4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sleep 8 Hours still sleepy

views

syirbiznatch
post Nov 5 2017, 03:13 AM

On my way
549 posts

6 hours is enough or not for sleep? age 28 here and I always sleep back after woke up
irfannnlyat P
post Mar 17 2020, 02:56 PM

Probation
25 posts

I think aim to try to get 7/8 hours. if still tired after than maybe it's the quality of your bed or you're eating too much high sugar food?
ulet
post Apr 4 2020, 12:49 PM

Regular
1,674 posts

Do you get direct sunlight especially in the morning or afternoon at least for 10-20 minutes?

Direct is without window, cap, long sleeve, glasses
rinsedpie
post Apr 7 2020, 04:02 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(afiq10 @ Oct 21 2017, 12:21 AM)
i dont eat breakfast
must eat breakfast; dont miss it, you will ruin your metabolism
even if you are fasting, do wake up for breakfast

a meal you can miss is lunch
rinsedpie
post Apr 7 2020, 04:03 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(syirbiznatch @ Nov 5 2017, 03:13 AM)
6 hours is enough or not for sleep? age 28 here and I always sleep back after woke up
in general we sleep 4-7 hours; few really do 4.
some people sleep 8hrs; this is too much
sleep hygiene is very improtant for your metabolism
try not to sleep near midnight
jeremiahsay P
post Apr 8 2020, 12:03 PM

Probation
10 posts

I used to be like that too. You might have a deficit in one of the crucial vitamins. Incorporate fruits and vegetables daily should help with the condition.

It took me one month of high-quality food intakes to feel energetic again.
Just2centslah
post Apr 27 2020, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

Yes, cut junk food, control portion, do IF (intermittent fasting) and workout daily. I know this is the solution, I workout everyday but I dig carb, which is bad for sleeping deep. I’m in my 40’s.
CyFrozenFoods
post Apr 27 2020, 11:12 AM

45 posts

QUOTE(afiq10 @ Oct 21 2017, 12:23 AM)
i do exercise twice/once a week .. not sure if its good enough

i also mostly use my laptop..
No enough...Should be 5 times / week, each time 30 minutes and heart beat at Extreme Level (above 160bpm if you're age below 40) for min. 5 minutes. flex.gif
Pjuan2013
post May 8 2020, 11:37 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(afiq10 @ Oct 21 2017, 04:40 PM)
how bout Ginko Biloba?

i read it helps supply blood...??

so many suppliment .. dunno which to try..

ginko biloba 500mg ,1000mg, 2500mg or 6000mg..??
Hey,

I think someone wrote about 90 minutes sleep cycle somewhere but you probably overlooked it.

Anyway, this is according to a former sleep coach of Manchester United. You can read more about his theory in his book:

Sleep: Redefine Your Rest, for Success in Work, Sport and Life.

Anyway are you familiar with the different sleep stages? REM and NREM all those ?

There are basically four stages in sleep, and we feel best when we completed all four stages.

e.g

Stage 1 -> Stage 2 -> Stage 3 -> Stage 4 -> Stage 2 or 3 -> Stage 1

One cycle takes about 90 minutes. So theoretically speaking 6 hours of sleeping is better than 6 and half hours of sleeping, because in the 6.5 hours sleep scenario, you wake up in the middle of the cycle. If that happens, you'll feel crappy when you wake up.

So.. try to plan your sleep wake time - I normally go to bed at 12.30am and wakes up 6.30am.

Also, seems like you are looking for supplements so i'm just gonna copy and paste my reply from another thread.

I have a few suggestions for you:

1.) Read this book - Sleep: Redefine Your Rest, for Success in Work, Sport and Life. The author was the sleep coach for Manchester United and he talked about science of sleeping in this book.
2.) improve sleep hygiene - set a sleep/wake schedule and practice good sleep hygiene like no blue light exposure at least half an hour before sleeping.
3.) Download this app called Sleep Town - If you are like me, who have the habit of playing with phone in bed before sleep, check out this app. It's a game that lets you build buildings NOT TOUCHING YOUR PHONE when you are supposed to sleep and when you wake up on time.
4.) Breathing techniques - I think there is this breathing technique 1,4,2 breathing technique (google it) that's supposed to help increase the carbon dioxide in your blood and make you sleepy.
5.) And finally supplements:

Sleeping pills - not recommended for long term use!! Also, sleeping pills help you get into shallow sleep but not deep sleep. The sleep quality you get out of it is low.

Alcohol - not recommended. Like sleeping pill, it doesn't help promoting quality sleep.

Melatonin - not available in Malaysia. If you can get it and really want to use it, make sure your room is completely dark with no light. Melatonin is a chemical released by the brain and the brain stops producing it if there is light.

Chamomile Tea - This is the one that worked for me. Seriously, try it.

Magnesium - Magnesium is a relaxant. Can try, there are some evidence that it works - especially if you are deficient in magnesium. Note: Magnesium is lost through sweat, so deficiencies aremore common in athletes.

Lavendar - You can now get Lavendar supplements (oral supplements, not aromatherapy). The other name of it is called Silexan. I have seen it in Australia before but not yet in Malaysia. Note: it has estrogenic (female hormone) properties, so if your breasts start getting tender (gynecomastia) after taking it, you should stop.

Valerian - it's a popular supplement for sleep but I think many find it useless. Worth trying though, might work for you.

3 remedies recommended by Tim Ferriss in his book Tools of Titans

1.) Honey + Apple Cider Vinegar: 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey, stirred into 1 cup of hot water. I haven't tried this and will try it and let you know if it's effective.

2.) Yogi Soothing Caramel Bedtime Tea: You can get this online. In fact, I have just ordered it online and will try it and update on its effectiveness.

3.) California Poppy Extract: A few drops of California Poppy extract in warm water. Apparently it's the strongest tranquilizer of the three, I'm probably not gonna need this (lol.....)

Sorry about this long reply.

I really hope it helps your problem.

TSafiq10
post May 9 2020, 05:54 AM

Casual
394 posts

Funny how this thread haz been 3 years..(so fast time flies)

Thanks for the advice..

Does Depression also contribute bad quality sleep?
soulz69
post May 9 2020, 07:27 AM

:: LoveHate ::
1,651 posts

QUOTE(afiq10 @ May 9 2020, 05:54 AM)

Thanks for the advice..

yes.
numbertwo
post Oct 14 2021, 10:25 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(afiq10 @ May 9 2020, 05:54 AM)

Thanks for the advice..

afiq, so eventually did you find a way to improve your sleep ?
numbertwo
post Oct 14 2021, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(Pjuan2013 @ May 8 2020, 11:37 PM)
Hey,

I think someone wrote about 90 minutes sleep cycle somewhere but you probably overlooked it.

Anyway, this is according to a former sleep coach of Manchester United. You can read more about his theory in his book:

Sleep: Redefine Your Rest, for Success in Work, Sport and Life.

Anyway are you familiar with the different sleep stages? REM and NREM all those ?

There are basically four stages in sleep, and we feel best when we completed all four stages.

e.g

Stage 1 -> Stage 2 -> Stage 3 -> Stage 4 -> Stage 2 or 3 -> Stage 1

One cycle takes about 90 minutes. So theoretically speaking 6 hours of sleeping is better than 6 and half hours of sleeping, because in the 6.5 hours sleep scenario, you wake up in the middle of the cycle. If that happens, you'll feel crappy when you wake up.

So.. try to plan your sleep wake time - I normally go to bed at 12.30am and wakes up 6.30am.

Also, seems like you are looking for supplements so i'm just gonna copy and paste my reply from another thread.

I have a few suggestions for you:

1.) Read this book - Sleep: Redefine Your Rest, for Success in Work, Sport and Life. The author was the sleep coach for Manchester United and he talked about science of sleeping in this book.
2.) improve sleep hygiene - set a sleep/wake schedule and practice good sleep hygiene like no blue light exposure at least half an hour before sleeping.
3.) Download this app called Sleep Town - If you are like me, who have the habit of playing with phone in bed before sleep, check out this app. It's a game that lets you build buildings NOT TOUCHING YOUR PHONE when you are supposed to sleep and when you wake up on time.
4.) Breathing techniques - I think there is this breathing technique 1,4,2 breathing technique (google it) that's supposed to help increase the carbon dioxide in your blood and make you sleepy.
5.) And finally supplements:

Sleeping pills - not recommended for long term use!! Also, sleeping pills help you get into shallow sleep but not deep sleep. The sleep quality you get out of it is low.

Alcohol - not recommended. Like sleeping pill, it doesn't help promoting quality sleep.

Melatonin - not available in Malaysia. If you can get it and really want to use it, make sure your room is completely dark with no light. Melatonin is a chemical released by the brain and the brain stops producing it if there is light.

Chamomile Tea - This is the one that worked for me. Seriously, try it.

Magnesium - Magnesium is a relaxant. Can try, there are some evidence that it works - especially if you are deficient in magnesium. Note: Magnesium is lost through sweat, so deficiencies aremore common in athletes.

Lavendar - You can now get Lavendar supplements (oral supplements, not aromatherapy). The other name of it is called Silexan. I have seen it in Australia before but not yet in Malaysia. Note: it has estrogenic (female hormone) properties, so if your breasts start getting tender (gynecomastia) after taking it, you should stop.

Valerian - it's a popular supplement for sleep but I think many find it useless. Worth trying though, might work for you.

3 remedies recommended by Tim Ferriss in his book Tools of Titans

1.) Honey + Apple Cider Vinegar: 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey, stirred into 1 cup of hot water. I haven't tried this and will try it and let you know if it's effective.

2.) Yogi Soothing Caramel Bedtime Tea: You can get this online. In fact, I have just ordered it online and will try it and update on its effectiveness.

3.) California Poppy Extract: A few drops of California Poppy extract in warm water. Apparently it's the strongest tranquilizer of the three, I'm probably not gonna need this (lol.....)

Sorry about this long reply.

I really hope it helps your problem.
I can attest to 1. - Chamomile Tea ; 2. - Vinegar or natural prune Enzyme drinks at night hour before sleep

Melatonin is now available too (after C19 some speculated that this helps prevent C19) .. But does this Melatonin has any long term side effect if consume continously?

Tks.
DanielTan2015
post Oct 15 2021, 10:01 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(afiq10 @ Oct 21 2017, 12:18 AM)
I sleep at 12AM+/- and wake up ~7AM 

- BAD EYEBAG
- sleepy
- yawning
- still wants to sleep
I feel like not a quality sleep..

I have no problem sleeping but when i wake up .. feels very bad..

in afternoon/evening i also sleep a bit.. i feel like wasting my time mostly on sleeping
I have tried
VitaHealth MagEase..

Doesn't seem to be working..

Next im going to try

not sure if this is the right one...
I would say it could be hormonal problems if its girl. but i guess everyone's biological clock and build is different, some people can do enough with 5 or even 4 hours of sleep
SUSvery polite
post Oct 15 2021, 10:21 AM

45 posts

i had a friend who complained the same thing.

after meeting few doctors, one of them finally diagnosed him with sleep apnea. now he uses a machine for sleeping, and hie is no longer lethargic.

googurl
post Oct 18 2021, 08:27 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(very polite @ Oct 15 2021, 10:21 AM)
i had a friend who complained the same thing.

after meeting few doctors,  one of them finally diagnosed him with sleep apnea. now he uses a machine for sleeping, and hie is no longer lethargic.
I on the other hand hardly sleep.
Kilohertz
post Nov 17 2021, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Oct 14 2021, 10:27 AM)
I can attest to 1. - Chamomile Tea  ;  2. - Vinegar or natural prune Enzyme drinks at night hour before sleep

Melatonin is now available too (after C19 some speculated that this helps prevent C19) ..  But does this Melatonin has any long term side effect if consume continously?

Tks.
i dont think so its available in m'sia right? heard its a banned substance in here.
numbertwo
post Nov 18 2021, 10:21 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Nov 17 2021, 12:02 PM)
i dont think so its available in m'sia right? heard its a banned substance in here.
i got it from iHerbs, and it works for me as i'm now able to get asleep quicker and don't wake up middle of the night ie. 3am or 4am .. Next I may try tart cherry after reading from this blog : https://caring2u.com/health_info/5-suppleme...ep-like-a-baby/

wishing everyone has a good night sleep.. keep the sharings coming smile.gif
Kilohertz
post Nov 18 2021, 07:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Nov 18 2021, 10:21 AM)
i got it from iHerbs, and it works for me as i'm now able to get asleep quicker and don't wake up middle of the night ie. 3am or 4am ..  Next I may try tart cherry after reading from this blog : https://caring2u.com/health_info/5-suppleme...ep-like-a-baby/

wishing everyone has a good night sleep.. keep the sharings coming smile.gif
oh, so can get melatonin through iHerb and usually will pass the kastam? I read last time (probably outdated info) that they will hold the parcel that's why I didn't proceed to buy ..
numbertwo
post Nov 19 2021, 10:06 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Nov 18 2021, 07:19 PM)
oh, so can get melatonin through iHerb and usually will pass the kastam? I read last time (probably outdated info) that they will hold the parcel that's why I didn't proceed to buy ..
I'm not sure how it got past kastam but yes i received it from iHerb, actually i don't even know if it is controlled med here.. Watson malaysia blog, and another local pharmacy do mention about its capability of helping in sleep so i tot it is nothing illegal at all.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:56 PM