Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

108 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

4k tv under RM3k, Sony or Samsung or LG??

views

TSberrycoo~
post Jun 13 2018, 07:20 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
309 posts

Hi, looking to buy a 4k tv mainly to play ps4 pro and watch some videos (non-4k) with budget RM3k. Currently looking at:

Sony
KD55x7000e ~RM2.6k
KD49x8000e ~RM3k

Samsung
UA55MU6100 ~RM2.7k
UA50NU7400 ~RM3k

LG
55UJ630t ~RM2.4k
49SJ800t ~RM3k

Which one should I go for? Also is it worth going for wcg ie 49SJ800t/KD49x8000e/UA50NU7400 but with smaller screen size? Is it worth to get smaller screen size + wcg for the PQ difference?

This post has been edited by berrycoo~: Jun 13 2018, 10:32 PM
Arvinaaaaa
post Jun 13 2018, 09:46 PM

Peace :D
3,897 posts

I would go for samsung, mainly because of the brand
Harold2009
post Jun 13 2018, 09:50 PM

On my way
526 posts

Select the size at least 55 inch or above to see their beauties.
TSberrycoo~
post Jun 13 2018, 11:51 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Harold2009 @ Jun 13 2018, 09:50 PM)
Select the size at least 55 inch or above to see their beauties.
Thats what I keep hearing as well sweat.gif That's why not sure if I should go for 49+wcg or 55 or just top up abit get 55+wcg drool.gif
Convael
post Jun 14 2018, 01:54 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ Jun 13 2018, 07:20 PM)
Hi, looking to buy a 4k tv mainly to play ps4 pro and watch some videos (non-4k) with budget RM3k. Currently looking at:

Sony
KD55x7000e ~RM2.6k
KD49x8000e ~RM3k

Samsung
UA55MU6100 ~RM2.7k
UA50NU7400 ~RM3k

LG
55UJ630t ~RM2.4k
49SJ800t ~RM3k

Which one should I go for? Also is it worth going for wcg ie 49SJ800t/KD49x8000e/UA50NU7400 but with smaller screen size? Is it worth to get smaller screen size + wcg for the PQ difference?
X7000e : the most basic UHD TV entry from Sony last year , second cheapest among your list , steady brightness , NO WCG (expected from this price range ) , No Local dimming ( again , expected from this price range ) , good motion handling , MI / BFI options to play judder-free 24p content , great sport programs supports , doesn't support WiFi 5G , the 55 " version is a VA panel which I would recommend if you can find one cheaper .

XF70 / X7000F : The successor of XE70 . I find this TV slightly brighter than XE70, might be due to panel variance . Other than that , not much has changed from its 2017 predecessor.

XF75 / X7500F : In a nut shell , a repackage of the XF70 model in Android TV OS .

x8000e : Lotsa fanbois singing praises of model this in Lowyat , to the point comparing it with OLED , truly the joke of the decade. One of them attacked me with a death threat before . It's scary when people paid a large sum of money for something mediocre yet want to feel justified for the high expenses.

Back to the TV , this is actually a decent SDR TV just not for the price it is asking . It used to be much more pricey.

Being a mid range TV, the brightness of model is very limited , which hampered its ability to display any decent HDR .
There is also the inherent flaw of unimpressive contrast level being an IPS model . It does has a Wider-Color-Gamut compare to the basic 4k models , mediocre motion handling ( worse than XE70 in fact) . Input lag is a little on the high side as well , which means it is not very suitable for gaming purposes .

Samsung : Their lower end TVs has been getting worse by each year , from the all amazing KU series to the not so impressive MU series , this year's NU series is a hit or miss

MU6100 : The MU 6 series have amazing contrast ratings , despite of not having a local dimming system . No support of WCG , No local dimming ( it relies on Samsung's CE dimming ) , great BFI (if you can withstand the screen dimming ). This is the most complete 4k entry level VA TV ( features wise ) in 2017 . This TV model has been discontinued .

NU7100 : The successor of MU6100 , more or less the " castrated " version. Picture Quality should remain in the same levels as MU 6 series while some of the features such as WIFI 5Ghz , blue tooth , smart remote control & voice control are removed .

Nu7400 : Suppose to be the true successor to MU 6 series with Wider Color Gamut , also has a steam link support . It is essentially a NU7100 but has all the trivial features from MU 6 series . Slightly more expensive than the former two.

LG : LG's Mid ~ lower end models love to use RGBW panel , buy at your own risk

UJ630 T = The cheapest TV among the bunch . This TV uses RGBW panel , which really hurts its color volume especially when showing Brighter NON-white colors , if you decide to use your TV as monitor one day , colorful fonts are going to look weird. If you can look past this , it isn't very different than the Sony x7000e .

SJ800T = The supreme UHD LED TV from LG , of IPS panel . This is probably the best TV among your list , it has all the features required to display HDR . While it still can't really compete with higher end models, this is the most comprehensive IPS TV you can buy @ around 3k

As for screen size , Amazon recommends the distance from your 4K TV to be around 1.5x the size of TV screen . EG : for a 55 inches TV , the distance between you and your TV should be @ 55 inches - 75 inches . Although the whole point of getting UHD TV is , you can sit closer to the screen to witness the awesomeness of all the 4K pixels

This post has been edited by Convael: Oct 26 2018, 06:38 AM
Convael
post Jun 14 2018, 01:58 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ Jun 13 2018, 11:51 PM)
Thats what I keep hearing as well sweat.gif That's why not sure if I should go for 49+wcg or 55 or just top up abit get 55+wcg drool.gif
WCG plays an important role when you are playing HDR content , which you will be since you mentioned PS4 pro
Andrewtst
post Jun 14 2018, 07:42 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

Any list but not the Samsung.
stasio
post Jun 14 2018, 09:09 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,325 posts

Pana 49EX600K ....2.4K..?
Sony KD49X7500F...2.8K..?

This post has been edited by stasio: Jun 14 2018, 09:11 AM
TSberrycoo~
post Jun 14 2018, 09:49 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Jun 14 2018, 01:54 AM)
X7000e : the most basic UHD TV entry from Sony last year , second cheapest among your list , NO WCG , No Local dimming , Good motion handling , can play 24p content, great sport programs support , doesn't support WIFI 5G , the 55 inches version is a VA panel which I would recommend if you can find one cheaper .

x8000e : There have been quite some ppl singing praises about this particular model in Lowyat ( I don't get it ) to the point comparing it with OLED ( Joke of the decade )
One of them attacked me with a death threat before . It's scary when people paid a large sum of money for something mediocre yet want to feel justified for the high expenses.
Back to the TV , this is actually a decent TV , just not for its price . It used to be much more expensive.  Despite being a middle level TV, the brightness of model is very meh , not to mention it has no local dimming which hampered its ability to display any decent HDR , below average contrast level even when comparing with the IPS standards . It has WCG , meh motion handling ( worse than X7000E in fact) , slightly better upscaling processor (like all Sony TVs ). Input lag is a little on the high side as well . If you can find it below 3k it isn't a bad choice , I guess
Samsung : Their lower end TV has been getting worse by each year , from the all amazing KU series to the not so impressive MU series , this year's NU series is a hit or miss

MU6100 : The best all around-TV for its value . The mu 6 series have very amazing contrast level , despite having no local dimming of any sorts .  No WCG , No local dimming ( using Samsung's CE dimming ) , great BFI support

Nu7400 : Suppose to be the successor to mu 6 series with wide color gamut support , it also has steam link if you use steam . I have seen this TV from the store  , it looks to be identical with 6300 with similar brightness ( which is decent )

UJ630 T =  The cheapest TV among the bunch .  This TV uses RGBW panel , which really hurts its color volume especially when showing Brighter NON-white colors  ,  if you decide to use your TV as monitor one day , colorful fonts are going to look weird.  If you can look past this , it isn't very much different than the Sony x7000e .

SJ800T = The supreme UHD LED TV from LG , of IPS panel . This is probably the best TV among your list , it has all the features required to display HDR  . While it still can't really compete with higher End models, this is the most comprehensive IPS TV you can buy @ around 3k
All the models you mentioned have very good input latency for gaming except the x8000e . Sorry Sony , I still love you very much , just not your low - mid range TVs
As for screen size , Amazon recommends the distance from your 4K TV to be around 1.5x  the size of TV screen  . EG : for a 55 inches TV , the distance between you and your TV should be @ 55 inches - 75 inches .  Although the whole point of getting UHD TV is , you can sit closer to the screen to witness the awesomeness of all the 4K pixels
Thanks for the comprehensive explanation on the pros and cons of each tv. I guess I can narrow down my choice to the 55x7000e, ua55nu7400 or 49sj800t? My main concern about the Samsung is their color. It always look abit washed out/pale when compared beside other TV like Sony. Not sure is it me but I have same experience with their VA monitors. But their price is the most attractive 55 with wcg at <3k
TSberrycoo~
post Jun 14 2018, 09:50 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Jun 14 2018, 09:09 AM)
Pana 49EX600K ....2.4K..?
Sony KD49X7500F...2.8K..?
Panasonic always sounds expensive. But you have any recommendation? The Sony X7500F is quite expensive just for their Android TV. Not so worth to me
muss90
post Jun 14 2018, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Jun 14 2018, 01:54 AM)
X7000e : the most basic UHD TV entry from Sony last year , second cheapest among your list , NO WCG , No Local dimming , Good motion handling , can play 24p content, great sport programs support , doesn't support WIFI 5G , the 55 inches version is a VA panel which I would recommend if you can find one cheaper .

x8000e : There have been quite some ppl singing praises about this particular model in Lowyat ( I don't get it ) to the point comparing it with OLED ( Joke of the decade )
One of them attacked me with a death threat before . It's scary when people paid a large sum of money for something mediocre yet want to feel justified for the high expenses.
Back to the TV , this is actually a decent TV , just not for its price . It used to be much more expensive.  Despite being a middle level TV, the brightness of model is very meh , not to mention it has no local dimming which hampered its ability to display any decent HDR , below average contrast level even when comparing with the IPS standards . It has WCG , meh motion handling ( worse than X7000E in fact) , slightly better upscaling processor (like all Sony TVs ). Input lag is a little on the high side as well . If you can find it below 3k it isn't a bad choice , I guess
Samsung : Their lower end TV has been getting worse by each year , from the all amazing KU series to the not so impressive MU series , this year's NU series is a hit or miss

MU6100 : The best all around-TV for its value . The mu 6 series have very amazing contrast level , despite having no local dimming of any sorts .  No WCG , No local dimming ( using Samsung's CE dimming ) , great BFI support

Nu7400 : Suppose to be the successor to mu 6 series with wide color gamut support , it also has steam link if you use steam . I have seen this TV from the store  , it looks to be identical with 6300 with similar brightness ( which is decent )

UJ630 T =  The cheapest TV among the bunch .  This TV uses RGBW panel , which really hurts its color volume especially when showing Brighter NON-white colors  ,  if you decide to use your TV as monitor one day , colorful fonts are going to look weird.  If you can look past this , it isn't very much different than the Sony x7000e .

SJ800T = The supreme UHD LED TV from LG , of IPS panel . This is probably the best TV among your list , it has all the features required to display HDR  . While it still can't really compete with higher End models, this is the most comprehensive IPS TV you can buy @ around 3k
All the models you mentioned have very good input latency for gaming except the x8000e . Sorry Sony , I still love you very much , just not your low - mid range TVs
As for screen size , Amazon recommends the distance from your 4K TV to be around 1.5x  the size of TV screen  . EG : for a 55 inches TV , the distance between you and your TV should be @ 55 inches - 75 inches .  Although the whole point of getting UHD TV is , you can sit closer to the screen to witness the awesomeness of all the 4K pixels
Very detailed info.
What is your opinion on Sharp LC50UA6800X?
TSberrycoo~
post Jun 14 2018, 01:39 PM

Casual
309 posts

Just now went to take a look at the TVs mentioned above. Cant really compare them as they are either not side by side or not displaying same content.

But I managed to compare Sony ones as they have all 3 X70E, X75F and X80E side by side. In general I realised bigger size TV will have brighter (or washed out not sure how to describe it) image no matter the model. Can anyone explain why is that so? Also The X7500F have better color than the X7000E. Is it really the same but with incremental update? Looks like have different panel altogether

This post has been edited by berrycoo~: Jun 14 2018, 01:49 PM
life27
post Jun 14 2018, 01:47 PM

Casual
469 posts

i am asking out of topic question ,

how long can a standard LED sony tv can last longer ?? mine is about 3 years old , planning to change soon .
Convael
post Jun 14 2018, 02:32 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ Jun 14 2018, 01:39 PM)
Just now went to take a look at the TVs mentioned above. Cant really compare them as they are either not side by side or not displaying same content.

But I managed to compare Sony ones as they have all 3 X70E, X75F and X80E side by side. In general I realised bigger size TV will have brighter (or washed out not sure how to describe it) image no matter the model. Can anyone explain why is that so? Also The X7500F have better color than the X7000E. Is it really the same but with incremental update? Looks like have different panel altogether
Are they playing the same display Demo ?
TSberrycoo~
post Jun 14 2018, 02:50 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Jun 14 2018, 02:32 PM)
Are they playing the same display Demo ?
Yea. The wildlife one
Convael
post Jun 14 2018, 03:19 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(muss90 @ Jun 14 2018, 01:23 PM)
Very detailed info.
What is your opinion on Sharp LC50UA6800X?
I have spent really long time looking at this Sharp Model and its little brother 6500 awhile ago .
Managed to find a not so crowded shop and spent at least 2 hours checking out them out before the salesman shoo me away

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Both TV seems to be brighter than its predecessor UE630x
Between the two , the 6800 looks to be more " consistent " on the HDR highlights , with the highlight zones on Sun fading at slightly slower pace than the 6500x

I can probably take a guess at the peak luminance . The zones of sun highlight details from the menu of Horizon Zero has to be reaching the peak brightness yet it wasn't quite nearly as bright as my B7. This suggest a 500 ~ cd/m2 peak brightness , it was definitely brighter than the mu6300 (peak @ 360 cd/m2 ~) which was displaying just few feet away.

Took a peek behind the screen , no cable management or anything of sorts , the TV build feels a little cheap .

I saw a lot of motion blurs and trails when the cutscene transition into fast pace action scene , perhaps much more severe than most other TV I've came across ( namely LG , Samsung and Sony ) , so this is probably not the best TVs for sports.

In terms of colors I actually wasn't able to notice much of a difference , maybe because they were looping Horizon Zero in HD (1080P) . But the WCG is clearly present in the 6800x as I noticed the sun is slightly more orange than the one from 6500x , but overall their HDR performance and PQ should be very identical. Still If you insist on getting the these models , get the 6800 version over 6500 , as the price gap aren't too large .

Remember these are merely opinions and with no professional tools involved , human perception can be very flawed afterall , so take these opinions as a grain of salt

This post has been edited by Convael: Jun 15 2018, 12:27 AM
Convael
post Jun 14 2018, 07:39 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ Jun 14 2018, 01:39 PM)

If I remember correctly , someone mentioned that specific models of x7000E were stuck with the 8 bit color depth before , while all models of x7500F has been updated to 10 bits color depth ( 8bit + FRC ) .

The shop lighting condition will also have an impact on the screen . It is known that TV sellers tend to play with the TV settings , so a lot of the TV in the shop look oversaturated and far brighter than its native settings in order to attract customers .

When you brought the TV home and turn it on , just to find out it looks almost like an entirely different model than what you've seen in the shop .

This post has been edited by Convael: Jun 14 2018, 08:08 PM
TSberrycoo~
post Jun 14 2018, 08:10 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Jun 14 2018, 07:39 PM)
If I remember correctly , someone mentioned that specific models of x7000E were stuck with the 8 bit color depth before , while all models of x7500F has been updated to 10 bits color depth ( 8bit + FRC ) .
The shop lighting condition will also have an impact on the screen . It is known that TV sellers tend to play with the TV settings , so a lot of the TV in the shop look oversaturated and far brighter than its native settings in order to attract customers .
When you brought the TV home and turn it on , just to find out it looks almost like an entirely different model than what you've seen in the shop .
Ah now that makes sense. And the content they play too sweat.gif

Anyways my living room max sitting distance is about 3m. So I am still thinking 49" is abit too small. Should I go for 55" (x7500f/nu7400) or go for 49" LG SUHD for nano cell and sit nearer to the TV? Which configuration is better? My living room is well lit so contrast isn't that important.
Convael
post Jun 14 2018, 08:20 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ Jun 14 2018, 08:10 PM)
Ah now that makes sense. And the content they play too sweat.gif

Anyways my living room max sitting distance is about 3m. So I am still thinking 49" is abit too small. Should I go for 55" (x7500f/nu7400) or go for 49" LG SUHD for nano cell and sit nearer to the TV? Which configuration is better? My living room is well lit so contrast isn't that important.
At that distance , I would suggest you get the LG SUHD IPS Panel since contrast isn't a big issue for you . 49 inches is a little too small for 3 meters viewing distance , the whole point of getting a 4K TV is to sit closer to the screen than traditional TV ( but not too close ) , if you can move it to somewhere around 2 meters that will be perfect .

This post has been edited by Convael: Jun 15 2018, 12:31 AM
enkil
post Jun 14 2018, 08:50 PM

Regular
1,752 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Jun 14 2018, 08:20 PM)
At that distance , I would suggest you get the LG SUHD IPS Panel since contrast isn't a big issue for you  . 49 inches is a little too small for 3 meters viewing distance , the whole point of getting a 4K TV is to sit closer to the screen than traditional TV ( but not too close ) , if you can move it to somewhere around 2 meter that will be perfect .
Wow 2metres is too close thats 6.5 feet. I sit exactly 13 ft or 4m with a 55inch tv and feels it is big. console.gif

108 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 PM