74 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Uber Driver Discussion, Anything about Uber

views

khaiyee87
post Sep 14 2017, 03:06 PM

4 posts

my experienced driving for half a year,
some of the rider think that they are the big boss who pay little money and want driver to wait for them more than 5 mins after a call to them since they not waiting at the pick up point.

i tried before 1 rider cancelled the trip saying i 'rude' to him just by i message him 'can you be fast as i already waited more than 5 mins' shakehead.gif

bcombat
post Sep 14 2017, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(khaiyee87 @ Sep 14 2017, 03:06 PM)
my experienced driving for half a year,
some of the rider think that they are the big boss who pay little money and want driver to wait for them more than 5 mins after a call to them since they not waiting at the pick up point.

i tried before 1 rider cancelled the trip saying i 'rude' to him just by i message him 'can you be fast as i already waited more than 5 mins'  shakehead.gif
If wait > 5 mins at pick up point - driver cancel can get rm3.75
khaiyee87
post Sep 14 2017, 03:13 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Sep 14 2017, 03:09 PM)
If wait > 5 mins at pick up point - driver cancel can get rm3.75
ya, but i already start the trip since rider said few mins will come, so the fare only rm1+ shakehead.gif
yunalesca
post Sep 14 2017, 03:20 PM

On my way
682 posts

QUOTE(khaiyee87 @ Sep 14 2017, 03:13 PM)
ya, but i already start the trip since rider said few mins will come, so the fare only rm1+ shakehead.gif
Yeah, i also kena before. One rider came into car so i start trip. Then she say need to wait for another rider. The second rider took half an hour. Cannot cancel cannot go. Haihz. Rider said sorry will topup extra cash to me for waiting. In the end she gave extra rm1 only. Some riders really think they are big boss .....

This post has been edited by yunalesca: Sep 14 2017, 03:50 PM
khaiyee87
post Sep 14 2017, 05:22 PM

4 posts

i reported the issue to cs and try to claim the cancellation fee, resulted they adjusted my fare to 0 for that trip, Reason:" Perjalanan Tidak Dilakukan. Tambang ini telah diselaraskan berikutan laporan bahawa perjalanan telah dimulakan dan bukannya dibatalkan. Kami telah melaraskan tambang supaya mencerminkan hakikat bahawa perjalanan ini tidak lengkap. " bangwall.gif vmad.gif
Wynects
post Sep 14 2017, 05:38 PM

5 posts

Would like to ask why my Uber driver app has no promotions at all? Or do I need to drive for certain amount of trips then only appear in my promotion list? Couldn't find any articles regarding the promotions/incentive not appearing in the app. Anyone encounter this before?
cyclonerox
post Sep 14 2017, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(Wynects @ Sep 14 2017, 05:38 PM)
Would like to ask why my Uber driver app has no promotions at all? Or do I need to drive for certain amount of trips then only appear in my promotion list? Couldn't find any articles regarding the promotions/incentive not appearing in the app. Anyone encounter this before?
Are you new to Uber? I think you need to take 30 trips before you can check all your promotions/ boosts/ surges
Wynects
post Sep 14 2017, 06:15 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(cyclonerox @ Sep 14 2017, 05:57 PM)
Are you new to Uber? I think you need to take 30 trips before you can check all your promotions/ boosts/ surges
Yep, i'm still new. So far completed 24 trips. Thanks for the info.

Update from my friend, completed 35 trips, still unable to see any promotions.

This post has been edited by Wynects: Sep 14 2017, 06:18 PM
cyclonerox
post Sep 14 2017, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(Wynects @ Sep 14 2017, 06:15 PM)

Just completed by today? please check again tomorrow..their server need to update your current status I guess..
You can call to customer service ask for help if still nothing appear on your map by tomorrow.
TSUtopia Angel
post Sep 15 2017, 12:53 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(yunalesca @ Sep 14 2017, 02:05 PM)
Moved from Uber to grab 2 weeks ago. So far:

1. I no need chase trip count in grab. In Uber, i have to hit quest count 54 or 39 to get incentive. If i hit 53 only, i get no incentive. This is usually very stressful. Sometimes i have to force myself to drive until 2am to get 54 trips. I dare not cancel any trip no matter how stupid the rider is. I just swallow and accept the rider abuse to complete the trip. In grab, the incentive is based on hourly, AR, CR and rating. If cannot hit target, there is always the next hour.

2. The pickup distance in grab is usually less than 2km. In Uber, it is average 5km or more (even received 20km )

3. In grab, the app don't care what route you use, the fare is fixed. Rider cannot change drop off point midway. In Uber, the app calculate the distance traveled. If you used shortcut, the fare becomes lower because shorter distance. Rider can change drop off point any time and the fare recalculate to cheaper fare. Uber got upfront fare that rider agreed to pay when booking. The driver may get lower fare, Uber pocket the difference.

3. Grab got minimum fare like rm 4 or rm 5. Uber don't have. It depends on distance. Can be as low as rm 1.00 i think.

4. Grab fare is round up to ringgit. No need deal with coins. Uber fare is up to sen which is very confusing when 10 sen or 20 sen. Need to find change.

5. Grab fare is usually higher than Uber fare.

6. It is easier to get ping in grab than Uber. (More riders)

7. Myth : Uber got more civilised riders. Fact : both the same. Got good and bad riders. Just depend on your luck.

Hope this helps.
1. And the Uber incentive keeps decreasing everytime you hit.
2. Agree +1.
3. Agree +1, this is what we call "being robbed". Happens everywhere in the world with Uber.
3. At least Uber implemented base fare lately, so all the fare have kinda increased by ~rm1. In the past, I have made some trips below rm2 when there is no base fare - lowest was rm1.50 before commission.
4. This one is not so important lar, just round up/down accordingly.
5. Agree +1.
6. Same as I have said before "you ain't got rider if you ain't got driver". If this continues, I think Uber is going to be gg soon.
7. Agree +1, most riders have at least 2 apps to compare when requesting a ride. It's dependent on your luck and also location, KL folks are mostly demanding IMO.

bcombat
post Sep 15 2017, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4410097
AskarPerang
post Sep 15 2017, 08:45 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
16,615 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Sep 15 2017, 04:19 PM)
Yes. you will get celebrity and more class passenger compare to Grab.
bcombat
post Sep 15 2017, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Sep 15 2017, 08:45 PM)
Yes. you will get celebrity and more class passenger compare to Grab.
select riders with rating > 4.6. Ignore those with 5.0 perfect rating.
Generally better of course still got few which are LCLY.
river.sand
post Sep 16 2017, 07:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,144 posts

QUOTE(Wynects @ Sep 14 2017, 06:15 PM)

Even new driver should be able to see surge and boost. Not sure about quest. (There is very little boost these days anyway, as Uber has largely replaced it with quest.) Try update your app.
b0rhui
post Sep 16 2017, 06:31 PM

On my way
579 posts

Any Mohd Tarmizi here? How's the rear windshield laugh.gif Feeling bad cuz the rear windshield was broken completing my RM2+ trip.
cyclonerox
post Sep 16 2017, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Sep 15 2017, 04:19 PM)
It's really not easy to survive in this e-hailing service after reading all the posts in that thread..

Driver should clean up their car but riders seem expecting more than that...in car air purifier?

Finally I understand why I get some no reason low star ratings right now..Their expectation is over my limit.

I thought sending them safely to their destination with a standard cleanliness car is enough but obviously its not for some picky riders..

It's my fault for not reaching their expectation for a RM3 fare from them, I need to think twice if I should continue providing my service to them..
amad108
post Sep 17 2017, 03:54 AM

remember the name
863 posts

just wanna ask our fellow driver uber here..
i just saw from facebook UG (uber/grab) someone screenshot (from uber driver apps) getting rm2k+ in one whole week for end of august this year... is it really possible?

This post has been edited by amad108: Sep 17 2017, 03:55 AM
Versy_CK
post Sep 17 2017, 06:17 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(cyclonerox @ Sep 16 2017, 11:31 PM)
It's really not easy to survive in this e-hailing service after reading all the posts in that thread..

Driver should clean up their car but riders seem expecting more than that...in car air purifier?

Finally I understand why I get some no reason low star ratings right now..Their expectation is over my limit.

I thought sending them safely to their destination with a standard cleanliness car is enough but obviously its not for some picky riders..

It's my fault for not reaching their expectation for a RM3 fare from them, I need to think twice if I should continue providing my service to them..
This is special case. In my fair share of 1.5k rides, 95% rides are pleasant and okay. And this driver is negligent too, it takes more than a day to accumulate to that amount of sands.
Versy_CK
post Sep 17 2017, 06:28 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Sep 17 2017, 03:54 AM)
just wanna ask our fellow driver uber here..
i just saw from facebook UG (uber/grab) someone screenshot (from uber driver apps) getting rm2k+ in one whole week for end of august this year... is it really possible?
IMO, not mission impossible. He must be working for a very long hours each day, averaging netting 250/day plus quest incentives (morning rush, weekday, and weekend, around 300ish). Question is how long can he do it? How long can a person sustains this kind of working condition? Let's put in another way, like many veterans here said, all depend on how much you willing to commit.
xcamsight
post Sep 17 2017, 06:35 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(cyclonerox @ Sep 16 2017, 11:31 PM)

have u experience rider that back stab you with low rating even the whole trip everything seems normal, friendly chit chat with rider, clean nice car, pickup, drive safely and arrive destination, everything's good and you give rider 5-star. Moment later check rating dropped. Dunno what the rider unhappy about.

The Uber rating system is a bit unfair to driver, rider can indiscriminately rate the trip. Once fetch a rider, he was alright nothing wrong but when arrived at destination, green screen show to collect additional RM5 outstanding. He asked me why? I replied nicely did you cancel any order after 5min? He said that was yesterday. I advice him nicely that if u wish to cancel make it before 5min else u will get a penalty. He paid and went off. Next thing I saw my rating dropped. Inilah kebodohan Uber rating system, can just simply rate even though driver-partner gave their best.

74 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0817sec    2.06    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 10:46 AM