Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan Sentra CLub, LYN Sentra User

views

nlik
post Jan 24 2007, 10:43 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

hie all,

I move around in a Sentra N16 SG manual, 14", 1st facelift + nismo bodykit.

Must read, many things related to us:
kojima's garage

I also strongly recommend you sentra drivers to go:
n16mo forum

This forum is mostly malaysians and so many helpful topics on the n16 sentra. Probably even things you didn't realize about this car.

nlik
post Jan 24 2007, 01:34 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

justin78, no problem . There are the real sifu's in that forum. There's 1 guy that really test and mod many things on the sentra.

Response to the other things in this thread:
4 spark plugs. original is bk5re, but now i use bk6re. Difference is 5re is hot, 6re is cold.

Speed cut? don't have lar on our car unless your car is CBU?
I already done 186kmh several times. 191kmh ONCE only on kesas wif my stock car. (of course many have gone faster lar, not bragging but just to inform)

Did you all know that at tan chong EAS, You can bring your own engine oil, spare parts. So you get hit on the service charge only.
TCEAS parts prices will be around double the costs of outside shops.

nlik
post Jan 24 2007, 02:24 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

if your car under warranty, then should not send to outside service center. it will void the warranty.

by the way, my mileage up to 36,000++

Engine tuning is consult II, will plug just below your steering wheel.
I think this was RM70 the last time i did it.
Through this they can change the idling, see temperatures on the different sensors, change the advance ignition timing.

Save fuel here's how! smile.gif) hahaha:

- Add a few NISMO stickers to your car
- Dump in a SR20VE into the sentra
- Put big bodykits to your car + a high GT wing
- stunning 19" heavy rims.
- Change all your glass to bulletproof
- use OVERsized piping and exhaust mod

irritating things about the sentra , i think most of you (n16) have:
- Bird chirping in the engine on cold weather,morning
- 2 dub dub sound at the back suspension when go over bumps.

nlik
post Jan 24 2007, 04:56 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

In the morning, you will hear a continouous chi chi chi chi chi... sound from the engine until engine warms up. This is caused by a belt there. I haven't bothered to fix this yet tongue.gif. Most probably will replace the belt to a different one to avoid this.

nlik
post Jan 25 2007, 10:21 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

No need to thank me like that lar, pai seh man. It's small thing to copy and paste a link here.

It was actually www.n16mo.com. Then it went down for whatever reason i dunno. So i kept waiting for it and found it again. I think the tai lou there is unker foo. Got even something like bringing extractor and exhausts parts from taiwan just for sentra drivers here.

My dream plans for the sentra. Well.. it may never come true but still fun to think about it:

1. Carbon fibre hood, bootlid, gtwing spiler and engine cover
2. Supercharger with switch. no turbo, dun like farting sound.
3. Lightweight pulley and flywheel.
4. Port and polish, Pig ECU, optimum exhaust
5. remove the side mirrors and replace with tiny camera. Screen is inside.
6. OZ,Volk dark color lightweight rims
7. remove and replace with sports grill. Juz hate the original 1.
8. Pretty GF in the passenger seat.

So wat's your dreams for the humble sentra??

My unit has drums at the back. When i pull handbrake, it does't bite enough to get the ass to swing. But easier to do in rain,wet road lar. Do you guys with the rear discs have an easier time to do this?
nlik
post Jan 25 2007, 11:28 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Sigh.. our FF sentra can't do a proper long distance drift lo. Requires FR or 4wd set to something like FR. Front mount engine,Rear wheel drive.

Pull handbrake just makes the backside slide out only. Quite fun to do as long as no close objects around. You all go try lar, then share your experience here smile.gif. Just don't share the repair cost tongue.gif.

yeah.. if botak tyres at the back and raining.. the car will be 1 hell of a genting theme park ride smile.gif) whaaha.. But mafan rite? keep switching tyres around. Once for fun and change back for normal use.

Sheesh.. y didn't nissan make a modern FR sentra? Sales will increase and beat the really nice looking civic. Then surely someone will do a comic and anime on it. Initial D nissan stage.

This post has been edited by nlik: Jan 25 2007, 11:30 AM
nlik
post Jan 29 2007, 11:34 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

i remembered something of different coloured smokes. each color highlights a different problem.

different color smoke
nlik
post Feb 3 2007, 10:57 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

who knows the weight of the stock 14" rims? my tyres going to be bald soon and have the itch to change to 15". So I would like to get the same weight or lighter than these existing ones.

But I think the 14" rims + ducaro ga should be more fun to drive and easy to make them squeal. I have a bad habit of doing this at 1 roundabout just before reaching my house when the coast is clear.

Wonder how the 15" will feel if compared to the existing 14" 's in wet and dry and when I get abit pedal happy??

Yup, i have mine tinted already. Can feel the difference and really not as hot as before. Also noticed my sentra after tinting looks darker than others, probably due to the original glass having some tint already.

Also I would advices you to stay and watch them do the tinting job so that you can see how the seats are removed, what's in between your doors, lookout for any bad workmanship and so on. Quite a sight to see your car naked internally haha..

.... finishing my 1/24 r32 skyline model soon.

Oo.. 1 more thing. When i got the car.. i also filled up a form myself to get the Drive ON Magazine. Those of you that drive a nissan should request for this magazine as well. It's free.

This post has been edited by nlik: Feb 3 2007, 10:59 PM
nlik
post Feb 12 2007, 10:36 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Radio antenna's fixed outside the car's cabin rite, so tinting the glass won't effect it. Well unless the tinting shops worker's accidentally damaged something or they manually tune your radio?
nlik
post Feb 23 2007, 05:41 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

That spoiler is actually heavy but looks nice. I am using that old 1 which looks like an stretched 'U' terbalik.

New 1 looks like a small mild wave in the sea. Just curve up abit only.

But I won't sell it cause I have always driven cars with spoilers ie. wira aeroback. that I use the tip of the spoiler to judge the rear distance. ...Without it, i feel abit worried when reversing actually.

Maybe you can try chop shops. I once bought just the spoiler off a 1/2 cut old wira in a chop shop.

nlik
post Mar 9 2007, 10:54 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Yesterday i experienced our n16 1.6 cutoff at 6800rpm. Was kinda stressed yesterday night, so I drove out at 1am. didn't bother with the speed, just drive to my hearts content.

4th gear i revved into the red zone and it doesn't allow higher than 6800. The needle is like alternating between 6800 and 6500 along with the engine sound RRrrRRrr oops.gif. If you play gran turismo 4, you can see something like this also if you rev it to the max albeit slower needle jumping in the sentra.

After realizing that, i immediately lift off my right foot and the rpm needle dropped to 5000, then i put it into 5th gear and the car was back to normal acceleration.

But it's nice to drive with your own mental rev limit off.....

nlik
post Apr 27 2007, 09:00 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

QUOTE(d3vilzzzz @ Apr 18 2007, 01:05 AM)
i drive a sentra sgl 1.6..automatic..
hm..max speed 180km/h??...
realli realli potong stim!!..

i was doing 180km/h..dwn klia rite after toll as there r loads of
straights...
i got overtaken by dis old peugeot 406..

i was so so dissapointed!!
I am unsure of 1.6 auto but surely n16 manual 1.6 can reach 195km/h.
Since the auto is on 4 gears, manual is on 5 gears. BUT more important is the gear ratio difference of both actually.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

R U on some 16", 17" which is heavy and so the top speed compromised?
nlik
post Jul 18 2007, 12:05 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Hey, sending my n16 1st facelift for 40,000k service this friday. Need to get them to fix my in car roof light and the rear glass heater.

Wanna ask those who already passed this, what are the costs and maybe where,what to buy for parts. As usual wanna bring in own parts for 40,000k service and save some costs. Thanks.

QUOTE(Vanquish @ Jul 15 2007, 11:37 PM)
Anyway, a small update on my mod... Went to my mech's workshop this afternoon, my car is about 95% complete now... smile.gif

haha..u now having one of the dream engines for any sentra owner. What other mods that needs to be done for safety? bigger brakes? welding? bars?

This post has been edited by nlik: Jul 18 2007, 12:08 PM
nlik
post Jul 29 2007, 04:05 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Just back from wheels shop. cry.gif cry.gif feel stupid. Dunno how come I go and choose dark gunmetal rims for my silver sentra. Looks odd now. Feels like a downgrade rather than an enthusiastic upgrade.

nlik
post Aug 24 2007, 12:49 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Special MSG to Car boot thiefs at Sri Petaling.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Some interesting pics of my sentra.

from left..
1: behind the front wheel.
2 : DOT 4. This is the oil TCEAS uses for brake Oil.
3 : Picture of Engine cover removed, sparkplugs removed.
4. Nismo box for my car bodykit.
5. View of the engine bay.

This post has been edited by nlik: Aug 27 2007, 10:55 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
nlik
post Aug 27 2007, 10:40 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

QUOTE(Vanquish @ Aug 25 2007, 12:19 PM)
Gosh, sorry to hear of your predicament. How much does it cost to fix back the boot lock?

Ur Sentra is 1.6, right?
yaya.. 1.6 manual. I don't want to fix the boot key hole already yawn.gif , leave it as it is. It will latch closed and won't open even if you go over speed bumps and can be opened with the remote or under seat lever, so I will just let this be. Hopefully it will be a deterrent to future tries.

QUOTE(NISMOgan @ Aug 26 2007, 11:46 AM)
nlik : how come you remove the entire brake on ur N16? what u do at TC? woo after removing the engine cover not bad looking hehe more fierce look
Car at workshop, so replace lower arm, suspension and parts around there. Therefore the brakes got removed as well. Accident lor, genting highlands downhill wet , claims me as another victim.

Then only I learn, car under 5 years, the workshop must use back original manufacturer parts in the claim. After the 5th year, you can't blame them if they wanna use inferior stuff. So hence they got the replacement nismo bodykit from tan chong, ori suspension from them (still APM) and I got to take a picture of the box tongue.gif .

Haha.. After engine cover removed, look like your VVL engine,.... minus the performance smile.gif) haha

But, quite interesting to see how they change the spark plugs for our cars.

Also, which shop do you guys recommend to DeCat and replace the whole exhaust setup? My 3 years warranty just over and i'm itching to do this already wink.gif) . Still Lai exhaust center ka?? thanks.
nlik
post Aug 27 2007, 02:53 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Ya.. Spray gold and then I will add a silver badge [NISSAN Twin Cam 24 Valve]... tada!! skyline rb26 wannabe. haha.

yes ori 14" rims. Feel bad after that, so I trade in the rims and got a set of 15" k-speeds. Not a nice feeling driving accident rims.

I talked to the TCEAS person doing my car. He say some cefiro owner complain of lack of power and increase fuel consumption. So they "pecah" the catalytic converter and the owner was happy after that. I think Old cat's need to be replaced or removed as it will be too restrictive.
nlik
post Aug 28 2007, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

haha.. I now also use the set of "crappy Yohohama A drive". Do you notice the wide waterway design on these A drives smile.gif) haha.. so obvious when you put other tyres side by side.

These are still better than the stock Ducaro GA previously. And I am quite happy with this. Never tried the eagle tyres so I won't know. Ducaro GA is fine on dry roads, but I will never take the Ducaro GA again if I am serious of safety on wet roads.

Even on a wet flat road, it's kinda easy to get the backside or the whole car to slide out, don't mention Genting wet. I will not forget that loss of grip experience on genting...

Apart from that, the sentra's butt is weird. Taking a 90 degrees corner at 60kmh on uneven tar road , the butt will abruptly jerk slightly sideways.
nlik
post Sep 2 2007, 12:18 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

NISMOgan, i register and read stuff on n16mo forum. Learn many things there.

But my car is stock only just like the thousands of sentras here, not modded like you guyz. so I dun comment there and pretty soon.. haha I think the forum turns off my account. tongue.gif So understandably the last I read was probably many months ago, something about bringing taiwan made exhausts for n16. Don't know if that came true or not. Care to share it here?

Yes downhill rain with 3 passengers. Not even 10 minutes, 2 workshop ppl already negotiating with me to tow to their workshop, insurance things. Pretty soon a few more was parked at the other side of the road waiting for their turn at getting to me. S**t!, hated the whole experience.

[buddhist- so later on I took it as pay back for karma I did b4]

This post has been edited by nlik: Sep 2 2007, 12:19 AM
nlik
post Sep 2 2007, 08:54 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

I would get the latio. tongue.gif . I hate the interior space of the sentra. Honestly, it is cramped inside and the Latio space is a real welcome improvement. You mentioned you are attracted to the latio sport already. Don't regret many years down the line just to save a few thousand.

Current M'sian sentra tech also several years old already.

This post has been edited by nlik: Sep 2 2007, 08:57 AM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0457sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:08 PM