Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Japanese Vinyl and Figures V12, 2D Waifu in 3D

WingNut
post Nov 14 2018, 10:59 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(redwing7394 @ Nov 14 2018, 12:40 AM)
Ya pretty unlucky this time  sad.gif  Usually you go to kastam office and handle it yourself?
well, it depends. i initially used pos malaysia's clearance service (for reasons stated by metoo), but then i found them charging for delivery thereafter somewhat unreasonable since they were meant to deliver the parcels anyway. i used to drop by on saturdays and the process isn't too difficult really (you've got to alternate between counters but they're easy to navigate once you're familiar with the process)... but yeah, the waiting can test your patience somewhat. besides, there are instances when pos malaysia do not offer the clearance service, and you don't really have a choice but to go there personally. the former cases are where it's a matter of settling the taxes whereas the latter is where your items are borderline prohibited (what is prohibited can be rather arbitrary though). if it's available and you wanna avoid all the hassle, then just pay pos malaysia, as metoo suggested...

squall_12
post Nov 14 2018, 06:30 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

hi guy,

Need help
i buy figure- (Price 80 and shipping DHL put high RM320) so total value of the item is RM400 and DHL tell me custom still charge me tax for RM100 which is crazy and so anyway can fight this off because no way i am paying RM100 for the stupid tax? DHL asked me paid first then check with custom which i feel is stupid.
MeToo
post Nov 14 2018, 07:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(squall_12 @ Nov 14 2018, 06:30 PM)
hi guy,

Need help
i buy figure- (Price 80 and shipping DHL put high RM320) so total value of the item is RM400 and DHL tell me custom still charge me tax for RM100 which is crazy and so anyway can fight this off because no way i am paying RM100 for the stupid tax? DHL asked me paid first then check with custom which i feel is stupid.
Lets put it this way...

I used some flyer points to free exchange stuff form an airline.

Total weight is 2kg.

The tax comes up to USD50 which I need to PREPAY to FedEx..
RobUlstan
post Nov 14 2018, 07:46 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

hi guy,

Need help
DHL bloody scam. I don't use them anymore.
squall_12
post Nov 14 2018, 07:46 PM

Regular

QUOTE(MeToo @ Nov 14 2018, 07:41 PM)
Lets put it this way...

I used some flyer points to free exchange stuff form an airline.

Total weight is 2kg.

The tax comes up to USD50 which I need to PREPAY to FedEx..
so nothing i can do and still need to paid DHL correct?
swx999
post Nov 15 2018, 01:27 AM

hi guy,

Need help
Previously fedex did it all the way and now DHL also doing the same thing which is ridiculous. =.=
I wonder what is the use of shipping fee declaration when our kastam is using the so called "official" price list to estimate the shipping cost.
When you contact them, they will say they can't do anything and ask you to talk with kastam. You will be kicked like a ball around.
When you call kastam, they will say they only have the "official list" and they estimate based on the list.

I wonder if this can be brought to court as every single seller oversea are using the same rate (the actual rate we paid for). It is impossible for the seller to help us paying the remaining without charging us.
But still the courier insist putting the "official rate" at their website, allowing the kastam to leech us.

You may try discuss with them ( I did success once discussing with them by first refuse to sign the parcel, in the end they allow for negotiation, but the 2nd time I try, the kastam side say "it is like that", we follow the rate.)
It is so annoying when you can even prove the actual fee you paid but they refuse to take a look at it. Last time I told them I can log in to my order history at the seller website and let them check but they refused to do so.

Obviously it is a grey area for both party to take advantage at receiver. Seriously I hope some people with law knowledge in this field can help us to make voice of such issue.

Otherwise this situation is just forcing us to make underdeclaration. (I made once before when I am fxxxking annoying that few of my parcels which is declared at actual value were taxed because of the stupid shipping rate.)

FYI, their rate is started at min RM200 approximately. So basically a normal shipment will be estimated at about RM3xx for 500g above. So in the end you can only order items around RM150.
squall_12
post Nov 15 2018, 06:52 AM

Regular

QUOTE(swx999 @ Nov 15 2018, 01:27 AM)
Previously fedex did it all the way and now DHL also doing the same thing which is ridiculous.  =.=
I wonder what is the use of shipping fee declaration when our kastam is using the so called "official" price list to estimate the shipping cost.
When you contact them, they will say they can't do anything and ask you to talk with kastam. You will be kicked like a ball around.
When you call kastam, they will say they only have the "official list" and they estimate based on the list.

I wonder if this can be brought to court as every single seller oversea are using the same rate (the actual rate we paid for). It is impossible for the seller to help us paying the remaining without charging us.
But still the courier insist putting the "official rate" at their website, allowing the kastam to leech us.

You may try discuss with them ( I did success once discussing with them by first refuse to sign the parcel, in the end they allow for negotiation, but the 2nd time I try, the kastam side say "it is like that", we follow the rate.)
It is so annoying when you can even prove the actual fee you paid but they refuse to take a look at it. Last time I told them I can log in to my order history at the seller website and let them check but they refused to do so.

Obviously it is a grey area for both party to take advantage at receiver. Seriously I hope some people with law knowledge in this field can help us to make voice of such issue.

Otherwise this situation is just forcing us to make underdeclaration. (I made once before when I am fxxxking annoying that few of my parcels which is declared at actual value were taxed because of the stupid shipping rate.)

FYI, their rate is started at min RM200 approximately. So basically a normal shipment will be estimated at about RM3xx for 500g above. So in the end you can only order items around RM150.
may i know any custom contact number i can call and discuss on this issue? Thanks
MeToo
post Nov 15 2018, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(swx999 @ Nov 15 2018, 01:27 AM)
Previously fedex did it all the way and now DHL also doing the same thing which is ridiculous.  =.=

Actually many countries do practice these so called "official rate" especially for import/tax purpose.

Just like say if you export something to India, they will have in their system "Item A, price $500". Even if you traded the item at $200, the tax will STILL be based on the "official" $500 figure.

This is to prevent people form escaping tax by fraudulent transactions.

So what business tend to do s, know the rate the country is using, and factor it in when buying/selling.
swx999
post Nov 15 2018, 06:48 PM

QUOTE(squall_12 @ Nov 15 2018, 06:52 AM)
may i know any custom contact number i can call and discuss on this issue? Thanks
Actually that time i appealed to FedEx. Then they ask kastam to contact me. So I don't have their contact πŸ˜‚

QUOTE(MeToo @ Nov 15 2018, 11:17 AM)
Actually many countries do practice these so called "official rate" especially for import/tax purpose.

Just like say if you export something to India, they will have in their system "Item A, price $500". Even if you traded the item at $200, the tax will STILL be based on the "official" $500 figure.

This is to prevent people form escaping tax by fraudulent transactions.

So what business tend to do s, know the rate the country is using, and factor it in when buying/selling.
Ya I do agree the list is to avoid escaping tax. Actually the rate is for personal shipment. Every business site do have a discounted rate which is almost same for many sellers. I don't think kastam don't know about it.
I contacted both seller and fedex before.

Case:
Shipping fee was declared as the same as my item value.
Item value: 7000yen
Shipping value: 7000yen (actual shipping fee is just 1.5kyen around, just few music cd so it's not heavy)

Fedex side statement: The seller didn't declare the shipping fee during shipment. So they use the same value as item value.

Seller side statement: The shipping value is not written by us. FedEx will help them to generate the declaration form so they can't fill the shipping fee.

Both side insist they did their job.πŸ˜‘

For another seller, they just follow the "list" even shipping fee was declared as they feel we are underdeclaring.
Suppose courier should help us to solve it as they themselves are the party who actually receive the payment we made. They clearly know how much is it.

This post has been edited by swx999: Nov 15 2018, 07:19 PM
EXkurogane
post Nov 16 2018, 01:03 PM

Regular

QUOTE(redwing7394 @ Nov 14 2018, 12:40 AM)
Nice! Even when the total price on the postage slip is above RM500? I guess I was unlucky then. It went through two kastam, KL and Butterworth. When I looked at the kastam stamp, it was dated on the day it was at KL. They must have already targeted my parcel over there.
Ya pretty unlucky this time  sad.gif  Usually you go to kastam office and handle it yourself?
For my case I live in Bkt Mertajam, only half an hour away from Butterworth so i go there myself. But in my 8 years of collecting i only kena once, that one cannot run because box is too big. 1 meter like that, summor the release date and shipping timing is right before CNY... sweat.gif
EXkurogane
post Nov 16 2018, 01:05 PM

Regular

My latest photography work, Alter's 1/7 Matsuura Kanan.
If you are on MFC, do drop down a 5 star click and like click! biggrin.gif

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/2097391

user posted image
WingNut
post Nov 16 2018, 04:53 PM

here's the thing... i hardly use fedex/dhl (they're generally more expensive, no?). i would say 99% my figures have always been shipped via EMS. the thing about fedex/dhl (correct me if i'm wrong) is that they will usually kaotim the tax and what nots first and make you pay upon delivery. they don't give you the option of clearing it with customs personally... but they don't charge you extra for the delivery as they're already obligated to deliver to you anyway.
MeToo
post Nov 16 2018, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(WingNut @ Nov 16 2018, 04:53 PM)
here's the thing... i hardly use fedex/dhl (they're generally more expensive, no?). i would say 99% my figures have always been shipped via EMS. the thing about fedex/dhl (correct me if i'm wrong) is that they will usually kaotim the tax and what nots first and make you pay upon delivery. they don't give you the option of clearing it with customs personally... but they don't charge you extra for the delivery as they're already obligated to deliver to you anyway.
DHL/FedEx is super hassle free... their tracking updates is also first class...

But.. you pay for the service, their upfront "tax clearance" might be scary
swx999
post Nov 16 2018, 07:11 PM

QUOTE(WingNut @ Nov 16 2018, 04:53 PM)
Actually, for lower price shipping fee (around 1.5kyen), they are slightly expensive by 200-300yen for fedex economy (priority will have more difference, usually economy and priority delivery speed not much differ for us) from last time i used(quite a long time didn't ship item). If u try heavier shipment like 5kg, EMS will cost you higher (can't recall back the price, maybe 5k-6kyen?),while FedEx they charged me 3kyen+ that time.
As mentioned by MeToo, their tracking system is really good. For tax declaration etc, EMS will be a safer way. They help u clear if tax is within RM100. For DHL shipment from Amazon.jp, they pre charge you a tax amount and will release the charge if there is no tax.

98 Pages « < 96 97 98Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0587sec    3.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 02:30 AM