53 Pages « < 37 38 39 40 41 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ILLEGEAR Onyx Discussion Thread V1, Illegear's first Bazel-less Notebook

views

Ryan@ILLEGEAR P
post Nov 2 2019, 05:18 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(TW_tankengine95 @ Nov 2 2019, 05:02 PM)
got 11.11 promo for onyx?
Yes, bro, We do have 11.11 Promo ya. For more details, you may drop us a WhatsApp to 018 664 8599 and we will share out the promo details to you ya.

James Teo
post Nov 20 2019, 12:12 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

Hello guys, just asking if your Onyx screen remains blank after you close and open back the lid even you choose "Do Nothing" when close lid. I have tried to solve this issue for a long time and I could not resolve it. Any Onyx owner here experience the same thing I do?

It's very frustrating sometimes you just need to close the lid and reallocate for a while but instead you have to do a hard reset or make it goes to sleep and wake up to bring the screen back up.
AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post Nov 20 2019, 11:39 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(James Teo @ Nov 20 2019, 12:12 AM)
Hello guys, just asking if your Onyx screen remains blank after you close and open back the lid even you choose "Do Nothing" when close lid. I have tried to solve this issue for a long time and I could not resolve it. Any Onyx owner here experience the same thing I do?

It's very frustrating sometimes you just need to close the lid and reallocate for a while but instead you have to do a hard reset or make it goes to sleep and wake up to bring the screen back up.
Hi James Teo, may I know if you are referring to the behaviour of the Windows (have to press some keys after closing the lid to wake up the laptop) even when the machine is configured to 'Do Nothing' instead of 'Sleep' upon closing the lid?

May I also know if you have notified our Support Team? In regards to this matter, I would recommend for you to consult our Support Line directly as well for easier communication regarding this matter by using the contact number below:

018-261 8599 (WhatsApp)

nyunyu
post Nov 20 2019, 11:13 PM

His Royal Highness
1,388 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Sep 27 2019, 12:13 AM)
Hi AZIM@ILLEGEAR, Prince J, STEVE@ILLEGEAR

I'm using Onyx i7 8750H. Can you send me a link to download latest BIOS?

My unit has been replaced through RMA once and even now when on battery, if the battery dips below 60% I can see my cursor lagging and everything else lags. It come and goes and that annoyed me.

Also, once in a while, whether I'm doing work (low load apps such as Word, Excel etc) or browsing the web or playing games, the screen went black and I can't get it back. Nothing can be done except to force shutdown and start the unit again.

I haven't got the chance to drop by the office as I live in Kedah but would love to hear back any suggestions on why this happened and perhaps a way to fix this?
QUOTE(AZIM@ILLEGEAR @ Sep 27 2019, 12:22 PM)
Hi nyunyu

Very sorry to learn about this!

In regards to this matter, I would recommend for you to notify our Support Line regarding this by using the contact number below:

018-2618599 (WhatsApp)

Will do our best to assist accordingly smile.gif
Hi Azim, is the office open on Friday? Plan to drop by to have my laptop checked for the above issue.
AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post Nov 21 2019, 11:13 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Nov 20 2019, 11:13 PM)
Hi Azim, is the office open on Friday? Plan to drop by to have my laptop checked for the above issue.
Hi nyunyu, yes we are open tomorrow from 11am to 7pm smile.gif Kindly note that we have moved to the ground floor now - our office is located at Oval Damansara, KL. Kindly find the location to our place by using this link https://www.illegear.com/contact/

Noted in regards to the above issues, our Support Team shall assist accordingly.

James Teo
post Nov 24 2019, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(AZIM@ILLEGEAR @ Nov 20 2019, 11:39 AM)
Hi James Teo, may I know if you are referring to the behaviour of the Windows (have to press some keys after closing the lid to wake up the laptop) even when the machine is configured to 'Do Nothing' instead of 'Sleep' upon closing the lid?

May I also know if you have notified our Support Team? In regards to this matter, I would recommend for you to consult our Support Line directly as well for easier communication regarding this matter by using the contact number below:

018-261 8599 (WhatsApp)
I am not referring to that. The laptop is not in sleep mode or any mode, it is still running, just the screen is not waking up, pressing any keys won't work, you have to either hard reset or press the function key + sleep to sleep the PC, wake it up only the screen will come back up.

I have notified, but there is no solution... On the net, some said it is because of the BIOS...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...975c1b22?page=3
Grevil
post Jan 8 2020, 10:09 PM

16 posts

Anyone facing display issue after update nvidia 441.87 driver?
After updated the driver the screen brightness malfunction suddenly. I can't adjust brightness level anymore. Higher the level the screen go darker. And at certain level, the screen will keep flickering.
What i had try:
1. Roller back driver
2. Disable and enable the driver
3. Uninstall and reinstall 441.66 driver
4. System restoration point

5. Now i try to use to DDU to uninstall the gpu driver, but it stuck when i try to restart in safe mode. And yes, now I cant even start my laptop. It just stuck at the starting screen logo there.

I really need some help.....

Update 1: ok now i able to uninstall the driver, but after uninstall still not able to change brightness and still flickering. After restart again, the driver version is 419.71, and cant install the 430.86 from illegear website
Update 2: after install geforce experience able to update driver but only the latest is available which is 441.87, issue still exists.

This post has been edited by Grevil: Jan 9 2020, 11:56 AM
Prince J
post Jan 9 2020, 12:05 PM

Regular
1,272 posts

QUOTE(Grevil @ Jan 8 2020, 10:09 PM)
After updated the driver the screen brightness malfunction suddenly. I can't adjust brightness level anymore. Higher the level the screen go darker. And at certain level, the screen will keep flickering.
What i had try:
1. Roller back driver

5. Now i try to use to DDU to uninstall the gpu driver, but it stuck when i try to restart in safe mode. And yes, now I cant even start my laptop. It just stuck at the starting screen logo there.

Update 1: ok now i able to uninstall the driver, but after uninstall still not able to change brightness and still flickering. After restart again, the driver version is 419.71, and cant install the 430.86 from illegear website
Update 2: after install geforce experience able to update driver but only the latest is available which is 441.87, issue still exists.
Hi Grevil,

We can assist on re-installing the Nvidia driver for you. Kindly contact our support 018-261 8599 (WhatsApp) smile.gif
Grevil
post Jan 13 2020, 11:10 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(Grevil @ Jan 8 2020, 10:09 PM)
What i had try:
1. Roller back driver

just a update for this issue.
I'd tried everything I can and even last resort - factory reset.
Took me days to fix this issue but nothing works.

So just a reminder, really need to think twice or 3 when you going to update your gpu driver, or even anything other drivers update on onyx.

Prince J
post Jan 13 2020, 12:36 PM

Regular
1,272 posts

QUOTE(Grevil @ Jan 13 2020, 11:10 AM)
just a update for this issue.
I'd tried everything I can and even last resort - factory reset.
Took me days to fix this issue but nothing works.

So just a reminder, really need to think twice or 3 when you going to update your gpu driver, or even anything other drivers update on onyx.
Hi Grevil,

Have you contacted our support personnel? We will be able to help you to re-install the drivrers and re-format.

Updating GPU driver on ONYX should not cause any issues if the steps are done correctly.
Grevil
post Jan 13 2020, 02:10 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(Prince J @ Jan 13 2020, 12:36 PM)
Hi Grevil,

Have you contacted our support personnel? We will be able to help you to re-install the drivrers and re-format.

Yes, their provide me the full detail steps of clean reinstallation the gpu drivers, as I'm not able to carry in my machine to the shop shortly coz I'm not in town.
Had follow the steps and re-install the driver successfully but the brightness issue still exist.

QUOTE(Prince J @ Jan 13 2020, 12:36 PM)

Updating GPU driver on ONYX should not cause any issues if the steps are done correctly.

I'm update the gpu driver via nvidia GeForce Experience, right after that I start a game and after few minutes, the brightness sudden drop and cannot adjust back.
hshern95
post Jan 19 2020, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

any i7-8750h & rtx 2060 user here? is it consider as normal if my cpu temperature runs on 55degree celcius all the time(like chrome is running and downloading some files using torrent downloader)?
pluginbaby
post Jan 20 2020, 09:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

QUOTE(hshern95 @ Jan 19 2020, 09:17 PM)
any i7-8750h & rtx 2060 user here? is it consider as normal if my cpu temperature runs on 55degree celcius all the time(like chrome is running and downloading some files using torrent downloader)?
I'm on the same config. It is normal on stock setup. By the way your 55degrees celcius is MAX or AVERAGE? Try using hwinfo to monitor it in the long run.

Undervolt and create a less power aggressive profile to lower temps down on it. I can even play fortnite at 120hz at 2.4ghz-ish all core with temps maxxing at 67-68. For more demanding games, clock it to 2.7-3.2 ish. For office use, use throttle stop performance profile then use speedshift to be 150-180 for it to prefer lower clocks rather than sustaining above 3.4ghz.

I'm coming close to 1year of use. I wonder how often people do thermal repaste on laptop. My temps slowly getting uneven now

This post has been edited by pluginbaby: Jan 20 2020, 10:09 AM
Grevil
post Jan 21 2020, 11:03 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(Grevil @ Jan 13 2020, 02:10 PM)
Yes, their provide me the full detail steps of clean reinstallation the gpu drivers, as I'm not able to carry in my machine to the shop shortly coz I'm not in town.
Had follow the steps and re-install the driver successfully but the brightness issue still exist.
I'm update the gpu driver via nvidia GeForce Experience, right after that I start a game and after few minutes, the brightness sudden drop and cannot adjust back.
just a update on this issue.
the brightness suddenly ok on 16/01/2020, nothing was done but just normal windows update. here are the update screenshot:
user posted image

possible something windows updates cause the issue then now fix it. rclxub.gif
Pogbae30 P
post Feb 15 2020, 03:34 AM

Probation
2 posts

Hi everyone , planning to get the Onyx Pro with rtx 2070 , was wondering if theres a thread just for Onyx Pro users . Thanks🙂
Pogbae30 P
post Feb 15 2020, 03:36 AM

Probation
2 posts

Hi everyone , planning to get the Onyx Pro with rtx 2070 , was wondering if theres a BBC thread just for Onyx Pro users . Thanks🙂
wookp
post Mar 30 2020, 03:08 PM

Casual
497 posts

Quick check. Is there a way to disable the illegear command centre UAC pop-up everytime i restart my machine?
YVONNE@ILLEGEAR
post Mar 31 2020, 10:36 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ Mar 30 2020, 03:08 PM)
Quick check. Is there a way to disable the illegear command centre UAC pop-up everytime i restart my machine?
ILLEGEAR COMMAND CENTER doesn't required UAC confirmation when loaded up.
You may check the windows UAC setting by searching UAC via windows search bar.
wookp
post Mar 31 2020, 07:31 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(YVONNE@ILLEGEAR @ Mar 31 2020, 10:36 AM)
ILLEGEAR COMMAND CENTER doesn't required UAC confirmation when loaded up.
You may check the windows UAC setting by searching UAC via windows search bar.
The thing is, it's happening to my machine. And there's nothing to check on UAC.

This post has been edited by wookp: Mar 31 2020, 07:31 PM
YVONNE@ILLEGEAR
post Apr 2 2020, 09:59 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ Mar 31 2020, 07:31 PM)
The thing is, it's happening to my machine. And there's nothing to check on UAC.
You may try to download and reinstall the Command Center from our support page (https://support.illegear.com/).
Please uninstall the Command Center from control panel and restart when prompted.
During installation Right on the Command Center installer and select Run as Administrator to install.

53 Pages « < 37 38 39 40 41 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0225sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 PM