24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

views

mushigen
post Sep 21 2018, 01:45 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(NickedAsy @ Sep 20 2018, 09:06 PM)
My brake lock finally arrived. Now tengah hunting where's the socket to cucuk it laugh.gif
It's on the left side of driver side. You can feel with your left hand.
mushigen
post Sep 21 2018, 10:03 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(NickedAsy @ Sep 21 2018, 07:25 PM)
Ic ic. I'll try it tomorrow morning. The socket is exposed or got a panel need to open?
It's exposed. You just need to peed under the steering wheel (left side) with half of your body outside the car. Once you know where it is, you can raba raba with your left hand when you want to plug/unplug the OBD device. Do take note that the fitting is one way, i.e., it only connects in one orientation.
mushigen
post Sep 22 2018, 02:47 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(vvip @ Sep 22 2018, 12:02 AM)
is the current City (2017 FL) got wiper cap?
Yes, but not for long. Lol.
mushigen
post Sep 23 2018, 01:17 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

Anyone knows if the PIAA silicone wiper refills can fit our stock wipers?
I measured the width of the claw is as per specification of the piaa wipers: 6mm for the 14" and 8mm for the 26 inch.

Buying the full set is much more expensive.
mushigen
post Sep 23 2018, 01:27 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(godjai @ Sep 23 2018, 01:13 AM)
Until now I haven’t buy yet becoz I don like the function when push to P gear Auto Unlock.
I too prefer to have it unlock when engine off, instead of P. Sometimes we don't exit immediately upon putting to P.

QUOTE(EON @ Sep 23 2018, 07:40 AM)
If im not mistaken, it is settable. you can just turn off the Auto unlock for P gear.
Mine can choose to lock at D, or 10-15km/h speed. Both, however, unlock at P.

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ Sep 23 2018, 09:29 AM)
So far I cant find too.. those can turn off such as double signal
Mine can set whether you want hazard lights when:
1. You forget to disengage handbrake when driving off. Useless feature as hazard lights do nothing but cause unnecessary alarm to car behind yours
2. When engaging reverse gear. I turn this off as when I adjust my car when parallel parking, other drivers tend to think I'm leaving the lot.

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 23 2018, 11:43 AM)
Well, that's true but nowadays when just about everyone is a gangster on the road, a big size SUV will deter them from coming near you  thumbup.gif
Most road bullies drive Wira and Myvi. Unless your big SUV is a luxury brand, you cannot escape from them.
mushigen
post Sep 23 2018, 03:57 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(gsan @ Sep 23 2018, 02:28 PM)
Last night helped my friend who drive City-X limited edition to install tweeter on front door. His door panel damn firm, very hard to remove, no wonder no any rattling noise near door. Even after install pasang balik also still firm.
My FL door panel moves when I pull the door grab (the one we grab to close the door when we are in the car).
Heck, just about everything moves - roof liner, dashboard, and even body panels.
mushigen
post Sep 24 2018, 10:27 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(grinnfrownin @ Sep 24 2018, 09:13 PM)
Anyone can steal, from other honda users to bikers to mat rempit.

Solution: Super glue the shit out your wiper.

If lost, you can get cheapo rm 1 rm 2 cover at hardware shop at sell circular rubber cover. Forgot the sizing but I bought 4 and 5 and kept few in my car.
Lost my cap in East state, and replace, glue..So far still havent been stolen yet. And I can easily replace if some ass do take it.
Lol, I avoided my ori cap from being stolen by replacing them with el cheapo plastic cap from ACE. Purposely chose white colour to make them less attractive.
The original caps are used to cover the exposed bolt of the front seat rails. Attached Image
mushigen
post Sep 25 2018, 12:15 AM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ Sep 24 2018, 10:36 PM)
I use white too now.
Great minds think alike, lol.

QUOTE(grinnfrownin @ Sep 24 2018, 10:43 PM)
Bro, if I'm a mat rempit high on walter's white blue stuff washed down with ketum laced with rat poison oso I would not bother taking yours. That's ugly as sin.
I hope all of them think like you do. Indeed it's ugly, like a sore thumb. That's the idea.
mushigen
post Sep 25 2018, 08:51 AM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 25 2018, 01:24 AM)
Just to prevent theft, I wouldn't make my car ugly as fcuk. At least black is less obvious and if they steal it, there are spares for it.
Well, to each his own.
I am a practical guy. I prioritise functionality over aesthetic.
And I don't have to seethe with anger and think of evil ways to kill innocent bikers (like spraying their brake rotors with WD40) because if anyone does steal my white caps, that means he has the same mindset and I will be happy to let him have them.
mushigen
post Sep 25 2018, 01:10 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ Sep 25 2018, 09:30 AM)
I already use red, black and white.  Still can change anytime.

I already advice my friend and City owner in few FB group to change the cap. Some of them very stubborn, still want to use the original even after losing a few times. Some of them always think no one will steal it.
But end up come to me asking for my spare because I bought about 8 pairs at Ace before. Now just kept 3 pairs for my own use.

I don't care if that cap look ugly to some people, as long as I don't need to worry about it anymore, I would be happy to use it.

FYI, I almost losing the cap before when park my car at Times Square. I saw 2 persons standing near to my car, looking at the cap. Because I use ugly cap, they didn't take it and went away when I reach the car.

I use this one that time...  brows.gif  brows.gif
[attachmentid=10037974]
I bought the rubber type too, thinking rubber may seal better, but realised they are a bit loose and worry they might fly off and hurt innocent motorcyclists.

mushigen
post Sep 25 2018, 01:23 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 25 2018, 09:07 AM)
How very noble of you to these hand-itchy assh0les. Unfortunately, I am all too human and can't help but think that God give them brains not to be worse than animals.
It's called common sense. Nothing to do with being noble. If you get worked up over sholes easily, life will be tough and sad because sholes are everywhere. God gives us brain to think logically

If I tried to steel your ori wiper caps and found then glued tight, I'd damage your wiper stalk as revenge. In addition, if the caps are meant to be glued tight, I'd think Honda would have done it. So, those who glued their caps tight are maiming their own car just to avoid theft? I think it's stupid, but I won't go as far as telling the owners how stupid they are.

The best way to get rid of pests is to stop attracting them in the first place...unless you live in utopia where sholes did not exist or you could just wish them away.
mushigen
post Sep 25 2018, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 25 2018, 02:20 PM)
Well in life, some choose to avoid problems and some choose to tackle head on. I choose to be the latter.
Well, this reminds me of the days when I used to put bling bling stainless steel tyre air valve caps on my bike/car. It was once a popular fad and many of my friends actually tightened their steel tyre caps so hard that it required the use of spanner whenever they need to pump their tyres. After a while, the tread got worn out and they had to change the tyre valve biggrin.gif

I lost a few stainless steel caps, until I decided to just use normal rubber caps. All was well after that. I call this tackling problem head on with common sense, without having to cut my nose to spite the face.

mushigen
post Sep 25 2018, 02:50 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(aregip @ Sep 25 2018, 02:45 PM)
Regarding wiper cap, what I do is every time i go to Honda SC, i will remove it and put in my pocket because I noticed the cap sometimes being stolen by them and ask us to purchase another one..

Then, if i park my car at open place i.e. near motorcycle parking, i will remove it also.. So far my method save my wiper cap until now..  hehe

i think no need to put glue or replace it with chair / table cap..  For me i dont like it..
I thought the service advisor will indicate on the service form with a tick if your wiper caps are intact? I wonder what happens if they put a tick there and you find the caps missing.

Your method of preserving the caps is so extreme biggrin.gif . Hats off to you.
mushigen
post Sep 25 2018, 03:06 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(aregip @ Sep 25 2018, 02:57 PM)
No matter they tick or jot down or remark whatever, i will still remove it..  whistling.gif

its far away better than put glue or chair cap..  icon_rolleyes.gif
Really extreme biggrin.gif

I realise the wiper caps are for aesthetic reason, because the bolt does not protrude out from the nut. Even if the bolt become rusty, the nut can still be unscrewed out. Hence, if the cap gets stolen, I'll just leave it as it is. Learned this when I adjusted my wiper rest position to slightly lower. Few days back, the driver side wiper hit the A-pillar when I used the wiper at normal speed bangwall.gif

mushigen
post Sep 28 2018, 04:43 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(zuhaili87 @ Sep 27 2018, 10:46 AM)
Grats bro! Didn't know it took 5 months for Perodua. Lucky my wife just bought the myvi few months back while its not hot. Haha.
Since when has Myvi not been hot, especially the Adv model?
I went for test drive in end May, but SA couldn't promise delivery by Aug (no GST period).
It helped me decide on getting City, and I'm very happy I bought City instead
mushigen
post Oct 4 2018, 09:03 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(Arvinaaaaa @ Oct 3 2018, 10:26 PM)
Savings and investment is my main priority and hence A city will do for now..i can just live with the saga actually but the lack of safety features in the saga is a big factor for me in changing to the city/civic.
I think it's good that you recognise the poor safety aspect of using cheap old cars. Too many people go around bragging about how thrifty they are by driving a Myvi, Kancil, etc. One crash is all they need to negate all the savings, in terms of loss of income and quality of life - that's assuming they have medical insurance.
mushigen
post Oct 7 2018, 04:41 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Oct 7 2018, 12:39 PM)
Anyone here use this obd auto lock? Is it good? Can we off certain features like reverse/open door double signal?
Or can suggest me any better obd auto lock out there? biggrin.gif thanks
This looks like what I bought.
I disabled:
1. Hazard lights on in reverse gear (ppl will think I'm getting out of the lot when I'm adjusting the car)
2. Hazard lights when emergency braking (too sensitive, I activated a few times and each time it activates, you will have to wait it out as you cannot switch it off unlike the ESS). I'm not sure if Honda's own ESS will unlock the doors though.
3. Hazard lights on when you forget to fully release hand brake. There is already a chime to remind you and I don't want to confuse the driver behind.
mushigen
post Oct 7 2018, 04:53 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(vvip @ Oct 5 2018, 12:00 AM)
for E Spec, when off headlight, DRL brightest. When on low headlight, DRL dim down, no halogen lights on. When on full headlight, DRL and halogen both on,....
It is normal that off headlight shines brighter than on low headlight condition?
It's called daytime running light, so it will be too bright and dazzling when used at night with full brightness.

QUOTE(AureusX @ Oct 5 2018, 04:48 PM)
Yup. Need to put deposit for booking. 1% of the car price. Down payment is later only when the car arrives

Yay to a fellow car owner! biggrin.gif
I only paid RM500 as booking fee.
mushigen
post Oct 8 2018, 09:29 AM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Oct 7 2018, 08:26 PM)
Nice to know it can be disabled! smile.gif

Is there button to disable or need special tools?
There is a toothpick-like pin included to toggle the switches.
mushigen
post Oct 8 2018, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Oct 8 2018, 09:51 AM)
Alright thanks! I can order one today smile.gif
Now everyone can autolock...

I wish HM didn't omit this feature for Msian market. How much can they save?

24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0624sec    6.08    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th February 2020 - 07:26 AM