Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
74 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Uber Driver Discussion, Anything about Uber

views

tanyuethan
post Sep 13 2017, 05:03 AM

7 posts

From my house in kepong to klcc about 19km shortest distance. At 5am today, uberflash quote rm18.65 and uberx rm23.31. Deducting 25% will give u about rm15 with uberflash.
tanyuethan
post Sep 13 2017, 05:12 AM

7 posts

Assuming that your car cost is rm0.30/km including maintenance and repair. Driving 20km cost u rm6. rm15-rm6 will earn u net rm9.
xcamsight
post Sep 13 2017, 06:26 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(tanyuethan @ Sep 13 2017, 05:12 AM)
Assuming that your car cost is rm0.30/km including maintenance and repair. Driving 20km cost u rm6. rm15-rm6 will earn u net rm9.
that is why Uber can only drive when there is surge/Boost, this way you earn the full fare as the 25% Uber Fee is offset either by the surge/Boost. Have to drive smart to maximise earning from every km of operating cost.
uberXman
post Sep 13 2017, 08:28 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(tanyuethan @ Sep 13 2017, 05:12 AM)
don't forget that you may travel 3km or more to pick up the rider. this should be counted in to your trip cost as well. if you have 10 trips in a day that need to travel 3km to pick up the passenger, that's already 30km!
TSUtopia Angel
post Sep 13 2017, 09:29 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Sep 12 2017, 10:56 PM)
Ex-driver checking in....can I? Welcomed here?  confused.gif
Welcome !!
I am just the thread-starter, because no one wanted to start one.

QUOTE(xcamsight @ Sep 13 2017, 06:26 AM)
that is why Uber can only drive when there is surge/Boost, this way you earn the full fare as the 25% Uber Fee is offset either by the surge/Boost. Have to drive smart to maximise earning from every km of operating cost.
QUOTE(uberXman @ Sep 13 2017, 08:28 AM)
don't forget that you may travel 3km or more to pick up the rider. this should be counted in to your trip cost as well. if you have 10 trips in a day that need to travel 3km to pick up the passenger, that's already 30km!
+1
I used to allow a max of 5 km for pickup, anything more I won't accept/cancel.
Long pickup wastes time and petrol, resulting in lower efficiency.

jasontantenghuat
post Sep 13 2017, 10:12 AM

Casual
333 posts

Question about UberFLASH.

If we get a taxi, means we have to pay cash? If it is cash, do we follow the taxi meter or the price quoted on the app?
Josephtky725
post Sep 13 2017, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

Guys I registered Uber few days ago and all my document already verify but they took years to approve my account for me to log in the apps. Is there anything that I miss out so they can't approve me? By the way I keep receive email from Uber said my document not yet upload finish but when I log in to the website my document all already approve... So pening
xcamsight
post Sep 13 2017, 12:31 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(Josephtky725 @ Sep 13 2017, 12:12 PM)
Guys I registered Uber few days ago and all my document already verify but they took years to approve my account for me to log in the apps. Is there anything that I miss out so they can't approve me? By the way I keep receive email from Uber said my document not yet upload finish but when I log in to the website my document all already approve... So pening
probably waiting for your background check result from the govt agencies.
Josephtky725
post Sep 13 2017, 01:53 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(xcamsight @ Sep 13 2017, 12:31 PM)
probably waiting for your background check result from the govt agencies.
Normally will take how long?
Wan+
post Sep 13 2017, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(xcamsight @ Sep 12 2017, 07:44 PM)
wow u pick up 3.8 rating rider? For me anything below 4.4 is a no go. sweat.gif
haha....

I received this ping Back to Back while still on the way to drop off another rider and did not notice her rating at that time.

So no choice already accepted.
Wan+
post Sep 13 2017, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(xcamsight @ Sep 12 2017, 07:47 PM)
u better pray that girl won't leave a "Professionalism" report on you.
Haha....

So far I don't bother about their report and life goes on.

Last week, my rating was 4.93.

bcombat
post Sep 13 2017, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

https://www.uber.com/en-MY/blog/faster-rout...ailing-license/

Under the upcoming e-hailing regulations, the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) will require driver-partners to have valid e-hailing licenses to provide ridesharing services. To help you prepare early for this, Uber is working with SPAD to pre-register existing driver-partners.

It is important for you to take action today, even if you are not sure whether you are going to drive as an e-hailing partner later! Signing up under this pre-registration exercise will mean that you are a e-hailing driver-partner in transition, and you’ll be exempted from potential enforcement action by SPAD. Furthermore, you will also get an additional one-year grace period to complete your medical check-ups and vehicle inspections.

Remember to pre-register with us as failure to do so may result in a blocked access to the Uber Driver app, until you have completed SPAD’s e-hailing license requirements, including ensuring you have valid Malaysian driver’s license, passed government mandated screening processes, as well as completing your medical check up and vehicle inspection.

As part of this pre-registration exercise, only relevant driver-partner information will be provided to SPAD. This information will be used to help fast-track the process of issuing your e-hailing license when the new regulations go into effect. We will not be sharing your payment statements, trip history, or other financial-related data since this is not required for this exercise.

Please give us your consent to pre-register at t.uber.com/MYConsent

madman20
post Sep 14 2017, 09:25 AM

The S.PIG
2,775 posts

I kena "Professionalism" last week..just because this Rider not at his pick up location..

I received his ping at a residence condo..went to the lobby..and saw his message to me "Where are you going?"

I immediately called him and told him that I'm at the lobby..he told me he was waiting for me at the mamak across the road doh.gif I quickly drove to his pick up..and realised I DID drove past him..but here's the thing..he didn't even wave when I was approaching him initially..as if I can recognize it was him

I apologized to him once he's in the car and explain the situation..instead he showed his a disgusted look and shrug off..

Next thing I know..my rating from 4.92 drop to 4.89 with a professionalism report

laugh.gif

Kinda slowed down Uber-ing recently with the price hike..not getting enough return as I'm doing this part-time =s
bcombat
post Sep 14 2017, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(madman20 @ Sep 14 2017, 09:25 AM)
I kena "Professionalism" last week..just because this Rider not at his pick up location..

I received his ping at a residence condo..went to the lobby..and saw his message to me "Where are you going?"

I immediately called him and told him that I'm at the lobby..he told me he was waiting for me at the mamak across the road doh.gif I quickly drove to his pick up..and realised I DID drove past him..but here's the thing..he didn't even wave when I was approaching him initially..as if I can recognize it was him

I apologized to him once he's in the car and explain the situation..instead he showed his a disgusted look and shrug off..

Next thing I know..my rating from 4.92 drop to 4.89 with a professionalism report

laugh.gif

Kinda slowed down Uber-ing recently with the price hike..not getting enough return as I'm doing this part-time =s
understand how it feels.
kena penalized for something no our faults.
TSUtopia Angel
post Sep 14 2017, 11:23 AM

0 posts

laugh.gif

I kena 1x Professionalism during my entire Uber career.
I bet it must be one of those trips which I cancelled w/o calling LOLX...

Navigation kena quite a few when were still a new driver though.
Anway, "bo gan" Uber.
Money in the pocket is more important hahaha...

madman20
post Sep 14 2017, 11:44 AM

The S.PIG
2,775 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Sep 14 2017, 10:02 AM)
understand how it feels.
kena penalized for something no our faults.
These people think they understand how Uber works..but then they're just pretending to be smart doh.gif

QUOTE(Utopia Angel @ Sep 14 2017, 11:23 AM)
I kena 1x Professionalism during my entire Uber career.
I bet it must be one of those trips which I cancelled w/o calling LOLX...

Navigation kena quite a few when were still a new driver though.
Anway, "bo gan" Uber.
Money in the pocket is more important hahaha...
True also..but I come from Hotel industry..so service still a priority to me..so when kena report for Professionalism..I putus fius laugh.gif
xcamsight
post Sep 14 2017, 11:49 AM

12 posts

laugh.gif

yeah I hate riders that dont show body language. Hello rider, please la ..u got driver photo, car model and reg. no. u can spot us easily BUT we driver got NOTHING. You expect us to spot you with just a name? At least when see us drive by ..wave hand or some body language like take a step forward, these really helps a lot for drivers.
TSUtopia Angel
post Sep 14 2017, 11:54 AM

0 posts

Ya lor, no rider photo really sux.

I kena before waiting for "wrong" riders in shopping malls.
I thought it's he/she due to body language, but someone else knocked on my car instead LOLX...

yunalesca
post Sep 14 2017, 02:05 PM

On my way
686 posts

Moved from Uber to grab 2 weeks ago. So far:

1. I no need chase trip count in grab. In Uber, i have to hit quest count 54 or 39 to get incentive. If i hit 53 only, i get no incentive. This is usually very stressful. Sometimes i have to force myself to drive until 2am to get 54 trips. I dare not cancel any trip no matter how stupid the rider is. I just swallow and accept the rider abuse to complete the trip. In grab, the incentive is based on hourly, AR, CR and rating. If cannot hit target, there is always the next hour.

2. The pickup distance in grab is usually less than 2km. In Uber, it is average 5km or more (even received 20km )

3. In grab, the app don't care what route you use, the fare is fixed. Rider cannot change drop off point midway. In Uber, the app calculate the distance traveled. If you used shortcut, the fare becomes lower because shorter distance. Rider can change drop off point any time and the fare recalculate to cheaper fare. Uber got upfront fare that rider agreed to pay when booking. The driver may get lower fare, Uber pocket the difference.

3. Grab got minimum fare like rm 4 or rm 5. Uber don't have. It depends on distance. Can be as low as rm 1.00 i think.

4. Grab fare is round up to ringgit. No need deal with coins. Uber fare is up to sen which is very confusing when 10 sen or 20 sen. Need to find change.

5. Grab fare is usually higher than Uber fare.

6. It is easier to get ping in grab than Uber. (More riders)

7. Myth : Uber got more civilised riders. Fact : both the same. Got good and bad riders. Just depend on your luck.

Hope this helps.
bcombat
post Sep 14 2017, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(yunalesca @ Sep 14 2017, 02:05 PM)
Moved from Uber to grab 2 weeks ago. So far:

1. I no need chase trip count in grab. In Uber, i have to hit quest count 54 or 39 to get incentive. If i hit 53 only, i get no incentive. This is usually very stressful. Sometimes i have to force myself to drive until 2am to get 54 trips. I dare not cancel any trip no matter how stupid the rider is. I just swallow and accept the rider abuse to complete the trip. In grab, the incentive is based on hourly, AR, CR and rating. If cannot hit target, there is always the next hour.

2. The pickup distance in grab is usually less than 2km. In Uber, it is average 5km or more (even received 20km )

3. In grab, the app don't care what route you use, the fare is fixed. Rider cannot change drop off point midway. In Uber, the app calculate the distance traveled. If you used shortcut, the fare becomes lower because shorter distance. Rider can change drop off point any time and the fare recalculate to cheaper fare. Uber got upfront fare that rider agreed to pay when booking. The driver may get lower fare, Uber pocket the difference.

3. Grab got minimum fare like rm 4 or rm 5. Uber don't have. It depends on distance. Can be as low as rm 1.00 i think.

4. Grab fare is round up to ringgit. No need deal with coins. Uber fare is up to sen which is very confusing when 10 sen or 20 sen. Need to find change.

5. Grab fare is usually higher than Uber fare.

6. It is easier to get ping in grab than Uber. (More riders)

7. Myth : Uber got more civilised riders. Fact : both the same. Got good and bad riders. Just depend on your luck.

Hope this helps.
drive min 50 trip per week... min fare is rm6.00 (gross) for flexi.

be careful with things like gaming rules, cancellations etc. grab are infamous for banning their drivers.

rider rating does made different for me.

This post has been edited by bcombat: Sep 14 2017, 02:18 PM

74 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0487sec    9.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 12:38 AM