126 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan Sentra CLub, LYN Sentra User

views

Mingson
post Jan 28 2007, 06:41 PM

Casual
344 posts

how is the performance changing those normal spark plug provided by nissan to iridium power and iridium tough??

Get Iridium Power don't get Iridium Tough. Iridium Power Burn fuel more fast and more big power, Iridium Tough just only long life
stevenlee
post Jan 28 2007, 08:03 PM

look @ my Star *o* ...hoho
3,093 posts

QUOTE(Mingson @ Jan 28 2007, 06:41 PM)
Get Iridium Power don't get Iridium Tough. Iridium Power Burn fuel more fast and more big power, Iridium Tough just only long life
then izit increase the FC
Mingson
post Jan 29 2007, 06:58 AM

Casual
344 posts

then izit increase the FC

Iridium Power Plug not only like that, it also can make your car pickup more powerful then before but you don't get wrong plug.
Vanquish
post Jan 29 2007, 10:00 AM

F.U.B.A.R.
2,115 posts

QUOTE(Mingson @ Jan 29 2007, 06:58 AM)
Iridium Power Plug not only like that, it also can make your car pickup more powerful then before but you don't get wrong plug.
Dude, if use wrong plugs, can it cause my car to spew smoke out of the exhaust when I floor the pedal for a quick acceleration? I have this problem... Normal driving, no smoke, but everytime I floor it, loads of smoke comes out of the back... shakehead.gif

I've just changed to new piston rings, fixed up all all engine gaskets (no more oil leak), new fuel filter, etc. and it's still giving me this problem... I suspect it's the use of wrong spark plugs (IK20 instead of IK16)... What do you think?
nlik
post Jan 29 2007, 11:34 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

i remembered something of different coloured smokes. each color highlights a different problem.

different color smoke
uk19xx
post Jan 29 2007, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

I own an Nissan Sentra 2001 model.

is it N16 as well?

what type of plug should i change?

really hate the ignoring sound when drive over pump (hump), did anyone figure out to fix the problem?

tq
dualshock
post Jan 29 2007, 02:27 PM

Let it go...let it go!!!
1,309 posts

QUOTE(uk19xx @ Jan 29 2007, 01:18 PM)
I own an Nissan Sentra 2001 model.

is it N16 as well?

what type of plug should i change?

really hate the ignoring sound when drive over pump (hump), did anyone figure out to fix the problem?

tq
as i mentioned before, the sound that comes when u drive over bump might be due to a tear at the plastic or rubber covering above your tyre. take it back to TCEAS and tell them that prob...most probably they'll change it for you...
justin78
post Jan 29 2007, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Hi to all sentra's owner,

Please check this site out:

http://Nissan Nismo Club

Is a cool site man!

A lot of info can be found there.
Mingson
post Jan 30 2007, 09:18 PM

Casual
344 posts

Where can i get Hotshot header in KL??? I want the Hotshot Sentra Header only. if anyone know please give me the address or website thanks.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Mingson: Jan 30 2007, 11:15 PM
justin78
post Jan 31 2007, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(Mingson @ Jan 30 2007, 09:18 PM)
Where can i get Hotshot header in KL??? I want the Hotshot Sentra Header only. if anyone know please give me the address or website thanks.

Hey bro, the image shown is a 4-2-1 extractor right?
kaizer
post Jan 31 2007, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Hi! I'm a Sentra N16 FL1 owner.

That hotshot header isn't available anywhere in Malaysia. It's only available in the USA. There was a project to immitate the design as it gives the best power (7hp for a 1.8M (US Version) if I'm not mistaken) among all.

But sad to say the project failed miserably...
Mingson
post Feb 1 2007, 12:24 AM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(kaizer @ Jan 31 2007, 06:01 PM)
Hi! I'm a Sentra N16 FL1 owner.

That hotshot header isn't available anywhere in Malaysia. It's only available in the USA. There was a project to immitate the design as it gives the best power (7hp for a 1.8M (US Version) if I'm not mistaken) among all.

But sad to say the project failed miserably...
I finding a good sentra header because it really will make your sentra VTC work more powerful!! i already changed my sentra Header to 4-2-1 with all the piap change to same big like FronTier Paip. so now when my engine run over 4000RPM = [ VTC ON ] The VTC Open you will feel the car like got a Turbo Power make your car more powerful run!! the feel is better then FronTier Engine over 2000RPM Turbo On.

If You don't believe me, you can try at your Sentra. make sure your sentra is N16 or N16A and QG16DE or QG18DE Engine With VTC Technology. i'm trying is "QG16DE" 1.8 will more Power some one will try at 1.8 Sentra?
Vanquish
post Feb 1 2007, 09:44 AM

F.U.B.A.R.
2,115 posts

QUOTE(Mingson @ Feb 1 2007, 12:24 AM)
I finding a good sentra header because it really will make your sentra VTC work more powerful!! i already changed my sentra Header to 4-2-1 with all the piap change to same big like FronTier Paip. so now when my engine run over 4000RPM = [ VTC ON ]  The VTC Open you will feel the car like got a Turbo Power make your car more powerful run!! the feel is better then FronTier Engine over 2000RPM Turbo On.

If You don't believe me, you can try at your Sentra. make sure your sentra is N16 or N16A and QG16DE or QG18DE Engine With VTC Technology. i'm trying is "QG16DE"    1.8 will more Power some one will try at 1.8 Sentra?
You guys with N16 lucky ler, can play with VTC... My GA16DE only got cam-profiling... cry.gif I really wish I could change to a SR16VE (175BHP, baby!!), but it's way too expensive... sad.gif
kaizer
post Feb 1 2007, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Mingson @ Feb 1 2007, 12:24 AM)
I finding a good sentra header because it really will make your sentra VTC work more powerful!! i already changed my sentra Header to 4-2-1 with all the piap change to same big like FronTier Paip. so now when my engine run over 4000RPM = [ VTC ON ]  The VTC Open you will feel the car like got a Turbo Power make your car more powerful run!! the feel is better then FronTier Engine over 2000RPM Turbo On.

If You don't believe me, you can try at your Sentra. make sure your sentra is N16 or N16A and QG16DE or QG18DE Engine With VTC Technology. i'm trying is "QG16DE"    1.8 will more Power some one will try at 1.8 Sentra?
Mine's a 1.6A, using 17" and I've had mine full exhaust system done up together with open pod (self made CAI). Together with Irridium plugs (dunno which model though), VS and ground cables. Not much of a difference, really. Maybe it's the heavy wheels, I don't know...

Frankly, I don't think VTC is that powerful when it engaged. Not much power can be gained with boltons for QG engines. I'm guessing the real power is in the internal works?
Jeff_lwh
post Feb 1 2007, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

A LOT OF THE PJ (almost 1/2) Service centre's mechanics WERE TOC (The OTOMOTIF COLLEGE) AND TCEAS Students under apprentice... Ie. NOT skilled yet... Dunno about their Friendliness and Attitude though...
Mingson
post Feb 1 2007, 10:25 PM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(Vanquish @ Feb 1 2007, 09:44 AM)
You guys with N16 lucky ler, can play with VTC... My GA16DE only got cam-profiling... cry.gif I really wish I could change to a SR16VE (175BHP, baby!!), but it's way too expensive... sad.gif
Wow you rich la. me no money turn engine only play the cheap things sad.gif i change my car exhaust need use 3 month to complete it. My Dream is Turn SR16 Engine also drool.gif but i'm not SR16VE. i saw a Nissan engine at internet the name call SR16VVL_N1. This is 4line Engine with 1600CC but got 200HorsePower. Ha..... rolleyes.gif donno this engine use at my sentra and race with skyline donno i can win or not leh brows.gif

Added on February 1, 2007, 10:46 pm
QUOTE(kaizer @ Feb 1 2007, 04:55 PM)
Mine's a 1.6A, using 17" and I've had mine full exhaust system done up together with open pod (self made CAI). Together with Irridium plugs (dunno which model though), VS and ground cables. Not much of a difference, really. Maybe it's the heavy wheels, I don't know...

Frankly, I don't think VTC is that powerful when it engaged. Not much power can be gained with boltons for QG engines. I'm guessing the real power is in the internal works?
VTC is not open at pickup. VTC will start work at your engine run over 4000RPM.
i donnot you changed what brand at your header,center box and rear box. but i only know i changed my car exhaust at gear 1 and 2 RPM more easy to up. and VTC work more better then before!! i still remember my car without change exhaust the VTC work like + little power and some time cannot feel the VTC is working...ZZZzzz Many people say CVTC more power then VTC.. but this i donno la. At singapore Nissan Sunny already changed a new engine for sunny and the engine is CVTC Tec but in malaysia we still using the VTC cry.gif

Please go this website and click CVTC (Continuously Variable-valve Timing Control) you can see how work the CVTC Tec If VTC donno la.

This post has been edited by Mingson: Feb 1 2007, 10:48 PM
Vanquish
post Feb 2 2007, 09:14 PM

F.U.B.A.R.
2,115 posts

QUOTE(Mingson @ Feb 1 2007, 10:25 PM)
Wow you rich la. me no money turn engine only play the cheap things sad.gif  i change my car exhaust need use 3 month to complete it. My Dream is Turn SR16 Engine also drool.gif  but i'm not SR16VE. i saw a Nissan engine at internet the name call SR16VVL_N1. This is 4line Engine with 1600CC but got 200HorsePower. Ha..... rolleyes.gif  donno this engine use at my sentra and race with skyline donno i can win or not leh brows.gif
Me no rich, if rich, I oredi changed my GA16DE for a SR16VE loh... The N1 edition of SR16 is actually the SR16VE tuned to hardcore levels... It is ULTRA rare, definitely will not be easy to find...

BTW, I just bought a new set of IK16 Denso Iridium plugs... Will install it tomorrow morning... I was comparing the IK16 with an old IK20 I have... IK16 is actually slightly longer in length than the IK20... Could it be that the length of the spark plug can cause such a big difference in power output and emissions? unsure.gif
TShappychai
post Feb 2 2007, 09:43 PM

Regular
1,867 posts

well, is our car can display the temperature outside by pushing the clock setting stick?
Vanquish
post Feb 3 2007, 01:28 PM

F.U.B.A.R.
2,115 posts

QUOTE(happychai @ Feb 2 2007, 09:43 PM)
well, is our car can display the temperature outside by pushing the clock setting stick?
I dun think so, mate... Our Sentras are not that "advanced"... smile.gif
TShappychai
post Feb 3 2007, 04:01 PM

Regular
1,867 posts

haha ok
well, hav u all tinted ur car?
mine still havent ting yet

126 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version