Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Any weight gain success people here?, and some question.

views

TSLevil
post Jun 7 2018, 01:59 PM, updated 6y ago

2 posts

Hi,

starting from form 3, my body weight just stay at 49 - 51 KG until now, which already age 30,

My height is 173, with 50 kg weight , work in IT field, is like a Skeleton king, have been say by people, aunt uncle and relative many years "aiyooo, your mom no feed you ah?" "you got any sickness izzit?" bla bla bla.

I'm that kind of people that no matter eat how many, still hard gain weight, i rmb my peek is 52 kg by eat a lot, but few days later, drop back to 51, then back to 50 again. Have do body check before, result is normal.
But i'm Thalassemia carry, is that will affect?

Many of my friends tell me to drink weight gain powder and go gym, but i just feel like "aiyaa, dont have sickness then enough lar, let gain weight in naturally"

But recently i feel like want to archive smth, Life is short right? lolz, one of my wish is to gain weight. (since my "naturally gain weight failed", lolz)

i do found some my bad behavior problem
- not drink much water
- sometimes skip breakfast
- sleep late

So my question is, any weight gain successful case here ? the people who like me. Can share your experience?

And is the gain weight powder have side effect?
i hear rumors like
- not healthy to body
- make you Pexxx small (which i think funny, but if true then not funny, lolz)

or any gain weight programme in any gym i can join? lolz

My target no need become like Thor or captain America, just grow some meat make myself look better.

Thanks in advanced. =)

This post has been edited by Levil: Jun 7 2018, 02:03 PM
aj300
post Jun 7 2018, 02:07 PM

42 posts

Personally I have increased my weight from around 59-60kg to my current weight which is 73-74. The one thing you must remember is to not let yourself feel hungry at all. The moment you feel hungry your body starts to basically 'eat itself'. Be consistent when eating. Eat healthy and try to increase the number of meals a day and increase the number of calories you take slowly. Just drink milk instead of a weight gainer. Good luck
lingleeyen
post Jun 7 2018, 02:09 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

Wanna gain weight? Eat. That simple. Eat more than what you are eating. Eat more than what you think you can eat. Skip breakfast? You can well skipped as much as 500kcal easily from that breakfast. Your whole day of eating can be only be my breakfast.

Fix your eating habit before thinking of going to gym to train. This is because training takes up calories and calories is what you do not have enough.

No, your penis will not be small. The usage of steroids renders the natural testosterone secretion from the testicles zero. So when your testicles are no longer in use, it shrinks, just like your muscles.
internaldisputes
post Jun 7 2018, 02:38 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

I've always been skinny too but I managed to get to healthy BMI since early 2015. I went from 58kg to 70kg now at 175cm. Hoping to reach 75kg by early next year.

One thing for sure is gaining weight is a painfully slow process. Notice how overweight people did not realise they have put up weight? You need to eat a ton but that's not an excuse to take unhealthy food. When I first stuffing myself with food everyone around me make comments about my bulging stomach which is quite depressing. Make sure to lift weights so that most of your weight gain comes from muscle mass.

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Jun 7 2018, 02:42 PM
Amedion
post Jun 7 2018, 04:02 PM

It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No, it's star
3,377 posts

Want to gain weight is easy.

The hard thing is to maintain. Can you eat more than what you're eating now? Like everyday for the rest of your life? Gotta change your diet man.
TSLevil
post Jun 7 2018, 08:19 PM

2 posts

thanks everyone for the advice.

i think conclusion will be eat more, i think my meal portion is quite a lot, maybe need to have extra meal..

just thinking if drinking weight gain will help the progress not
emino
post Jun 7 2018, 08:33 PM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

I was in the same boat. I was 48 kg until my mid-twenties, and now at 32 basically floats around 62-65 kg. The process is super slow and I aimed to be around 68-70, but yeah, at least I am happy knowing I look better than I did 10 years ago.

I am intrigue by your statement "aiyaa, dont have sickness then enough lar, let gain weight in naturally". By naturally, do you mean fat? If that is so then it's unhealthy. Healthy weight gain should be muscle gain and keeping your fat level in check or else you'd risk tonnes of health problems later on in life associated with unhealthy weight.

As for 'programs' I find it is those programs are often a temporary incentive, and if you work yourself into a dedicated program, you'll get bored in later stages and you're restricted to what the program offers. It is a,so better to learn to learn about all the ways you can work your body and change them when situation changes, like how when everyone is queuing to use bench press and you skip on working out your chest because you cant be bothered to wait in turn when you can easily substitute that particular workout with other workout.

If you're scared of protein powder side effect, you can always go super natural with lots of eggs, chicken, fish and milk, but you also need more work to keep the fat percentage at low threshold.

This post has been edited by emino: Jun 8 2018, 02:20 AM
Amedion
post Jun 7 2018, 08:36 PM

3,377 posts

Your "a lot" is different with others.

and "a lot" for one two times of the day isn't enough. You need to eat like 5-6 meals a day unless you can eat real lot like 2-3 portions of chicken rice / nasi lemak + ayam.

Drinking weight gain is same like eating more, just its convenient and expensive.
ariffdude
post Jun 7 2018, 10:03 PM

On my way
628 posts

Or you can do it the malaysian way. Get married. A couple of people I know were trying to gain weight years ago but their weight shot up once they're married.
Subang Nuclear Reactor
post Jun 8 2018, 08:28 AM

Getting Started
165 posts

48kg to 88kg then down to 81kg here

'eating a lot but not gaining weight' is a myth

I used to have that thought until I count calories and I realise I'm really not eating a lot

Imagine nasi lemak fried chicken in the morning, RM15 mixed rice noon and 2 regular pizzas in the night. Repeat it everyday for 30 days come back and tell us whats your weight

Weight gainers taste like shit and it's a waste of precious calories, I'd rather drink soda and munch on chips

This post has been edited by Subang Nuclear Reactor: Jun 8 2018, 08:36 AM
unclemike
post Jun 11 2018, 05:24 PM

On my way
538 posts

Eating lots and lots off caloric dense food.
calapia
post Jun 12 2018, 10:42 AM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Amedion @ Jun 7 2018, 08:36 PM)
Your "a lot" is different with others.

and "a lot" for one two times of the day isn't enough. You need to eat like 5-6 meals a day unless you can eat real lot like 2-3 portions of chicken rice / nasi lemak + ayam.

Drinking weight gain is same like eating more, just its convenient and expensive.
so true ah... i used to weight at 50kg...then up to 55kg....then up to 60kg.... last is 67kg but now down to 61kg..... to gain weight and muscle....really have to eat a lot..... as in a lot...... 5 6 meal.... makan before sleep....

This post has been edited by calapia: Jun 12 2018, 10:43 AM
Amedion
post Jun 12 2018, 02:10 PM

3,377 posts

I advised my friend to change his diet but he insist on weight gainer. Weight goes up and down. Gain weight is easy. Maintaining is hard. Change your diet and you'll be heavier forever, not just for a short duration.
axtray
post Jun 12 2018, 06:20 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

No such thing as "no matter how much you eat but won't gain weight"

you're just simply not eating enough. and on a consistent basis.

And that's it.

calapia
post Jun 13 2018, 08:49 AM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Amedion @ Jun 12 2018, 02:10 PM)
I advised my friend to change his diet but he insist on weight gainer. Weight goes up and down. Gain weight is easy. Maintaining is hard. Change your diet and you'll be heavier forever, not just for a short duration.
ya..agree with you so muchie.... the reason why my weight drop to 61 is due to certain health condition. once its treated, i ll pump it back...
darklight79
post Jun 13 2018, 07:49 PM

I'll eat your food
Group Icon
Elite
9,006 posts

QUOTE(Amedion @ Jun 12 2018, 02:10 PM)
If you advised your friend, you've already done your duty as a friend. He's an idiot if he doesn't listen.
kirakun
post Jun 27 2018, 04:51 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(Levil @ Jun 7 2018, 08:19 PM)
thanks everyone for the advice.

i think conclusion will be eat more, i think my meal portion is quite a lot, maybe need to have extra meal..

just thinking if drinking weight gain will help the progress not
Personal advice is to exercise consistently plus extra meals and/or protein shakes. Then your weight gain will be more even out. Otherwise u'll seeing your tummy grow faster than the rest of the body as most of the food intake will be turned to fat lol.
hvk13
post Jun 27 2018, 04:57 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

I was a skinny guy also. Eat "alot" but cannot gain weight. But my "alot" wasn't really alot since I tend to skip meals. When I follow proper 5 meals a day + consistent weight lifting my weight went up from 49 kg to 72 kg in a span of 18 months.

Now I stop going to the gym my weight drop to 66 kg. I got take protein shakes after lifting also, it helps.
Armesh
post Jun 30 2018, 12:17 AM

Regular
1,485 posts

KFC, McD, Ramli Burger, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Dunkin Donuts, "Mamak nasi goreng minyak lebih", roti canai, milo ais tambah susu manis.
internaldisputes
post Jun 30 2018, 02:06 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Armesh @ Jun 30 2018, 12:17 AM)
KFC, McD, Ramli Burger, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Dunkin Donuts, "Mamak nasi goreng minyak lebih", roti canai, milo ais tambah susu manis.
Coach, wanna see your latest physique can ah? wub.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:25 AM