Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

151 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Loyalty Cards Frequent Flyer and Traveler Loyalty Card, Air Miles and Hotel Discussion

views

X.E.D
post May 1 2016, 01:56 AM

curmudgeonosorus emeritus
1,955 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Apr 30 2016, 10:39 AM)
Yeah I do see F once in awhile, but trying to save up my miles for that potential SQ F trip with the family. I'm down to my last 500k or so miles. 220k return on F is almost 2 people flying on PEY. biggrin.gif

Anyway I do see JL availability in PEY and sometimes J, might try my luck with some of the lesser knowns OW partners, Gulf Air or Finnair or just wait for CX last minute availability next weekend...
Have you tried ex-BKK? Close-in redemptions out of KUL really suffer because we don't really have the same volume as BKK/SIN...

Found J on BKK-HND/NRT-ORD + ORD-NRT-BKK on JL. 12th-17th.
tishaban
post May 1 2016, 11:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(X.E.D @ May 1 2016, 01:56 AM)
Have you tried ex-BKK? Close-in redemptions out of KUL really suffer because we don't really have the same volume as BKK/SIN...

Found J on BKK-HND/NRT-ORD + ORD-NRT-BKK on JL. 12th-17th.
Thanks, actually the limitation for the dates I want (May 13/14/15 return May 20/21/22/23) the limit is almost always the HKG-JFK/EWR segment for CX. The handful of available dates are via YVR and I don't have a canadian visa.

Might have to switch dates for this trip biggrin.gif

speedfamgirl
post May 7 2016, 03:40 AM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(deeplyheartbroken @ Apr 29 2016, 09:36 PM)
I am traveling mostly in Asia region & I find it Accor range of hotels are much more appealing at both cost & quality wise. Been checking out SPG offers since I recently signed up for their SPG Gold program, most of the time the cost is much higher than what Accor (& sometimes even Hhonors) had for the same quality of hotels.
I have very limited experience with Accor, so far i only stay at new hotels like Novotel Melaka & Pullman Miri. I do find they're pretty good and priced competitively compared to SPG hotels.
But then again, I am stupidly loyal to the SPG program...not necessary to their hotels. I'm still missing my spglife though, but now i am confident of Accor offerings as long as they're new.

Current AccorPlus membership fee is RM590. Once enrolled instantly get Silver membership with some perks like fmb discount, 1 free night (that i dont think count towards requalifying), 10% discount off best available rates...
Meanwhile with being a base member of SPG, we can get basic internet, fmb discount from 15-20%, can get points for dining even though not staying at the hotel..hmm.
deeplyheartbroken
post May 7 2016, 08:44 AM

Enthusiast
774 posts

QUOTE(speedfamgirl @ May 7 2016, 03:40 AM)
I have very limited experience with Accor, so far i only stay at new hotels like Novotel Melaka & Pullman Miri. I do find they're pretty good and priced competitively compared to SPG hotels.
But then again, I am stupidly loyal to the SPG program...not necessary to their hotels. I'm still missing my spglife though, but now i am confident of Accor offerings as long as they're new.

Current AccorPlus membership fee is RM590. Once enrolled instantly get Silver membership with some perks like fmb discount, 1 free night (that i dont think count towards requalifying), 10%  discount off best available rates...
Meanwhile with being a base member of SPG, we can get basic internet, fmb discount from 15-20%, can get points for dining even though not staying at the hotel..hmm.
You are not the only one, there are many SPG loyalists here too.
Human Nature
post May 8 2016, 01:18 AM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,131 posts

Emirates is not in Oneworld but from Emirates website, it states that:

Emirates Skywards members and Malaysia Airline’s Enrich members, the airlines’ frequent flyer programmes, will be able to accrue and redeem miles on all international and domestic flights operated by both airlines

If I am going to Budapest using Emirates (the route is not serviced by MAS), how do I earn the miles in Enrich points? From Emirates booking website, it only shows Skyward points. Do I need to enroll with the Skyward program first before conversion?

If I am buying from Emirates Malaysia site, I should just use MYR and not change its currency, right?

Thank you

This post has been edited by Human Nature: May 8 2016, 01:21 AM
X.E.D
post May 8 2016, 03:51 AM

curmudgeonosorus emeritus
1,955 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 8 2016, 01:18 AM)
If I am going to Budapest using Emirates (the route is not serviced by MAS), how do I earn the miles in Enrich points? From Emirates booking website, it only shows Skyward points. Do I need to enroll with the Skyward program first before conversion?

If I am buying from Emirates Malaysia site, I should just use MYR and not change its currency, right?

Thank you
Cross-reference the %s in the Emirates table in this link and use with the second link:
1) http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/enri...r-airlines.html
2) http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_cal...m&ticket_price=

If your journey starts in Malaysia it will be optimally priced in MYR.
Human Nature
post May 8 2016, 11:09 AM

All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(X.E.D @ May 8 2016, 03:51 AM)
Cross-reference the %s in the Emirates table in this link and use with the second link:
1) http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/enri...r-airlines.html
2) http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_cal...m&ticket_price=

If your journey starts in Malaysia it will be optimally priced in MYR.
Thank you. Will check the links out.
tishaban
post May 17 2016, 09:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

I'm sure most of you would've received the email already, but Krisflyer now allows redemption on SQ Premium Economy beginning May 24th 2016

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/ppscl...tnews/PEY-annc/

Redemption seems to be almost as expensive as business for some routes. I wonder what availability is like...

minthiam
post May 17 2016, 10:50 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 8 2016, 01:18 AM)

Thank you
Here you go, just make sure you are not flying with Class V or X.

user posted image

Do note that if you are MH frequent flyer, you will earn mileage but not the elite sector as EK is not part of OW.
Human Nature
post May 17 2016, 10:54 PM

All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(minthiam @ May 17 2016, 10:50 PM)
Here you go, just make sure you are not flying with Class V or X.

user posted image

Do note that if you are MH frequent flyer, you will earn mileage but not the elite sector as EK is not part of OW.
Hi thanks. Changed airline from Emirates to Turkish so unable to convert to Enrich anymore. But thank you for the info, nonetheless, for future usage.
ey3zack
post May 17 2016, 11:01 PM

45 posts

Which website should I use to compare flight prices?
minthiam
post May 17 2016, 11:01 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 17 2016, 10:54 PM)
Hi thanks. Changed airline from Emirates to Turkish so unable to convert to Enrich anymore. But thank you for the info, nonetheless, for future usage.
Just curious, why you rather have a transit in Turkey with TK and not with EK or QR?
ey3zack
post May 17 2016, 11:26 PM

45 posts

Personally I find the miles are not really beneficial as we require large number of miles in order to redeem. For example, I flew KL-Sydney with MAS and earned close to 9k miles - the return flight cost RM3k. But when I checked, it only allow me a free ONE WAY flight from KL-BKK. AA is only retailing at RM200+ for return KL-BKK. Even with MAS it is at RM350 return flight. Worth?
Human Nature
post May 17 2016, 11:31 PM

All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(minthiam @ May 17 2016, 11:01 PM)
Just curious, why you rather have a transit in Turkey with TK and not with EK or QR?
Was considering Emirates and Etihad initially, but my travelling partner is travelling from HK on Cathay Pacific. So eventually decided on matching our arrival and departure timings.
minthiam
post May 18 2016, 12:06 AM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(ey3zack @ May 17 2016, 11:26 PM)
Personally I find the miles are not really beneficial as we require large number of miles in order to redeem. For example, I flew KL-Sydney with MAS and earned close to 9k miles - the return flight cost RM3k. But when I checked, it only allow me a free ONE WAY flight from KL-BKK. AA is only retailing at RM200+ for return KL-BKK. Even with MAS it is at RM350 return flight. Worth?
If you are not OW frequent flyer, and not enjoying the OW perks such as lounge access, priority boarding/ baggage, baggage allowance etc then there's absolutely no reason to stick to one airlines (or alliance). The painful part about being certain alliance frequent flyer is the re-qualification part, every year you need to fly certain frequencies with them in order to keep the frequent flyer status. It's not like you earn the elite status and you get to keep it forever, at least not with MH!
ey3zack
post May 18 2016, 12:21 AM

45 posts

Yea that's right! And because I don't stick with just one airline - I purchase whichever is most value for money (including luggage fee, meal, transaction fee, and what not), so I don't find much use for frequent flyer program. After all, I don't fly that far too anyway.
bearbear
post May 18 2016, 08:34 AM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(ey3zack @ May 17 2016, 11:26 PM)
u need to look at medium or long hours flight, short hours flights are not worth redeeming.

MAS do throw on some promos now and then, sometimes 50% off the miles required.
ey3zack
post May 18 2016, 09:03 AM

45 posts

Ah I see, thanks for the tip! biggrin.gif
diablo2
post May 18 2016, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ May 18 2016, 08:34 AM)
u need to look at medium or long hours flight, short hours flights are not worth redeeming.

MAS do throw on some promos now and then, sometimes 50% off the miles required.
Incidentally MAS is having a promo on flights to London right now....35% discount on Enrich miles required for Economy, 40% discount on Biz and 70% on First Class,

Book from 18-21 May
Travel from 19 May - 30 June 2016
bearbear
post May 18 2016, 06:40 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(diablo2 @ May 18 2016, 05:49 PM)
Incidentally MAS is having a promo on flights to London right now....35% discount on Enrich miles required for Economy, 40% discount on Biz and 70% on First Class, 

Book from 18-21 May
Travel from 19 May - 30 June 2016
That is alot of discount on first class!!!

too bad i just got back from europe else would have considered this.

This post has been edited by bearbear: May 18 2016, 06:40 PM

151 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 AM