Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

views

babylon52281
post Oct 31 2018, 10:15 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Oct 31 2018, 08:57 PM)
i hit 5 years first ......my mileage now only 40k and i'm on 70k service already next 80k service really crazy rm700

seldom use my car coz i work in oversea sometime my parent drive go pasar only since they also got their own car thats why my car battery always spoil they forgot to start for me.

The reverse sensor didnt drive also can spoil really surprise but lucky honda warranty them for me

I think no point also for continuing at SC .....now i can go test better motor oil lol ....try voltronic and add liqui moly ceratec test test

But i think CVTF still go back SC change coz seems like honda gearbox very sensitive .....
Then I would suggest you change CVT oil during ur last service in SC just before 5th year anniversary.

As for engine oil, I would advice stick to buying Honda's aftermarket oil (fully syth). I had bad experience with my parents Myvi using non-P2 oil and it made the engine less responsive & jerky. Even after draining and replace back with P2 oil, still the problem persist until now.

Just an advice.
mushigen
post Oct 31 2018, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(hc7840 @ Oct 31 2018, 08:48 PM)

Know why this happen? thought with esc/vsa, this is not supposed to happen? 70km/h not not too fast also ma. tayar botak?
1. That variant might not have VSA
2. VSA cannot fight laws of physics
3. Other factor (s) might be causing the crash - broken control arm, broken drive shaft, puncture, playing with hp or unmentionable body parts.
cofin
post Oct 31 2018, 10:49 PM

Finally
1,727 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 31 2018, 10:15 PM)
Then I would suggest you change CVT oil during ur last service in SC just before 5th year anniversary.

As for engine oil, I would advice stick to buying Honda's aftermarket oil (fully syth). I had bad experience with my parents Myvi using non-P2 oil and it made the engine less responsive & jerky. Even after draining and replace back with P2 oil, still the problem persist until now.

Just an advice.
Yea the 80k service is change brake fluid and gear oil... Then I would go for the 90k too coz it's the last free labour(I cheapskate) lol... Then 100k change spark plug I buy and change myself as I see ngk iridium the same model only 270 compare to Honda 380
babylon52281
post Oct 31 2018, 10:50 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(hc7840 @ Oct 31 2018, 08:48 PM)

Know why this happen? thought with esc/vsa, this is not supposed to happen? 70km/h not not too fast also ma. tayar botak?
Wowzers! That City nearly collected the innocent Axia. Must have scared the shits out of the Axia driver.

Wet road, probably no VSA like what nordingh suspected, way too fast, hardbraking during a turn. I am very well familiar with that stretch, a left uphill with right downhill that bends to left again just before a short straight up to the ramp, I would normally start braking as soon as I clear the top, but as a long gradual braking, not hard like that driver did. I suspect that person panicked and overbrake, the City braking is hard to estimate accurately how much pressure to apply.

That person didn't totally lose the rear but did not immediately start countersteering (panic maybe) hence went straight into the barrier. Something similar happened to me once long time ago somewhere else, and I'm lucky I still alive.

This post has been edited by babylon52281: Oct 31 2018, 10:50 PM
babylon52281
post Oct 31 2018, 10:53 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(St.Paul @ Oct 31 2018, 09:16 PM)
Guys, i think my rear wheel bearing faulty as its noisy during drive. 4 years car can claim warranty?
I think wheel bearing is wear and tear parts. But no harm asking ur SC
babylon52281
post Oct 31 2018, 11:00 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Oct 31 2018, 10:49 PM)
Yea the 80k service is change brake fluid and gear oil... Then I would go for the 90k too coz it's the last free labour(I cheapskate) lol... Then 100k change spark plug I buy and change myself as I see ngk iridium the same model only 270 compare to Honda 380
FYI, spark plugs have special sockets to untighten them and take them out. Using wrong tool can break the sparkplugs within the engine and make removing them much much more difficult.

This post has been edited by babylon52281: Oct 31 2018, 11:00 PM
ViktorJ
post Oct 31 2018, 11:05 PM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 31 2018, 10:50 PM)
Wowzers! That City nearly collected the innocent Axia. Must have scared the shits out of the Axia driver.

Wet road, probably no VSA like what nordingh suspected, way too fast, hardbraking during a turn. I am very well familiar with that stretch, a left uphill with right downhill that bends to left again just before a short straight up to the ramp, I would normally start braking as soon as I clear the top, but as a long gradual braking, not hard like that driver did. I suspect that person panicked and overbrake, the City braking is hard to estimate accurately how much pressure to apply.

That person didn't totally lose the rear but did not immediately start countersteering (panic maybe) hence went straight into the barrier. Something similar happened to me once long time ago somewhere else, and I'm lucky I still alive.

Scared the dashcam driver as well sweat.gif

That city driver was driving really fast throughout, from around Menara Star
babylon52281
post Oct 31 2018, 11:21 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Oct 31 2018, 11:05 PM)
Scared the dashcam driver as well  sweat.gif

That city driver was driving really fast throughout, from around Menara Star
That was you bro? Yeah, was quite lucky that City went the opposite side but that person too was damn lucky cuz wasnt rammed by cars coming down all 3 lanes sweat.gif (I see a bus was about to go downhill too!), also I saw the City went up the kerb. That car would have a broken front suspension arms, oil sump and radiator, steering rack maybe, I didnt notice the airbags deployed so it saved on replacing the dashboard top.

On that stretch, I've seen it is very usual for cars to go way too fast and often just about clear those bends, most of them overestimate their racing "skills" and would makan into the center lane when braking going down the bend towards right.

This post has been edited by babylon52281: Oct 31 2018, 11:24 PM
ViktorJ
post Oct 31 2018, 11:25 PM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 31 2018, 11:21 PM)
That was you bro? Yeah, was quite lucky that City went the opposite side but that person too was damn lucky cuz wasnt rammed by cars coming down all 3 lanes  sweat.gif although I can see the City went up the kerb. That car would have a broken front suspension arms, oil sump and radiator, steering rack maybe, I didnt notice the airbags deployed so it saved on the replacing the dashboard top.

On that stretch, I've seen it is very usual for cars to go way too fast and often just about clear those bends, most of them overestimate their racing "skills" and would makan into the center lane when braking going down the bend towards right.
I'm the one who originally posted the video somewhere on /k. https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4684187&hl=

I think the City hit the leftside barricade with its roof, hopefully it didn't clear it completely and fall over. Its like a 2 story drop there off Semantan.

As some posters mentioned in the other thread, you are right. The City driver probably tried to enter the middle lane for a better 'racing line', but the Axia cut in without signal, surprising the City thus the awkward maneuver.

Pretty certain the airbags deployed, it looked pretty bad.

This post has been edited by ViktorJ: Oct 31 2018, 11:27 PM
babylon52281
post Oct 31 2018, 11:48 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Oct 31 2018, 11:25 PM)
I'm the one who originally posted the video somewhere on /k. https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4684187&hl=

I think the City hit the leftside barricade with its roof, hopefully it didn't clear it completely and fall over. Its like a 2 story drop there off Semantan.

As some posters mentioned in the other thread, you are right. The City driver probably tried to enter the middle lane for a better 'racing line', but the Axia cut in without signal, surprising the City thus the awkward maneuver.

Pretty certain the airbags deployed, it looked pretty bad.
I won't blame the Axia. It was already in the middle lane but makan the left lane. As i said, those going fast on right lane would also have makan into middle lane but this car didn't.

Not sure about the airbags. It looked like hit the car front corner then went up the kerb. AFAIK, front airbags only deploy on full frontal collision. So even if it was bad, certain conditions would still not deploy the airbags.

This post has been edited by babylon52281: Oct 31 2018, 11:50 PM
ViktorJ
post Nov 1 2018, 12:02 AM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 31 2018, 11:48 PM)
I won't blame the Axia. It was already in the middle lane but makan the left lane. As i said, those going fast on right lane would also have makan into middle lane but this car didn't.

Not sure about the airbags. It looked like hit the car front corner then went up the kerb. AFAIK, front airbags only deploy on full frontal collision. So even if it was bad, certain conditions would still not deploy the airbags.
Yeah you are probably right about the Axia.

And the airbags would probably not have helped much if it did go turtle.
babylon52281
post Nov 1 2018, 12:04 AM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Nov 1 2018, 12:02 AM)
Yeah you are probably right about the Axia.

And the airbags would probably not have helped much if it did go turtle.
After reading ur kopitiam tered, I can see why i don't go there. Lolz!
ViktorJ
post Nov 1 2018, 12:31 AM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(tbcheese @ Oct 31 2018, 02:11 PM)
Add front biased weight distribution for the City due to the central mounted fuel tank rather than under the rear seats. From the previous generation until now also the car likes to rotate while trail braking.
Is this true though?

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Nov 1 2018, 12:04 AM)
After reading ur kopitiam tered, I can see why i don't go there. Lolz!
Er yes, not proud to say I contribute to it blush.gif
lil_flank
post Nov 1 2018, 09:12 AM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 31 2018, 11:05 AM)
Thanks. Its not mentioned in website.
Yeah, they only mentioned in the Honda coolant but didnt specify which car model.
https://www.honda.com.my/service_maintenance/coolant

tbcheese
post Nov 1 2018, 09:24 AM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Nov 1 2018, 12:31 AM)
Is this true though?

Well yeah. Didn't have it weighed officially but I drove an '08 City for 7+ years. Had friends driving the '05 which lost the back end multiple times. Plus it's not hard to see how empty the rear is compared to the front.

wait.. dahell? Did the thread get merged? I remember replying in /k yesterday.

This post has been edited by tbcheese: Nov 1 2018, 09:26 AM
babylon52281
post Nov 1 2018, 11:01 AM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Nov 1 2018, 12:31 AM)
Is this true though?
I havent lost the rear on my City yet (touchwood!). Probably cuz i have VSA. So i cant confirm if City is easy to oversteer underbraking, but FL suspension seem to be set higher than pre-FL and I can feel a lot of bodyroll in corners. Coupled with the insensitive steering, I can see why the rear might suddenly lose grip.
cofin
post Nov 1 2018, 11:42 AM

Finally
1,727 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 31 2018, 11:00 PM)
FYI, spark plugs have special sockets to untighten them and take them out. Using wrong tool can break the sparkplugs within the engine and make removing them much much more difficult.
haha....not i change i will bring to my friend workshop to change .....he did tell me that when changing my sister Persona spark plug. If you never change spark plug also will have the same problem and if break inside then he say need to remove the whole thing to take it out so he say spark plug must change every 40k or 100k depend on the spark plug quality but people tend to ignore as normally outside service they always only help people change motor oil.
valegal
post Nov 1 2018, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(vvip @ Oct 30 2018, 02:52 PM)
Anyone experiencing driver seat feels kinda loose and slightly bouncing up when drive over bump in slightly higher speed?
Is seat under warranty?
i have the same question
vvip
post Nov 1 2018, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

Is it rusty??? 🤯

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
babylon52281
post Nov 1 2018, 12:13 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Nov 1 2018, 11:42 AM)
haha....not i change i will bring to my friend workshop to change .....he did tell me that when changing my sister Persona spark plug. If you never change spark plug also will have the same problem and if break inside then he say need to remove the whole thing to take it out so he say spark plug must change every 40k or 100k depend on the spark plug quality but people tend to ignore as normally outside service they always only help people change motor oil.
Lolz! When you said do urself, i thought its DIY.

Outside workshop service really depends, there are some good ones but most are semiskilled bawah pokok kind. It doesn't take much to setup a service workshop so a lot of unreliable pomen in market. Often SC will follows schedule and change things like sparkplugs before failure (hence the extra cost) while outside pomen only changes after failure, typically they will ask if you wanna change or not so it saves you cost unlike SC. Problem is, then the failures happens in between services leading to their bad rep.

I would say, the truly bad ones are those that didn't bother to check and advice on replacing before failure occurs. So far, I haven't encountered one yet. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(valegal @ Nov 1 2018, 11:46 AM)
i have the same question
I didn't feel my seat loose but the body feels very lifted when going over humps due to higher ground clearance/suspension.

584 Pages « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:48 PM