-the GO and Unifi Play TV although box comes as Rooted from factory.  hmm.gif
must unroot device 1st... then can run Astro-On-the GO and Unifi Play TV.
arvind13
post Mar 15 2019, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(wanek @ Mar 14 2019, 03:48 PM)
A'ah i see.. Thought as much..

Thanks mate.. rclxms.gif
sailou
post Mar 15 2019, 02:27 PM

On my way
545 posts

Sir, how to unroot? Been trying for days.

Can please enlighten? Thanks.
SCThong
post Mar 15 2019, 07:09 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(arvind13 @ Mar 14 2019, 12:54 PM)
So can this box run Astro-On-the GO and Unifi Play TV although box comes as Rooted from factory.  hmm.gif
Settings>More Settings> Superuser >Close Root Access

Indeed, 4 months ago before meeting the seller, I am of the understanding of the need to close root access via some highly technical procedure to run Unify and AstroGo. When I received the box I found this setting. But that is only one half of the solution, the other half would require help from the seller.

user posted image

SCThong
post Mar 15 2019, 07:20 PM

20 posts

To permanently Unroot the Tx3 Mini box, I have no idea how it is done. I read about it, but don't dare to do it. It involves editing a file and deleting some bin files.

Another method of unrooting, is to install one particular app from Playstore to a close root,I think SU or SUperSU, but that will brick the Tx3 box.

The usual recommended method for ALL BOXES is to mod the box with TWRP recovery, reroot using MagisK to hide the root access from whatever apps you wish. As to the step by step process, I have not done it. I heard others say it is quite easy. But there is always a risk of brick if we do it wrongly.

Instead of taking the risk, I stick with just changing the setting which is available in the custom side bar of the Tx3 Mini.

This post has been edited by SCThong: Mar 15 2019, 07:24 PM
arvind13
post Mar 18 2019, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Mar 15 2019, 07:09 PM)

Indeed, 4 months ago before meeting the seller, I am of the understanding of  the need to close root access via some highly technical procedure to run Unify and AstroGo.  When I received the box I found this setting. But that is only one half of the solution, the other half would require help from the seller.
user posted image
Thanks bruh.. good info to know... notworthy.gif
sailou
post Mar 19 2019, 06:11 PM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Mar 15 2019, 07:09 PM)

Indeed, 4 months ago before meeting the seller, I am of the understanding of  the need to close root access via some highly technical procedure to run Unify and AstroGo.  When I received the box I found this setting. But that is only one half of the solution, the other half would require help from the seller.
user posted image
This method not working with Astro Go. Been trying various methods but failed.
SCThong
post Mar 20 2019, 02:31 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(sailou @ Mar 19 2019, 06:11 PM)
This method not working with Astro Go. Been trying various methods but failed.
Yeah, that is why I mentioned closing the root is only part of the solution.
I think the proper hardware or correct rom/kernel is also required for it to work along with mod apks.
I don't think all Tx3 mini are build the same.

I read there are Tanix branded tx3, original OEM hardware tx3, there are also unofficial hardware copies of tx3 manufacturers, and some even sells refurbished boxes (dunno what it is meaning of refurbished??).

But I got Astro and Unify working using the tx3 mini I bought from the seller mentioned in my earlier post.
myyhaze
post Mar 21 2019, 09:15 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Mar 20 2019, 02:31 PM)
Yeah, that is why I mentioned closing the root is only part of the solution.
I think the proper hardware or correct rom/kernel is also required for it to work along with mod apks.
I don't think all Tx3 mini are build the same.

I read there are Tanix branded tx3, original OEM hardware tx3, there are also unofficial hardware copies of tx3 manufacturers, and some even sells refurbished boxes (dunno what it is meaning of refurbished??).

But I got Astro and Unify working using the tx3 mini I bought from the seller mentioned in my earlier post.
I bought TX3 mini from Lazada a month ago. it seems that they made revision to the board. refer to https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewtopic.php?t=582. At the back of the box is written TX3 Mini-A. It seem that it using tX3 mini-L firmware as when i flash with TX3 mini dual OS it brick the box. managed to unbrick using method in the froum above method and reflash with firmware i got from https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...c-android-7-1-1 but it seem that today the website is down. managed to save the google drive link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NZW..._a-lxiUQrmH4r96 (need to acknowledege the contributor for this)

My question is how do u manage to run Astro On The Go. I have use the close the root option. Cannot run since it detect JB/Root. install Exposed framework and i manage to run Astro On the GO but when i play the content, only saw the spinning icon. can help?
SCThong
post Mar 21 2019, 01:54 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(myyhaze @ Mar 21 2019, 09:15 AM)
I bought TX3 mini from Lazada a month ago. it seems that they made revision to the board. refer to https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewtopic.php?t=582. At the back of the box is written TX3 Mini-A. It seem that it using tX3 mini-L firmware as when i flash with TX3 mini dual OS it brick the box. managed to unbrick using method in the froum above method and reflash with firmware i got from https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...c-android-7-1-1 but it seem that today the website is down. managed to save the google drive link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NZW..._a-lxiUQrmH4r96 (need to acknowledege the contributor for this)

My question is how do u manage to run Astro On The Go. I have use the close the root option. Cannot run since it detect JB/Root. install Exposed framework and i manage to run Astro On the GO but when i play the content, only saw the spinning icon. can help?
Let me get this straight first, I am just an end-user like many in here. I could feel your frustrations of trying to get your Tx3 Mini to run AstroGo. I consider myself extremely lucky to have bought my Tx3 mini from THIS SELLER [click here], and not have to go through the experience you went through. Albeit I was prepared to experiment in case it didn't work, if too bad - I just take the RM118 as a total loss and get another box. Alas, my Tx3 only needed a setting change and a modded apk to work. I sincerely do not if the seller has made any modifications prior delivery and didn't tell me about it.

For your case, I would advise you to go straight back to your seller and ask for guidance. However I sincerely doubt they even know or have the expertise. Even if they know, a lot of them I notice would not divulge these trade secrets. I can understand that this is their rice and bowl and very hesitant to tell. In the past 4 months, I have met with people like you asking for help in facebook groups. There are online sellers that bluntly tell them, to google about it and the sellers are hesitant to spell it out step by step.

At the very best, they will give some very vague hints, or general process. When asks for more info, they won't respond anymore.

I can tell you everything here of what I do know.

There are essentially 2 other ways apart from the one I have performed that uses mod APK.
1) I am sure you have read apps.atvxperience.com. In there there is some guide on how to install TWRP and reroot with MagisK to hide root from any apps you want.

2)Unroot the box and thus can use official app.
Method a) Edit build prop. Then delete system file
Method b) Edit build prop. Use SuperSU(V2.xx)

there are other mothods as you mentioned, app exposed n rootcloak. Sometimes reported works, others don't.
Others even reported using the SuperSU and tap full unroot works, but again it only works when the proper hardware, kernel and SuperSU version is correctly employed. Other wise soft brick will happen whereby the box cannot boot up.

Google about it, or consult your supplier.
Other wise just get another cheap box that runs AstroGo and Unifi and nothing else.
[Click Here RM88 ONLY] for a 1GB RAM 8 GB ROM just to run Astro and Unifi.
SCThong
post Mar 21 2019, 02:08 PM

20 posts

A contributor posted this link, and didn't explain more. Told us to do our own research, as he himself is an online seller and is hesitant to teach his business competitors.

https://androidpctv.com/tutorial-how-to-rem...ce-easy-unroot/
ab21cn
post Mar 23 2019, 07:52 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

recommend local seller, ship faster and come with pre-installed apps and free IPTV:
1G RAM+8G ROM
https://shopee.com.my/TX3-mini-Android-7.1-...5430.1582014676
2G RAM+16G ROM
https://shopee.com.my/TX3-mini-Android-7.1-...5430.1582020883
Order at wed night, seller send out at the next day, very fast delivery by pos laju. Inside have alot iptv app , i think 1gb ram is no enough for this tv box, better buy 2gb ram. Anywhere very good service from seller

This post has been edited by ab21cn: Mar 23 2019, 07:56 AM

23 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0369sec    2.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 05:55 PM