Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

108 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

4k tv under RM3k, Sony or Samsung or LG??

views

szecheng
post Nov 6 2018, 09:00 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(szecheng @ Nov 6 2018, 08:58 PM)
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.WFRG

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607

May consider this if 11/11 drop below 2k
Reason full array dimming and wide colour gamut
Question is durability
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.WLpo
This link indicate below 2k
haziqmckau
post Nov 6 2018, 09:11 PM

6 posts

Hi,

Need advice from all sifus here( i tumpang thread hehe). I'm looking for a 55" tv size. Usage primarily for watching astro,netflix,youtube and probably some gaming on my ps4 pro. The tv will be placed in the living room which is not too big, the lighting is neither too bright nor too dim either. I tried to keep my budget below 5k. Android TV doesnt really matter to me imo. Currently torn between a few options below:

1) Samsung NU8000
2) Sony X8500f
3) LG UK7500

haziqmckau
post Nov 6 2018, 09:36 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(haziqmckau @ Nov 6 2018, 09:11 PM)
Hi,

Need advice from all sifus here( i tumpang thread hehe). I'm looking for a 55" tv size. Usage primarily for watching astro,netflix,youtube and probably some gaming on my ps4 pro. The tv will be placed in the living room which is not too big, the lighting is neither too bright nor too dim either. I tried to keep my budget below 5k. Android TV doesnt really matter to me imo. Currently torn between a few options below:

1) Samsung NU8000
2) Sony X8500f
3) LG UK7500
Another mention

LGSK8000
szecheng
post Nov 6 2018, 10:33 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(haziqmckau @ Nov 6 2018, 09:36 PM)
Another mention

LGSK8000
Sony x85f
takwah
post Nov 7 2018, 01:47 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 6 2018, 05:32 PM)
I actually don't understand what's up with pricing of nu7400 , the 55"  is barely 3.2 k but the 65 " is almost double of it .
Especially when the model belongs to one of the basic 4k TV family .
The NU7400 has more smart TV features , such as the smart remote with voice control , cable management , the support of 5ghz WIFI , blue tooth etc etc .
It is also capable of producing HDR colors a bit better than the NU7100 .

Normally I wouldn't suggest paying so much more over the NU7100 , but since you are primarily playing games , the HDR performance should be within your consideration.
Regardless , if you end up paying 5-6k for a 65" TV , might as well get the 65" of NU8000 which is vastly more superior than all of TVs mentioned above.

The 55 inches of NU8000 can also be found at around ~ 4k , possibly lower with all the discount sales on the upcoming 11/11.
It also has a native 100/120hz refresh rate , which will provide a more pleasant experience for watching 24p movies .
NU8000 is superior than any of models mentioned above , especially if we are talking about the performance of HDR.
It is still probably the best mid-range TV you can buy in MY since Sony refuses to release 55/65 inches of X9000F here.

Do take note that the NU8000 is of VA panels ( which has narrow viewing angles ) , thus the best picture quality is only reserved for the seats directly in front of the TV .

Localized pricing isn't exactly new , just like Sony TVs are so much cheaper in China compare to the other region . There are many factors behind it . AFAIK , the SG TV shares many similarities with the MY sets .
First of all , at this price range , one TV isn't definitely better than another. I am simply suggesting a TV that is better suited for your viewing habits .

The primary difference of the two is still the characteristic of VA and IPS screens.
The X7000F is also a bit brighter than NU7100 . My problem with Samsung NU7100 is , their CE dimming always dim the small highlights of the picture which may cause HDR experience to lose some of their impacts . I also find the Sony TV comes packing with better gray uniformity , which is better for watching sports .
Really appreciate the time and effort of bro Convael in giving advise to me.

Looking forward to get the Sony set in the coming 11.11 Sales!

BTW, 65X700F is come with 4 HDMI ports?

Convael
post Nov 7 2018, 03:58 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(takwah @ Nov 7 2018, 01:47 AM)
Really appreciate the time and effort of bro Convael in giving advise to me.

Looking forward to get the Sony set in the coming 11.11 Sales!

BTW, 65X700F is come with 4 HDMI ports?
It does has 4 HDMI ports , but only 2 of them supports full bandwidth (port 2 & 3 ) which is required for 4K HDR signals from game consoles or media players .

(correction the X7000F only has 3 HDMI ports )

QUOTE(suffeylp @ Nov 6 2018, 08:38 PM)
guys between these two which is better?

my purpose is for astro, ps4, and maybe streaming..

is sony ips black level bad? how about the samsung?

can share what are the advantages one have over the other.

thanks
The poor black levels and black uniformity is a result of employing IPS Panel as their TV screen . You basically have to sacrifice the contrast ratio for wider viewing angles .
But keep in mind that IPS and VA screens don't look very different in a bright room . The ambient lights from our environment is great at masking the true black levels of the TV .

Which is also why it is very difficult to tell the Picture Quality of TV from the electronic shops , because they are mostly displayed in a bright room.

But in a dim / dark room , poor black levels will be instantly noticeable . If you are watching movies on VA , the letterbox bars from the movies are going to appear inky black without distracting you from the immersion. While the black on IPS TV will appear gray-ish and cloudy at times .

If your room is decently lit , go for the Sony . Otherwise just get the Samsung TV .

QUOTE(haziqmckau @ Nov 6 2018, 09:11 PM)
Hi,

1) Samsung NU8000
2) Sony X8500f
3) LG UK7500
The NU8000 is the best choice at this price range for HDR gaming .
The Sony is the next best option if you watch a lot of low resolution content on the TV .

I am not very fond of LG 's mid-range TV , some of them are decent but it just doesn't offer the best bang for your buck.

QUOTE(szecheng @ Nov 6 2018, 08:58 PM)
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.WFRG

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.c...-best-budget-tv

May consider this if 11/11 drop below 2k
Reason full array dimming and wide colour gamut
Question is durability
Nope , the USA TCL division operates on a different team than the European / Chinese one .

The specific TCL models found on Lazada are essentially the European version . All of them are edge-lit TVs , unlike their superior F.A.L.D counterparts from the USA .
These specific models aren't nearly quite as capable as what was reviewed by rting.

Sadly , as of now the choices we have within the Malaysian market is very limited unless you decide to import them which comes with a big risk.

This post has been edited by Convael: Nov 8 2018, 04:36 AM
takwah
post Nov 7 2018, 04:44 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 7 2018, 03:58 AM)
It does has 4 HDMI ports , but only 2 of them supports full bandwidth (port 2 & 3 ) which is required for 4K HDR signals from game consoles or media players .
The poor black levels and black uniformity is a result of employing IPS Panel as their TV screen .  You basically have to sacrifice the contrast ratio for wider viewing angles .
But keep in mind that  IPS and VA screens don't look very different in a bright room . The ambient lights from our environment is great at masking the true black levels of the TV .

Which is also why it is very difficult to tell the Picture Quality of TV from the electronic shops , because they are mostly displayed in a bright room.

But in a dim / dark room , poor black levels will be instantly noticeable . If you are watching movies on VA , the letterbox bars from the movies are going to appear inky black without distracting you from the immersion. While the black on IPS TV will appear gray-ish and cloudy at times .

If your room is decently lit , go for the Sony . Otherwise just get the Samsung TV .
The Sony is the next best option if you watch a lot of low resolution content on the TV .

I am not very fond of LG 's mid-range TV , some of them are decent but it just doesn't offer the best bang for your buck.
My last tv was KDL-50W800B, may I know what panel this model is using?
Convael
post Nov 7 2018, 04:49 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(takwah @ Nov 7 2018, 04:44 AM)
My last tv was KDL-50W800B, may I know what panel this model is using?
VA .

You can tell the narrow viewing angles easily by moving away from the center of the TV , the colors and brightness will start to look more washed out .

This post has been edited by Convael: Nov 7 2018, 04:51 AM
takwah
post Nov 7 2018, 04:52 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 7 2018, 04:49 AM)
VA .

You can tell the narrow viewing angles easily by moving away from the center of the TV , the colors and brightness will start to look more washed out .
Thanks bro!
Gaddy23
post Nov 7 2018, 12:23 PM

4 posts

Thanks Convael! You're indeed a Guru on TVs. Now I'm being poisoned to go for the next level of TVs after reading tons of TVs namely the LG 55 B8 which is pretty cheap in Malaysia as compared to Singapore.
szecheng
post Nov 7 2018, 03:17 PM

Casual
460 posts

The poor black levels and black uniformity is a result of employing IPS Panel as their TV screen .  You basically have to sacrifice the contrast ratio for wider viewing angles .
But keep in mind that  IPS and VA screens don't look very different in a bright room . The ambient lights from our environment is great at masking the true black levels of the TV .

Nope , the USA TCL division operates on a different team than the European / Chinese one .

The specific TCL models found on Lazada are essentially the European version . All of them are edge-lit TVs , unlike their superior F.A.L.D counterparts from the USA .
These specific models aren't nearly quite as capable as what was reviewed by rting.

Sadly , as of now the choices we have within the Malaysian market is very limited unless you decide to import them which comes with a big risk.
so TLC/Philips micro dimming or samsung uhd dimming is basically software controlled edge lighting. (tipu one la)
NOT the Full Array Local dimming like those in Sony X900, Sammy Qled
suffeylp
post Nov 7 2018, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

Thanks sifu,

I think i have to go to store and see it myself how is the black level when in a dim room. Because usually I play PS4 during night, and with lights off, other than that normal usage of astro during day/night.

Other than this, all around, Sony X7500F will be better model than Samsung NU7100 right?

haziqmckau
post Nov 7 2018, 10:08 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(szecheng @ Nov 6 2018, 10:33 PM)
Sony x85f
can share reason why? biggrin.gif
haziqmckau
post Nov 7 2018, 10:08 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(szecheng @ Nov 6 2018, 10:33 PM)
Sony x85f
can share reason why? biggrin.gif
thefryingfox
post Nov 7 2018, 10:11 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

bought the 7400 Sony tv...best bang for my budget
takwah
post Nov 8 2018, 01:14 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(takwah @ Nov 7 2018, 04:52 AM)
Thanks bro!
Bro Canveal, why some said KD65X7000F only have 3 HDMI input?

I checked in Sony Malaysia website, they stated only 3 HDMI input while some reseller like Astro GO Shop listed 4 HDMI input.
Convael
post Nov 8 2018, 04:33 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(takwah @ Nov 8 2018, 01:14 AM)
Bro Canveal, why some said KD65X7000F only have 3 HDMI input?

I checked in Sony Malaysia website, they stated only 3 HDMI input while some reseller like Astro GO Shop listed 4 HDMI input.
My mistake , I thought you were asking about X7500F .

And you are right , the XF70 (X7000F ) only has 3 HDMI inputs indeed .

All of the big brand's 2018 basic 4K TVs , from Panasonic's FX600 , LG's UK6100 & 6300 , Samsung's NU7100 , NU7400 , Sony's X7000F are all limited to 3 HDMI ports.

QUOTE(suffeylp @ Nov 7 2018, 03:45 PM)
Thanks sifu,

I think i have to go to store and see it myself how is the black level when in a dim room. Because usually I play PS4 during night, and with lights off, other than that normal usage of astro during day/night.

Other than this, all around,  Sony  X7500F will be better model than Samsung NU7100 right?
I wouldn't say better , but more suitable for your usage perhaps .

This post has been edited by Convael: Nov 8 2018, 06:36 AM
takwah
post Nov 8 2018, 09:33 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 8 2018, 04:33 AM)
My mistake ,  I thought you were asking about X7500F .

And you are right , the XF70 (X7000F ) only has 3 HDMI inputs indeed .

All of the big brand's 2018 basic 4K TVs , from Panasonic's FX600 , LG's UK6100 & 6300 , Samsung's NU7100 , NU7400 , Sony's X7000F are all limited to 3 HDMI ports.
I wouldn't say better , but more suitable for your usage perhaps  .
I need at least 4 HDMI inputs, what HDMI splitter you can recommend to me which is good and economical?
Jerrylum88
post Nov 8 2018, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

looking for a 55inch tv for parents , mostly movie and youtube in a bright living room.

Any particular model, sifu sifu sekalian. kinda confused with sammy, sony and lg.
takwah
post Nov 8 2018, 10:01 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(takwah @ Nov 8 2018, 09:33 AM)
I need at least 4 HDMI inputs, what HDMI splitter you can recommend to me which is good and economical?
Bro is TCL 65P6US same as R617?

I saw people selling in Lazada and review for TCL TV is good. Any comment?

108 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0236sec    0.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:02 PM